Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Dave/Fasthatch is a hack mechanic *get your popcorn* (Page 6)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11   
Author Topic: Dave/Fasthatch is a hack mechanic *get your popcorn*
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by hidnn.o.s.:
Nate, from the PM's listed I do put you at "part fault" completely. You're being cheap with this work, demanding refunds, paperwork, being a prick in front of someones family etc. I don't blame anyone for "cutting ties" after seeing "how you get down."

Move on, pay good money for quality repairs and happily drive your Mustang. You did get some work for the money you paid, so you are not worse off (that may not make sense to you in your current state of mind.) The work may have exaserbated (sp?) a problem that wasn't so big, but now the car is in trusted hands.

You and your son can enjoy a strong running car, goodluck Nate! Stop acting like you're always the victim man.

For the record, I do not know Dave IN ANY WAY SHAPE OR FORM! He was undercutting my heater core replacement prices but I've got the feedback I do so no worries at all!

**edit: Regarding the car being promised to be indoors etc, that's not cool unless you were told when the car was dropped off or prior. I've done two heater cores for people who've left their cars in my possession/garage for a weekend, not a chance would I have taken them out of the garage for more than a car wash (to be nice.)

Ok you missed the point and are waaaay off base. The receipt thing was something agreed to way in advance. And this is because if I ever sell the car I want proof stuff was done. So it was not nothing new. Also I never was cheap with him not one bit. He said it needed to be fixed I pnied up the cash or parts to have it done. He offered the cam fix as a upgrade that would make my car faster. Those that know me know I dont care about that. It was one of those "well while we are doing this may was well do that kind of repair". Also no physical confrontation occurred until after I was told my car was fixed and it was not. Then he proceeded to duck and lie to me. And finally good money was paid to him to fix my car, not make it worse. he problem between him and I only happened after I was told my car was done. So if you believe he is entitled to keep my money that I paid for the repairs all good to you. But I know you will never fix anything of mine nor will I purchase anything from you. Maybe you misunderstand the situation but whatever. If you take your repairs to him your a fool. Even Lee his business partner is mind boggled behind this one.

Also did I mention he swapped my battery and put a dent in my car...lol. Now I think about it. Your a joke if you think I am at fault.

Read the entire thread before the comment, as the pms posted were to discredit his point about something. They were in no ways a total summary what transpired. Also you can PM dan, lee or herman, for a summary of the condition my car is now compared to what is delivered to him in. I mean shit wasnt even tightened down. Dan quickly pointed ou shotty work 10 secs of having the hood popped. But according to you that is money well spent and I should move on...lol [Roll Eyes]

Read the full thread.

[ February 06, 2010, 06:04 PM: Message edited by: N8 ]

Yaterstang
¯
Member # 7659

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yaterstang  Ford pictures for Yaterstang  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
 -
68bullitt390
¯
Member # 9707

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 68bullitt390  Ford pictures for 68bullitt390  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
you crank your "pedestal" rockers down to 100lbs, it aint gonna run, your gonna ruin a motor and have bent pushrods, done it been there... try it sometime, its fun... I've been wrenching on 5.0's since '84, not just reading books and magazines.

--------------------
Morte_prima_dishonre

ice
¯
Member # 9737

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ice  Ford pictures for ice    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Luke87GT:
quote:
Originally posted by ice:
Ckeck my IP lol Ive never been a member here friends are and Ive lurked for a long time.

You don't need to tell anyone here that you've lurked here for a long time. Several people above already pointed that out.
Oh, I wasnt aware people knew me so well lol. Whatever "they" say we will believe. Youre right, Im wrong, youre handsome, Im ugly, youre smart, Im dumb etc... you win bud.
Posts: 60 | From: cummings sisters | Registered: Jan 2010  |  :
gray03gt
¯
Member # 6427

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for gray03gt  Ford pictures for gray03gt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
1. Bragging about how good your hands are, posting specs on your weightlifting to a board full of men, bragging about your near 100k success, etc, doesn't look very mature. You didn't handle this maturely and it shows through all your tough guy threats. Running up on a guy in front of his wife isn't how a business owner should hold himself.

I don't know Fasthatch but have worked with all of AED, JohnB, TopNotch, Newtech, Nextgen, etc. There have been small issues with all of these shops/people but there are no hard feelings or things that haven't been handled and I still get help from them to this day.

It sounds like your living beyond your own means. Being strapped for less than $500 to work on your car is not a good situation regardless if your buying a house or not. After building 3 mustangs pretty much from the ground up each with well over $20k in parts alone, I can tell you that you get what you pay for, and you gotta pay to play.

sic70stang
CAFords OG
Member # 4347

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sic70stang  Ford pictures for sic70stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
are you the dude that called the guys that worked at nextgen monkeys?

--------------------
The anti-crew
1987 rolling safety violation.

Posts: 6940 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by gray03gt:
1. Bragging about how good your hands are, posting specs on your weightlifting to a board full of men, bragging about your near 100k success, etc, doesn't look very mature. You didn't handle this maturely and it shows through all your tough guy threats. Running up on a guy in front of his wife isn't how a business owner should hold himself.

I don't know Fasthatch but have worked with all of AED, JohnB, TopNotch, Newtech, Nextgen, etc. There have been small issues with all of these shops/people but there are no hard feelings or things that haven't been handled and I still get help from them to this day.

It sounds like your living beyond your own means. Being strapped for less than $500 to work on your car is not a good situation regardless if your buying a house or not. After building 3 mustangs pretty much from the ground up each with well over $20k in parts alone, I can tell you that you get what you pay for, and you gotta pay to play.

lol....you combined a millions posts into one.
1. I never said I was strapped for cash not a once. If he would have said it was necessary the cash was there. But it was nothing needed as he said so I bypassed it. I am not interested in going fast.

2. Running up on him was necessary to catch him, because of the bullshit he was pulling. When I caught him, he just lied about where he was at and was attempting to avoid me meanwhile my car was stranded at a gas station and he was not taking my calls. Oh yea prior to that he had murmured something obscene towards me and hung up. Hell yea I ran up on his ass.

3. Yes I make over 100k, yes I bench over 400, yes I box and have never been afraid to fight. So. And? Is that a reason for me to be done wrong? Everyone that has met me and those that havent will tell you I am cool as the other side of the bed. Not a one person can tell you that I am a ass or does anything shady to anyone. And most anything I post in regards to or reply to a thread. There was a 100k post and 6 pages of people posted their income yet I am immature. There was a thread about lifting weights and p90. $ pages of people posting their stats yet I am wrong. I get 5 requests for advice by pm about me shredding to cruiserweight and before and after shots. I post a pic and my experience now I am immature. Someone posts thread about "what do you do for a living" I post that I am a programmer and run my own studio along side of dozens of people that post their occupation yet I am immature.

4. Mustangs are a side hobby for me. I have no need for 20k of parts in it. I would much prefer spending that money on rack servers or my render farm. But because I didnt feel the need to pony up for a fix that was not detrimental to my problem at the time. I am living outside my means...wow, I love opinions but man...lol

So the moral of the story is everyone is welcomed to their opinion and I appreciate yours. And if you feel he is right and I am wrong so be it. If you want to trust him and you would recommend him to friends and family so be it. But best believe that I am human as anyone else. I got irate, lost my temper and almost put my freedom and his health in jeopardy. Am I wrong for that? Yes, because in a court of law I would have no recourse. I will accept that. But if you are saying I deserve the treatment I received. For that I fly the [BS flag]

[ February 06, 2010, 07:24 PM: Message edited by: N8 ]

SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

I don't know Fasthatch but have worked with all of AED, JohnB, TopNotch, Newtech, Nextgen, etc. There have been small issues with all of these shops/people but there are no hard feelings or things that haven't been handled and I still
get help from them to this day.

It sounds like your living beyond your own means. Being
strapped for less than $500 to work on your car is not a good
situation regardless if your buying a house or not. After
building 3 mustangs pretty much from the ground up each
with well over $20k in parts alone, I can tell you that you get
what you pay for, and you gotta pay to play.

I couldn't have put it better.

--------------------
Originally posted by turbo50:
I have no intenions of keeping anyones parts or taking anyones money.

N8
¯
Member # 6048

quote:
Originally posted by slowback67:
quote:

I don't know Fasthatch but have worked with all of AED, JohnB, TopNotch, Newtech, Nextgen, etc. There have been small issues with all of these shops/people but there are no hard feelings or things that haven't been handled and I still

Mine is put better. [Big Grin]
bigjerry
¯
Member # 6033

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bigjerry  Ford pictures for bigjerry  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by slowback67:
quote:

+ 2

--------------------
89 GT vert in progress ....

Posts: 433 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Sep 2005  |  :
SAMACH1
¯
Member # 7042

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SAMACH1  Ford pictures for SAMACH1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:

lol....you combined a millions posts into one.
1. I never said I was strapped for cash not a once. If he would have said it was necessary the cash was there. But it was nothing needed as he said so I bypassed it. I am not interested in going fast.

2. Running up on him was necessary to catch him, because of the bullshit he was pulling. When I caught him, he just lied about where he was at and was attempting to avoid me meanwhile my car was stranded at a gas station and he was not taking my calls. Oh yea prior to that he had murmured something obscene towards me and hung up. Hell yea I ran up on his ass.

3. Yes I make over 100k, yes I bench over 400, yes I box and have never been afraid to fight. So. And? Is that a reason for me to be done wrong? Everyone that has met me and those that havent will tell you I am cool as the other side of the bed. Not a one person can tell you that I am a ass or does anything shady to anyone. And most anything I post in regards to or reply to a thread. There was a 100k post and 6 pages of people posted their income yet I am immature. There was a thread about lifting weights and p90. $ pages of people posting their stats yet I am wrong. I get 5 requests for advice by pm about me shredding to cruiserweight and before and after shots. I post a pic and my experience now I am immature. Someone posts thread about "what do you do for a living" I post that I am a programmer and run my own studio along side of dozens of people that post their occupation yet I am immature.

4. Mustangs are a side hobby for me. I have no need for 20k of parts in it. I would much prefer spending that money on rack servers or my render farm. But because I didnt feel the need to pony up for a fix that was not detrimental to my problem at the time. I am living outside my means...wow, I love opinions but man...lol

So the moral of the story is everyone is welcomed to their opinion and I appreciate yours. And if you feel he is right and I am wrong so be it. If you want to trust him and you would recommend him to friends and family so be it. But best believe that I am human as anyone else. I got irate, lost my temper and almost put my freedom and his health in jeopardy. Am I wrong for that? Yes, because in a court of law I would have no recourse. I will accept that. But if you are saying I deserve the treatment I received. For that I fly the [BS flag]

I guess youre supposed to just get the vaseline out and take it according to these guys [Confused] [Confused] [Confused] ... good thing you didnt do anything stupid, not saying he didnt deserve it....

--------------------
- STREET ACTIONS CC -
Advanced Auto Built
Bob Kurgan Tuned

N8
¯
Member # 6048

quote:

Just wanted to add, outside of your obvious disdain for me behind things that have nothing to do with this situation (weights, income...). I treated Dave with nothing but respect. I never questioned his motives or recommendations, so much so I listened to him when he went against Lees recommendation and then even still gave him the benefit of the the doubt when he doubled back and said the problem was the cam (oh but you guys said I deserve that...lol). Keep in mind we only had a problem when he dogged me out and then tried to hide from me. Not a one problem. If he had said Nate you need a new motor. Guess what I would ponying up for a new motor and he would have been putting it in. I took him as a man of his word is my only fault. My only FAULT. You mention AED, JohnB.... I bet things wee handled in a respectful and professional manner. Not lying, hiding and avoidance. So the problem here is you guys are comparing apples and oranges. But what I need to keep in mind is the guys commenting against me are the ones that have not met me personally. Ask around, I am not some internet tough guy that bullies and brags. I am cool as fuck, if I werent me I would wanna be my best friend. I am that cool. [Big Grin]

But back to topic. The dude is incompetent and I would not recommend him. "."

[ February 06, 2010, 07:47 PM: Message edited by: N8 ]

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
I know you will never fix anything of mine nor will I purchase anything from you.

Even Lee his business partner is mind boggled behind this one.

I'VE READ EVERY SINGLE POST IN THIS THREAD THE ENTIRE TIME! I'm educated on this thread as it's been posted and also educated on your posts over the previous 6 months.

You keep saying Lee is his "business partner." Do him and Lee own a business together or does he simply fix a few cars here and there for Lee? I used to be pretty good friends with Lee long ago and I don't know of him being in any actual business. I've never known Dave, but I've known Lee, he's a good person, did he do anything on this car you're aware of to wrong you?

And DO NOT WORRY NATE, there isn't a chance in hell I'd replace a heater core for you if you offered to give me the money upfront. It's not worth the headache that comes with it. I've seen how you've spoken to people on here lately, not a chance I'd want you near my family. My own personal choice man.

Enjoy the car you'll have when it's done and don't cut corners or think (portray) any of these new people owe you anything.

N8
¯
Member # 6048

lol..I am glad you read the posts. Now I feel your opinion is indeed a full one. And it is appreciated. I never had a issue with you and if you feel the need to lash out go ahead. I have obviously slighted you at some point. Lee and I have no qualms and I plan to still do business with him. And if you had "read" every post you will see that I have exonerated him of any thing to do with this.

Also ya'll making it sound like I threatened his wife, or injured his next of kin or something. "I will never let you around my family"...interesting comment. But right on man. You can tell your kids I am the monster under the bed or whatever floats your boat. Again you have an obvious disdain for me personally. That I do not believe translates well to this topic. So you can feel free to start your own, pm me or call me.

btw, Lee said he was his biz partner. I am not making this up. Lee's world is golden to me. So I went with it. I have spoke to lee on many occasion about this but only out of necessity because he is the only way I can talk to Dave. And I plan still deal with Lee in other ways as you are correct he has done nothing to me.

You sound unusually angry btw.

[ February 06, 2010, 08:13 PM: Message edited by: N8 ]

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post 
Nate, I have no disdain for you. A year ago I'd have gone down and hooped it up with you no worries. I'm not one (any more) to give my .02 on a thread unless I've read the whole thing. I just don't care for your outlook on things lately.

You've said your piece, it'll only piss you of more to continue answering the few that will only post to get a reaction out of you. Handle the rest over pm's or phone calls. Everyone knows Dave will not answer his phone, and they know the work he's done on your car. No point in posting any more on the subject. You're just going to get the ass holes posting for a reaction.

Goodluck

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

quote:
Originally posted by hidnn.o.s.:
Handle the rest over pm's or phone calls.

Before you go there, NO I'M NOT TELLING YOU WHAT DO TO.

Just my .02

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

90GT510
¯
Member # 9199

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90GT510  Ford pictures for 90GT510    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Fact of the matter is, Dave is shady. If someone says they will do this and that to your car, no matter what price, the job should be done right. Not with bolts hand tied and not torqued down. And in N8s case a mistreated car. Sorry to hear it man, i bet it feels violating.
Posts: 1725 | From: East Bay/Dallas, TX | Registered: May 2009  |  :
86- 50
TEAM PLATINUM
Member # 4723

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 86- 50  Ford pictures for 86- 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I commend N8 for threating face to face instead of all the keyboard warriors we got on here, and since when did being with your wife make it worse to get threatened, i can see your kids but your wife [BS flag] ?, Now back to topic hidnos your coming off a little hard on someone that just got done completely wrong by a fellow member on here, and since you offer your services for heater cores you shouldn't like it either because it makes people question the whole sidework community on cafords.

--------------------
My baby:88gt 347 stroker

RIP MATT, Gone but never forgotten

TEAM PLATINUM

blown95svt
¯
Member # 8893

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for blown95svt  Ford pictures for blown95svt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by 68bullitt390:
you crank your "pedestal" rockers down to 100lbs, it aint gonna run, your gonna ruin a motor and have bent pushrods, done it been there... try it sometime, its fun... I've been wrenching on 5.0's since '84, not just reading books and magazines.

I'm guessing your not a mechanic for a shop? Because the amount of tourqe on a ped rocker doesn't determin any kind of ajustment! If it was ajustable stud mounts then ya, all the valves will be held open. But you seem like you need to do a Lil more reaserch bud!

--------------------
95 cobra blown 331 gr40 suspension
***NEED QUALITY WORK FOR HALF THE PRICE? I DO SIDE JOBS! PM FOR DETAILS***
www.norcalmotorcompany.com

Posts: 1434 | From: roseville | Registered: Jan 2009  |  :
Yaterstang
¯
Member # 7659

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yaterstang  Ford pictures for Yaterstang  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Whether or not Nates a braggart, roided up, racist gorilla doesnt mean some asshole wannabe mechanic is allowed to allow a customer to be completely unhappy about the work or the service they were paid for. When you take on a job you take on a customer regardless of whether or not you are license or own your own business. Sounds like all Nate wants is some money back and then be done with it. He's got an attitude about it because the way the deal went down was shady as hell. And now because he called him out on the overall quality of his work, dude ducks and dodges him instead of contacting him to solve the situation where he can be happy? The end result is too one sided for anybody to ignore because in the end Dr. Shadetree still has his money and the customer remains unhappy. [BS flag]
N8
¯
Member # 6048

quote:
Originally posted by Yaterstang:
Whether or not Nates a braggart, roided up, racist gorilla doesnt mean some asshole wannabe mechanic is allowed to allow a customer to be completely unhappy about the work or the service they were paid for. When you take on a job you take on a customer regardless of whether or not you are license or own your own business. Sounds like all Nate wants is some money back and then be done with it. He's got an attitude about it because the way the deal went down was shady as hell. And now because he called him out on the overall quality of his work, dude ducks and dodges him instead of contacting him to solve the situation where he can be happy? The end result is too one sided for anybody to ignore because in the end Dr. Shadetree still has his money and the customer remains unhappy. [BS flag]

this....I am not sure how people cannot see beyond my views or muscles...lol. To see that I was wronged.
sac 5.0
¯
Member # 2980

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sac 5.0  Ford pictures for sac 5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
come on now/////when you go buy a new car do they say it will make noise till it breaks in.........get real you are a fool if you belive that.do they say you breaks will make noise till they break in.....how do you get a exhaust leak then go to getting your heads machined to getting a cam to a rod knock.......if its in good hands know good for you just chalk it up as a loss.keep lees name out of it if you dont blame him.why bring his name up if you dont blame him?
and no i dont know any of you guys but if you dont know what is wrong with a car why would you trust some no name on some web site you go on that you have never met...........

Yaterstang
¯
Member # 7659

quote:
Originally posted by sac 5.0:
come on now/////when you go buy a new car do they say it will make noise till it breaks in.........get real you are a fool if you belive that.do they say you breaks will make noise till they break in.....how do you get a exhaust leak then go to getting your heads machined to getting a cam to a rod knock.......if its in good hands know good for you just chalk it up as a loss.keep lees name out of it if you dont blame him.why bring his name up if you dont blame him?
and no i dont know any of you guys but if you dont know what is wrong with a car why would you trust some no name on some web site you go on that you have never met...........

Very true, but the whole reason this board was setup was to help others connect with supposed experts or people with experience with a problem that you have on your ford. People do meet each other on the board with no other contact than posting on this message board and we expect them to be stand up people based on their experiences with other members of the board. So when someone fucks you up, guess what?

[ February 06, 2010, 09:06 PM: Message edited by: Yaterstang ]

sac 5.0
¯
Member # 2980

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sac 5.0  Ford pictures for sac 5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
so now with him looking for a short block or long block,and does not fresshin it up,and it does not last 100k is he gonna be pissed about that to?he wants to get another one cause its more coost effective?come on now that sounds like asking for a headache.
i understand about meeting new people i have met a couple of great friends on here,two ran a shop together but i did not bring them my car till i actually seen there work with my eyes and hung out with them.

N8
¯
Member # 6048

quote:
Originally posted by sac 5.0:

a. I hold Lee non-accountable. But he is Lee's go to guy for work. And this is as startling to Lee as it is to me.

b. I trust Lee's word and still do. I know Lee and have done business with him. So no I did not take it to some no name guy. I bought to some who recommended him. And the recommendation came from a trusted source.

c. I admit I was wrong for trusting Dave and his assessment. And my car is not a new car so bad analogy. But to my defense, I was listening to my wife who always says I never give a situation a chance. To quick to react. She told me to chill and give him the benefit of the doubt...lol.

d. "how do you get a exhaust leak then go to getting your heads machined to getting a cam to a rod knock......." .. Thats the million dollar question.

e. "chalk it up", honestly I have. But will I stop screaming it from the mountain top? probably not.

Look ya'll Dave is in no imminent danger, I am not gonna touch him. I am not some monster that hides under your kids bed. I am not Rambro. I am customer that was done wrong. Funny the view some of you guys have of me. I find it interesting actually.

Page: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11   
Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com