Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » weight loss (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: weight loss
Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Just like racing, there's no magic to dieting and it's all in the numbers.

If you burn more than to take in you will lose weight. If you take in more than you burn, you will gain weight.

As general rule of thumb, if you can burn 3500 calories more than you take in for given period of time, that's equivalent to about a lb.

--------------------
Stangless

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
Mr.10psi
¯
Member # 11062

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr.10psi  Ford pictures for Mr.10psi  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by cobraracer46:
quote:
Originally posted by Mr.10psi:
Im currently on a diet plan but also do cardio to lose weight.Make sure you have at least 1gram of protein per body pound.As far as the cardio goes you want to stay away from running on the treadmill,you will burn a lot of muscle and get weaker

You are incorrect on both counts.
1 gram of protein per pound of body weight is too much. To calculate your protein needs, multiply your weight in kg by the number of g of protein you require each day. For example, if you are a healthy individual and weight 70 kg, your protein needs would be 56 g of protein per day. If you are moderately active and weight 85 kg, you need 99 g of protein daily.

Running of any kind including running on a tread mill does not cause you to burn muscle.

Some weight loss tips i can offer:

leave the car at home and use a bicycle to get to work and do your shopping.

pills and quick potions are nothing more than snake oil and if you believe in them, you are a stupid mother fucker.

there is no substitute for hard work and discipline when it comes to maintaing a healthy weight.

hahaha you are cracking me up bro. Let me ask you do you even lift? I train year round and have been into bodybuilding the last 2.5 years and been in the game since 2003. Got tons of experience and people under my belt and have trained a shit ton of people. Have you trained any? Do you even know who chris aceto and hany rhambod is? Let me guess your prolly the typical male who thinks their prolly around 10% body fat when their really 18-20, and get your body fat measured with the calipers like the rest of the uneducated people.What bout macro nutrients, you know what those are? Ask anybody that knows a thing or to bout fitness and health and they will tell you that long duration running on the treadmill you WILL lose muscle. Walking is fine, or Hiit cardio for short 20mins on the treadmill. I eat 7 times a day bro, train my ass off, research in between, train people, recover, and guess what repeat for the next 364 days. Do you know how hard it is to do that. I havent missed a meal this whole year. I eat every 2.5 hours. Have you accomplised that. By the way my brother is a certified personal trainer. So this shit runs in the family.

[ 2013-04-29, 12:07 AM: Message edited by: Mr.10psi ]

--------------------
02 white saleen(sold) 347 stroker in the works

302n/a
¯
Member # 1465

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 302n/a  Ford pictures for 302n/a    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
THANKS FOR ALL THE REPLIES KEEP EM COMING....

--------------------
Raiders A's Warriors Sharks

1sicmaro
~ I <3 Moms ~
Member # 9734

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1sicmaro  Ford pictures for 1sicmaro    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by cobraracer46:
quote:
Im currently on a diet plan but also do cardio to lose weight.Make sure you have at least 1gram of protein per body pound.As far as the cardio goes you want to stay away from running on the treadmill,you will burn a lot of muscle and get weaker

You are incorrect on both counts.
1 gram of protein per pound of body weight is too much. To calculate your protein needs, multiply your weight in kg by the number of g of protein you require each day. For example, if you are a healthy individual and weight 70 kg, your protein needs would be 56 g of protein per day. If you are moderately active and weight 85 kg, you need 99 g of protein daily.

Running of any kind including running on a tread mill does not cause you to burn muscle.

Some weight loss tips i can offer:

leave the car at home and use a bicycle to get to work and do your shopping.

pills and quick potions are nothing more than snake oil and if you believe in them, you are a stupid mother fucker.

there is no substitute for hard work and discipline when it comes to maintaing a healthy weight.

hahaha you are cracking me up bro. Let me ask you do you even lift? I train year round and have been into bodybuilding the last 2.5 years and been in the game since 2003. Got tons of experience and people under my belt and have trained a shit ton of people. Have you trained any? Do you even know who chris aceto and hany rhambod is? Let me guess your prolly the typical male who thinks their prolly around 10% body fat when their really 18-20, and get your body fat measured with the calipers like the rest of the uneducated people.What bout macro nutrients, you know what those are? Ask anybody that knows a thing or to bout fitness and health and they will tell you that long duration running on the treadmill you WILL lose muscle. Walking is fine, or Hiit cardio for short 20mins on the treadmill. I eat 7 times a day bro, train my ass off, research in between, train people, recover, and guess what repeat for the next 364 days. Do you know how hard it is to do that. I havent missed a meal this whole year. I eat every 2.5 hours. Have you accomplised that. By the way my brother is a certified personal trainer. So this shit runs in the family.
You're just a meathead!!! Shut up!

[ 2013-04-30, 06:37 AM: Message edited by: 1sicmaro ]

302n/a
¯
Member # 1465

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 302n/a  Ford pictures for 302n/a    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
down 8 more lbs since I posted this hit the 30 lb mark...Is having a soda once in a while ok?i was a big soda junkie now im drinking like 2 or 3 a week but I use to drink like 3 or 4 a day...also been using stairmaster for cardio will this help?

--------------------

triple b
¯
Member # 8763

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for triple b  Ford pictures for triple b    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
4 lbs in one month on herbalife shakes. I have 1 shake for breakfast, reg. lunch and dinner. No working out at the gym period.
Posts: 1730 | From: sacramento ca | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
Ric88Notch
¯
Member # 11660

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ric88Notch  Ford pictures for Ric88Notch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by triple b:
4 lbs in one month on herbalife shakes. I have 1 shake for breakfast, reg. lunch and dinner. No working out at the gym period.

I've lost 60Lbs in four months and have kept it off for three years using herbalife.

--------------------
2013 Black GT

blackfifty
¯
Member # 9023

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for blackfifty  Ford pictures for blackfifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

Kind of skeptical about herbalife. I guess anyone can lose weight eating 1000 calories a day but I bet at times people on herbalife feel weak and they're bodies look like skinny fat people . not saying you by any means but I believe to look good you have to exercise as well as eat good

--------------------
03 Terminator

KINGROY
¯
Member # 7736

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for KINGROY  Ford pictures for KINGROY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 302n/a:
down 8 more lbs since I posted this hit the 30 lb mark...Is having a soda once in a while ok?i was a big soda junkie now im drinking like 2 or 3 a week but I use to drink like 3 or 4 a day...also been using stairmaster for cardio will this help?

Stop drinking sodas. They're Empty calories with too much sugar. If you have one, have one on cheat day.

--------------------
2003 Cobra Vert
2005 Prius

Posts: 1642 | From: Vallejo, CA | Registered: Jun 2007  |  :
302n/a
¯
Member # 1465

quote:

exercise and the lbs will drop a lot more than 4 a month

--------------------

302n/a
¯
Member # 1465

quote:
Originally posted by Ric88Notch:
quote:

I've lost 60Lbs in four months and have kept it off for three years using herbalife.
yea herbalife is good and it works only thing is its expensive 105 bucks a month for kit and you have to continue to take it even after you hit your weight goal or else you will gain it back.

--------------------

302n/a
¯
Member # 1465

quote:
Originally posted by MSC_ROY:
quote:

Stop drinking sodas. They're Empty calories with too much sugar. If you have one, have one on cheat day.
im trying little by little bro

--------------------

triple b
¯
Member # 8763

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for triple b  Ford pictures for triple b    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Herbalife works and no you don't have to take it after if you eat right. If fact you don't need herbalife if you just eat right you will lose weight.

--------------------
1988 4cyl conv 306 HCI "sasha"
2004 tahoe
Sold- 87 GT, 72 chevelle, 63 biscane, 82 monte carlo, 73 nova, 88 silverado,

Posts: 1730 | From: sacramento ca | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
Ric88Notch
¯
Member # 11660

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ric88Notch  Ford pictures for Ric88Notch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by blackfifty:
quote:

Kind of skeptical about herbalife. I guess anyone can lose weight eating 1000 calories a day but I bet at times people on herbalife feel weak and they're bodies look like skinny fat people . not saying you by any means but I believe to look good you have to exercise as well as eat good
I dont eat 1,000 calories. Whoever does that is crazy , that isn't healthy. I eat whatever i want

--------------------
2013 Black GT

Ric88Notch
¯
Member # 11660

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Ric88Notch:
quote:

yea herbalife is good and it works only thing is its expensive 105 bucks a month for kit and you have to continue to take it even after you hit your weight goal or else you will gain it back.
You don't have to spend that much a month. You don't have to continue taking it as long as you learn how to eat. Basically what everyone is saying , learn how to eat and you will lose weight and not gain it back.

--------------------
2013 Black GT

RODRIGUEZ
¯
Member # 9104

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RODRIGUEZ  Ford pictures for RODRIGUEZ    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I keep hearing crossfit, im guessing it is a work out routine but what does it actually consist of??
DLo
¯
Member # 6133

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DLo  Ford pictures for DLo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by sneakyfox90:
Do push up every single day, how ever many your comfortable with doing, I do 200 every single night work out my back n arms and a little cardio is good too, the key is not eating until your full but when your comfortable its not so muh about eating extremely healthy either just don't over eat and don't eat at least 2hours before you go to bed and you will have a six pack with out doing a single crunch, give it at least 4-6monnths of this and don't skip a night of push ups
Edit: and its just one hour out of your day every day

How do you do your 200 push ups? When I used to ride, I got up to about 300 push ups a night. But I would do them in reps of maybe 50-70, and I was probably doing them incorrectly by pushing them out extremely fast. I don't see any signs of a 6 pack forming, but at least I've gotten rid of the gut that was starting up.

I just started again. Right now it's about 40 push ups in the morning and at night. I try to as much as possible in one shot, rest in the upright position, then I crank out the last few until my arms give out. Feet are elevated as well. Also do about 120 situps in the morning.

I'm not a big guy, but I have extra body fat that I don't need. Diet is a big part of it like everybody has mentioned. I probably dropped 5 pounds in 3 weeks when I first started, and within a month, all of my pants are way too loose. 2.5 months in and I have plateaued, I can't get rid of the extra fat. I think to really lean out, you have to completely change the way you eat.

Posts: 1876 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Oct 2005  |  :

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com