Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Bart Police Shooting (Page 8)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14   
Author Topic: Bart Police Shooting
9cobrasnake9
CAFords OG
Member # 575

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9cobrasnake9  Ford pictures for 9cobrasnake9  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Personally, if I was pissed about a cop tailgateing me I would just slam on the brakes and have him rearend me. His bad...I would stop that injustice right in its tracks!!

--------------------
96 Mystic Cobra
2011 F150 Raptor

90gtvert
¯
Member # 8697

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90gtvert  Ford pictures for 90gtvert    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 9cobrasnake9:
Personally, if I was pissed about a cop tailgateing me I would just slam on the brakes and have him rearend me. His bad...I would stop that injustice right in its tracks!!

lol

Mike

--------------------
90 GT Vert
93 GT

http://www.110octanephotography.com

Jdub07
( O Y O )
Member # 2728

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jdub07  Ford pictures for Jdub07    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Someone once said,...

“Your intelligence is measured by those around you; if you spend your days with idiots you seal your own fate.”

Now I say, Let this be a warning to those who are continually bantering with idiocy day to day. Spend some time with those of equal intelligence before it is to late. Leave this thread for your own personal ability to comprehend is at stake.

Good Luck and Godspeed!
Jdub07

Rigo5.0
¯
Member # 5247

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rigo5.0  Ford pictures for Rigo5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 90gtvert:
quote:
Originally posted by AL STOCK:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by 91MSDFox:
Mike your just an asshole why cant you respect others opinions and keep all that bagging on the lower class people to yourself?
[BS flag]

If the cop follows you for three block..oh fucking well. I'm white, and I've been followed for mile through town when i was driving my FOCUS!.....must of been a black cop right? Cause no white cop would do that to a fellow white person.

WTF a black cop? Wow [Roll Eyes] I havent mentioned anything in regards to this being a racial issue. You're white too? BOO-HOO, im indian and the girl driving happened to be persian but we didnt even look at it like a racial thing, just a cop UP TO NO GOOD INSTIGATING SHIT when he has 100 other problems to worry about [Roll Eyes]

You were followed by a mile? YOu didnt do anything wrong right? Did it ever strike you in your mind "Why is he behind me for so long? I have nothing to hide..Doesnt he have other things to do?".

If had that thought did then there you go, and if you did not, then you probably had something to hide.

ALso to your response saying Oakland is full of gang bangers LOL! I been there so many times and NEVER EVER gotten hassled by any gang banger or a thug.. Its really how you carry yourself but when you have Cops acting like a gang members themselves then shit doesnt look right..

Unfortunately a few years back I was indeed mugged by some gang bangers from Oakland at the Collesium station. But they were Latino, not black.

Not fun time at all, so when I see the news stories I tend to believe it about all the crime since it did in fact happen to me.

Mike

I know I'm late on this but...

I also believe that this whole incident has nothing to do with race. Simply put this stupid cop made a really stupid mistake. I'm thinking maybe the victim was cursing and being threatening, and this cop lost his temper. Whatever the case, he needs to be prosecuted like every other citizen would have been.

I grew up in Oakland for a good part of my life and its rough for everyone. People in Oakland are really protesting the treatment by Oakland PD. As al Stock stated, its like the cops are their own gang in Oakland.
As for being jumped, mugged, or whatever in Oakland, its happened to me too. I'm Mexican and ive been jumped by Mexicans. Sometimes were just at the wrong place, at the wrong time.
Race is still an issue as I can recall a time when I was at the Hot August show in Danville two years ago. Cops were staring me down, fu**ing with me and asking questions b/c I was one of the very few latinos there. That and as my brother and I are leaving, a crowd of 8 white guys start talking shit and looking all crazy for no f'n reason. If it wasn't for a few cops being nearby they probably would have tried something. And in my head I'm like if I scuffle w/ them the cops are going to fuk me.

--------------------
91 5.0 [331|T56]
87 Grand National
02 Z06
08 Challenger SRT8
13 Shelby GT500
00 Lightning
14 Camaro SS

Posts: 1454 | From: Kansas City | Registered: Jan 2005  |  :
KINGROY
¯
Member # 7736

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for KINGROY  Ford pictures for KINGROY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
This thread has made some progress and CAFORDS has made some progress. It's a 7 page thread and it hasn't been moved to street racing. The opposes are running out of arguments and its just down to "race".
I think, both sides are right. I believe the cop didn't mean to shot this guy and I believe if he was white he still would be alive.
Question to ask yourself
If it was a white guy would the cop have pulled his gun out?
I've seen people have guns drawn on them by cops from street racing. quick story: I'm racing another guy in Oakland on Hegenber back in 2001 and a cop catches us at the light. pulls between both of us, 1 cop pulls a gun on the 5.0 I was racing and the other cop let me go. Then later caught me at the next light. Now the cop that pulled his gun out on the 5.0 could've accidentally shot the driver.
Case and point, the officer may not have intended on shooting Oscar Brown but he did intend on pulling his gun out. It's just tragic that it had to go off.

I'm not a racist and I don't believe in the race card, deuces are always wild in my deck and race will never be an excuses for any of my past, present or future misfortunes

--------------------
2003 Cobra Vert
2005 Prius

Posts: 1642 | From: Vallejo, CA | Registered: Jun 2007  |  :
90gtvert
¯
Member # 8697

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90gtvert  Ford pictures for 90gtvert    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by kingroy:
This thread has made some progress and CAFORDS has made some progress. It's a 7 page thread and it hasn't been moved to street racing. The opposes are running out of arguments and its just down to "race".
I think, both sides are right. I believe the cop didn't mean to shot this guy and I believe if he was white he still would be alive.
Question to ask yourself
I've seen people have guns drawn on them by cops from street racing. quick story: I'm racing another guy in Oakland on Hegenber back in 2001 and a cop catches us at the light. pulls between both of us, 1 cop pulls a gun on the 5.0 I was racing and the other cop let me go. Then later caught me at the next light. Now the cop that pulled his gun out on the 5.0 could've accidentally shot the driver.
Case and point, the officer may not have intended on shooting Oscar Brown but he did intend on pulling his gun out. It's just tragic that it had to go off.

I'm not a racist and I don't believe in the race card, deuces are always wild in my deck and race will never be an excuses for any of my past, present or future misfortunes

I will agree with most of what is said here, but once again I go back to personal experiences with cops.

I am white. I have had police pull a gun on me 3 times.

1. Cops thought I was running from them on my motorcycle (long story, I wasnt, but they didnt know that. Got off with a speeding ticket thanks to one of the officers who actually saw what happened).

2. Drunken fight when I was younger.

3. Felony stop, my car at the time matched the description of a bank robbery suspect at the Bank of America in Livermore

So from personal experience. Yes, if the kid was white I fully believe that the same thing would have happened.

Mike

[ January 08, 2009, 05:51 PM: Message edited by: 90gtvert ]

--------------------
90 GT Vert
93 GT

http://www.110octanephotography.com

fr5.0
¯
Member # 8652

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fr5.0  Ford pictures for fr5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
well well well n8 you finaly show your tru colors!!!! your way off

quote:
Originally posted by N8:
Keep in mind if it weren't for march's and even riots. Alot of things would be different for minorities. While I do condone a riot or violence. It seems to be the most effective way to get heard in the face of injustice. And it is no accident that just about every riot has a racial undertone. People just get sick and tired. And for some reason the system drags it's feet when a minority is the victim.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by N8:
[QB] Mike are you seriously gonna sit here and tell me that racial inequality doesn't exist today?

i am thats a f#$king cop out and you know it
[
[

quote:
Originally posted by SPIDER_STANG:
I agree that there are still racial injustices present in todays society. But wont I don't agree upon is that its the first thing everyone falls back on. They play the race card every chance they get. Thats the part that kills me.

common you cant be that blind. are you f#$king kidding me, jesse jackson is gunna be so far in this shit its dumb.
[
[
[

hey i got a great idea hang those honkies there white and i think they dont like us!!!!!!!!
wow your racist comments and thoughts are so far gone that you people(and no im not talking about black) dont even know right from wrong. n8 you should be ashamed of your self, trying to say "white people dont know what its like to be black", and then passing judment on the officer at hand to say "no one quits because they murderd some one" that comes from a guy thats never killed some one. with that said you are no longer credible to speak about racial injustices!!!!!!!!!
[
[
[

AL STOCK
are you kidding me the, cops are doing there job. theoretically speaking, what about the guys that where coming to do a drive by on your house last night. they where in a phantom and the cops tailgated them for no reason, and made a routine stop on them and found three mini 14s and saved your life all because they tail gated for no reason. you can give up the crooked ass cop shit cuz thats not politically correct, what you mean to say is crooked ass people. there every where not just cops and there not all crooked. for your statement about people being scared to go to hard as nails oakland, common man we both know it aint the hardest place in the state. im from LA and all these places seem the same to me. plus i been to oakland right on oak street where people got plywood for doors and ropes to tie them shut!!!!!!
[
[
[
the race shit goes both ways, people are going to be people dont justify it by saying cops. people get beat by cops, people get shot by cops, black, white, mexican, pershian, indian, russian, and what ever else. if you call this a race issue your a racist. racist people point fingers and pull cards, no one else!

[ January 08, 2009, 06:03 PM: Message edited by: fr5.0 ]

--------------------
MAGA
TRUMP TRAIN!!!!

Posts: 2913 | From: sacramento | Registered: Sep 2008  |  :
fr5.0
¯
Member # 8652

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fr5.0  Ford pictures for fr5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Question to ask yourself

I will agree with most of what is said here, but once again I go back to personal experiences with cops.

1. Cops thought I was running from them on my motorcycle (long story, I wasnt, but they didnt know that. Got off with a speeding ticket thanks to one of the officers who actually saw what happened).

3. Felony stop, my car at the time matched the description of a bank robbery suspect at the Bank of America in Livermore

So from personal experience. Yes, if the kid was white I fully believe that the same thing would have happened.

Mike

black or white he would still be dead. the fact is the cop was a rookie! i realy had some respect for n8's comment a few pages back about triger control, that seems very plausible especially to me a gun owner and lover. look, every one in that place was surprised including the shooter when that gun went off. i would have loved to see this thread be an intelligent one, but man we are way past that now!

--------------------
MAGA
TRUMP TRAIN!!!!

KINGROY
¯
Member # 7736

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for KINGROY  Ford pictures for KINGROY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by fr5.0:
quote:
quote:
Question to ask yourself

Mike

black or white he would still be dead. the fact is the cop was a rookie! i realy had some respect for n8's comment a few pages back about triger control, that seems very plausible especially to me a gun owner and lover. look, every one in that place was surprised including the shooter when that gun went off. i would have loved to see this thread be an intelligent one, but man we are way past that now!
CAFORDS can only put out an intelligent thread about cars. Everything else goes down hill from there.

I'm surprised the "N" bomb or the "C" bomb hasn't been dropped.

I'm surprised the people haven't been threaten to get their asses beat.

This is progress and this is a debate. One side against the other. To further progress this board, words like "stupid", "dumb", "ignorant" and name calling all should be left out. Then we're talking about real progress.

--------------------
2003 Cobra Vert
2005 Prius

AL STOCK
Its All Stock
Cuzzon
Member # 1852

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AL STOCK  Ford pictures for AL STOCK  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
AL STOCK
are you kidding me the, cops are doing there job. theoretically speaking, what about the guys that where coming to do a drive by on your house last night. they where in a phantom and the cops tailgated them for no reason, and made a routine stop on them and found three mini 14s and saved your life all because they tail gated for no reason. you can give up the crooked ass cop shit cuz thats not politically correct, what you mean to say is crooked ass people. there every where not just cops and there not all crooked. for your statement about people being scared to go to hard as nails oakland, common man we both know it aint the hardest place in the state. im from LA and all these places seem the same to me. plus i been to oakland right on oak street where people got plywood for doors and ropes to tie them shut!!!!!!

fr5.0,

You know and i know, if the cop was doing his job, then he couldve easily pulled me over at in the first 60 seconds of encounter. He didnt do that, he followed us around for about 180 seconds. What justifies that?

And no, i never said ALL COPS are crookied, thats just retarded.. I have friends that are in the academy and a cousin that just finished his polygraph testing on his way to San Mateo academy.

SOme cops are cool as hell, they love what they do, they do their jobs and go home to their families. Some crooked ass ones TAKE advantage of their power, they instigate shit for no reason. They do illegal shit all over.

As for Oakland not being hard, no im not saying its the toughest city in California. I lived in almost every city in the Bay and also lived alot of places in Sacramento.

Why is L.A ghetto or tough? If you look into history or as you say you lived in L.A, then you would know the governments history in L.A, how they HELPED promoted gang voilence, bloods and crips. How cops did dirty shit as picking up a Crip and beating his ass, covering his eyes and dropping him off to a blood hood.. Shit is real..

--------------------
.:: FANATICS ::.

93 Cobra Teal
93 Cobra V Red
90 SSP
SVT Raptor
Huracan Rosso Mars
E63s W213 Selenite Gray
C7Z M7 Daytona Sunrise

Posts: 6498 | From: San Bruno | Registered: Sep 2002  |  :
351mclaren
¯
Member # 2275

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 351mclaren  Ford pictures for 351mclaren    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I want to be as thoughtful and respectful and openminded as possible. I do not want to play the "race" card, I want to play the AMERICA card, the education card, the historical card. I am in my mid thirties and grew up in Oakland. Every city has its issues,the larger the city, the larger the issues. However, one must be honest about racial profiling, abuse of force and power, and disrespect for another person's human rights. We all have them. This incident was racially motivated from the treatment of the youngman, to the slurs that were uttered during the alteration. America has its way of looking the other way when police violence is inflicted on its minority citizens. We have police in New York shoving broom handles up people's rectums, shooting down unarmed men without criminal ties or backgrounds, LA police, Minnesota Police,Chicago Police, etc. Violence against urban males at the hands of the police is a HUGE problem. I have a cross section of degrees and have written extensively on race relations in America. If we are going to make any progress we need to stand up for each other when things go wrong. Not be overly neutral and discount the issues. If this incident were an isolated situation or a rare misfortune, I could understand. This situation is the norm, not the exception. I remember back in 1995 right after my twins were born. I was with my wife and our kids on the 205 headed to the Bay Area. I was in my 1985 Mustang GT,all stock, less the Mesh Enkies and the upgraded 1993 exhaust. I was pulled over by CHP. I wasn't speeding, no lights out, NOTHING. When pulled over, the officer asked for my license and insurance which I gave him. He then asked me to get out of the car a few moments later. He asked me to step back to his car, which I did. He asked me where I was going. Then he went and asked my wife where we were going. I WAS PISSED! I felt utterly disrespected. I asked him why he stopped me and he ignored me. It was as if he was trying to provoke me. I was not dressed like a thug, not sagging, nothing. However, I knew the drill. It's a sad day in our lovely country when one part of the population knows that they better not better say anything back or defend themselves as it could turn fatal for them. I wanted to let him have it so bad. I felt completely embarrassed in front of my wife. People riding by looking making all kinds of assumptions. That is not the first or the last time things of that nature have happened to me. I do not have a criminal record either. What made the incident super foul was that I had my 8 month old kids in the back of our car. Say what you will, but we have a problem in our society. As a group, we have to all be outraged and honest about the conditions in which we live in. That's just my two cents...

--------------------
nlc

Posts: 44 | From: Stockton, Ca | Registered: Jan 2003  |  :
¯
Member # 1904

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 51505.0  Ford pictures for 51505.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Still retards on here, what exactly do you think cops should do idiot. Obviously you dont like them driving down the street because when they follow you thats makes you upset. So tell me what exactly they should do all night? Should they just park at the corner and wait for the guy to come up to them and say, "Hey Mr.cop Im gonna go rob this store, do you want to wait outside and arrest me when Im done." Fucking retarded, I wouldn't give a shit if they followed me all the way home, if you are not doing anything, you have nothing to worry about.

The comment about Oakland and how its so sad that the residences have to worry about being harrassed by the police and dont have trust in them. If you really are from Oakland, then you know that place is so fucked up beyond repair its rediculous. All you have to do is drive from San leandro, take E-14 to the lake and if u think Oakland is not fucked up after that then U have problems, crack heads running around, shitting on the street its fucked up. You dont see anyone in my neighborhood walked around, O I forgot because they have joibs and are at work, WOW what a concept, HUH.

Basically this all boils down to individuals wanting to justify there actions, so they put it on the cops. This has gone away from the sad fact that there is someone dead, but the ignorant ass comments about how race and he just wanted to shoot a black guy comes in is retareded. I hope they fuck the city up to no repair. They should fuck Highland hospital up to since the tax paying citizens are paying a overage of $25 Million a month to keep that place open to help all the fucked up individuals who come in there, O I forgot the tax payers who work there asses off50-70 hours a week should pay for those people who dont give a shit.

It all boils down to the same shit I always say, My mother never complains about getting followed, harrassed, shot and beat-up by the cops, I wonder why. The ignorance will go on

AL STOCK
Its All Stock
Cuzzon
Member # 1852

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AL STOCK  Ford pictures for AL STOCK  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 51505.0:
Still retards on here, what exactly do you think cops should do idiot. Obviously you dont like them driving down the street because when they follow you thats makes you upset. So tell me what exactly they should do all night?

Lay off the name calling genious. Keep it civilized here.

And obvoiusly you just contradicted yourself by clearly stating that "what do you want cops do to all night".. I mean did you even think before you responded?

Think Think............ Ding ding ding! crack heads running around, shitting on the street its fucked up. You dont see anyone in my neighborhood walked around, O I forgot because they have joibs and are at work, WOW what a concept, HUH.

Thats what a COP THATS DOING NOTHING.. GETTING PAID FOR FOLLOWING people should be doing.

Getting those CRACKHEADS OFF THE DAMM STREETS. FIX OAKLAND MR LAW ENFORCEMENT! You are getting paid to "SERVE AND PROTECT" your community, do your DAMM JOB then! And geniuses wonder why Oakland is so messed up BEYOUND repair [Roll Eyes]

Retardation at its best [Roll Eyes]

--------------------

93 Cobra Teal
93 Cobra V Red
90 SSP
SVT Raptor
Huracan Rosso Mars
E63s W213 Selenite Gray
C7Z M7 Daytona Sunrise

fr5.0
¯
Member # 8652

quote:
You know and i know, if the cop was doing his job, then he couldve easily pulled me over at in the first 60 seconds of encounter. He didnt do that, he followed us around for about 180 seconds. What justifies that?

nothig, but lets just say you where in a low income neighbor hood in a beemer. i meen im from the hood and when see i that i know that a. someone is buying something or b. its a boss you dont think the cops know that to?

quote:
Some crooked ass ones TAKE advantage of their power, they instigate shit for no reason. They do illegal shit all over.
all crooked people are going to take as much advantage as they can, like i said not just cops.

quote:
Why is L.A ghetto or tough? If you look into history or as you say you lived in L.A, then you would know the governments history in L.A, how they HELPED promoted gang voilence, bloods and crips. How cops did dirty shit as picking up a Crip and beating his ass, covering his eyes and dropping him off to a blood hood.. Shit is real..
i never said it was the ghetto people know it ass that tho, shelterd people. and you knowing those facts know what i ment about how all these places are the same to me. so intern that was a good analogy on my part. what im saying is i been messed with cops from all different places and you get what you give. you might not want to believe it but cops are not just regular people, as much as i hate to say that. they are hired and given super powers to enforce laws, and even me understanding this shit complain about the littlest shit like a dam cell phone ticket. but its the law and every time i pick up my cell phone im looking in the mirror cause im aware. but thats what they do, tell me what would it be like with out them, think back to the storie of the guys in the phantom. we need them and theres never going to be a way around shady people, thats just human nature.

--------------------
MAGA
TRUMP TRAIN!!!!

KINGROY
¯
Member # 7736

quote:
quote:

nothig, but lets just say you where in a low income neighbor hood in a beemer. i meen im from the hood and when see i that i know that a. someone is buying something or b. its a boss you dont think the cops know that to?

I can't believe you just wrote that. Do you actually think that way. You're just made his point. You need a book and the history channel.

--------------------
2003 Cobra Vert
2005 Prius

351mclaren
¯
Member # 2275

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 351mclaren  Ford pictures for 351mclaren    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Interesting remarks to say the least. I never complained about police following me (although it is pretty irritating), so maybe your remarks are addressing someone else. I spoke about being pulled over without cause,which is called racial profiling, and being embarrassed in front of my wife. If my vehicle would not have had registration, or I had some other visible violation, pull me over, that is your job. But not just because you feel like it and you have the power to do it. As far as what cops should do in their down time, I think they should prevent crime and respond to 911 calls, not sit in urban locales and intimidate uneducated residents. Not being the most educated person, or a low income person, should not translate into someone being disrespected or mistreated. Oakland does has its share of issues, but that still does not give police the right to kill and or beat whomever they choose. Like i said in my first post, I am keeping my comments respectful. If anyone wants to discuss the issues, it's all good. I can be persuaded with good reasoning and facts. Emotions, negative one's at that, truly show the depth of one's mind and character....especially if they are not being personally attacked. There are a few issues wrapped up in this issue. Police brutality / accountability and racism. If we were to look at the numbers nationally, would we see an even number of all ethnic groups being victims, or would some groups be getting targeted more than others???? what about the deaf boy in the gas station in Los Angeles earlier this year? The police jumped out on him and was beating his head on the hood of a car because he wasn't responding....also caught on tape....come with facts....not non sense....

--------------------
nlc

AL STOCK
Its All Stock
Cuzzon
Member # 1852

quote:

Isn't that considered profiling? Just because i have a BMW in a low income neighbourhood doesn't give a cop ANY right to follow me around. We live in U.S.A, the land of freedom... Wheres my freedom?

all crooked people are going to take as much advantage as they can, like i said not just cops.

Agreed [patriot]

we need them and theres never going to be a way around shady people, thats just human nature.

We definetly need them, but we don't need the crooked ones right or the ones that don't know how to do their job, thats where we come back to this thread, how the shooting happened.

Thats why Oakland is protesting, they want justice, they want answers, so all in all, my conclusion is that the government should now open up their eyes and see what happens when they have rookie cops, crooked cops, untrained cops etc etc, they need to bump up their standards and get the qualified ones to do the job right.

--------------------

93 Cobra Teal
93 Cobra V Red
90 SSP
SVT Raptor
Huracan Rosso Mars
E63s W213 Selenite Gray
C7Z M7 Daytona Sunrise

fr5.0
¯
Member # 8652

I want to be as thoughtful and respectful and openminded as possible. I do not want to play the "race" card, I want to play the AMERICA card, the education card, the historical card. I am in my mid thirties and grew up in Oakland. Every city has its issues,the larger the city, the larger the issues. However, one must be honest about racial profiling, abuse of force and power, and disrespect for another person's human rights. We all have them. This incident was racially motivated from the treatment of the youngman, to the slurs that were uttered during the alteration. America has its way of looking the other way when police violence is inflicted on its minority citizens. We have police in New York shoving broom handles up people's rectums, shooting down unarmed men without criminal ties or backgrounds, LA police, Minnesota Police,Chicago Police, etc. Violence against urban males at the hands of the police is a HUGE problem. I have a cross section of degrees and have written extensively on race relations in America. If we are going to make any progress we need to stand up for each other when things go wrong. Not be overly neutral and discount the issues. If this incident were an isolated situation or a rare misfortune, I could understand. This situation is the norm, not the exception. I remember back in 1995 right after my twins were born. I was with my wife and our kids on the 205 headed to the Bay Area. I was in my 1985 Mustang GT,all stock, less the Mesh Enkies and the upgraded 1993 exhaust. I was pulled over by CHP. I wasn't speeding, no lights out, NOTHING. When pulled over, the officer asked for my license and insurance which I gave him. He then asked me to get out of the car a few moments later. He asked me to step back to his car, which I did. He asked me where I was going. Then he went and asked my wife where we were going. I WAS PISSED! I felt utterly disrespected. I asked him why he stopped me and he ignored me. It was as if he was trying to provoke me. I was not dressed like a thug, not sagging, nothing. However, I knew the drill. It's a sad day in our lovely country when one part of the population knows that they better not better say anything back or defend themselves as it could turn fatal for them. I wanted to let him have it so bad. I felt completely embarrassed in front of my wife. People riding by looking making all kinds of assumptions. That is not the first or the last time things of that nature have happened to me. I do not have a criminal record either. What made the incident super foul was that I had my 8 month old kids in the back of our car. Say what you will, but we have a problem in our society. As a group, we have to all be outraged and honest about the conditions in which we live in. That's just my two cents...
[
[
[
[
ok so i have highlighted some parts of your story, actualy those are the only ones that realy stuck out to me. 1. i am honest about it. its dead, america is so divers now that everyone is interacial now a days
2.what slurs are you talking about, because i didnt hear any from the cops did anyone else??????????????????????????????????
3.this same situatin to the t has happened to about 100 people that i know personaly, go figure how many in history!!!!!
4.that what starts thr racial profiling thig people are insicure, people werent making assumptions about you they where just looking its human nature
5.i dont have one eather i still get f#$ked with
6.are you saying only good law abiding citizens can have babys????????????

[ January 08, 2009, 07:23 PM: Message edited by: fr5.0 ]

--------------------
MAGA
TRUMP TRAIN!!!!

AL STOCK
Its All Stock
Cuzzon
Member # 1852

quote:
Originally posted by 351mclaren:
As far as what cops should do in their down time, I think they should prevent crime and respond to 911 calls, not sit in urban locales and intimidate uneducated residents.

Amen, the geniuses here wants bored cops in OAKLAND to roam around the streets looking for people to follow.

Just to clarify, im not complaining about them following me at all, i just stated how it can irritate someone... I just posted it as an experience to backup the injustice happening in Oakland.

--------------------

93 Cobra Teal
93 Cobra V Red
90 SSP
SVT Raptor
Huracan Rosso Mars
E63s W213 Selenite Gray
C7Z M7 Daytona Sunrise

SPIDER_STANG
¯
Member # 8658

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for SPIDER_STANG  Ford pictures for SPIDER_STANG    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Interesting!! Their is no way that we all could agree on here with so many diffrent people from diffrent back grounds on here but this thread has been a step up from past ones like the Obama vs McCain thread we saw!! We all have diffrent views on this situation depending on our life circumstances!! I hope we all can agree to dis agree but at least respect the other persons views because we dont know why they see it in the light they do!! So I know for a fact this will not be the last thread that gets 8 pages or more responses!! But they always have race thrown in them!! WoW!! But please stop the name calling because that tanks any thread that gets this many people to state their opinion!! Everyone have a good day & Lets keep an open mind!!

--------------------
02 GT Conv Sold
92 LX coup Sold
94 Gt Conv
Spurs, Saints, Dodgers! We win baby!!

351mclaren
¯
Member # 2275

Life without police would be pretty interesting. However, I do not feel that safe with them. I use my right to bear arms, so I can protect my own family. And you are also right about police being regular people, and that is why they should not be conducting themselves as personal judges and abusing their authority, and losing the public's trust. if they did a better job and had better relationships with people within the community, trust would increase and their would be less crime.

--------------------
nlc

fr5.0
¯
Member # 8652

quote:
quote:
quote:

I can't believe you just wrote that. Do you actually think that way. You're just made his point. You need a book and the history channel.
for what cuz you buy drugs from mine or his neighborhood in your beemer

--------------------
MAGA
TRUMP TRAIN!!!!

fr5.0
¯
Member # 8652

quote:
[QUOTE]Thats why Oakland is protesting, they want justice, they want answers, so all in all, my conclusion is that the government should now open up their eyes and see what happens when they have rookie cops, crooked cops, untrained cops etc etc, they need to bump up their standards and get the qualified ones to do the job right.

ok now thats educated but a riot common get real

--------------------
MAGA
TRUMP TRAIN!!!!

KINGROY
¯
Member # 7736

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

for what cuz you buy drugs from mine or his neighborhood in your beemer
lol.

Who is this joker?

--------------------
2003 Cobra Vert
2005 Prius

fr5.0
¯
Member # 8652

quote:
Originally posted by 351mclaren:
Interesting remarks to say the least. I never complained about police following me (although it is pretty irritating), so maybe your remarks are addressing someone else. I spoke about being pulled over without cause,which is called racial profiling, and being embarrassed in front of my wife. If my vehicle would not have had registration, or I had some other visible violation, pull me over, that is your job. But not just because you feel like it and you have the power to do it

so wait, this same thing has happened to me numerous times by white cops, do that mean they dont like white people or is it just racial profileing when its done to a black person. see my point

--------------------
MAGA
TRUMP TRAIN!!!!

Page: 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com