Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Dave/Fasthatch is a hack mechanic *get your popcorn* (Page 11)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11   
Author Topic: Dave/Fasthatch is a hack mechanic *get your popcorn*
5.t0es
¯
Member # 5864

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5.t0es  Ford pictures for 5.t0es    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:
Originally posted by 5.0-srt-4:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by asskickn88:
quote:
im just curious what someone can do to a car to cause a rod knock in a matter or days????????????????????????

I can cause a rod knock in under a min. Who knows what exactly happened, until the old motor is apart and inspected you never know. If the cam was damaged and spreading shavings throughout the block it could cause a rod bearing to spin and produce a knock. There are too many people judging the situation from behind a monitor, until you've actually wrenched on a few cars your opinion doesn't mean shit..... no, changing your oil doesn't count. My honest opinion from what I've read here is the car had an issue before Dave touched it and the rod knock (if that's what it is) manifested itself. This is all just speculation until the motor is inspected. This is one of those unfortunate situations where mechanics end up from time to time. You can get into your car and have the engine spin a bearing on your way to work, the same thing can happen to a mechanic working on your car so pointing the finger and saying he did anything to actually cause the problem is stupid unless you saw him bouncing the car off the red line across an intersection. How it was all handled after the fact is what has N8 upset.
i mean not intentional....i dont see anyway someone can cause that problem without trying or it already be an existing problem....i dont see dave blowing n8s motor up on purpose....thats just me. i hope it gets resolved fasthatch is a cool dude and n8 dont seem like bad people
I am 100% sure that Dave did not blow my motor on purpose. But it did happen on his watch.
good now we established the rod knock isnt daves fault, because if i tow a car into a tire shop(with engine issues) and they fix the tire and pull it out and further an issue or the issue starts it isnt there fault right?
so i dont know i wasnt there but good luck fellas no need to funk.

Well yes an no. Like I said waaaay earlier Lee told me to have a open mind about this and that some things can lead to another. Which it did. And I understood. Now, although not purposely when speaking of the rod-knock. It did happen and the responsibility lies with him. So in no way am I exonerating him of that. But I am also saying I doubt he went in with bad intentions.
no it doesent work like that. i wouldnt fix the rod knock if i was doing work and that happened. unless my work led to it or i caused it which it doesent seem like it did. im off it tho and i speak real i wouldnt even address the rod knock if i was him. good luck getting the real issue resolved homie
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:
quote:
quote:
im just curious what someone can do to a car to cause a rod knock in a matter or days????????????????????????

I can cause a rod knock in under a min. Who knows what exactly happened, until the old motor is apart and inspected you never know. If the cam was damaged and spreading shavings throughout the block it could cause a rod bearing to spin and produce a knock. There are too many people judging the situation from behind a monitor, until you've actually wrenched on a few cars your opinion doesn't mean shit..... no, changing your oil doesn't count. My honest opinion from what I've read here is the car had an issue before Dave touched it and the rod knock (if that's what it is) manifested itself. This is all just speculation until the motor is inspected. This is one of those unfortunate situations where mechanics end up from time to time. You can get into your car and have the engine spin a bearing on your way to work, the same thing can happen to a mechanic working on your car so pointing the finger and saying he did anything to actually cause the problem is stupid unless you saw him bouncing the car off the red line across an intersection. How it was all handled after the fact is what has N8 upset.
i mean not intentional....i dont see anyway someone can cause that problem without trying or it already be an existing problem....i dont see dave blowing n8s motor up on purpose....thats just me. i hope it gets resolved fasthatch is a cool dude and n8 dont seem like bad people
I am 100% sure that Dave did not blow my motor on purpose. But it did happen on his watch.
good now we established the rod knock isnt daves fault, because if i tow a car into a tire shop(with engine issues) and they fix the tire and pull it out and further an issue or the issue starts it isnt there fault right?
so i dont know i wasnt there but good luck fellas no need to funk.

Well yes an no. Like I said waaaay earlier Lee told me to have a open mind about this and that some things can lead to another. Which it did. And I understood. Now, although not purposely when speaking of the rod-knock. It did happen and the responsibility lies with him. So in no way am I exonerating him of that. But I am also saying I doubt he went in with bad intentions.
no it doesent work like that. i wouldnt fix the rod knock if i was doing work and that happened. unless my work led to it or i caused it which it doesent seem like it did. im off it tho and i speak real i wouldnt even address the rod knock if i was him. good luck getting the real issue resolved homie
lol...ok. So you take your car somewhere for a fix it comes out with that fix not fixed and a few other new problems. I am guessing you skate home happy as a lark...yea right. The thought of that is laughable. Like I said earlier at no point was his work scope constricted by me at all. All he had to say was "Nate, while working on this I discovered this. You will need this to fix that". Simple. The degrade of our transaction never happened at the purse strings or customer to mechanic relationship level. It happened at the mechanic to customer relationship level. And asskickin hit it on the head with what sent me spinning.

But I wanted to be fair in my assessment of Dave even tho it is all bad at this point. I do not think he went in with malicious intent.

[ February 08, 2010, 06:14 PM: Message edited by: N8 ]

asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for asskickn88  Ford pictures for asskickn88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
Like I said earlier at no point was his work scope constricted by me at all. All he had to say was "Nate, while working on this I discovered this. You will need this to fix that". Simple. The degrade of our transaction never happened at the purse strings or customer to mechanic relationship level. It happened at the mechanic to customer relationship level. And asskickin hit it on the head with what sent me spinning.

But I wanted to be fair in my assessment of Dave even tho it is all bad at this point. I do not think he went in with malicious intent.

Yeah, its funny how people can't see what the whole thing is about. I have sympathy for Dave being a mechanic myself and having been in this situation before, the outcome is guided by how you handle it. If you call the person and say that there's a problem, invite them over and explain what happened then usually things can be worked out. If you have another problem come up, try and say the car is done, hand the keys back and ignore the problem it becomes much bigger, exactly what we have here. If you try and wash your hands of the whole situation it only makes things worse. If N8 just flew off the handle right from the get go then I'd call a foul on him, but dealing with the situation patiently, finding out he was being lied to and given the run around before loosing it you can't blame him. You have to be honest and upfront with people your doing work for or shit blows up in your face. After the initial lies all trust is gone so no way for Dave to explain that it wasn't his fault.

[ February 08, 2010, 06:42 PM: Message edited by: asskickn88 ]

--------------------
Three 540 Bimmers and a 5.0 Explorer.... got a Ford back in the stable!

It's time for the country to do what Obama's own father did.
Abandon him.

Posts: 6069 | From: Rocklin, Ca | Registered: Oct 2004  |  :
Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
just throwing my 2 cents in, a headgasket swap can cause a bearing issue, if when the block surface was cleaned care wasn't taken to keep debries from getting into the crankcase/oil pan, it could easily get sucked up by the oil pump and mess up bearings.

I recall reading a TSB about what kind of abrasives could be used to clean the head surface recently, I forget if chevy or ford released it, but basically it said a wire wheel can't be used, and only a certain type of abrasive could be used to avoid main bearing failure after the repairs were done.

I always fill the cylinders and intake valley with rags when I prep the block surface, then go over everything with wd-40 and a rag, gotta be really careful.

I'm not saying that's what happened here, but it is totally possible the car went in without rod knock and came out with it.

--------------------
89 LX Notchback ex 4cyl, 14psi
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for asskickn88  Ford pictures for asskickn88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
From the conversation I just had with Dave it looks like there's a huge misunderstanding here. Up until today I've never talked to him, I've only talked to N8. Being a mechanic I can see how something could have happened that was out of his control, I think if both parties would have talked this out things the situation would have come out much better. Hopefully you guys can work this out and close the door on this.

--------------------
Three 540 Bimmers and a 5.0 Explorer.... got a Ford back in the stable!

It's time for the country to do what Obama's own father did.
Abandon him.

Posts: 6069 | From: Rocklin, Ca | Registered: Oct 2004  |  :
925GT50
¯
Member # 2683

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 925GT50  Ford pictures for 925GT50  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So whats the outcome of this whole ordeal? Is Dave going to make it somewhat right?

--------------------
1990 GT hatch (owned since 05')
1988 GT (sold)
1995 SN95 Cobra (totaled/parted)
1995 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am LT1 (daily driver)

89TRUNK
¯
Member # 2506

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89TRUNK  Ford pictures for 89TRUNK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
N8 your pm box is full. Next weekend works for me.
89point.
¯
Member # 6078

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89point.  Ford pictures for 89point.    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well it does seem as if n8 tried to talk to him about the problems, but all his attempted pm's and calls were dodged so therefore the communication was killed... And in any relationship communication is the key. And that's a business, relationship a relationship with your wife whatever. Without communication all is lost.
88DroptopGT
¯
Member # 2535

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 88DroptopGT  Ford pictures for 88DroptopGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
 -
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
From the conversation I just had with Dave it looks like there's a huge misunderstanding here. Up until today I've never talked to him, I've only talked to N8. Being a mechanic I can see how something could have happened that was out of his control, I think if both parties would have talked this out things the situation would have come out much better. Hopefully you guys can work this out and close the door on this.

Well it will never officially close unless he actually speaks directly to me or rights this. He is willing to talk candidly with everyone but me. I really cannot see where I didnt allow ample communication time or opportunity. But if Dave wants to chat it out or make this right he can call me or pm me. I do not think my resolution to the problem was a bad one. I didn't ask for all my money back. I thought it was fair for him to keep a portion, and give a portion back.
50Reasons
¯
Member # 6452

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50Reasons  Ford pictures for 50Reasons    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by 89point.:
this is sooo fucking stupid, it shouldnt matter if he paid a shit load of money or a little bit of money for the work.. this is supposed to be a close comunity(sp) so when somoeone gives you there word that they can do the work then thats exactly what you should get. money shouldnt be the problem here its about someones word. guess that and a hand shake from people dont mean shit anymore. if one of you guys got fuckd over by a shop that you paid hella money at how would it be any different then paying someone less that a repitable(sp) member sent you to. either way he got fuckd and people just want to talk about lifting weights and his
income. what a joke.

And don't forget the dent on the bumper I guess he deserves and the the new bunk battery I guess you get what you pay for ,WHAT THE FUCK ! Are you guys talking about you get what you pay for, so if you pay less you deserve to also have your money taken for no wrk done and a dent and a dead batt that wasn't even his WOW you guys who are on Fastbatch side are fucking retarted! No bullshit if that would of happened to me I would have to act real dumb and kick some ass and get my money back and what ever I thought I deserved that was @ his house! If you want to get over then there's also a chance of people reacting I a negative way right back, not saying if that's right it's just princables sometimes it happens like that , and when you least expect it

--------------------
50Reasons Car Club President
Daniel/50Reasons
http://youtu.be/n_UkDg_F4MQ
https://youtu.be/066xRvxKy-g

Posts: 9483 | From: Sacramento Ca | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
Yaterstang
¯
Member # 7659

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yaterstang  Ford pictures for Yaterstang  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
TTT
fr5.0
¯
Member # 8652

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fr5.0  Ford pictures for fr5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Yaterstang:
TTT

lol

--------------------
MAGA
TRUMP TRAIN!!!!

Posts: 2913 | From: sacramento | Registered: Sep 2008  |  :
Yaterstang
¯
Member # 7659

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yaterstang  Ford pictures for Yaterstang  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Why let such a quality post die?
DARKNIGHT
¯
Member # 6045

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DARKNIGHT  Ford pictures for DARKNIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
come on page 12.... [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

--------------------
1965 Mercury Comet-SOLD
1968 Mustang with Cleveland power
1988 notch-SOLD
1999 merc grand marquis "The White Car"Sold

Posts: 423 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Sep 2005  |  :
bigjerry
¯
Member # 6033

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bigjerry  Ford pictures for bigjerry  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 

--------------------
89 GT vert in progress ....

Posts: 433 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Sep 2005  |  :
slidewayz94
CAFords OG
Member # 3101

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for slidewayz94  Ford pictures for slidewayz94    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
out of popcorn so it's cookies and milk.
slidewayz94
CAFords OG
Member # 3101

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for slidewayz94  Ford pictures for slidewayz94    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
http://www.californiafords.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=4&t=001548&p=42#001025
SFvert
Drama kids have no place here
Member # 3965

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SFvert  Ford pictures for SFvert        Edit/Delete Post 
[Razz]

--------------------
R.I.P. 89 LX Sold the 90 Vert,
I bring the Amber Lamps!!!
[IMG]http://images.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/5/53/Epicbeardmanwin.jpg[/IMG]

Posts: 3706 | From: the city by the bay | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :
BULLITTMAN
¯
Member # 8468

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BULLITTMAN  Ford pictures for BULLITTMAN    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
IN before the old thread lock!!

--------------------
R.I.P Little Bro Willie Guzman (5LTRSVT) 4/24/87 - 11/23/12
01 Bullitt #3102 Stroked and blown
Built and tuned by Shaun at AED
14 Fiesta ST

Pure Stang
¯
Member # 7251

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pure Stang  Ford pictures for Pure Stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
+1 lol someone is board

--------------------
HEART BREAKER

R.I.P Willie Guzman (5ltrsvt) you will be missed brother.
04/24/87 - 11/23/2012

90 lx 347 RIP
86 gt
89 lx- next project

Page: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11   
Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com