Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » The Coupe! (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  12  13  14   
Author Topic: The Coupe!
bwkelley76
¯
Member # 8792

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bwkelley76  Ford pictures for bwkelley76    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Duncan Motors:
nice man!!!!! i have one thats close to what youve done that i should be workin and getting on the road soon. u close to driving it yet?

Thanks! I drive it every day.

--------------------
Dont sweat the petty things and dont pet the sweaty things. "RIP George Carlin"

Posts: 886 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Dec 2008  |  :
bwkelley76
¯
Member # 8792

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bwkelley76  Ford pictures for bwkelley76    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Driver's quarter will be done in the AM and we will be moving on to the next panel. [Smile]

-

--------------------

v-town coupe
fordologist
Member # 2771

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for v-town coupe  Ford pictures for v-town coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by phildog:
I would dump the stock power steering system pretty quickly if you plan on really using the car, ie open tracking. Otherwise, if the budget allows, I prefer the TCP kit.

Nice looking ride.

the TCP kit is nice but does not retain stock turning radius. on a track car no big deal but on a cruiser/driver yeah and if you want to go power steering the kit with the pump you have to use comes out to $2800. [Eek!]
Posts: 4597 | From: the V-town | Registered: May 2003  |  :
v-town coupe
fordologist
Member # 2771

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for v-town coupe  Ford pictures for v-town coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 1Sicgt:
How well does that Panhard Bar work with leaf springs? Just curious?

Ive seen a few cars run Auto X with that setup and there, they did very well.
Posts: 4597 | From: the V-town | Registered: May 2003  |  :
bwkelley76
¯
Member # 8792

Driver's door. [Smile]

-

-

[ May 12, 2012, 05:32 PM: Message edited by: bwkelley76 ]

--------------------

bwkelley76
¯
Member # 8792

Driver's Rocker, roof sail panel, and trunk lid, we also started de-badging the car.

-

-

-

--------------------

bwkelley76
¯
Member # 8792

Roof, passenger sail-panel, passenger quarter, passenger rocker and door are done. Getting there!

-

-

-

-

-

--------------------

norcalfiddy
¯
Member # 11207

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for norcalfiddy  Ford pictures for norcalfiddy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
nice project! im doing a budget build rite now with my cougar, you even have the same wheel setup i wanted. lol

--------------------
600HP 1996 7.3L powerstroke single cab short bed race truck

Posts: 3393 | From: Brentwood | Registered: Aug 2011  |  :
phildog
¯
Member # 1214

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for phildog  Ford pictures for phildog    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Nice lookin 67 Camaro back there too. Car is looking great, makes me fiend for an old school again.
bwkelley76
¯
Member # 8792

quote:
Originally posted by norcalfiddy:
nice project! im doing a budget build rite now with my cougar, you even have the same wheel setup i wanted. lol

Thanks, Ive had a number of stangs and this one is being built for fun, not for show. The wheels just kindof "happened". They came off of a parts car that I bought recently. Not my first choice and they require spacers to work, but they look good. I saw your cougar, lookin good! What headers did you end up using to work with the P heads?

--------------------

bwkelley76
¯
Member # 8792

quote:
Originally posted by phildog:
Nice lookin 67 Camaro back there too. Car is looking great, makes me fiend for an old school again.

Thanks! That camaro was built by us and belongs to a customer, wicked car, 800 horse injected big block, pro-charged and intercooled, mini tubbed and 4 link.

[ May 19, 2012, 03:48 PM: Message edited by: bwkelley76 ]

--------------------

66_5.0
¯
Member # 9974

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66_5.0  Ford pictures for 66_5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Looking good. Whats the color choice this time?

And how wide are the rims in the rear...they look good

--------------------
1966 Mustang

bwkelley76
¯
Member # 8792

quote:
Originally posted by 66_5.0:
Looking good. Whats the color choice this time?

And how wide are the rims in the rear...they look good

Thanks! I'm not disclosing the color just yet, it's going to be on the LOUD side if it turns out how I want. This is going to be a track/street car. [Smile] The back rims are 17x10 and fronts are 17x9.

[ May 20, 2012, 01:26 AM: Message edited by: bwkelley76 ]

--------------------

bwkelley76
¯
Member # 8792

Back panel, roof, and most of passenger front fender are done.

-

-

-

-

-

--------------------

bwkelley76
¯
Member # 8792

Hood is mostly done.

-

-

--------------------

68dustin
CAFords OG
Member # 5388

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 68dustin  Ford pictures for 68dustin    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
damn fool u move fast on the sanding... lookin good, whats the color gonna be?

--------------------
"As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction that I can keep, and if I do begin to slide, please dear God protect me and my ride!"

Posts: 3986 | From: neverland | Registered: Feb 2005  |  :
Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
 -

Looks awesome!

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
Secnd2nun64
¯
Member # 1431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Secnd2nun64  Ford pictures for Secnd2nun64    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Liking the progress. Thought about going with a gt pan or lighted hood?
*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *EPIK*  Ford pictures for *EPIK*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Looks great on those wheels... I can't wait to see the finished product!

--------------------
=91 Notch:12.31@110 **Under Construction**
=05 CTS-V: 418rwhp/393rwtq=13.01@111

http://www.djepikmusic.com

bwkelley76
¯
Member # 8792

quote:
Originally posted by Secnd2nun64:
Liking the progress. Thought about going with a gt pan or lighted hood?

Stock hood for now, might add a late-model y2k era scoop to it, not sure.

--------------------

bwkelley76
¯
Member # 8792

quote:
Originally posted by *EPIK*:
Looks great on those wheels... I can't wait to see the finished product!

Thanks!

--------------------

bwkelley76
¯
Member # 8792

Moving right along...

-

-

-

--------------------

Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Keep the pics coming!

--------------------
Stangless

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
bwkelley76
¯
Member # 8792

Almost ready for primer!

-

-

-

--------------------

phildog
¯
Member # 1214

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for phildog  Ford pictures for phildog    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Looks good. Are they offering any original-tooling rear valances yet? All the Taiwan repops I have seen fit like crap, with big gaps on the quarter panels.

Page: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  12  13  14   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com