Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Bart Police Shooting (Page 6)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  ...  12  13  14   
Author Topic: Bart Police Shooting
rgtrahn
¯
Member # 7133

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for rgtrahn  Ford pictures for rgtrahn    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by AL STOCK:

I understand your point, BUT it doesn't make sense at all to draw ANY weapon in the first place, he pulled his weapon out either way.. Even if it was a taser.. He was going to DISCHARGE IT..

I agree, I do not understand why he pulled his firearm. I have seen the same video you saw and it is clear lethal force was not appropriate. However, we were not there. It may have been appropraite to use his taser. Only that officer knows what was going through his head that moment.

[ January 07, 2009, 04:58 PM: Message edited by: rgtrahn ]

AL STOCK
Its All Stock
Cuzzon
Member # 1852

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AL STOCK  Ford pictures for AL STOCK  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by rgtrahn:
quote:
Originally posted by AL STOCK:

I understand your point, BUT it doesn't make sense at all to draw ANY weapon in the first place, he pulled his weapon out either way.. Even if it was a taser.. He was going to DISCHARGE IT..

I agree, I do not understand it either and I have seen the same video you saw. However, we were not there. Only that officer knows what was going through his head that moment.
[patriot]

--------------------
.:: FANATICS ::.

93 Cobra Teal
93 Cobra V Red
90 SSP
SVT Raptor
Huracan Rosso Mars
E63s W213 Selenite Gray
C7Z M7 Daytona Sunrise

Posts: 6498 | From: San Bruno | Registered: Sep 2002  |  :
svfreerider87
¯
Member # 5748

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for svfreerider87  Ford pictures for svfreerider87  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
anyone see this leading to a situation like the LA riots?

--------------------
Dreamspeed Motorsports

Posts: 1685 | From: Sunnyvale | Registered: Jun 2005  |  :
KINGROY
¯
Member # 7736

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for KINGROY  Ford pictures for KINGROY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by svfreerider87:

The bay rioted when the Raiders lost the super bowl. They just need a reason and they'll do it again.

--------------------
2003 Cobra Vert
2005 Prius

Posts: 1642 | From: Vallejo, CA | Registered: Jun 2007  |  :
90gtvert
¯
Member # 8697

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90gtvert  Ford pictures for 90gtvert    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

Only if we have a bunch of dumbass gang bangers who have nothing better to do then stir up violence and promote ignorance.

Oh wait..were talking about Oakland right?

Mike

--------------------
90 GT Vert
93 GT

http://www.110octanephotography.com

svfreerider87
¯
Member # 5748

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for svfreerider87  Ford pictures for svfreerider87  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 90gtvert:
quote:

Only if we have a bunch of dumbass gang bangers who have nothing better to do then stir up violence and promote ignorance.

Mike

I just see one wrong statement by the PD and this shitstorm turns into an even bigger one.

--------------------
Dreamspeed Motorsports

90gtvert
¯
Member # 8697

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90gtvert  Ford pictures for 90gtvert    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:

Mike

I just see one wrong statement by the PD and this shitstorm turns into an even bigger one.
I fully agree. If the guy is acquitted(witch I would be fucking pissed at) or gets charged with anything less then murder (witch he will. He will be charged with Involuntary Manslaughters, at least as far as I can tell, due to an accidental shooting) then a bunch of idiots are gonna scream racisms and riot. And in turn that makes them look even more like dumb ignorant idiots.

Mike

--------------------
90 GT Vert
93 GT

http://www.110octanephotography.com

94 N.C.F GT
TEAM PLATINUM
Member # 8722

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 94 N.C.F GT  Ford pictures for 94 N.C.F GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 86- 50:
The faminly of the guy who got shot just filed a 25 million dollar lawsuit against bart, and i wouldn't be surprised if they get it.

there going to get it. what a dumb ass cop he just had a daughter 2. whats his daughter going to think when she grows up. i thaught it was a taser baby not a gun yeah rite

--------------------
TEAM PLATINUM
87LX:(D D) ORANGE coupe
94GT:(427) Its a BEAST on the streets but in the garage it stays ASLEEP. N/A

Posts: 1313 | From: RICHMOND/sanpablo | Registered: Oct 2008  |  :
9cobrasnake9
CAFords OG
Member # 575

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9cobrasnake9  Ford pictures for 9cobrasnake9  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I think if that guy was cooperating like everyone said, he would have already been in the cuffs. Normally when someone who cooperates gets arrested, it only takes one officer to cuff the perp. There is still no reason to pull a gun. Taser maybe, but lethal force was not warranted and the gun was the wrong device to bring out. Even though the cop was somewhat of a rookie, thats a pretty big mistake to make. Should the cop pay for what he did...Absolutely. Is it a crime driven by race-You are a pretty ignorant person if you believe so.

--------------------
96 Mystic Cobra
2011 F150 Raptor

N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

Mike

-editted- I feel like J-dub now. Sometimes it is just preaching to the choir trying to talk to people

[ January 07, 2009, 11:11 PM: Message edited by: N8 ]

5.t0es
¯
Member # 5864

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5.t0es  Ford pictures for 5.t0es    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:
Originally posted by fr5.0:
quote:
Originally posted by 86- 50:
if the man was white he would be alive.

oooohhhhh my f#$king gawd you are a f#$king retard!!!!!!!!!!
Only 2 white men I can think of would be alive after that. Superman and wolverine.
first post in caford history to make me ltfol(laugh the fu@# out loud) n8.
Mr.Lucky
CAFords OG
Member # 1772

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr.Lucky  Ford pictures for Mr.Lucky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
http://www.ktvu.com/news/18434205/detail.html

riots already starting [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
95GT: Bolt ons.
Good sellers/buyers: Stangs R Us, 1SicGt, sn4bwc, racsirx, WickedStang, Autumnstang97, cali95gt

svfreerider87
¯
Member # 5748

quote:
Originally posted by bottled95GT??:
http://www.ktvu.com/news/18434205/detail.html

riots already starting [Roll Eyes]

I knew it. I wonder if it will get any worse.

--------------------
Dreamspeed Motorsports

BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BIGBALLFACTOR  Ford pictures for BIGBALLFACTOR    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i have to that dumbass girl is going to get fuck with hard by the police for give that tape to the media
Mr.Lucky
CAFords OG
Member # 1772

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr.Lucky  Ford pictures for Mr.Lucky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by fasthatch:
i have to that dumbass girl is going to get fuck with hard by the police for give that tape to the media

u left out words but what i understood was
"i have to admit that dumbass girl is going to get fucked with by police for giving that tape to the media"

[patriot] just what i understood [Big Grin]

--------------------
95GT: Bolt ons.
Good sellers/buyers: Stangs R Us, 1SicGt, sn4bwc, racsirx, WickedStang, Autumnstang97, cali95gt

BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BIGBALLFACTOR  Ford pictures for BIGBALLFACTOR    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
you got an if very body else can misspell worng words an slang why can't i use trailerbonics
liftedF150
¯
Member # 868

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for liftedF150  Ford pictures for liftedF150    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i love cafords its one of the view places dumb people and smart people can communicate to each other [patriot]

[ January 08, 2009, 12:18 AM: Message edited by: liftedF150 ]

--------------------
GO SHARKS!

Posts: 3259 | From: Discovery Bay | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :
rgtrahn
¯
Member # 7133

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for rgtrahn  Ford pictures for rgtrahn    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by liftedF150:
i love cafords its one of the view places dumb people and smart people can communicate to each other [patriot]

haha, did you mean few?
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

LOL i agree, i read some of these posts and i just shake my head.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

DLo
¯
Member # 6133

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DLo  Ford pictures for DLo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
We need some translators aboard. Sometimes I really have to strain just to read some of the posts.

--------------------
94 GT

Posts: 1876 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Oct 2005  |  :
94gt
¯
Member # 3060

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 94gt  Ford pictures for 94gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by 94gt:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by 94gt:
when a bullet entered his back and ricocheted to his lung area, killing him almost instantly.

wtf i saw the vid and after he was shot they turned him on his side and he was awake and talking how was it instantly?
Nice edit job. I'd appreciate it a lot if you'd fix it for me. [Smile] I didn't say that at all, it was a quote from the article contained in the link.

I don't want to be accused of anything other than trying to straighten out mis-interpreted information, ignorance, inability to read and those who jump to conclusions based upon little to no credible information. [patriot]

fix what, you posted it! [Roll Eyes] quote or not, we all saw the vid including you!!! you still posted it with no "ya right" following it or anything.
You quoted a small PART of what I posted.
I posted a QUOTE from a story.
The way in which you quoted it can be mistakenly taken that I said or endorsed those words. That's why I would like for you to change it to include the rest of my post.

I put that there because people were saying that Fox said it... like it's gospel. The victims' family lawyer said that.

Again, I was trying to correct people on their inability to READ and UNDERSTAND.

I was NOT making a personal statement, endorsing it in either way. That's why I didn't put anything after what I quoted. Some sort of thought process would have done wonders for you there.
Think about it.. Perhaps I didn't want to comment on it either way... because, I have been on this board for awhile and know how things can spiral way out of control. I don't want to be accused of anything thing beyond correcting the misinterpreted info.

Get my point now?

--------------------
2020 Explorer ST
2011 Silver Raptor 'Screw

Posts: 5777 | From: Beavercreek, OH | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
94gt
¯
Member # 3060

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 94gt  Ford pictures for 94gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 532Fastback:
quote:

LOL i agree, i read some of these posts and i just shake my head.
quote:
Originally posted by DLo:
We need some translators aboard. Sometimes I really have to strain just to read some of the posts.

Hate to say it guys...It's not just here. Sadly, I doubt that anyone has invented such a translator. [Frown] That man/woman would be rich beyond dreams.

[ January 08, 2009, 04:26 AM: Message edited by: 94gt ]

--------------------
2020 Explorer ST
2011 Silver Raptor 'Screw

Posts: 5777 | From: Beavercreek, OH | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
HaulinAss Motorsports
Its a STREETRaceCar!
Member # 541

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for HaulinAss Motorsports  Ford pictures for HaulinAss Motorsports    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by STEED:
quote:
if you look at their tool belts the taser is located right next to their firearms and in the heat of battle he grabbed the wrong weapon.

you sir have no brain.
You tell me how many reports have there been where an officer has mistakenly grabbed his "taser" instead of his "gun"?

I'm not going to say race had anything to do with it. But this was no accident, and it's very clear in the video.
Pretending to think you saw otherwise is what is making this post become more "stupid".
It's very clear what happened.
Realize it
Understand it
And for fuck's sake, quit trying to twist it around and blame the victim.

His gun and his taser are right next to each other ]
Actually do some research his taser was on his left side, the OPPOSITE side from his gun.
Posts: 22469 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :
AL STOCK
Its All Stock
Cuzzon
Member # 1852

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AL STOCK  Ford pictures for AL STOCK  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Looks like Mr officer resigned and skipped the interview [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes] No wonder protests are forming.

--------------------
.:: FANATICS ::.

93 Cobra Teal
93 Cobra V Red
90 SSP
SVT Raptor
Huracan Rosso Mars
E63s W213 Selenite Gray
C7Z M7 Daytona Sunrise

Posts: 6498 | From: San Bruno | Registered: Sep 2002  |  :
KINGROY
¯
Member # 7736

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for KINGROY  Ford pictures for KINGROY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The, "I thought it was my taser" defense is out the window.

1) His taser was on the opposite side of his gun.

2) His taser is yellow.

He should have went with, "I thought he had a weapon" defense. He probably would have been better off.

--------------------
2003 Cobra Vert
2005 Prius

Posts: 1642 | From: Vallejo, CA | Registered: Jun 2007  |  :

Page: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  ...  12  13  14   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com