Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Bart Police Shooting (Page 5)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...  12  13  14   
Author Topic: Bart Police Shooting
90gtvert
¯
Member # 8697

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90gtvert  Ford pictures for 90gtvert    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 86- 50:
quote:
Originally posted by 532Fastback:
quote:
Originally posted by STEED:
quote:
Originally posted by liftedF150:
if you look at their tool belts the taser is located right next to their firearms and in the heat of battle he grabbed the wrong weapon.

you sir have no brain.
You tell me how many reports have there been where an officer has mistakenly grabbed his "taser" instead of his "gun"?

I'm not going to say race had anything to do with it. But this was no accident, and it's very clear in the video.
Pretending to think you saw otherwise is what is making this post become more "stupid".
It's very clear what happened.
Realize it
Understand it
And for fuck's sake, quit trying to twist it around and blame the victim.

Something i learned from a police officer when dealing with people in the woods. I'll try to explain this as best i can without the video he showed us.
When your coming up to someone you don't know your stressed out because you don't know whats going to happen, your stress goes up when the person is hostile to you, if the person then threatens your life your stress level goes higher. There is a stress level where your brain functions actually stop working.
The video he showed us was an officer pulling over a man in a pick up. Right when the pick up came to a stop the driver jumped out yelling. It esculated to the point where the driver told the officer i am going to kill you. The officer drawed his weapon and pointed it at the suspect, the suspect then proceeded to pull an AR15 out of the back seat of his pick up while the officer was point a gun at him. The suspect was even able to unzip the gun bag the gun was in infront of the officer. All the officer said the ENTIRE video was "Sir, please stop" When the suspect starts shooting you hear the officer screaming please stop please stop. The officer never shot a round off and was shot and killed by the suspect. The officer was so stressed out by the situation he couldn't function on his training.
So it is possible this cop grabbed the wrong gun not knowing which gun it was because he was close to that panic mode but like i said earlier no one will ever REALLY know what was happening but the officer himself.

Yea, but how was he that stressed, I have a friend who is a cop and said in the acadamy and training they basically put you in every situation your going to be in, A black man laying on the floor, a you have at least 3 cops there with you, already searched the man so no weapons, and you decide to shoot him. I'm white and i'm pulling out he race card, Cause a lot of you on here believe the race card don't exist no more and thats more stupid than any stupid thing in this post, if the man was white he would be alive.
You sir, have officially earned the dumbest thing said on the board for today...and its only 10am...good game.

Mike

--------------------
90 GT Vert
93 GT

http://www.110octanephotography.com

turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for turbo50  Ford pictures for turbo50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
last i checked i thought you had to cock a gun back before you fired it, I don't knoe if police already have there's ready to fire, but if not he had to get it ready to fire and then shoot, so i would think he knew what he was doing.

Not all guns need to be cocked before being fired, Police keep a round chambered and most guns like my Beretta 92FS, if there is a round in the chamber i can fire as soon as i take the safety off. i forgot what the name of this is though.
"dual action" like my 45 cal smith and wesson 457.

--------------------
.........when was the last time YOU built something with YOUR own hands?

I offer quality sidework at reasonable prices. PM ME

Posts: 7606 | From: Discovery Bay, California | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:
Originally posted by rgtrahn:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by STEED:
quote:
Originally posted by liftedF150:
if you look at their tool belts the taser is located right next to their firearms and in the heat of battle he grabbed the wrong weapon.

you sir have no brain.
You tell me how many reports have there been where an officer has mistakenly grabbed his "taser" instead of his "gun"?

I'm not going to say race had anything to do with it. But this was no accident, and it's very clear in the video.
Pretending to think you saw otherwise is what is making this post become more "stupid".
It's very clear what happened.
Realize it
Understand it
And for fuck's sake, quit trying to twist it around and blame the victim.

Something i learned from a police officer when dealing with people in the woods. I'll try to explain this as best i can without the video he showed us.
When your coming up to someone you don't know your stressed out because you don't know whats going to happen, your stress goes up when the person is hostile to you, if the person then threatens your life your stress level goes higher. There is a stress level where your brain functions actually stop working.
The video he showed us was an officer pulling over a man in a pick up. Right when the pick up came to a stop the driver jumped out yelling. It esculated to the point where the driver told the officer i am going to kill you. The officer drawed his weapon and pointed it at the suspect, the suspect then proceeded to pull an AR15 out of the back seat of his pick up while the officer was point a gun at him. The suspect was even able to unzip the gun bag the gun was in infront of the officer. All the officer said the ENTIRE video was "Sir, please stop" When the suspect starts shooting you hear the officer screaming please stop please stop. The officer never shot a round off and was shot and killed by the suspect. The officer was so stressed out by the situation he couldn't function on his training.
So it is possible this cop grabbed the wrong gun not knowing which gun it was because he was close to that panic mode but like i said earlier no one will ever REALLY know what was happening but the officer himself.

I believe you are talking about Deputy Dinkheller. This is a link to the video

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=637_1173997492

Not to derail the topic, but that video sent a chill down my spine. That is some serious shit. I wish I could un-see that. Not sure how this applies to the current topic but....DAMN
yeah creepy video huh. i am just trying to show people that being in stressful situations can make people make mistakes, so that people don't rule out him pulling his handgun and not the taser by accident.
I don't think race has anything to do with this incident, racially motivated occurances usually happen when there is no one watching or when there is like minded people around and no one else.
I don't think the officer pulled his gun and shot the guy because he was black, not with 100 of people watching, on video, etc. racists want to get away with what they did and not go to jail for the rest of their lives.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

svfreerider87
¯
Member # 5748

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for svfreerider87  Ford pictures for svfreerider87  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Did they even release the name of the officer yet? How can people assume what race he is when he hasn't even been identified, he could've been mexican, asian, a number of races.

--------------------
Dreamspeed Motorsports

Posts: 1685 | From: Sunnyvale | Registered: Jun 2005  |  :
Pcharged46
¯
Member # 1664

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pcharged46  Ford pictures for Pcharged46    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I cant believe I am even entertaining this but.....You play how you train..... INDEX INDEX INDEX...I know only few on this site will know what I'm talking about. LOL [Big Grin]

--------------------
04 Gt, Procharger,ported bullitt intake, vt cams, patriot heads mahle pistons, manly rods... etc.etc.

Pcharged46
¯
Member # 1664

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pcharged46  Ford pictures for Pcharged46    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:
Originally posted by Jdub07:
...there sure are some really dumb motherfuckers on this site....it's like trying to teach a retard Not to smile.

True and funny as hell. That made my day.
Made mine too! Fuckin Classic!

--------------------
04 Gt, Procharger,ported bullitt intake, vt cams, patriot heads mahle pistons, manly rods... etc.etc.

90gtvert
¯
Member # 8697

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90gtvert  Ford pictures for 90gtvert    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by svfreerider87:
Did they even release the name of the officer yet? How can people assume what race he is when he hasn't even been identified, he could've been mexican, asian, a number of races.

All the fact are in this thread.

Acording to the thread he is:

1. Member of the Aryan brotherhood.
2. Just took his KKK hat off right before the shooting.
3. Woke up and knew it was the day he wanted to shoot a black person.
4. Executed a black guy who was about to be a doctor.
5. And evidently this is the same guy who killed Martin Luther king.

I love CA fords.

Mike

--------------------
90 GT Vert
93 GT

DLo
¯
Member # 6133

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DLo  Ford pictures for DLo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Pcharged46:
I cant believe I am even entertaining this but.....You play how you train..... INDEX INDEX INDEX...I know only few on this site will know what I'm talking about. LOL [Big Grin]

Bad trigger discipline? I was going to suggest this as well, but a lot of people already have it in their minds that the shooting was intentional.

--------------------
94 GT

Posts: 1876 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Oct 2005  |  :
Pcharged46
¯
Member # 1664

quote:
Originally posted by DLo:
quote:

Bad trigger discipline? I was going to suggest this as well, but a lot of people already have it in their minds that the shooting was intentional.
Yeah I hear ya but I'm leaning more towards "finger in the trigger guard" followed by the " oh SHIT" factor then well you know... bad things happen.

--------------------

N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

I believe this as well. I am not feeling the "I grabbed the wrong weapon" defense. That is [BS flag]
svfreerider87
¯
Member # 5748

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for svfreerider87  Ford pictures for svfreerider87  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:
quote:

I believe this as well. I am not feeling the "I grabbed the wrong weapon" defense. That is [BS flag]
I agree that defense is bs, no cop is gonna grab the wrong weapon, at least not mistake the pistol for anything else, the pistol is the cop's lifeline and I garuntee there is no mistaking the placement of your lifeline.

--------------------
Dreamspeed Motorsports

Posts: 1685 | From: Sunnyvale | Registered: Jun 2005  |  :
fr5.0
¯
Member # 8652

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fr5.0  Ford pictures for fr5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
if the man was white he would be alive.

oooohhhhh my f#$king gawd you are a f#$king retard!!!!!!!!!!

--------------------
MAGA
TRUMP TRAIN!!!!

Posts: 2913 | From: sacramento | Registered: Sep 2008  |  :
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by fr5.0:
quote:

Only 2 white men I can think of would be alive after that. Superman and wolverine.
SPIDER_STANG
¯
Member # 8658

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SPIDER_STANG  Ford pictures for SPIDER_STANG    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I Feel it was intentional because the gun weighs alot more than the taser & he put 2 hands on it 2 fire the gun so he knew what was in his hands. & I dont feel he woke up that day to kill a black kid but once he was in the position I think he just had a crazy mind relapse. The officers are trained to only pull their weapon out if they feel their life is in danger!! & with all of that back up his life was not in danger. So that puts it back on to the theory that he did this on purpose. I wish the Victims family Justice. The cop has to get Murder no matter what. If he dosent this world & CA Fords will be divided just a little bit more LoL!! Because this site is already Divided with the whole Obama vs McCain stuff!! Cant we all just get along!! This sight is something else!! Now watch some brainless dude miss interpret what I was saying!! & comment about it!! LoL

[ January 08, 2009, 03:10 PM: Message edited by: SPIDER_STANG ]

--------------------
02 GT Conv Sold
92 LX coup Sold
94 Gt Conv
Spurs, Saints, Dodgers! We win baby!!

fr5.0
¯
Member # 8652

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fr5.0  Ford pictures for fr5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:
quote:

Only 2 white men I can think of would be alive after that. Superman and wolverine.
lol hahahahahaha tru tru

--------------------
MAGA
TRUMP TRAIN!!!!

fr5.0
¯
Member # 8652

quote:
Originally posted by SPIDER_STANG:
I dont feel he woke up that day to kill a black kid but once he was in the position I'm not sure it didn't run threw his mind.

wow ya help the gap get bigger your dumb for that comment id call that reverse racism if i ever heard it [Eek!]

--------------------
MAGA
TRUMP TRAIN!!!!

90gtvert
¯
Member # 8697

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by SPIDER_STANG:
I dont feel he woke up that day to kill a black kid but once he was in the position I'm not sure it didn't run threw his mind.

wow ya help the gap get bigger your dumb for that comment id call that reverse racism if i ever heard it [Eek!]
It's official fr5.0.

CA Ford's is home to some of the dumbest motherfukkers on the planet. Where is darwinism when you need it.

We just get to live with it and shake our heads at some of the comments.

Mike

[ January 07, 2009, 03:53 PM: Message edited by: 90gtvert ]

--------------------
90 GT Vert
93 GT

AL STOCK
Its All Stock
Cuzzon
Member # 1852

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AL STOCK  Ford pictures for AL STOCK  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

Officer name : Johannes Mehserle
Address : XXXXX Belvedere Ct. Napa, CA 94559

You can google search his last name and see some death threats were already headed his way.

RIP Grant

--------------------
.:: FANATICS ::.

93 Cobra Teal
93 Cobra V Red
90 SSP
SVT Raptor
Huracan Rosso Mars
E63s W213 Selenite Gray
C7Z M7 Daytona Sunrise

Posts: 6498 | From: San Bruno | Registered: Sep 2002  |  :
rgtrahn
¯
Member # 7133

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for rgtrahn  Ford pictures for rgtrahn    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

It also looked like he could have had a sympathetic reflex, going back to training and the, " INDEX INDEX INDEX".

This was in no way race motivated and completely a tragic accident. I do not believe an officer is going to risk his freedom and liberty or his families financial freedom to shoot somebody because of their race. Unfortunately, accidental discharges and deaths do happen. Case in point

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Ez34Kg86AU

Even more, no officer is going to INTENTIONALY discharge their firearm with their partners in that close of proximity, especially, without any warning. You can see how surprised everyone is in the video and how they react.

I would also like to mention since there is a misconception about handcuffs. Handcuffs do not mean the situation has ended or use of force cannot be applied. Handcuffs are ONLY A DEGREE OF CONTROL. People can still be a very real danger and violently resist while handcuff injuring both suspect and officer.

Bottom line, we were not there. All we have seen is a fuzzy camera phone video and biased media reports. We do not know what was really going on in the heads of the officers or the group of people being detained. When the investigation is complete I am sure we will know what happened. One thing I am sure we can agree on is that tragically a man lost his life and will no longer be with us.

N8
¯
Member # 6048

The video footage from multiple angle is quite conclusive. And really leave not much grey area. I am sure we all understand that the ordeal is never completely over until the situation is completely dissolved or someone is in jail. But rgTran, are you really insinuating that you can justify and see how this is a just reaction? I am assuming you are in some sort of law enforcement. If you can justify this shooting you may be in the wrong line of work. I know about the bond that cops have have. But come one, wrong is wrong. Again maybe I am mis-reading your comment but you almost sound more sympathetic and understanding of the officer's position? I seriously hope he gets the same level of justice any person would get for murder. This was a borderline execution in my eyes. but racially charged? I say no.
Jaejae5.0
¯
Member # 7958

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jaejae5.0  Ford pictures for Jaejae5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
this prolly isnt the first time somethin like this has happened in oakland..this just happend to get caught on tape..and oakland cops are the most aggresive ive had to deal with...one reason i dont pull over for them..they might just sock you in your mouth and give you a ticket for no front plates

--------------------
1987 notchback h/c/i 302 & 70mm turbo SOLD

2000 camaro ss cam only

Posts: 4890 | From: the combustion chamber | Registered: Oct 2007  |  :
turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for turbo50  Ford pictures for turbo50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Accident or not (which it appears to be, to me from the reaction of the officer in one of the 3 videos I have seen) this is very tragic. A life has ended. A family will be without their father.

Everyone should be accountable.

RIP

--------------------
.........when was the last time YOU built something with YOUR own hands?

I offer quality sidework at reasonable prices. PM ME

Posts: 7606 | From: Discovery Bay, California | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
rgtrahn
¯
Member # 7133

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for rgtrahn  Ford pictures for rgtrahn    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
The video footage from multiple angle is quite conclusive. And really leave not much grey area. I am sure we all understand that the ordeal is never completely over until the situation is completely dissolved or someone is in jail. But rgtrahn, are you really insinuating that you can justify and see how this is a just reaction? I am assuming you are in some sort of law enforcement. If you can justify this shooting you may be in the wrong line of work. I know about the bond that cops have have. But come one, wrong is wrong. Again maybe I am mis-reading your comment but you almost sound more sympathetic and understanding of the officer's position? I seriously hope he gets the same level of justice any person would get for murder. This was a borderline execution in my eyes. but racially charged? I say no.

You are misinterpreting what I was saying. So, let me say I am NOT justifying his actions at all. It is clear that there were tragic mistakes made, mistakes that cost a man his life. I am just as shocked as anybody else by the video. I am just stating I do not believe that this situation was race or power motivated. People are to quick to judge when it comes to law enforcement. Let the investigation play out and lets find out what really happened. personally, from what I saw this definitely did not look like a shoot situation. Again, it looks like a very tragic accident where an individual lost his life.

[ January 07, 2009, 04:31 PM: Message edited by: rgtrahn ]

KINGROY
¯
Member # 7736

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for KINGROY  Ford pictures for KINGROY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by AL STOCK:
quote:

Officer name : Johannes Mehserle
Address : XXXXX Belvedere Ct. Napa, CA 94559

You can google search his last name and see some death threats were already headed his way.

RIP Grant

Someone really posted his address on the net. Bet if you drive by it be the house with all the cops protecting it.

--------------------
2003 Cobra Vert
2005 Prius

Posts: 1642 | From: Vallejo, CA | Registered: Jun 2007  |  :
AL STOCK
Its All Stock
Cuzzon
Member # 1852

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AL STOCK  Ford pictures for AL STOCK  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by rgtrahn:
quote:

It also looked like he could have had a sympathetic reflex, going back to training and the, " INDEX INDEX INDEX".

This was in no way race motivated and completely a tragic accident. I do not believe an officer is going to risk his freedom and liberty or his families financial freedom to shoot somebody because of their race. Unfortunately, accidental discharges and deaths do happen. Case in point

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Ez34Kg86AU

Even more, no officer is going to INTENTIONALY discharge their firearm with their partners in that close of proximity, especially, without any warning. You can see how surprised everyone is in the video and how they react.

I would also like to mention since there is a misconception about handcuffs. Handcuffs do not mean the situation has ended or use of force cannot be applied. Handcuffs are ONLY A DEGREE OF CONTROL. People can still be a very real danger and violently resist while handcuff injuring both suspect and officer.

Bottom line, we were not there. All we have seen is a fuzzy camera phone video and biased media reports. We do not know what was really going on in the heads of the officers or the group of people being detained. When the investigation is complete I am sure we will know what happened. One thing I am sure we can agree on is that tragically a man lost his life and will no longer be with us.

You know, i agree with everything else you said BUT im still finding it hard to convince when you say "no officer is going to INTENTIONALY discharge their firearm with their partners in that close of proximity".

I understand your point, BUT it doesn't make sense at all to draw ANY weapon in the first place, he pulled his weapon out either way.. Even if it was a taser.. He was going to DISCHARGE IT..

Now, i did see a bunch of interviews, videos of the folks that were there, everyone clearly stated that Grant was being co-operative and he was laying face down. There is no reason to pull the weapon out..

Come on now.. [Roll Eyes]

Only thing i come up with is that Grant may had VERBALLY threatened the officer and the officer took it personal and pulled out the weapon to threaten him but he had enough training and knowledge to make the call..

Shit is crazy.. Nothing we can do to change this BUT this clearly shows that some officers are out there that arent capable of having a badge. They do some shady shit if no one is around, or when they are with their buddies or when they are in charge.. Maybe thats why most folks dislike cops from experiences.

Like JaeJae said, imagine what wouldve happened if there wasn't a camera in sight? Exactly, the cop nut huggers wouldve jumped onto conclusions in seconds.

I had my fair share of bad experiences with crooked police and if i told the story here, i know what the nutthuggers would say since there isnt no evidence.

I think the government should make a move, they need to do stepp up their game, there are soo many police brutalities caught on tape, so many wrongful doings by police and some get put on admin leave and some get suspended.

F*k that, do a polygraph every 3 months, do standard training tests every 3 months, do an interview every 3 months, pull out their reports and question them every 3 months.

^^ that will help take out the bad apples. There is no need to be scared of cops, but shit like this makes everyone nervous, little youngsters probably seen the news and now they have bad taste in their mouth of cops.

--------------------
.:: FANATICS ::.

93 Cobra Teal
93 Cobra V Red
90 SSP
SVT Raptor
Huracan Rosso Mars
E63s W213 Selenite Gray
C7Z M7 Daytona Sunrise

Posts: 6498 | From: San Bruno | Registered: Sep 2002  |  :

Page: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...  12  13  14   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com