Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |

This topic has been moved to Street Racing.

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » If you live in oakland>UPDATE! Police release photos of looters in protest (Page 7)

Page: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11   
Author Topic: If you live in oakland>UPDATE! Police release photos of looters in protest
Yaterstang
¯
Member # 7659

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yaterstang  Ford pictures for Yaterstang  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by 306Coupe:
Didnt this country start because of an unjust government? Didn't the war start by white people rioting? Riots are the means of expressions for those people who feel like theres no other way to be heard. Riots are a negative no matter which way you look at things but sometimes they do accomplish things, the United States

Great point, lets burn this bitch down!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SFvert
Drama kids have no place here
Member # 3965

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SFvert  Ford pictures for SFvert        Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by liftedF150:
quote:
Didnt this country start because of an unjust government? Didn't the war start by white people rioting? Riots are the means of expressions for those people who feel like theres no other way to be heard. Riots are a negative no matter which way you look at things but sometimes they do accomplish things, the United States

We all know that in this case the only reason riots are going to happen is because of a bunch of stupid people who think its going to be fun to burn oakland and cause more injury to people who have NOTHING to do with this. This is all about RACE wich is sad. You wont see a bunch of white people burning shit up if he is found guilty do you? You didnt see people burning oakland down when the 4 cops were shot and killed. All you people saying racism, why dont you tell the people of your race to stop setting a bad example for the rest of the race. Steriotyping is a bitch but until people prove otherwise the inoscent will suffer until the majority pull their head out of their ass's. The only way people will get past race is when people stop trying to use the race card about everything.
[worship] [worship] [patriot] X 100000000000000000000000000000000000000

--------------------
R.I.P. 89 LX Sold the 90 Vert,
I bring the Amber Lamps!!!
[IMG]http://images.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/5/53/Epicbeardmanwin.jpg[/IMG]

Posts: 3706 | From: the city by the bay | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
quote:

We all know that in this case the only reason riots are going to happen is because of a bunch of stupid people who think its going to be fun to burn oakland and cause more injury to people who have NOTHING to do with this. This is all about RACE wich is sad. You wont see a bunch of white people burning shit up if he is found guilty do you? You didnt see people burning oakland down when the 4 cops were shot and killed. All you people saying racism, why dont you tell the people of your race to stop setting a bad example for the rest of the race. Steriotyping is a bitch but until people prove otherwise the inoscent will suffer until the majority pull their head out of their ass's. The only way people will get past race is when people stop trying to use the race card about everything.
There is some logic and some myth to this post. The communication you speak of has to be 2-way. While I sympathize with what may potentially happen. There is a large effort going on as we speak by community leaders, churches and communities in general to discourage ritoing and violence. So what you speak of is already happening. Now on the other hand. The police department and governing agencies need to do more with grievances filed, and could stand to send some officers to sensitivity training. Also it would be a good idea to implement a Meyers Brigss type of testing during the application process. There are still injustices happening on a whole scale way to much out there as in regards to policing the community. This is a form of communication whether you see it that way or not. granted there are dumb asses that will exploit the situation. That is expected with anything. But until a level communication platform is established and all parties are truly held accountable for their actions I am sure this is destined to be a wash and repeat. So when you guys say "I wish those ghetto people will stop.." or "talk to the people you share a ethnic background" or anything condemning towards the people of Oakland. You have to remember idiots cast aside this is not completely without merit.
liftedF150
¯
Member # 868

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for liftedF150  Ford pictures for liftedF150    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:
quote:

There is some logic and some myth to this post. The communication you speak of has to be 2-way. While I sympathize with what may potentially happen. There is a large effort going on as we speak by community leaders, churches and communities in general to discourage ritoing and violence. So what you speak of is already happening. Now on the other hand. The police department and governing agencies need to do more with grievances filed, and could stand to send some officers to sensitivity training. Also it would be a good idea to implement a Meyers Brigss type of testing during the application process. There are still injustices happening on a whole scale way to much out there as in regards to policing the community. This is a form of communication whether you see it that way or not. granted there are dumb asses that will exploit the situation. That is expected with anything. But until a level communication platform is established and all parties are truly held accountable for their actions I am sure this is destined to be a wash and repeat. So when you guys say "I wish those ghetto people will stop.." or "talk to the people you share a ethnic background" or anything condemning towards the people of Oakland. You have to remember idiots cast aside this is not completely without merit.
I agree with you n8 officers should go through more training like that ( if they dont already im not sure ) and the groups that are getting together for a peacefull rally are a great start, but as you can see on just this post alone that people still just want to cause havic because thats all they know or honestly want to do.

Edit*
I think N8 that establishing a 2 way communication is something that will really never happen, remember your talking about people who are Employed to keep the peace and will go through training and have the ability to work towards peace but the other side ( civilians ) will have to take it upon themselves to try and establish that relationship and they dont have the obligation to do so.

[ July 06, 2010, 12:16 PM: Message edited by: liftedF150 ]

--------------------
GO SHARKS!

Posts: 3259 | From: Discovery Bay | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :
fast 98gt
¯
Member # 9307

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fast 98gt  Ford pictures for fast 98gt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by 925GT50:
What would have been the outcome if mesherle was Mexican or black? None of this would been have brought up. Like said before it's a race issue not bad judgement. Cops kill innocent people all the time alm across the us.

I say it dont matter to me im just saying the dude should get frist degree he killed grant cold blooded

i dont care about what race he was and what race the cop was but i also dont like cops white black mex it don't matter they all think they are better then everyone else... he cant get charged 1st degree because he is a cop is bull like i said before grant was not harming anyone in any way the cop got butt hurt...grant was face down and cuffed talking trash with knees in his back the was no need for anything thing else bu to take him to jail... no peeperspray, stun gun , nor gun.... guns have safetys he knew he had his gun and shot him in the back thats why he did not say it was an accident... no neeed for riots

--------------------
98 gt with mark 8 motor
07 p71 crown vic
02 explorer 4.0 4wd
90 gt hatch auto sold
90 f350 5.8 sold
88 lx vert 2.3 5sp...sold

Posts: 173 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jul 2009  |  :
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:
quote:

I agree with you n8 officers should go through more training like that ( if they dont already im not sure ) and the groups that are getting together for a peacefull rally are a great start, but as you can see on just this post alone that people still just want to cause havic because thats all they know or honestly want to do.

Edit*
I think N8 that establishing a 2 way communication is something that will really never happen, remember your talking about people who are Employed to keep the peace and will go through training and have the ability to work towards peace but the other side ( civilians ) will have to take it upon themselves to try and establish that relationship and they dont have the obligation to do so.

The communication block is a stone that needs to be chipped away. The chipping should have started in the 60's, but never did. So Oakland is still reeling from those heinous days. I am not sure of how much you are in touch with Oakland. But I am 100% positive if the platform was given, olive branch extended and resulting follow through was exhibited. We could see a tremendous change in Oakland. But it has to be concerted. It seems like a pipe dream in current day speaking. But after having my community service ties in Oakland. I can tell people would prefer not live is a state of fear. Unfortunately the most positive steps should be taken on the authoritative end, then on the civilian end. The people on a whole scale have either lost faith in the police or maintain a certain level of distrust for the police. That is dark cloud that breathes life into the monster we see. It is so easy to sit in a easy chair and cast judgment. But these very steps these folks are prepared to take. Were the same steps taken during the civil rights movements, the same steps that allow me to enjoy freedoms I otherwise would not have. In principal the stakes are the same "equal treatement", just the players are different and on a smaller scale.

But all in all, what I am saying that rioting and civil unrest is not 100% useless and is a form of communication (sometimes effective). Yes it hurts all, but it can serve a purpose. And in Oakland's case is not entirely without merit.

fast 98gt
¯
Member # 9307

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fast 98gt  Ford pictures for fast 98gt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Dag302:
quote:

Are those the same people stealing tv's you see on tv during the riot. They want to be heard. What exactly are they expressing? I am sure that is the case for some but a lot are using it for there advantage.
I agree some are stealing because people are rioting but alot of people who are angry are expressing their built up rage as well. I wish our judicial system wasn't broken and justice could be sought in court not in the streets
a cop is a peace officer not a god or someone that should be able to take someones life if a cops kills they should go to prison aswell as anyone else that kills

--------------------
98 gt with mark 8 motor
07 p71 crown vic
02 explorer 4.0 4wd
90 gt hatch auto sold
90 f350 5.8 sold
88 lx vert 2.3 5sp...sold

Posts: 173 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jul 2009  |  :
liftedF150
¯
Member # 868

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for liftedF150  Ford pictures for liftedF150    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by fast 98gt:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Dag302:
quote:

Are those the same people stealing tv's you see on tv during the riot. They want to be heard. What exactly are they expressing? I am sure that is the case for some but a lot are using it for there advantage.
I agree some are stealing because people are rioting but alot of people who are angry are expressing their built up rage as well. I wish our judicial system wasn't broken and justice could be sought in court not in the streets
a cop is a peace officer not a god or someone that should be able to take someones life if a cops kills they should go to prison aswell as anyone else that kills
I dont think anybody is saying he shouldnt get some sort of punishment, but its a matter of what that punishment is, It shouldnt be murder 2 because he didnt intend and plan out to kill Grant, It will more then likly be Manslaughter wich it should be.

--------------------
GO SHARKS!

5.t0es
¯
Member # 5864

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5.t0es  Ford pictures for 5.t0es    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
man with all the theories,and comparisions to the 60s,and what ifs and how comes and bs, again ill gladly watch from the safe comfort of my safe living room. while oakland is having there meaningful peace riot. all you oaklnd lovers can stay there. hope your kids are born street savy and not book smart. i just dont understand flaunting being from the hood. and the 60s? pshhhh a bunch of bitching weve came a long way while you people tryna keep yourselves down by living off the past. NOT SMART
N8
¯
Member # 6048

quote:
Originally posted by 5.0-srt-4:
man with all the theories,and comparisions to the 60s,and what ifs and how comes and bs, again ill gladly watch from the safe comfort of my safe living room. while oakland is having there meaningful peace riot. all you oaklnd lovers can stay there. hope your kids are born street savy and not book smart. i just dont understand flaunting being from the hood. and the 60s? pshhhh a bunch of bitching weve came a long way while you people tryna keep yourselves down by living off the past. NOT SMART

It is probably better that you do not understand. And the problem is not living in the past it is learning from the past. You are so eager to pass judgment on people (very sad quality btw) that you missed the whole purpose of what I posted. And it is your seclusion that has you thinking we have come farther than we have. When in reality we have not, there is still quite a bit of work in certain regions to make sure folks civil rights are not violated on a regular basis and that there is accountability for those transgressions. And just because someone is raised in an environment that fosters street savvy-ness. Does not mean there is a limitation on their learning. I am a shining example of that.

But I do agree I will have my family out of harms way when it goes down. However I am really glad I am raising my kids to temper judgment with compassion. [patriot]

5.t0es
¯
Member # 5864

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5.t0es  Ford pictures for 5.t0es    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:

It is probably better that you do not understand. And the problem is not living in the past it is learning from the past. You are so eager to pass judgment on people (very sad quality btw) that you missed the whole purpose of what I posted. And it is your seclusion that has you thinking we have come farther than we have. When in reality we have not, there is still quite a bit of work in certain regions to make sure folks civil rights are not violated on a regular basis and that there is accountability for those transgressions. And just because someone is raised in an environment that fosters street savvy-ness. Does not mean there is a limitation on their learning. I am a shining example of that.

But I do agree I will have my family out of harms way when it goes down. However I am really glad I am raising my kids to temper judgment with compassion. [patriot]

thats a sweet way to raise your kids,BUT its 2010 a 16yr old will blast your head off for lunch money, so ill raise mine to stay completley away from high violence areas such as oakland. wouldnt risk my kids safety over an ideal way to raise them.
N8
¯
Member # 6048

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:

thats a sweet way to raise your kids,BUT its 2010 a 16yr old will blast your head off for lunch money, so ill raise mine to stay completley away from high violence areas such as oakland. wouldnt risk my kids safety over an ideal way to raise them.
Just to let you know, lil Timmy down the street is capable of the same thing (Columbine). Just remember glass houses and stones do not mix [Big Grin]

Cheers. I have said too much in this topic...lol.

liftedF150
¯
Member # 868

quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:

Just to let you know, lil Timmy down the street is capable of the same thing (Columbine). Just remember glass houses and stones do not mix [Big Grin]

ya but ill take the 1 in 100000 chance of timmy then the 1-10 chance in oakland. And to add to the posts above this, the problem with discrimination n8 is for the most part its all true and the cops or whoever are just cutting to the chase, ya it isnt right but you know the truth hurts. I mean shit watch cops and almost anybody who gets arrested is in instant denial even when shit comes falling out of their own pockets on camera it was a friends or not theirs or the cops planted it on them.

--------------------
GO SHARKS!

DLo
¯
Member # 6133

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DLo  Ford pictures for DLo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by fast 98gt:
guns have safetys he knew he had his gun and shot him in the back thats why he did not say it was an accident... no neeed for riots

I'm not an expert with guns, but don't the cops carry glocks? Glocks don't really have a safety or something like that, the trigger itself is the saftey isn't it?

--------------------
94 GT

Posts: 1876 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Oct 2005  |  :
N8
¯
Member # 6048

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:

ya but ill take the 1 in 100000 chance of timmy then the 1-10 chance in oakland. And to add to the posts above this, the problem with discrimination n8 is for the most part its all true and the cops or whoever are just cutting to the chase, ya it isnt right but you know the truth hurts. I mean shit watch cops and almost anybody who gets arrested is in instant denial even when shit comes falling out of their own pockets on camera it was a friends or not theirs or the cops planted it on them.
That is a gross misconception. And if you are basing that on the show cops that is even sadder. Anyway, I am not trying to change anyones mind here. The folks with the most acute judgments are the folks who neither frequent there, live/lived there are have any ties there. So it is to be expected that you would feel that way. But from a historic perspective unfortunately rioting is a valuable communication tool.
5.t0es
¯
Member # 5864

quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:

lol see why he gotta be lil timmy i never said lil jerome. lol im just playin n8 you my boy still.
N8
¯
Member # 6048

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:

lol see why he gotta be lil timmy i never said lil jerome. lol im just playin n8 you my boy still.
Funny thing is I started to say "lil Tyrone", but that would have spurred a whole new topic with how the folks that live in these untouchable communities have no Tyrones in thier midst....hahahah. Yea no love lost here. I am still cool with folks. Oh and I have a cousin named Timmy who is black. Its funny how a name can give way to a race. See we haven't come too far....hahahaha

[ July 06, 2010, 02:26 PM: Message edited by: N8 ]

89point.
¯
Member # 6078

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89point.  Ford pictures for 89point.    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just read one the pussy ass jury people was sick today so now we have to wait another day for the verdict.. Hurry the fuck up with it I wanna know the verdict..
5.t0es
¯
Member # 5864

quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:

Funny thing is I started to say "lil Tyrone", but that would have spurred a whole new topic with how the folks that live in these untouchable communities have no Tyrones in thier midst....hahahah. Yea no love lost here. I am still cool with folks. Oh and I have a cousin named Timmy who is black. Its funny how a name can give way to a race. See we haven't come too far....hahahaha
my name is timmy and im black
306Coupe
¯
Member # 4988

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 306Coupe  Ford pictures for 306Coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by snakebit95:
quote:
Originally posted by 50stang:
quote:
Originally posted by snakebit95:
quote:
Originally posted by 925GT50:
What would have been the outcome if mesherle was Mexican or black? None of this would been have brought up. Like said before it's a race issue not bad judgement. Cops kill innocent people all the time alm across the us.

Better yet, what if Grant was White? We wouldn't even be talking about it. I'm willing to bet that more cops are gunned down than civilians per year across the country. Mistakes & accidents happen, and that's just the way it is. Everybody can keep on debating their side and argue till they are blue in the face, but for what? 1 side will never convince the other side that they are right and vise verse. You can lead a horse to water but you cant make him drink. Everybody forgets what's important we "Americans" are some of the luckiest people in the world. People want to keep crying about injustice and fairness. If you don't like it leave. [patriot]
more cops killed then civilians every year...thousands of civs are killed every year vs a hand full of officers coast to coast actually. Yes we Americans are some of the luckiest people in the world, being allowed to bitch about whatever you want IS a freedom of being an American. As an American YOU ME or ANYBODY should never take injustice and like it, maybe thats what you were taught but not me.
Really how many people are killed by Cops a year? 133 cops were killed in 2008 & 125 in 2009. I highly doubt that there was more civilians killed by cops than this. At least innocent 1's that were killed. I mean if you are armed and you get killed by a cop is that the same as shooting a cop in cold blood? Anyways we can go on and on. I see that you are from Oakland so I wouldn't expect your response to be any different. no disrespect or knock to you. We are all products of our environments. I do agree with you that we can't let injustice go on without notice, but there is a civil way to handle just about any situation. Retaliation, riots & random act's of violence is just ignorant and will only back their cause and hurt yours. To anybody that lives in Oakland, I hope that no harm comes to you or your family and or property, I really do. Anybody out in the streets acting a fool, you will be handled accordingly.

BTW - the last time people rioted in Oakland my friends car got stomped on by 6 - 10 black guys while she watched from the 3rd floor. She is a single black mother trying to make it in these hard times, they caused over 5K in damage. WTF? How does this help the community and it's people? Protest and freedom of speech is the answer, not acting like a animal.

Everybody be safe out there.

Peace

looking more into the number of police officers killed each year i found this to be true 127 police officers died last year, but here's how it breaks down

Total Line of Duty Deaths: 127
9/11 related illness: 4
Accidental: 1
Aircraft accident: 4
Assault: 1
Automobile accident: 34
Duty related illness: 3
Gunfire: 47
Gunfire (Accidental): 2
Heart attack: 9
Motorcycle accident: 3
Struck by vehicle: 7
Vehicle pursuit: 3
Vehicular assault: 9

--------------------
1987 Coupe- Not stock

SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
^ So let's get this straight........ almost 50 cops were killed by bad guys in one year VS this one bad guy (Oscar Grant.... Who we know was a felon and was resisting arrest)who was shot by an officer..... I'd say this shows us all that more bad guys kill cops then this one cop f-ing up real bad and shooting a bad guy.....
One other thing, if a cop does shoot someone like what happened that day. They are told not to talk to anyone BUT their lawyer. That IS why he didn't say anything to the other cops..... That was one part of his training he did get right that day.

--------------------
Originally posted by turbo50:
I have no intenions of keeping anyones parts or taking anyones money.

phil a
¯
Member # 6951

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for phil a  Ford pictures for phil a    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
You are so eager to pass judgment on people (very sad quality btw)

quoted for irony
Posts: 1261 | From: toledo oh | Registered: Jul 2006  |  :
N8
¯
Member # 6048

quote:
Originally posted by phil a:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
You are so eager to pass judgment on people (very sad quality btw)

quoted for irony
re-quoted for clarification, as sad defines the quality not the person. So your pursuit of irony is a FAIL [Wink]

[ July 06, 2010, 04:11 PM: Message edited by: N8 ]

306Coupe
¯
Member # 4988

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 306Coupe  Ford pictures for 306Coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Slowback67:
^ So let's get this straight........ almost 50 cops were killed by bad guys in one year VS this one bad guy (Oscar Grant.... Who we know was a felon and was resisting arrest)who was shot by an officer..... I'd say this shows us all that more bad guys kill cops then this one cop f-ing up real bad and shooting a bad guy.....
One other thing, if a cop does shoot someone like what happened that day. They are told not to talk to anyone BUT their lawyer. That IS why he didn't say anything to the other cops..... That was one part of his training he did get right that day.

I would bet good money that the police killed the mojrity of those who killed officers, and those criminals who were not killed were sentence to LONG TERM prison. I don't think you get it. Shooting a cuffed person, while two police officers have knees in his back, is called an execution.

--------------------
1987 Coupe- Not stock

liftedF150
¯
Member # 868

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Slowback67:

I would bet good money that the police killed the mojrity of those who killed officers, and those criminals who were not killed were sentence to LONG TERM prison. I don't think you get it. Shooting a cuffed person, while two police officers have knees in his back, is called an execution.
[Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
GO SHARKS!

Page: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11   
Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com