Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Bart Police Shooting (Page 12)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  ...  9  10  11  12  13  14   
Author Topic: Bart Police Shooting
90gtvert
¯
Member # 8697

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90gtvert  Ford pictures for 90gtvert    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by BCINGUU:
quote:
Originally posted by fr5.0:
death isnt an excuse for higher penalty due to an accident!!!!!!

I guess I don't understand the people who are calling this an accident. If I pull out a gun, chamber a round, point it at somebody, pull the trigger, and kill a man, I highly doubt our court system would let me get away with claiming it was an "accident". Even if I thought I was pulling a different (non-lethal) weapon. I think the best case scenario would be involuntary manslaughter, but even that seems pretty unlikely.

And yes, I know I'm assuming I'd get the same treatment as anybody else in this example. But only the President should be above the law. (kidding)

Well I do clearly think this was an accident, but accident or not the guy is going to jail. Witch is the way it should be. He will most likely get involuntary manslaughter and serve 7-10 years.

Mike

--------------------
90 GT Vert
93 GT

http://www.110octanephotography.com

AL STOCK
Its All Stock
Cuzzon
Member # 1852

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AL STOCK  Ford pictures for AL STOCK  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Jdub07:
I hesitate posting this article as MANY will not fully read and comprehend it. They will scroll down see the pie charts and statistics but not read what it entails. They will make assumptions etc etc... They will not understand all the variables that go into and more importantly all the variables that can not be messured in a study such as this.

For those that are able to, this link has some interesting findings.

http://www.sdcda.org/files/OIS_Report_100907.pdf

After looking into that article, one thing for sure, i am not going to San Diego anytime soon!

[ January 12, 2009, 05:49 PM: Message edited by: AL STOCK ]

--------------------
.:: FANATICS ::.

93 Cobra Teal
93 Cobra V Red
90 SSP
SVT Raptor
Huracan Rosso Mars
E63s W213 Selenite Gray
C7Z M7 Daytona Sunrise

Posts: 6498 | From: San Bruno | Registered: Sep 2002  |  :
fr5.0
¯
Member # 8652

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fr5.0  Ford pictures for fr5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by BCINGUU:
quote:
Originally posted by fr5.0:
death isnt an excuse for higher penalty due to an accident!!!!!!

I guess I don't understand the people who are calling this an accident. If I pull out a gun, chamber a round, point it at somebody, pull the trigger, and kill a man, I highly doubt our court system would let me get away with claiming it was an "accident". Even if I thought I was pulling a different (non-lethal) weapon. I think the best case scenario would be involuntary manslaughter, but even that seems pretty unlikely.

And yes, I know I'm assuming I'd get the same treatment as anybody else in this example. But only the President should be above the law. (kidding)

well maybe it might be a little more clear to you, if you knew that cops always have one in the chamber. its actualy a write up if they dont, and yes there superior does check from time to time.

--------------------
MAGA
TRUMP TRAIN!!!!

Posts: 2913 | From: sacramento | Registered: Sep 2008  |  :
fr5.0
¯
Member # 8652

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fr5.0  Ford pictures for fr5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by AL STOCK:
quote:
Originally posted by Jdub07:
I hesitate posting this article as MANY will not fully read and comprehend it. They will scroll down see the pie charts and statistics but not read what it entails. They will make assumptions etc etc... They will not understand all the variables that go into and more importantly all the variables that can not be messured in a study such as this.

For those that are able to, this link has some interesting findings.

http://www.sdcda.org/files/OIS_Report_100907.pdf

After looking into that article, one thing for sure, i am not going to San Diego anytime soon!
hahahahaha lolololol i was thinking the same thing after i read it to

--------------------
MAGA
TRUMP TRAIN!!!!

Posts: 2913 | From: sacramento | Registered: Sep 2008  |  :
drop92
PITUDO
RACING 415
Member # 1323

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for drop92  Ford pictures for drop92    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
the cop is arrested!!!!! bout fucking time hes arrested a warrant was issued they just arrested him in nevada.... hes on a NO bail warrent
Mr.Lucky
CAFords OG
Member # 1772

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr.Lucky  Ford pictures for Mr.Lucky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 302 DROP:
the cop is arrested!!!!! bout fucking time hes arrested a warrant was issued they just arrested him in nevada.... hes on a NO bail warrent

i havent really spoke on this topic because i dont wanna get into it. Flame me if you want, but its my opinion so piss off.
1) YES the officer was wrong
2) YES he should be punished
3) NO he shouldnt get murder, maybe manslaughter or invaluntary. But we all know accidental mis fires happen.
4) NO the guy that was shot shouldnt be put on such a high level..... IF he hadnt been fighting on bart at 2 am on new years it wouldnt have happen to him. You can see in a video him arguing and resisting. His bad.
Lastly
Im a father, i dont go out drinking and partying with a daughter waiting for me at home. I have my priorities. If he'd had his shit in line, maybe he'd still be here. Just my opinion, quote and argue if you want, i wont be replying anyone. Just my opinion. [patriot]

btw why i dont hear any of the "racisit" callers complaining about this?
http://www.ktvu.com/news/18471525/detail.html

[ January 14, 2009, 01:15 AM: Message edited by: bottled95GT?? ]

--------------------
95GT: Bolt ons.
Good sellers/buyers: Stangs R Us, 1SicGt, sn4bwc, racsirx, WickedStang, Autumnstang97, cali95gt

¯
Member # 1904

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 51505.0  Ford pictures for 51505.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Theres not 25 million involved from "The Man" so who cares about whats happening out there with everyone else. They are all too worried about the Police hurting them no time to worry about the real violence that is going on, you cant collect money from those people.
drop92
PITUDO
RACING 415
Member # 1323

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for drop92  Ford pictures for drop92    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by bottled95GT??:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by 302 DROP:
[qb]

holy shit.. check out these names in this story.. sounds like their calling names at the DMV

Juan Jose Perez
James Lopez,
Cortez Street
Jose Guevarra
Luis Fernando Rodriguez Garcia
Frankie Espinoza
Tampico Avenue
Nortenos and Surenos

all these people are paisas... streets are named after paisa items. im surprised there isn't a street name "BURRO ST"..lol

[ January 14, 2009, 01:42 AM: Message edited by: 302 DROP ]

Mr.Lucky
CAFords OG
Member # 1772

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr.Lucky  Ford pictures for Mr.Lucky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 302 DROP:
quote:
Originally posted by bottled95GT??:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by 302 DROP:
[qb]

holy shit.. check out these names in this story.. sounds like their calling names at the DMV

Juan Jose Perez
James Lopez,
Cortez Street
Jose Guevarra
Luis Fernando Rodriguez Garcia
Frankie Espinoza
Tampico Avenue
Nortenos and Surenos

all these people are paisas... streets are named after paisa items. im surprised there isn't a street name "BURRO ST"..lol

i said i wasnt gonna reply to this thread, but holy shit you had me rolling with that. [worship]

--------------------
Good sellers/buyers: Stangs R Us, 1SicGt, sn4bwc, racsirx, WickedStang, Autumnstang97, cali95gt

Slow05GT
¯
Member # 8408

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Slow05GT  Ford pictures for Slow05GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I was just watching the news the first time I heard That the cop was arrested in nevada an charged with murder... but will not be held in prison with general inmates will be held away from them.
Posts: 2233 | From: Natomas, ca | Registered: May 2008  |  :
Eddie510-
CAFords OG
Member # 2354

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eddie510-  Ford pictures for Eddie510-    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I think that there were three reasons that the Oakland DA charged Mr. Mehserle with murder

1: To avoid further rioting;
2: To avoid being voted out of office and
3: To be able to have the charge reduced to manslaughter to get a conviction.

From what I understand, If the DA had charged him with manslaughter, rioting and the DA's political demise would result. by charging him with murder, a charge they will not be able to prove, the judge can then offer the jury the option of lowering the charge to manslaughter.

Thats what I think will happen. I think if he really diddnt mean to kill that guy he shouldnt be in prison for life. But then why diddnt none of the officers nor him try to help Oscar grant after the inncident? You wonder why would somone especially an officer would do that infront of hundreds of people around. to me it looks like it was an accident. But then i wonder dont you have to take off the saftey on his gun first? crazy.

[ January 14, 2009, 11:35 PM: Message edited by: Eddie510- ]

--------------------
"I like to be more politicaly correct than what I really believe so I can get more frinds here on CaFords"-Cummings "TIPICKLE"

AL STOCK
Its All Stock
Cuzzon
Member # 1852

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AL STOCK  Ford pictures for AL STOCK  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Another good example of badge wearing criminals abusing their power.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPrxWeYl15c&feature=related

I like how the officer is dancing around with the suspect and has a GUN in his hand.. Wow, just wow.

--------------------

93 Cobra Teal
93 Cobra V Red
90 SSP
SVT Raptor
Huracan Rosso Mars
E63s W213 Selenite Gray
C7Z M7 Daytona Sunrise

Chris C.
¯
Member # 1949

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chris C.  Ford pictures for Chris C.    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

I like how the officer is dancing around with the suspect and has a GUN in his hand.. Wow, just wow.

If the guy followed the officers order to get on the ground none of that would have happened. Id say he was lucky he didnt get sprayed with OC or tasered. [Confused]

--------------------
-1990 Coupe

Posts: 636 | From: San Jose, Ca | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
AL STOCK
Its All Stock
Cuzzon
Member # 1852

quote:
Originally posted by Chris C.:
quote:

If the guy followed the officers order to get on the ground none of that would have happened. Id say he was lucky he didnt get sprayed with OC or tasered. [Confused]
They shouldve taken him down after he refused to co-operative in the first place YET the UNTRAINED partner of the fellow officer is running around like a KID with a badge.

He is dancing around, throwing punches like a kid and has a gun in his hand.

I would hate to be that officer's partner.

--------------------

93 Cobra Teal
93 Cobra V Red
90 SSP
SVT Raptor
Huracan Rosso Mars
E63s W213 Selenite Gray
C7Z M7 Daytona Sunrise

90gtvert
¯
Member # 8697

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90gtvert  Ford pictures for 90gtvert    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

They should have tasered that idiots ass immediatly....fucking idiots.

--------------------
90 GT Vert
93 GT

http://www.110octanephotography.com

Mr.Lucky
CAFords OG
Member # 1772

Not to stir up shit again, but i recently found this and thought it was quite interesting after the "stand up guy" they made him out to be.... this post of mine is soley based on the character debate nothin more.

"KPIX-TV reported Grant had a criminal record. Grant, who had also been convicted of drug dealing, had been sentenced to 16 months in state prison in 2007 after he fled from a traffic stop while armed with a loaded pistol. Grant was most recently released from prison September 23, corrections officials said. An attorney representing Grant's family said that Grant had been doing well in recent months and that his record was irrelevant to the BART shooting because the police officer was not aware of it when he pulled the trigger [Roll Eyes] "?"

--------------------

N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
how is this "quite interesting"? And being a "stand up guy"? Why because they said he had a family and was loved by his loved ones? What does his transgressions have anything to do with being shot? Are you saying because he served time he deserved to be shot? Are you saying the cop is justified? I just really do not understand the angle or purpose of your post.
hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Put yourself in those/bad situations over a number of years and it's bound to turn bad at some point.

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

JohnB
Tech Moderator
Member # 969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnB  Ford pictures for JohnB    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by hidnn.o.s.:
Put yourself in those/bad situations over a number of years and it's bound to turn bad at some point.

+1

Life finally caught up to him. Wrong place, wrong time, and a accident happened. Cop knew nothing of his past, nor his record.

--------------------
1965 Shelby Cobra
1993 Cobra
2012 F150 Raptor
2020 GT500

Posts: 6523 | From: Orlando FL/Redding CA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by JohnB:
quote:

+1

Life finally caught up to him. Wrong place, wrong time, and a accident happened. Cop knew nothing of his past, nor his record.

I agree to a certain extent. Wrong place, wrong time can happen to anyone. So I am not entirely sure I would throw this into karma category. An accident did happen, but it should not be explained away so easily. As this accident is the by product of recklessness and negligence IMO.
JohnB
Tech Moderator
Member # 969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnB  Ford pictures for JohnB    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:
quote:

+1

I agree to a certain extent. Wrong place, wrong time can happen to anyone. So I am not entirely sure I would throw this into karma category. An accident did happen, but it should not be explained away so easily. As this accident is the by product of recklessness and negligence IMO.
He's been arrested, no bail, and charged with murder. Seriously, what more do you expect?? And yes, it CAN happen to anyone...and this is an example.

--------------------
1965 Shelby Cobra
1993 Cobra
2012 F150 Raptor
2020 GT500

N8
¯
Member # 6048

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:
quote:

+1

He's been arrested, no bail, and charged with murder. Seriously, what more do you expect?? And yes, it CAN happen to anyone...and this is an example.
I expect nothing more. I just wish justice was swifter in the beginning. My point was, the tone is that this young man deserved this because his life choices. And I just beg differ that's all.
JohnB
Tech Moderator
Member # 969

Justice was swifter? Are you serious? It's called due process and legalities. I'd like to think that everyone is entitled to that. Investigations must be done, steps taken, and then decisions are made. He could have been thrown in jail the very next day and it still wouldn't have been enough for some...and they still would be rioting in Oakland. Hell, the family didn't even care about charges being brought against the officer...they ran out, found a lawyer, and filed a $25M lawsuit against BART not even a week later!

He made certain decisions in regards to his life, like we all do, and whether they were right or wrong...it doesn't matter to anyone but him and his family.

No one said he deserved it.

--------------------
1965 Shelby Cobra
1993 Cobra
2012 F150 Raptor
2020 GT500

N8
¯
Member # 6048

quote:
Justice was swifter? Are you serious? It's called due process and legalities. I'd like to think that everyone is entitled to that. Investigations must be done, steps taken, and then decisions are made. He could have been thrown in jail the very next day and it still wouldn't have been enough for some...and they still would be rioting in Oakland. Hell, the family didn't even care about charges being brought against the officer...they ran out, found a lawyer, and filed a $25M lawsuit against BART not even a week later!

He made certain decisions in regards to his life, like we all do, and whether they were right or wrong...it doesn't matter to anyone but him and his family.

No one said he deserved it.

Never said anyone "said" that he "deserved". I used the words "insinuating" and "tone". I also asked if that was what someone meant. But never accused them of saying it. I guess it is a matter of perspective and experience when it comes to interpretation of swift justice. And from mine, it moved at a snails pace. From yours they could very well deserve medals from the way they handled it. Such is life. Does it bother me? Nah not one bit. And yes he did make decisions based on his family and situation. Great, and I will give you that. But unfortunately the spill over of those decisions affect Oakland as a whole, BART and possibly his family and children's children. He will no doubt lose a civil suit for wrongful death and negligence. So the restitution and court award itself will milk him for the rest of his natural life. And he will no doubt have problems getting a job if manslaughter sticks (he wont get murder at least I don't think he should). I guess his life caught up to him as well.

[ January 19, 2009, 11:40 AM: Message edited by: N8 ]

Mr.Lucky
CAFords OG
Member # 1772

quote:
quote:

+1

+2 thats what my statement was meaning. Keep putting yourself in a bad place/ situation and eventually itll bite you in the ass. Wow N8 you really assumed alot there. I in no way said he deserved it nor would i EVER say that. I just hate when people paint some1 off to be a saint when theyre far from it. Thats all.

--------------------

Page: 1  2  3  ...  9  10  11  12  13  14   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com