Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Dave/Fasthatch is a hack mechanic *get your popcorn* (Page 7)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11   
Author Topic: Dave/Fasthatch is a hack mechanic *get your popcorn*
89point.
¯
Member # 6078

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89point.  Ford pictures for 89point.    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
N8 u can come kick it around my fam I ain't scared of u, but don't ever again tell me I have an ugly pinky hahahha just cause my fingers are a lil stubby don't mean they are ugly lol..
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by 89point.:
N8 u can come kick it around my fam I ain't scared of u, but don't ever again tell me I have an ugly pinky hahahha just cause my fingers are a lil stubby don't mean they are ugly lol..

LMAO...I remember that...

[ February 06, 2010, 09:14 PM: Message edited by: N8 ]

N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by hidnn.o.s.:
....not a chance I'd want you near my family...

Not to dig this up again. But my wife and brother fell out of their seats laughing when I told them you said this. They both said the same thing at the same time. "What they think you the fucking boogey man"....it was funny as hell.

Man you guys think I am a handful you think my lil brother is the damn anti-christ. I am mild compared to that fool.

[ February 06, 2010, 09:17 PM: Message edited by: N8 ]

sac 5.0
¯
Member # 2980

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sac 5.0  Ford pictures for sac 5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:
Originally posted by sac 5.0:
come on now/////when you go buy a new car do they say it will make noise till it breaks in.........get real you are a fool if you belive that.do they say you breaks will make noise till they break in.....how do you get a exhaust leak then go to getting your heads machined to getting a cam to a rod knock.......if its in good hands know good for you just chalk it up as a loss.keep lees name out of it if you dont blame him.why bring his name up if you dont blame him?
and no i dont know any of you guys but if you dont know what is wrong with a car why would you trust some no name on some web site you go on that you have never met...........

a. I hold Lee non-accountable. But he is Lee's go to guy for work. And this is as startling to Lee as it is to me.

b. I trust Lee's word and still do. I know Lee and have done business with him. So no I did not take it to some no name guy. I bought to some who recommended him. And the recommendation came from a trusted source.

c. I admit I was wrong for trusting Dave and his assessment. And my car is not a new car so bad analogy. But to my defense, I was listening to my wife who always says I never give a situation a chance. To quick to react. She told me to chill and give him the benefit of the doubt...lol.

d. "how do you get a exhaust leak then go to getting your heads machined to getting a cam to a rod knock......." .. Thats the million dollar question.

e. "chalk it up", honestly I have. But will I stop screaming it from the mountain top? probably not.

Look ya'll Dave is in no imminent danger, I am not gonna touch him. I am not some monster that hides under your kids bed. I am not Rambro. I am customer that was done wrong. Funny the view some of you guys have of me. I find it interesting actually.

i uderstand nate but since you brought lees name in it i would never use any of his services at all.in my mind you are bringging him down and you are not blaming him at all.i am not scarred of you or anybody else.i will admit i have got my ass kicked but that is not whats its about.its about your car.i am just pointing out things i see as an outsider.
do as you will with telling everydody about how he does not do any work...i dont care about that cause i would never bring him my car in the first place.........

N8
¯
Member # 6048

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:
come on now/////when you go buy a new car do they say it will make noise till it breaks in.........get real you are a fool if you belive that.do they say you breaks will make noise till they break in.....how do you get a exhaust leak then go to getting your heads machined to getting a cam to a rod knock.......if its in good hands know good for you just chalk it up as a loss.keep lees name out of it if you dont blame him.why bring his name up if you dont blame him?
and no i dont know any of you guys but if you dont know what is wrong with a car why would you trust some no name on some web site you go on that you have never met...........

a. I hold Lee non-accountable. But he is Lee's go to guy for work. And this is as startling to Lee as it is to me.

b. I trust Lee's word and still do. I know Lee and have done business with him. So no I did not take it to some no name guy. I bought to some who recommended him. And the recommendation came from a trusted source.

c. I admit I was wrong for trusting Dave and his assessment. And my car is not a new car so bad analogy. But to my defense, I was listening to my wife who always says I never give a situation a chance. To quick to react. She told me to chill and give him the benefit of the doubt...lol.

d. "how do you get a exhaust leak then go to getting your heads machined to getting a cam to a rod knock......." .. Thats the million dollar question.

e. "chalk it up", honestly I have. But will I stop screaming it from the mountain top? probably not.

Look ya'll Dave is in no imminent danger, I am not gonna touch him. I am not some monster that hides under your kids bed. I am not Rambro. I am customer that was done wrong. Funny the view some of you guys have of me. I find it interesting actually.

i uderstand nate but since you brought lees name in it i would never use any of his services at all.in my mind you are bringging him down and you are not blaming him at all.i am not scarred of you or anybody else.i will admit i have got my ass kicked but that is not whats its about.its about your car.i am just pointing out things i see as an outsider.
do as you will with telling everydody about how he does not do any work...i dont care about that cause i would never bring him my car in the first place.........

Man what is with all this testosterone? I have one problem with one guy and every one thinks I am funkin with everyone. Man I dont even know you? Why would you bring up being scared of me? I am not a bully, I am cool as hell. A big damn teddy bear. You make my statements out as you must. but if it ends up with Dave working on your car. I would advise against it. If Lee does the work or tows your car. Your golden IMO. If Dave does it be advised. take that statement as you want. but I think it is warranted. Matter of fact if Dave gets a gig at AED, I would advise against it. No knock on Lee at all. I repeat no knock on Lee at all.

Also we have one physical altercation that did not yield anything of consequence and folks forget that I am out 1k, with a car with a switched battery, rod knock and a dent. Oh btw neither of those existed when I brought it in.

[ February 06, 2010, 09:28 PM: Message edited by: N8 ]

sac 5.0
¯
Member # 2980

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sac 5.0  Ford pictures for sac 5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i guess the computer you dont get the exact emosions(sp).i could careless about the statements about beeting people up,is all i was trying to say.like what don hiddenos was saying he dont want to hang out with you,i could bbq with you and all i just would not take my cars where you take your cars.i could care less about you pumping 400.this is a car website and i see they screwed you on your car.thats all i was saying.
N8
¯
Member # 6048

quote:
i guess the computer you dont get the exact emosions(sp).i could careless about the statements about beeting people up,is all i was trying to say.like what don hiddenos was saying he dont want to hang out with you,i could bbq with you and all i just would not take my cars where you take your cars.i could care less about you pumping 400.this is a car website and i see they screwed you on your car.thats all i was saying.

kk, now I follow you. Not sure why or how personal preference came into this. But right on man. End of the day I was cheated. And I am telling you first hand. Lee is a good guy, who has provided services that I needed in the past and has gone above and beyond. I will continue to recommend his services. He also helped in this situation. So take it as you must. If you wanna single Lee out over Dave well that is your prerogative. Dont forget to invite me to the BBQ.
94 fobra
¯
Member # 8867

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 94 fobra  Ford pictures for 94 fobra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
you guys are tripin nates hella cool and he gets screwed and now he is the bad guy [BS flag] nate you can kick it around my fam [Big Grin]

--------------------
Im done with this ford vs chevy fight with "cafords" members. Aka big block 66 f100 but she's no longer:(

N8
¯
Member # 6048

quote:
Originally posted by Big block 66 f100:
you guys are tripin nates hella cool and he gets screwed and now he is the bad guy [BS flag] nate you can kick it around my fam [Big Grin]

You sure man? I eat babies.
sic70stang
CAFords OG
Member # 4347

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sic70stang  Ford pictures for sic70stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
sounds like this fasthatch guy was asking to have a confrontation. ducking PMs and not answering the phone. did he think the problem would just go away.

--------------------
The anti-crew
1987 rolling safety violation.

Posts: 6940 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
Jaejae5.0
¯
Member # 7958

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jaejae5.0  Ford pictures for Jaejae5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
n8 your are in no way at fault..dont lets these fools make you think otherwise..im amazed at how you handled the situation..i myself would probably be facing charges of some sort at about this point..or be on the run

--------------------
1987 notchback h/c/i 302 & 70mm turbo SOLD

2000 camaro ss cam only

Posts: 4890 | From: the combustion chamber | Registered: Oct 2007  |  :
94 fobra
¯
Member # 8867

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 94 fobra  Ford pictures for 94 fobra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:
Originally posted by Big block 66 f100:

You sure man? I eat babies.
so your like bruhtha lynch

--------------------
Im done with this ford vs chevy fight with "cafords" members. Aka big block 66 f100 but she's no longer:(

alexdel209
¯
Member # 9239

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for alexdel209  Ford pictures for alexdel209    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
yeah i had bought some parts off dave parts worked fine but sounds like he tried to get over on you with your cobra n8.i understand you being mad just hope it all gets dealt with in your favor
BlowN67
¯
Member # 4229

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlowN67  Ford pictures for BlowN67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
n8 No offense but seems like when people comment an if it isn't what u want to hear you take it as an attack at you or their mad an getting loud with you. I've read every post from the begging. I'm not taking sides i've delt with both of you before an probably always will. Dave(fasthatch) replaced my motor in my focus for me. went smoothly on my part. An in my eyes if it went down the way you both claim on running up on him throwing your sweater off an getting in his face in front of his wife. then yes i would feel that my wife would be threating at that time as well.

On another note: have you had experience with Turbo50? I have great guy would love to pick his brain over some beers. just asking cause seems like your doing what you did with fasthatch if you haven't done business with turbo50(going with everyones words about him) great guy does great work. just saying .02 only. no sides both people involved here cool dudes would hangout anytime.

--------------------
AIM gonein67 JOHN
* californiafords.com
* corral.net
* foureyedpride.com
* yellowbullet.com
* theturboforums.com

Posts: 9809 | From: Home of LARD | Registered: Mar 2004  |  :
hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:

Not to dig this up again. But my wife and brother fell out of their seats laughing when I told them you said this. They both said the same thing at the same time. "What they think you the fucking boogey man"....it was funny as hell.
You are not the person you try to portray yourself as. It's clear post after post.... The real Nate is not who he claims he is.

On a side note, how much are you out of pocket for the work paid to Dave and how much to Lee?

[ February 06, 2010, 11:21 PM: Message edited by: hidnn.o.s. ]

N8
¯
Member # 6048

quote:
Originally posted by BlowN67:
n8 No offense but seems like when people comment an if it isn't what u want to hear you take it as an attack at you or their mad an getting loud with you. I've read every post from the begging. I'm not taking sides i've delt with both of you before an probably always will. Dave(fasthatch) replaced my motor in my focus for me. went smoothly on my part. An in my eyes if it went down the way you both claim on running up on him throwing your sweater off an getting in his face in front of his wife. then yes i would feel that my wife would be threating at that time as well.

On another note: have you had experience with Turbo50? I have great guy would love to pick his brain over some beers. just asking cause seems like your doing what you did with fasthatch if you haven't done business with turbo50(going with everyones words about him) great guy does great work. just saying .02 only. no sides both people involved here cool dudes would hangout anytime.

Just dont want no one to seem like I am the boogie man. And every post that was against me was due to some personal preference. People are welcome to have their opinion. I am a talkative mofo, so there is no harm no foul. You obviously talked to him about the situation. And its one of those you have to be there to understand fully. but if I sat you down and talked you through the sequence. You will be saying "why didnt you whoop on him". Just like everyone else has said that I have actually talked to personally about it.

But essentially yes I am taking the word of several people that Dan will do me right. Just so you know and everyone knows. Dan was my first choice. Only reason I did not go with him in the first place is because of timing nothing to do with money. He was booked for a loooong time. but look what happened I am back where I should have been. Plus I have chatted him up on stuff before. Plus a guy that is willing to not only do, but show how to do and let me involve my son in it. I am sure has my best interest in mind. So yes I feel fully comfortable with him.

All together I am out about 1200 between tow, parts, head work and paid money. The head work is a wash he provided the receipt so I am good there. Parts are a semi wash. Tow is a wash. Only part in question is the 360 I paid directly to him. Which I am not even asking for that full amount back. If you want to call me so you can get a clear glimpse of how everything went down feel free to call me. Its easier to say than type.

N8
¯
Member # 6048

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:

You are not the person you try to portray yourself as. It's clear post after post.... The real Nate is not who he claims he is.

On a side note, how much are you out of pocket for the work paid to Dave and how much to Lee?

I am real curious to know how you portray me. I never put myself out there as a gangster. Never put myself out there as a bully. I have put myself out there as a cheap bastard tho. Anyway regardless if I was the boogeyman. I still got wronged by someone. That is what i do not understand about the detractors or folks who think I am wrong. they think I am wrong because of things I posted in various other posts. So now I am prime pickings to be got over on I guess. But like they say for every 6 that like you there is one that dont. I can live with those odds.
BlowN67
¯
Member # 4229

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlowN67  Ford pictures for BlowN67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i havent talked to no one about this my life soccer right now. Dont know if you noticed but i dont post. just me

--------------------
AIM gonein67 JOHN
* californiafords.com
* corral.net
* foureyedpride.com
* yellowbullet.com
* theturboforums.com

N8
¯
Member # 6048

quote:
Originally posted by BlowN67:
i havent talked to no one about this my life soccer right now. Dont know if you noticed but i dont post. just me

oh I must have mentioned that I threw off my sweater somewhere in this thread. My apologies. That seemed like a vivid detail i do not remember saying to anyone.

BTW, folks for some reason I cannot see posts on my threads in ford sale. So I cannot see what is being posted. If you have a lead on a shortblock please pm me. Or if what you are saying is important, please pm me.

[ February 06, 2010, 11:45 PM: Message edited by: N8 ]

BlowN67
¯
Member # 4229

nope u didnt say it. an no i haven't talked to anyone about it just reading the posts very awareness person i am. page 5 first post from fasthatch in the decription on the bottom to clearify my orginal postings.

EDIT: I'm also have troubles with the fordsale section. as for motor i would get 87-92 with forged pistons instead of the hypers in the 94's just me.

[ February 06, 2010, 11:56 PM: Message edited by: BlowN67 ]

--------------------
AIM gonein67 JOHN
* californiafords.com
* corral.net
* foureyedpride.com
* yellowbullet.com
* theturboforums.com

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post 
On page 5 you noted you didn't pay him $100 toward the bill, as that was what Lee charged for the tow? Being you're now saying you'll leave Lee out of this and exonerate him of this, have you paid Lee that $100 to clear it up?

I do think you're due "some" money toward "labor" you paid him. I never said "you're at fault" for all of this, I noted a percentage. No, I'm not going to put a number on it, just my feeling after reading all 7 pages in this thread.

It seems as if Dave felt he should have included a cam in the initial estimate but didn't because you wanted to do this fast and cheap. (JUST MY OPINION FROM READING THE THREAD **AND** YOUR PRIVATE MESSAGES YOU SENT HIM.) Seems when all was said and done he realized a cam, or additional work, was in line. You seem to have intimidated him, so HE OFFERED TO absorb all labor charges if you supply the cam & install parts, just so he can get the cam installed and job done right. He was afraid to come out and say you NEED a cam, or additional work, as well and after offering services for free he realized you wouldn't be happy, so he bailed, possibly out of fear? The way you present yourself may have intimidated him, which I'm thinking you're blind to anyway. Handled differently, I think he'd have come out and kicked you some labor costs back, but after you got big on him and all this "handle with my fist bullshit," I think he's smart to cut all ties with you and move on. When everyone calms down, you being the igniter, I think he'd kick you some money back from labor charges, AMMICABLY (sp?)

This has been my Dr. Phil moment. I've never met Dave or Nate in person and have never spoken to anyone about either party who has any personal dealings with them.

When someone said this puts my heater core installs in question, oh well. I require the cars to be in my possesion for 4-5 hours, as I do not rush and often end up going through my hardware, re-installing misc nuts and bolts previous people have left out. I've turned down people asking me to match Dave's price (WHICH IS A WHOPPING $50 LESS THAN MINE) for obvious reasons.

I've also put up in my post all of the personal quotes from every member here I've done a heater core install for.

[ February 07, 2010, 12:09 AM: Message edited by: hidnn.o.s. ]

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

losbadgts
¯
Member # 4394

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for losbadgts  Ford pictures for losbadgts    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hey n8 this is the way i see it, i think you are trying to hard to explain yourself to everyone in here, just let it go and look the other way, lesson was learn not to trust the cheapest house mechanic. like i said before just get your engine rebuilt and dont deal with the hassle of buying a use engine cause u will never know 100%.

--------------------
Why pretent someone u are not, everyone else could see it.

Posts: 3625 | From: redwood city | Registered: Apr 2004  |  :
N8
¯
Member # 6048

quote:
On page 5 you noted you didn't pay him $100 toward the bill, as that was what Lee charged for the tow? Being you're now saying you'll leave Lee out of this and exonerate him of this, have you paid Lee that $100 to clear it up?

I do think you're due "some" money toward "labor" you paid him. I never said "you're at fault" for all of this, I noted a percentage. No, I'm not going to put a number on it, just my feeling after reading all 7 pages in this thread.

It seems as if Dave felt he should have included a cam in the initial estimate but didn't because you wanted to do this fast and cheap. (JUST MY OPINION FROM READING THE THREAD **AND** YOUR PRIVATE MESSAGES YOU SENT HIM.) Seems when all was said and done he realized a cam, or additional work, was in line. You seem to have intimidated him, so HE OFFERED TO absorb all labor charges if you supply the cam & install parts, just so he can get the cam installed and job done right. He was afraid to come out and say you NEED a cam, or additional work, as well and after offering services for free he realized you wouldn't be happy, so he bailed, possibly out of fear? The way you present yourself may have intimidated him, which I'm thinking you're blind to anyway. Handled differently, I think he'd have come out and kicked you some labor costs back, but after you got big on him and all this "handle with my fist bullshit," I think he's smart to cut all ties with you and move on. When everyone calms down, you being the igniter, I think he'd kick you some money back from labor charges, AMMICABLY (sp?)

This has been my Dr. Phil moment. I've never met Dave or Nate in person and have never spoken to anyone about either party who has any personal dealings with them.

When someone said this puts my heater core installs in question, oh well. I require the cars to be in my possesion for 4-5 hours, as I do not rush and often end up going through my hardware, re-installing misc nuts and bolts previous people have left out. I've turned down people asking me to match Dave's price (WHICH IS A WHOPPING $50 LESS THAN MINE) for obvious reasons.

I've also put up in my post all of the personal quotes from every member here I've done a heater core install for.

I will leave you be after this. But if you read the thread that you are quoting and the pm. It says Lee has attached the 100 owed to a tow job he will be doing for me. So that is why I did not give to Dave. So yes Lee is getting his cash, just waiting to see when he is available for the tow.

Also the point you keep missing is that no intimidation ever ever happened until I was already burned. And the cam didnt come up until I was already burned. So at any time he could have said the cam was at fault. Matter of fact he said the contrary and said it was a optional fix that would make my car faster. Which I have no desire for. So due to my home purchase I opted out of a optional fix. I have maintained this throughout my story. But it is cool man, I would still invite you to my family BBQ's...lol.

Losbads, I am just a talkative mofo. I am not trying to change any minds. I am just trying to keep this bumped to the top. [Big Grin]

[ February 07, 2010, 12:23 AM: Message edited by: N8 ]

BlowN67
¯
Member # 4229

so if i read right he called you said the car was done, you picked it up drove AWAY the battery died you contated dave he met you told you he would look at the charging system. Stole your battery called again saying it was done or what happens next.

--------------------
AIM gonein67 JOHN
* californiafords.com
* corral.net
* foureyedpride.com
* yellowbullet.com
* theturboforums.com

N8
¯
Member # 6048

he called said it was done (at this point there was no tension). came car had a crazy sound. but I trusted when he said the car sounds would go away and that if they didn't by the following friday he would take care of it. so I drove 2 blocks car cuts off at gas station (jerks violently before). it is now I realize battery was not mine when I pop hood. I am thinking it was a mistake. so I pay no mind because he said he is gonna fix car (still no tension occurred no mention of cam or nothing either). then I get the call my battery is bad and the noise is because low voltage (still no tension or mention of cam). I am still thinking maybe it is truly my battery is bad not the one that was in the car at the time I saw it (still no tension or mention of cam). but the next time I see the car it is at dans house and it still has his battery from the night it stalled with me and I realize through discussions he was referring to this battery being bad the wbole time. but I never have bought a costco battery ever. I can prove this car had a yellow top autozone battery to.

btw...it was only ever deemed fixed once. next time I saw the ca r it was at dans. even worse than I saw it before it stalled on me

[ February 07, 2010, 12:58 AM: Message edited by: N8 ]

Page: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11   
Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com