Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » weight loss (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: weight loss
302n/a
¯
Member # 1465

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 302n/a  Ford pictures for 302n/a    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Just want some opinions on people who have lost weight or on diets,how much weight they lost,time period,tips etc..Im at week #6 and have lost 22lbs.My routine consists of running treadmill 1 hr a day 5 days a week,watching what i eat,and i take the green coffee bean pill extract.thanks opinions appreciated [patriot]

--------------------
Raiders A's Warriors Sharks

NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
My little brother lost like 60lbs by just taking out chips N soda, but he also does play soccer(goalie).

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1986 Hatch- catfish killer
1964 Impala hard top

Posts: 18529 | From: EA$T $IDE REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
Mr.10psi
¯
Member # 11062

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr.10psi  Ford pictures for Mr.10psi  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Im currently on a diet plan but also do cardio to lose weight.Make sure you have atleast 1gram of protein per body pound.As far as the cardio goes you want to stay away from running on the treadmill,you will burn a lot of muscle and get weaker.Instead do hiit cardio for 20mins a day or do what im doing which is going on the treadmill,set it at a 15 degree incline and walking at 2.4 mph.do this for one hour a day 7 days a week.it will burn anywhere from 550 to 600 cals. Losing weight to fast is not good.Shoot for 2lbs a week tops to prevent muscle loss.Eat 4 to 5 meals a day that are balanced.

--------------------
02 white saleen(sold) 347 stroker in the works

macthizzle
¯
Member # 3492

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for macthizzle  Ford pictures for macthizzle    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Im currently eating healthy. My coworker makes me lunch and breakfast monday-friday. I believe most of the stuff is off the biggest looser cook book. Ive been eating good for about two months im down 22 lbs and dont work out. Im 199 lbs today

--------------------
"FUCK U PAY ME"

Posts: 992 | From: REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Oct 2003  |  :
lxhatch5.0
¯
Member # 6319

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for lxhatch5.0  Ford pictures for lxhatch5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[QUOTE]Originally posted by 302n/a:
Just want some opinions on people who have lost weight or on diets,how much weight they lost,time period,tips etc..Im at week #6 and have lost 22lbs.My routine consists of running treadmill 1 hr a day 5 days a week,watching what i eat,and i take the green coffee bean pill extract.thanks opinions appreciated [patriot] [/QUOTE [
Damn thats a lot of weight. What does ur diet routine look like? Im @203lbs and u used to be real slimm i pulled a hamstring pitching a few weeks ago and that made me feel like I shuld loose some weight. I do lift weights three times a week but Im trying to eat healthy. Props @ ur avatar and loosing that weight lmk about ur diet tho.

--------------------
*NorCal

cpthowdy
¯
Member # 10055

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cpthowdy  Ford pictures for cpthowdy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Calorie deficit, proper protien intake, fiber, water
That's all you need for weight lost.no need for silly supplements
When I go on my "cutting" phase I eat 1 gram of protien per lb, limit my calories to around 1600 a day. and of course workout. Remember cardio= weight loss. Lifting = Fat loss. Combine both and well you get the picture.

[ 2013-04-26, 01:27 PM: Message edited by: cpthowdy ]

--------------------
*04 cobra,TT,magnum,sra,E85
*08 zo6 h/c/i
*03 cobra, whipple *sold*
*02 GT, stroker, blown, cammed *sold*

cpthowdy
¯
Member # 10055

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cpthowdy  Ford pictures for cpthowdy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by lxhatch5.0:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by 302n/a:
Just want some opinions on people who have lost weight or on diets,how much weight they lost,time period,tips etc..Im at week #6 and have lost 22lbs.My routine consists of running treadmill 1 hr a day 5 days a week,watching what i eat,and i take the green coffee bean pill extract.thanks opinions appreciated [patriot] [/QUOTE [
Damn thats a lot of weight. What does ur diet routine look like? Im @203lbs and u used to be real slimm i pulled a hamstring pitching a few weeks ago and that made me feel like I shuld loose some weight. I do lift weights three times a week but Im trying to eat healthy. Props @ ur avatar and loosing that weight lmk about ur diet tho.

Most of the weight people lose is water weight which rapidly depletes in the first 6-8 weeks. It'll slow down afterwards

--------------------
*04 cobra,TT,magnum,sra,E85
*08 zo6 h/c/i
*03 cobra, whipple *sold*
*02 GT, stroker, blown, cammed *sold*

SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I was @ 185 two months ago and currently @ 166.
If you got an iPhone check out the my fitness pal app. I've really just been using that to track my calorie intake & I've been playing softball once a week. I want to do crossfit in the near future to get into the best shape I've ever been in.

Like what was said above about loosing weight quickly...... It can come off fast but return just as fast. [patriot]

--------------------
Originally posted by turbo50:
I have no intenions of keeping anyones parts or taking anyones money.

MaK_1967v8
¯
Member # 12187

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MaK_1967v8  Ford pictures for MaK_1967v8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Cut fast food, soda, chips and all the rest of that unhealthy garbage and replace it with natural foods, water and you'll drop weight like nobodies business. I went from 247 ( highest i've gotten ) to 215 in 5-6 weeks. Im leveling out on the weight loss because i still have a beer or two whenever i wrench on my cars, or go out for dinner, but yeah.

--------------------
1967 C Code Coupe
2004 Roush Stage 2

Posts: 620 | From: Sacramento, CA | Registered: Jul 2012  |  :
302n/a
¯
Member # 1465

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 302n/a  Ford pictures for 302n/a    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
the rapid weight loss can be atoned most likely because im a bigger guy so water weight is probably why but i have noticed the weight has slowed down i was losing an average of 4 lbs a week and this week it went down to 2 lbs.Im eating lots of salads with low calorie dressing skinless chicken,lots of veggies and fruit and cereal with lots of fiber.I drink lots of water and flavored water.

--------------------

302n/a
¯
Member # 1465

quote:
Originally posted by MaK_1967v8:
Cut fast food, soda, chips and all the rest of that unhealthy garbage and replace it with natural foods, water and you'll drop weight like nobodies business. I went from 247 ( highest i've gotten ) to 215 in 5-6 weeks. Im leveling out on the weight loss because i still have a beer or two whenever i wrench on my cars, or go out for dinner, but yeah.

yeah beer and soda have been cut off i know its ok to do once in a while but then i feel guilty if i do it.its crazy how we all let our body go the n its so hard to get it back.Like the saying goes your are what you eat n drink

--------------------

04cobra408
¯
Member # 4025

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 04cobra408  Ford pictures for 04cobra408    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ive lost 20 ontop of the 20 I lost a couple months back . trying to lose 20-30 more. sodas and fries really killed me . I kind of eat what I want but not on the fat ass level I was before just kept in check. but I try to watch it and not go over board but I do cheat . now im starting p90x too since my buddy gave me his set so lets see if I can hit 200-215 or so in two-3 more months. im at 237 was at 257 in feb. and weh I actually work out I lose weight damn fast

[ 2013-04-26, 02:22 PM: Message edited by: 04cobra408 ]

--------------------
Willie Guzman
RIP lil brother
11-23-12

Juan Moya
"The King Cobra"
11/16/81 - 8/20/05

Posts: 1945 | From: san jose ca | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :
32VSTANG
¯
Member # 9803

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 32VSTANG  Ford pictures for 32VSTANG    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Anybody here take the clk and super hd pills???
cobraracer46
¯
Member # 1142

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cobraracer46  Ford pictures for cobraracer46    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Mr.10psi:
Im currently on a diet plan but also do cardio to lose weight.Make sure you have at least 1gram of protein per body pound.As far as the cardio goes you want to stay away from running on the treadmill,you will burn a lot of muscle and get weaker

You are incorrect on both counts.
1 gram of protein per pound of body weight is too much. To calculate your protein needs, multiply your weight in kg by the number of g of protein you require each day. For example, if you are a healthy individual and weight 70 kg, your protein needs would be 56 g of protein per day. If you are moderately active and weight 85 kg, you need 99 g of protein daily.

Running of any kind including running on a tread mill does not cause you to burn muscle.

Some weight loss tips i can offer:

leave the car at home and use a bicycle to get to work and do your shopping.

pills and quick potions are nothing more than snake oil and if you believe in them, you are a stupid mother fucker.

there is no substitute for hard work and discipline when it comes to maintaing a healthy weight.

--------------------
2001 SVT cobra convertible with a Viper T56, Fikse wheels, Griggs frame kit, roll bar, Vortech, 4:30 gears, brembo GT brakes and more.

Posts: 1172 | From: Woodside California | Registered: Apr 2002  |  :
cobraracer46
¯
Member # 1142

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cobraracer46  Ford pictures for cobraracer46    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by gohardgohome:
Anybody here take the clk and super hd pills???

dont waste your money on that bull shit.

--------------------
2001 SVT cobra convertible with a Viper T56, Fikse wheels, Griggs frame kit, roll bar, Vortech, 4:30 gears, brembo GT brakes and more.

Posts: 1172 | From: Woodside California | Registered: Apr 2002  |  :
Saleen 00-768
¯
Member # 9379

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Saleen 00-768  Ford pictures for Saleen 00-768    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Do push up every single day, how ever many your comfortable with doing, I do 200 every single night work out my back n arms and a little cardio is good too, the key is not eating until your full but when your comfortable its not so muh about eating extremely healthy either just don't over eat and don't eat at least 2hours before you go to bed and you will have a six pack with out doing a single crunch, give it at least 4-6monnths of this and don't skip a night of push ups
Edit: and its just one hour out of your day every day

[ 2013-04-26, 03:18 PM: Message edited by: sneakyfox90 ]

--------------------
'00 Saleen SC #768
'90 GT
'90 California Edition (sold)
'87 Saleen #264 (sold)

lxhatch5.0
¯
Member # 6319

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for lxhatch5.0  Ford pictures for lxhatch5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Im trying to get a healthy meal plan Im going to cut red meat and.beer bc I think thats the issue

--------------------
*NorCal

triple b
¯
Member # 8763

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for triple b  Ford pictures for triple b    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Meal replacements work good too cut out carbs like white bread ect. But add good carbs like veggies n fruits .....balance makes perfect and drink lots of water....H2o is key to metabolism
Posts: 1730 | From: sacramento ca | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
jdowd
¯
Member # 10746

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jdowd  Ford pictures for jdowd    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Almost 70 pounds since the beginning of October. Really not doing anything to fancy in terms of diet. Protein shake and fruit in the morning for breakfast. More fruit and nuts as snacks through out the day. Nice healthy portion of vegetables and lean protein source for dinner.

Run a 2-3 morning miles every morning. Hit the gym up in the evening. Low weight with high reps. Got tired of being a fat slob. My goal is to get back to the days of being able to run 5 plus miles a day.

Ohhh most importantly. No fast food and soda since October. That alone has done wonders for how I feel every day.

[ 2013-04-26, 09:37 PM: Message edited by: jdowd ]

8urgm
¯
Member # 9054

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 8urgm  Ford pictures for 8urgm    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I've been on the healthy mode since nov of last year. I was at 255 when I started and now I'm at 213. I've got a few friends that are gym rats so their my motivation. Try staying away from red meats, eat more whites like chicken, turkey , fish. Don't eat any fried stuff . No more soda and specially beer. Drink water water water! No more late night eating also. Much cardio and healthy eating is the main key if u want to loose weight. Weight lifting helps also, I usually lift and do cardio every day and take a brake Sundays. [patriot] good luck

--------------------
* ILLICIT FORDS* SHARK TOWN*

04 BLK TERMINATOR

RIP PRIMO RICARDO 3/10/12
RIP LIL HOMIE TECH9 3/8/12
RIP HOMIE WILLIE(5ltrsvt) 11/23/12

Posts: 439 | From: SAN JOSE/EL DF | Registered: Mar 2009  |  :
TrillaJay
¯
Member # 10274

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TrillaJay  Ford pictures for TrillaJay    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Eating lean and clean and Crossfit. Lost around 10lbs my first 3days of Crossfit! Now I'm in my 2nd-3rd week of crossfit and I'm Leaner than ever!

--------------------
04'MystichromeSVTCobra#524
03'BuiltSilverSVTCobra-SOLD
99'BlackSVTCobra-SOLD

SLOWSN95
¯
Member # 8269

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWSN95  Ford pictures for SLOWSN95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Cardio only does so much for you. Lifting heavy is the BEST workout that you can do. No bodybuilder sets where you lift, take a 2 minute break, and then lift again. Its the crossfit type of workouts that give you the best results. When you do cardio, you only burn calories for the time that you are moving. When you lift heavy weights, you're muscles release a chemical that actually can burn calories anywhere up to 15 hours AFTER you are finished working out. Most of it is diet though.. its probably the hardest thing to stay committed to. Gotta stay away from fried foods as well as processed foods. You can even do what's called a "keto" diet which is basically high fat, high protein, and low carbs. Do not cut calories too much though.. it takes calories to burn calories. If you can stay around 1800 calories per day and get a good workout in, you'll see pounds drop.

--------------------
94' GT
347 Stroker
MM Suspended

2003 SB SVT Lightning
Pullied and Lowered

89'Hatch-SOLD

Posts: 2214 | From: 510/east bay | Registered: Mar 2008  |  :
166 Merlo
FELONY
MOTORSPORTS
Member # 1549

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 166 Merlo  Ford pictures for 166 Merlo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I take one wiper shits... At first I was like, did I miss? But no thats just a healthy duece. Lol

Jokes aside, the hardest part is keeping the weight off long term. Stay focused.

--------------------
'89 - Boss Coupe
'70 - Drop Cutthang
'68 - Cougnut
'87 - 0166, Its real

BLK35th
CAFords OG
Member # 4685

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BLK35th  Ford pictures for BLK35th    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
F*ck supplements, all you need to do is eat right and exercise. Running 7 days a week might not be such a good idea. You are not giving your muscles a chance to recover.

Try running every other day, or at least 3 days a week. And then you will notice some gradual changes with your endurance.

I lost over 50 lbs a few years back. It took me a little less than a year to burn that weight. I did it without supplements. All I did was eat right and make a few trips to the gym throughout the week. I averaged about 1.5 lbs a week.

I had to cut the soda so that my muscles won't dehydrate. I had to cut the junk food, so that my body had the proper nutrients and vitamins to feed on. I had to quit smoking so that I could run faster and further.

And now I can maintain an 8 minute mile for 3 miles. Still think I can do better, but that's the thing with exercise, you are always challenging that little fat kid inside of you.lol

--------------------
hahahahaha

Posts: 1412 | From: 650-408-510-415 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  :
v-town coupe
fordologist
Member # 2771

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for v-town coupe  Ford pictures for v-town coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SLOWBACK 67:
I was @ 185 two months ago and currently @ 166.

The fact, you don't have a car may have something to do with that.

[ 2013-04-28, 12:32 PM: Message edited by: v-town coupe ]

Posts: 4597 | From: the V-town | Registered: May 2003  |  :

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com