Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Dave/Fasthatch is a hack mechanic *get your popcorn* (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4  ...  9  10  11   
Author Topic: Dave/Fasthatch is a hack mechanic *get your popcorn*
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Do not, I repeat Do not go to Dave/Fasthatch for anything mechanical related. He is incompetent, a liar, unprofessional and just all around lame.

I took my car to him with what sounded like a exhaust leak only to be returned to me with a rod-knock. This has been verified by Dan. Lee was the one that towed my car and witnessed that my car did not leave in this condition (also Herman witnessed). So now not only am I out the money I paid in parts and shit to him (more on this). But I am also out time and gas. Then to top it off now I have to buy a short block and pay another mechanic to fix his bullshit. AVOID GOING TO HIM AT ALL COST. He completely misdiagnosed my car then proceeded to just throw fixes/parts at it. He literally has no clue what hell he is doing, although he may be book smart. But applying his knowledge is a different thing. Oh and I forgot to add a thief. Fool swapped batteries with me, then told me my battery was bad. I bet you are saying to yourself "Nate why didnt you just stomp him out". Well that was gonna happen. Lucky for him my wife got out of the car preventing me from doing just that. Also he bought my car over to Dan's house and he did so earlier than he let on as to avoid me. Dave you missed me be mere minutes. Which is good because I am now gonna give you a chance to set this right and we will avoid any other contact. Since you will not take my calls or answer my PM's contact Lee for the deal I am willing to make. Or if you are a man you will contact me directly and we can settle this out and have a amicable split.

Ill run down the shit he did or didnt do:

Never stored my car inside like promised
My car has dent on the rear bumper cover
He left hell shit loose
My car is in worse condition than when I bought it to him
He lied about his where abouts and tried to avoid meeting up with me
He lied about family issues to duck me
He mis-diagnosed my car despite Lee telling him exactly what was wrong.
He had my car for far longer than was supposed to.
Didnt provide receipts fr work he said was done (heads)

Like I said Dave we both men, you should be able to handle this is a grown up manner. But my assumption is you are gonna coward away and avoid the subject or me. But Karma will catch up to you if you dont right this. I will make sure of it. You make it right, we cut ties and let it go.

Big ups to Dan for stepping in and helping me with this. Now I feel my car is where it is supposed to be. Big ups to Lee for taking my calls and being the go between since Dave wont contact me directly. Although Lee I think it is time for you to get another business partner playa.

Dave you got my number.....get at me.

PS anyone got a known good short-block for sale?

[ February 04, 2010, 10:25 PM: Message edited by: N8 ]

5.0_707
¯
Member # 5893

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5.0_707  Ford pictures for 5.0_707    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
oooooooooooooooh sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeit!!! been waiting to read what this was about! gl bro
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
damn N8...aint that some shit! I say you handle it. Get your money back and then stop him out! hahaha. Bad business aint no joke...he better man up, because if he dont, I'm sure a few people here know him personally and can lead you directly to him...which may turn ugly for him. HANDLE IT!

--------------------
2013 Boss 302 #356. Performance White. Stock.
1965 Fastback GT Restored to stock spec.

N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by SydeWaySix:
damn N8...aint that some shit! I say you handle it. Get your money back and then stop him out! hahaha. Bad business aint no joke...he better man up, because if he dont, I'm sure a few people here know him personally and can lead you directly to him...which may turn ugly for him. HANDLE IT!

Oh I know where to find him. But I have managed to cool down so I hope he takes the high route and contacts Lee for a amicable remedy. We are both family men and he has to be fully aware of how wrong he is. I know everyone around him is aware (his friends included).

My main message here is not to use him as a mechanic. Not to get off into to some thuggin shit. Because tho I am real good with my hands I prefer we do everything legally. And without injury.

[ February 04, 2010, 10:40 PM: Message edited by: N8 ]

threethirty1
¯
Member # 7814

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for threethirty1  Ford pictures for threethirty1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow that foo use to post all day everyday. he seemed kinda shady, who has time to be on the internet all day besides the unemployed and desperate. But a rod knock jeez that guy needs to pay.

--------------------
1987 Black GT
factory zero option car

blown95svt
¯
Member # 8893

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for blown95svt  Ford pictures for blown95svt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
book smart is one thing! but it doesnt replace experience! sorry to hear that! it always seemed that he knew everything! [Roll Eyes] guess he needs to know how to work on cars for a start! on another note! turbo50 seems like he is the man for the job! he knows his shit, just chatting with him through pms you can tell.

--------------------
95 cobra blown 331 gr40 suspension
***NEED QUALITY WORK FOR HALF THE PRICE? I DO SIDE JOBS! PM FOR DETAILS***
www.norcalmotorcompany.com

Posts: 1434 | From: roseville | Registered: Jan 2009  |  :
90FoX
FoX
Member # 1974

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90FoX  Ford pictures for 90FoX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow! I'm sorry you had to deal with this n8.

[dance]

Book smarts? From my experience with him online he seemed illiterate....just my .02

-

[ February 04, 2010, 10:48 PM: Message edited by: 90FoX ]

Posts: 5364 | From: Shooting Skeet | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
N8
¯
Member # 6048

I talk a lot of shit on the board, but everyone that has met me will tell you I am good peoples. I took him as a man of his word, that is my only wrong I have here. It is people like him that make up the arm pit of this community and the small business community in general. I own a business so I know first hand how to deal with irate customers and make things right. But people like him make it hard for all side business mechanics and independent mechanics. He dont even need to be a part of this community if you ask me.
blown95svt
¯
Member # 8893

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for blown95svt  Ford pictures for blown95svt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by 90FoX:
Wow! I'm sorry you had to deal with this n8.

[dance]

Book smarts? From my experience with him online he seemed illiterate....just my .02

-

ya his spelling/grammar was really bad! but he acted like he knew it all! he didnt.

--------------------

90GTSleeepr
¯
Member # 9609

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90GTSleeepr  Ford pictures for 90GTSleeepr    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What a fucking fag! Fuck fake ass mechanic no it all bitches like Dave. You fucking fake ass bitch! Your shits weak like your fucking skillz, how the fuck do you take your ride to someone and your shit gets worse? Stop smoking/snorting/injecting whatever drugs your on. Now your ducking and dodging like a little fucking coward? You chickenshit dickless piece of shit! Were you born with that mangina or did your dick and balls shrivel up and suck into your body? MAN UP and make this right otherwise you should be banned for life. [BS flag] [BS flag] [BS flag] [BS flag] [BS flag] [BS flag] [BS flag] [BS flag] [BS flag] [Mad]

--------------------
Jon Plummer 916-410-6269 aka 90GTSleeepr aka arrowdetail@hotmail.com aka Nicetwiceautoresto@gmail.com Wanted for business scams

blown95svt
¯
Member # 8893

quote:
Originally posted by 90GTSleeepr:
What a fucking fag! Fuck fake ass mechanic no it all bitches like Dave. You fucking fake ass bitch! Your shits weak like your fucking skillz, how the fuck do you take your ride to someone and your shit gets worse? Stop smoking/snorting/injecting whatever drugs your on. Now your ducking and dodging like a little fucking coward? You chickenshit dickless piece of shit! Were you born with that mangina or did your dick and balls shrivel up and suck into your body? MAN UP and make this right otherwise you should be banned for life. [BS flag] [BS flag] [BS flag] [BS flag] [BS flag] [BS flag] [BS flag] [BS flag] [BS flag] [Mad]

[Eek!] thats some funny shit [patriot]

--------------------

5.0_707
¯
Member # 5893

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5.0_707  Ford pictures for 5.0_707    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by 90GTSleeepr:

[patriot] my sentiments EXACTLY [patriot]
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Like they say, there are 2 sides to every story. I would love to hear his. I would love to see how this can be spun to be my fault.
90GTSleeepr
¯
Member # 9609

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90GTSleeepr  Ford pictures for 90GTSleeepr    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
Like they say, there are 2 sides to every story. I would love to hear his. I would love to see how this can be spun to be my fault.

Yeah N8 your a fucking asshole for thinking that he could actually take care of your vehicle. Then you actually pay the son of a bitch to do work when the fucktard wouldnt have anything else to do except for playing with his my little ponies and barbie dolls. Shame on you for fucking up his playtime. Then you actually question his unquestionable quality of work. You deserve all of this for hooking him up with cash in a bad economy! And it sounds like any other motherfucker that sends his car to him deserves it too!

--------------------
Jon Plummer 916-410-6269 aka 90GTSleeepr aka arrowdetail@hotmail.com aka Nicetwiceautoresto@gmail.com Wanted for business scams

uh0h50
CAFords OG
Member # 3125

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for uh0h50  Ford pictures for uh0h50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Haven't other members had issues with him before? Or am I thinking of somebody else?

Edit: sorry to hear about your misfortunes N8

[ February 04, 2010, 11:03 PM: Message edited by: uh0h50 ]

--------------------
AP1 S2000

Posts: 2926 | From: Bay Area 510 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Well he was recommended by all the right people. Plus Lee introduced him as his business partner. I respect Lee's word so I went with it. He as well cannot believe Dave/Fasthatch went bad on me like this either.
Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nate, sorry to hear about this.

I'm curious, what did he end up doing, and what in your mind was he supposed to do?

Hopefully you guys can get this resolved.

I do think it's time to shake the tough guy threats as I know you are more level headed than that, especially with a family and several homes to protect.

Best of Luck!

--------------------
Stangless

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
bigjerry
¯
Member # 6033

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bigjerry  Ford pictures for bigjerry  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is gonna be intersting to read for the next few days......

--------------------
89 GT vert in progress ....

Posts: 433 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Sep 2005  |  :
N8
¯
Member # 6048

quote:
Originally posted by Luke87GT:

I'm curious, what did he end up doing, and what in your mind was he supposed to do?

I do think it's time to shake the tough guy threats as I know you are more level headed than that, especially with a family and several homes to protect.

Best of Luck!

I have no clue what he did or what he was supposed to do. That was his job. And you are right I do have a ton to lose fucking around with a low-life like this. But like I said it is a extremely good thing my wife stopped me. As time passes my jets will cool, making it easier for us to end this on somewhat a positive note. He can contact me or Lee for what that note is.
89point.
¯
Member # 6078

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89point.  Ford pictures for 89point.    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
fuuck i bought a gun off him lol i mean he did say i was gonna get 400 rounds which i didnt get but he did drop the price a tiny bit.. i better go fire that bitch off now and make sure its all good cause you got me trippin.
N8
¯
Member # 6048

quote:
Originally posted by bigjerry:

Shouldnt go that far. I am hoping Dave will do what is right. But the fact will still remain that he did me wrong on this. And it should be known to all that he is this type of person.
Captain Obvious
¯
Member # 7842

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Captain Obvious  Ford pictures for Captain Obvious    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by bigjerry:

+1 to that.

-
got my refill and im ready for more

[ February 04, 2010, 11:14 PM: Message edited by: 68stanger ]

--------------------
It's NOT illegal. It's just frowned upon, like masturbating on an airplane.

Rigo5.0
¯
Member # 5247

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rigo5.0  Ford pictures for Rigo5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Luke87GT:

Best of Luck!

I agree as well.
I've been in this situation many times and all though you wanna break this guy's neck, it's best to stay calm but keep persistent.

Good luck man!

--------------------
91 5.0 [331|T56]
87 Grand National
02 Z06
08 Challenger SRT8
13 Shelby GT500
00 Lightning
14 Camaro SS

Posts: 1454 | From: Kansas City | Registered: Jan 2005  |  :
asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for asskickn88  Ford pictures for asskickn88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by blown95svt:
book smart is one thing! but it doesnt replace experience!

funk that, I know moron's that have been wrenching for years and still can't do a half ass job using their whole ass! Sucks to hear what happened but hopefully he'll at least explain what happened. If he can man up, admit he made a mistake and fix it then you can't hammer him too hard. I think the witch hunt mentality is what will keep him from coming on here and saying anything though. Good luck with the car N8, at least it's in good hands.

--------------------
Three 540 Bimmers and a 5.0 Explorer.... got a Ford back in the stable!

It's time for the country to do what Obama's own father did.
Abandon him.

Posts: 6069 | From: Rocklin, Ca | Registered: Oct 2004  |  :
N8
¯
Member # 6048

quote:
Originally posted by asskickn88:
quote:
Originally posted by blown95svt:
book smart is one thing! but it doesnt replace experience!

funk that, I know moron's that have been wrenching for years and still can't do a half ass job using their whole ass! Sucks to hear what happened but hopefully he'll at least explain what happened. If he can man up, admit he made a mistake and fix it then you can't hammer him too hard. I think the witch hunt mentality is what will keep him from coming on here and saying anything though. Good luck with the car N8, at least it's in good hands.
I failed to mention that I have extended the olive branch many times before this. But like I said it needs to be known that he did this to me as to prevent him from doing it to another. My goal is not to get a band of folks to ride on him. But then again this is the only way I can communicate with him at the moment. I am sure he will come here to defend himself. As I too want to hear his side of the story.

Page: 1  2  3  4  ...  9  10  11   
Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com