Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » The Coupe! (Page 12)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  ...  9  10  11  12  13  14   
Author Topic: The Coupe!
bwkelley76
¯
Member # 8792

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bwkelley76  Ford pictures for bwkelley76    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Car handles incredibly well! I'm DEFINITELY investing in a better steering wheel though...lol I love the feel of the rack & pinion but it's definitely a FULL RACE manual rack! ...Bicepts are throbbing as I write this.

--------------------
Dont sweat the petty things and dont pet the sweaty things. "RIP George Carlin"

Posts: 886 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Dec 2008  |  :
bwkelley76
¯
Member # 8792

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bwkelley76  Ford pictures for bwkelley76    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
LOOKIE WHAT SANTA BROUGHT! ...Rears to match the fronts. [Smile]

-

--------------------

66_5.0
¯
Member # 9974

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66_5.0  Ford pictures for 66_5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Well who's your Santa? I have a lot of Christmases that mine skipped out on lol

--------------------
1966 Mustang

bwkelley76
¯
Member # 8792

quote:
Originally posted by 66_5.0:
Well who's your Santa? I have a lot of Christmases that mine skipped out on lol

lol, you know, the crazy fat guy with the red jammies and the flying deer?

--------------------

bwkelley76
¯
Member # 8792

Finally found the right wheel ...15" leather wrapped Moto-Lita. [Smile] Found it used and picked it up for a great price!

-

-

--------------------

bwkelley76
¯
Member # 8792

Happy Holidays everyone! Here are some updated pics of the undercarriage and trunk, as well as my new rear double-adjustable Varishocks. The shocks are a HUGE difference over the Bilsteins and I LOVE the adjust-ability.

I think once I learn the "recipe" I'll be able to race this thing on the auto-x and the drag strip all in the same day. Can anyone say biathlon? lol

...Props to Varishock for a really cool product.

Anyone ever done this? ...The joys of building THEN PAINTING! (Backward I know) In a perfect world it would now be time for disassembly, paint, then reassembly. Call me lazy, or maybe skilled? [Wink] lol..

-

Hah! just in time for the Holidays! ... I just realized this thing looks like the sleigh from "A Nightmare Before Christmas" ".......on Dancer, on Prancer, on Edelbrock, Quick-Fuel, and " ....wait, I think I'll stop there I don't want to break any copy-write infringement laws. [Wink]

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

[ December 30, 2012, 01:23 AM: Message edited by: bwkelley76 ]

--------------------

bwkelley76
¯
Member # 8792

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

--------------------

Greasy
¯
Member # 5258

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greasy  Ford pictures for Greasy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Looks great [patriot]

--------------------
'93 Cobra-Coyote Powered
'03 DSG Cobra
'13 Dodge Cummins
'14 Rubicon X

Posts: 3272 | From: North Dallas | Registered: Jan 2005  |  :
bwkelley76
¯
Member # 8792

quote:
Originally posted by Secnd2nun64:
Your not doing that rear end justice with the crud on the underside of your car. Time for wire brush cleaning and black paint under there.

<<<Ehem. [Wink] How do ya like me now?

--------------------

bwkelley76
¯
Member # 8792

quote:
Originally posted by Greasy:
Looks great [patriot]

Thanks and Merry Christmas!

--------------------

66_5.0
¯
Member # 9974

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66_5.0  Ford pictures for 66_5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Looks really good. What did you spray the trunk with? Was it the same as the rest of the car?

--------------------
1966 Mustang

bwkelley76
¯
Member # 8792

quote:
Looks really good. What did you spray the trunk with? Was it the same as the rest of the car?

Thanks! Yep same stuff. Lucky for me this car was never undercoated so clean-up and prep was a snap.

I used SEM "Low VOC" undercoating and Orr-Lac semi-gloss for the components and/or touch-up. Both are great products for rattle cans. On a high-dollar "rotisserie" build I use Hippo-Liner and a spray gun though, that stuff is TOUGH AS NAILS. The SEM works good for builds like mine and regular street cars, and the rattle can makes it easy to touch-up and get around things.

I like the mild texture, and although it's rubberized it still dries pretty hard and is durable. It comes with your choice of a straw and 2 different nozzles for different textures and easier access to crevices, etc. I spray it right out of the can with the "regular" nozzle instead of the straw in most cases.

-

--------------------

COBRA50
¯
Member # 11614

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for COBRA50  Ford pictures for COBRA50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[worship] [worship] [worship]

--------------------
94 SVT BLOWN LIGHTNING

66_5.0
¯
Member # 9974

Ok and what did you prep it with? My trunk and underneath the car is ugly lol

--------------------
1966 Mustang

166 Merlo
FELONY
MOTORSPORTS
Member # 1549

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 166 Merlo  Ford pictures for 166 Merlo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thats wack, where's the 4-15"s and Zapco amps??

--------------------
'89 - Boss Coupe
'70 - Drop Cutthang
'68 - Cougnut
'87 - 0166, Its real

bwkelley76
¯
Member # 8792

<<Thanks Cobra!

Lol Merlot...heck I haven't even put the 6x9's back in it since I pulled them out for paint.

quote:

Brake-Clean and a Brillo pad in my case. If it's that bad and/or been undercoated before, usually a heat gun and a spatula is needed.

[ December 26, 2012, 04:14 AM: Message edited by: bwkelley76 ]

--------------------

66_5.0
¯
Member # 9974

quote:
Originally posted by bwkelley76:
<<Thanks Cobra!

Lol Merlot...heck I haven't even put the 6x9's back in it since I pulled them out for paint.

quote:

Brake-Clean and a Brillo pad in my case. If it's that bad and/or been undercoated before, usually a heat gun and a spatula is needed.
Im jealous everything on your cars are always very nice! Ill put that on my to do list thanks

--------------------
1966 Mustang

MaK_1967v8
¯
Member # 12187

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MaK_1967v8  Ford pictures for MaK_1967v8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Amazing build for sure. I would've done some things a LITTLE different. ( bumpers would've been flat black as well, not color matched ) but regardless. its beautiful.

--------------------
1967 C Code Coupe
2004 Roush Stage 2

Posts: 620 | From: Sacramento, CA | Registered: Jul 2012  |  :
bwkelley76
¯
Member # 8792

quote:
quote:
<<Thanks Cobra!

quote:

Im jealous everything on your cars are always very nice! Ill put that on my to do list thanks
You're welcome, always glad to help, and I hope it goes well for ya!

--------------------

bwkelley76
¯
Member # 8792

quote:
Originally posted by MaK_1967v8:
Amazing build for sure. I would've done some things a LITTLE different. ( bumpers would've been flat black as well, not color matched ) but regardless. its beautiful.

Thanks! Different strokes for different folks, and this car was really not "planned out", it just kinda happened. LOL

--------------------

Secnd2nun64
¯
Member # 1431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Secnd2nun64  Ford pictures for Secnd2nun64    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Your not doing that rear end justice with the crud on the underside of your car. Time for wire brush cleaning and black paint under there.

lol, very nice! You may want to put some type of barrier inside that trunk behind the rear seat to protect you from the gas tank. I'm curious on those shocks you have. I put some kyb's on mine and they are too soft.
Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
That's some serious dedication to a car.

--------------------
Stangless

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
bwkelley76
¯
Member # 8792

quote:
quote:
quote:

lol, very nice! You may want to put some type of barrier inside that trunk behind the rear seat to protect you from the gas tank. I'm curious on those shocks you have. I put some kyb's on mine and they are too soft.
Thanks! I LOVE the Varishocks. They are Double-Adjustable, meaning you can adjust both compression and extension rates. They give you 16 clicks on each which gives you 32 different settings. They adjust all the way from super soft to super stiff, and everything in-between.

I like your suggestions by the way, don't be afraid to chime in any time!

quote:
Originally posted by Luke87GT:
That's some serious dedication to a car.

I know right? lol

[ December 30, 2012, 01:35 AM: Message edited by: bwkelley76 ]

--------------------

166 Merlo
FELONY
MOTORSPORTS
Member # 1549

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for 166 Merlo  Ford pictures for 166 Merlo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Amazing what a little tender love and care can do [Whoo Whooooo!]

--------------------
'89 - Boss Coupe
'70 - Drop Cutthang
'68 - Cougnut
'87 - 0166, Its real

bwkelley76
¯
Member # 8792

quote:
Originally posted by 166 Merlo:
Amazing what a little tender love and care can do [Whoo Whooooo!]

Thanks! A little TLC does go a long way. So does a whole heck of a lot of work...lol! I NEVER thought I'd go this far on this car but I'm glad I have. [Smile]

[ December 31, 2012, 04:53 AM: Message edited by: bwkelley76 ]

--------------------

Page: 1  2  3  ...  9  10  11  12  13  14   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com