Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » The Coupe! (Page 8)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14   
Author Topic: The Coupe!
bwkelley76
¯
Member # 8792

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bwkelley76  Ford pictures for bwkelley76    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by AJBlackGT:
Man you got more balls than me doing a head and cam swap over that sweet fresh paint job!

...Story of my life? lol. Working in the resto industry you learn to do what you can, when you can, and to just BE CAREFUL! ....wool-lined fender covers are a good thing as well...lol

Home Sweet Home!...

-

How much carpet insulation does one car need?!! ... ...Just lost some weight...

-

LONG WEEKEND! ...In addition to removing the carpet insulation, some mandatory under-dash wiring functional cleanup, fix headlight switch and ignition switch wiring, remove under-dash A/C unit, install MSD system (hide under dash), install tachometer, clean and reinstall interior.

-

-

-

-

-

-

[ September 18, 2012, 02:32 AM: Message edited by: bwkelley76 ]

--------------------
Dont sweat the petty things and dont pet the sweaty things. "RIP George Carlin"

Posts: 886 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Dec 2008  |  :
dvuspny
¯
Member # 10949

Ford Icon 6 posted      Profile for dvuspny  Ford pictures for dvuspny    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Very......very nice!!!! Sleek [patriot]

--------------------
* -DV8- from the just the "norm." *
DVUS MOTORSPORTS ALBUM - http://s1193.photobucket.com/albums/aa349/Dvus_Motorsports/

Posts: 1221 | From: ~BAY AREA~ | Registered: May 2011  |  :
Duncan Motors
¯
Member # 7045

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Duncan Motors  Ford pictures for Duncan Motors    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
u do very nice work! looks beautiful!!!
4 CAM FOX
¯
Member # 11891

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 4 CAM FOX  Ford pictures for 4 CAM FOX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
That thing is tits. You have me sold on the 10 series flowmasters too. Exactly how I want my car to sound. [patriot]

--------------------
"The clutch is on the left. Gas on the right."
"What's this one in the middle?"
"It's for pussies."

bwkelley76
¯
Member # 8792

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bwkelley76  Ford pictures for bwkelley76    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
<<Thanks guys!

quote:
Originally posted by 925_GT:
That thing is tits. You have me sold on the 10 series flowmasters too. Exactly how I want my car to sound. [patriot]

It has a pretty decent sound, I'm definitely wanting to run the pipes all the way out the back though, one of these days.

--------------------

bwkelley76
¯
Member # 8792

Hello all, I just got back from a week's vacation in Cancun, Mexico. Maybe I need to get my priorities straight but the best part of the week was getting HOME, driving my Mustang and having a freakin' cheeseburger! lol ..the simple things we take for granted.

Today I spent the day doing some minor things to the car like installing the rear package tray, interior door lock ferrules, horse emblem on the grille (looks great), and completed the daunting task of finding the correct cooling fan/clutch assembly and a shroud. ...<<Tight quarters up there!

Pics coming soon. I may do stripes on the side, possibly FIA stripes on the fenders or something. I've visited all the basics like c-stripes, CS stripes, shelby/GT style rocker stripes, yadda yadda. This one deserves something that "fits"! ...and the vote around town so far is NO BUMBER STRIPES! ...interesting how "in person" people have different opinions.

[ September 29, 2012, 11:33 PM: Message edited by: bwkelley76 ]

--------------------

bwkelley76
¯
Member # 8792

Grille Emblem is on.

Definitely leaving the bumper plain, no stripes. I'm thinking about getting rid of the stripes on the rock-guard between the grille and bumper as well.

..any comments?

-

--------------------

Hele On
¯
Member # 4107

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hele On  Ford pictures for Hele On    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I miss my old parchment interior! Stripes look good, personally wouldn't add any more. Headlight buckets need to be painted to match the body, IMHO it takes away from the grill and overall look of the car... It accentuates the lights in a bad way, looks rough but not in a "racer" kind of way.
BLoWN FR500
¯
Member # 8766

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BLoWN FR500  Ford pictures for BLoWN FR500    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[Eek!] [Eek!] [worship] [worship] [worship] [worship] [Eek!] [Eek!]

--------------------
92 Fobra Supercharged - Stolen
89 Turbod Fobra - Sold
90 Lx - Sold
86 Lx - Sold
96 Cobra

I Stay Charged Like The Energizer Bunny

Posts: 1226 | From: San Leandro | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
4 CAM FOX
¯
Member # 11891

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 4 CAM FOX  Ford pictures for 4 CAM FOX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Hele On:
I miss my old parchment interior! Stripes look good, personally wouldn't add any more. Headlight buckets need to be painted to match the body, IMHO it takes away from the grill and overall look of the car... It accentuates the lights in a bad way, looks rough but not in a "racer" kind of way.

I would have to agree on the "raccoon eyes". It just dosent look quite right on this car.

--------------------
"The clutch is on the left. Gas on the right."
"What's this one in the middle?"
"It's for pussies."

98 ROUSH
¯
Member # 10309

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 98 ROUSH  Ford pictures for 98 ROUSH    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I would it just leave it the way you have it bro, badass Old School [worship]

--------------------
Built 2v
Stroked, Cammed and Blown
Advanced Auto Built & Kurgan Tuned

Posts: 4678 | From: North Hayward, Cali | Registered: Sep 2010  |  :
bwkelley76
¯
Member # 8792

quote:
Originally posted by 98 ROUSH:
I would it just leave it the way you have it bro, badass Old School [worship]

Thanks 98! ...I still want to do something on the side though, even if its minor.

--------------------

bwkelley76
¯
Member # 8792

Haven't changed the front or sides yet, it's growing on me like it is so I'll probably leave it at least for a while. I definitely have other things to deal with so I'll revisit the front later.

Currently dialing in the front steering and suspension. I changed the steering wheel, power steering control valve, and have been playing with steering box adjustments.

I'm also chasing a nasty vibration at freeway speeds, possibly driveline and/or tailshaft bushing. It's definitely speed related, not RPM. I hung a wrench on some things and did some inspecting, etc. The rear u-joint caps were not as tight as I prefer but not completely loose, so not sure if that was it or not. ...havent' test-driven it yet to verify.

Here is a picture before and after of the steering wheel I installed.

It's just one that I had lying around, definitely better than the GARGANTUAN stock wheel.

Looks pretty decent so I'll probably leave it. The difference in handling with just the smaller wheel diameter is AMAZING.

BEFORE

-

AFTER

-

[ October 06, 2012, 05:41 PM: Message edited by: bwkelley76 ]

--------------------

v-town coupe
fordologist
Member # 2771

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for v-town coupe  Ford pictures for v-town coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The parchment interior looks out of place, just go black! nice car none the less.
Posts: 4597 | From: the V-town | Registered: May 2003  |  :
bwkelley76
¯
Member # 8792

Nice night time pic of the car.

-

--------------------

phildog
¯
Member # 1214

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for phildog  Ford pictures for phildog    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Looks dope, although my vote would be to black out the grille area completely, from headlight to headlight. And run the stripes through the bumpers.

Great looking ride, and thank you for axing the stock steering wheel!

166 Merlo
FELONY
MOTORSPORTS
Member # 1549

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 166 Merlo  Ford pictures for 166 Merlo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Dp

[ October 08, 2012, 01:25 AM: Message edited by: 166 Merlot ]

--------------------
'89 - Boss Coupe
'70 - Drop Cutthang
'68 - Cougnut
'87 - 0166, Its real

166 Merlo
FELONY
MOTORSPORTS
Member # 1549

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 166 Merlo  Ford pictures for 166 Merlo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 925_GT:
quote:
Originally posted by Hele On:

I would have to agree on the "raccoon eyes". It just dosent look quite right on this car.
I dont concur.. I think it makes it look more modern- restomod if u would. Kind of like a new 2012-2013. I wouldnt change it. And yes, keep the stripes off the bumper. Looks good man. I like it! And i hate yellow, If that means anything...

[ October 08, 2012, 01:29 AM: Message edited by: 166 Merlot ]

--------------------
'89 - Boss Coupe
'70 - Drop Cutthang
'68 - Cougnut
'87 - 0166, Its real

BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BIGBALLFACTOR  Ford pictures for BIGBALLFACTOR    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Looks really good i like thr color,just not feeling the painted bumpers to late 80's pro street for my taste
bwkelley76
¯
Member # 8792

...Having an all steel driveshaft made. The original "tube-in-tube" rubber shaft has got to go! ...I thought about doing aluminum but I really don't need it and don't want to spend the cash at the moment.

--------------------

bwkelley76
¯
Member # 8792

I HAVE RESOLUTION! ...holy hell if driveshaft vibrations don't cause headaches. I had a bad vibration at 60-70 MPH when coasting/cruising, ESPECIALLY when in neutral or clutch-in. I decided to replace the old rubberized driveshaft with a steel one, that changed nothing, I checked pinion and tailshaft angles and shimmed the rearend accordingly, that did nothing.

I read up on NUMEROUS forums, checked everything accordingly, etc, and I stumbled upon a guy online that got rid of his poly trans mount in favor of a stock rubber one and all his troubles went away.

So, I took his advice and for a measly $ 8 dollars I solved the problem.... I got rid of the poly trans mount and installed a factory rubber one.

VIBRATION GONE! Who woulda thought!?

--------------------

bwkelley76
¯
Member # 8792

Dialing in the steering today... Found that my brand new idler arm was bad. Bought a MOOG unit and the steering feels MUCH better!

--------------------

bwkelley76
¯
Member # 8792

9" rear woes!!

Dang it, my 9" rear isn't coming along as nicely as I hoped. Turns out I have a freakin mini-spool instead of the POSI/limited slip differential I was promised, my axle tubes on my narrowed housing are 3.25" wide (HUGE) so I'm going to need to modify my lower plates (right side being integral to the panhard bar), and also just found out the ends that were welded onto the tubes are OLD-SCHOOL big-bearing that have an odd bolt pattern and do not use a traditional seal rather an o-ring and aren't the TORINO NEW ends I was promised. Had to re-order my Wilwood parts for the rear today for correct fitment and now I'm trying to find a rebuildable trac-loc or other posi unit to replace the stupid mini-spool. ........It's ALWAYS SOMETHING RIGHT?

--------------------

bwkelley76
¯
Member # 8792

DOH!....

You know how you wash your car and it rains? How about when you decide to sell your car and has a major break-down the very day you find a buyer?

Looks like my 8" rear wants the last word....

Now that I've decided to start working on my 9" swap, the 8" decides to blow an axle seal, real BAD! ...Gear oil all over the r/r brakes and wheel. YUK.

So, now I'm really making progress on the 9" rear, ...out of necessity! (that and I really don't want to put a dime into the 8")

Today I ordered the posi unit, 31-spline custom length Currie axles with "Set-20" tapered bearings, all the attachment hardware, and weld-on axle perches.

For those of you that are wondering, I have a big-bearing/VERY ROBUST 9" truck housing that was narrowed to fit the stang (less 1/4" width on each side) as well as a set of crio-treated 4.11's that unfortunately have a mini-spool currently, as to why I've ordered a reworked/upgraded Trac-Loc setup. The housing is the largest/beefiest housing that Ford ever made, with 3.25" axle tubes and a v-gusset center. I will be modifying my lower plates, including the side with the Maier panhard bracket to incorporate the 3.25" tubes.

...FUN! lol

[ October 23, 2012, 02:09 AM: Message edited by: bwkelley76 ]

--------------------

v-town coupe
fordologist
Member # 2771

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for v-town coupe  Ford pictures for v-town coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by bwkelley76:
DOH!....

You know how you wash your car and it rains? How about when you decide to sell your car and has a major break-down the very day you find a buyer?

Looks like my 8" rear wants the last word....

Now that I've decided to start working on my 9" swap, the 8" decides to blow an axle seal, real BAD! ...Gear oil all over the r/r brakes and wheel. YUK.

So, now I'm really making progress on the 9" rear, ...out of necessity! (that and I really don't want to put a dime into the 8")

Today I ordered the posi unit, 31-spline custom length Currie axles with "Set-20" tapered bearings, all the attachment hardware, and weld-on axle perches.

For those of you that are wondering, I have a big-bearing/VERY ROBUST 9" truck housing that was narrowed to fit the stang (less 1/4" width on each side) as well as a set of crio-treated 4.11's that unfortunately have a mini-spool currently, as to why I've ordered a reworked/upgraded Trac-Loc setup. The housing is the largest/beefiest housing that Ford ever made, with 3.25" axle tubes and a v-gusset center. I will be modifying my lower plates, including the side with the Maier panhard bracket to incorporate the 3.25" tubes.

...FUN! lol

The Only thing I took out of all that was your selling it already?
Posts: 4597 | From: the V-town | Registered: May 2003  |  :

Page: 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com