Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Dave/Fasthatch is a hack mechanic *get your popcorn* (Page 10)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10  11   
Author Topic: Dave/Fasthatch is a hack mechanic *get your popcorn*
hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Luke87GT:
Nate, I can identify with being wronged, and I can understand you being emotional on the topic and wanting to let others know your negative experience.

With that said, there is a right and a wrong way to put someone on blast, and unfortunately it appears that you could have handled this more effectively.

First and foremost, your story could not have been more confusing to a third party. I read the entire thread and am still confused as to what the sequence of events was. It would have been very helpful to post a clear, unambiguous sequence of events in list format and allow people to make up their own minds.

Next, intimidation is not going to win you support from anyone. Talking about how you should have done this or that but your wife was the voice of reason and she stopped you from handling things physically only has a negative effect. This is not the first thread I've seen you post this sort of thing. I think any average person who is confronted with intimidation or ran up on (not saying you did this), they will either a.) fight b.) cut off all ties. If I felt someone who I was involved in a business venture attempted to physically intimidate me, the bucks stops right there, and the relationship is over. But if someone approaches me, explains the situation calmly, then I will do everything in my power to make things right. Of course, there are no guarantees that the 2nd party will makes things right, even if you do everything right. That is what small claims court is for (could be another GREAT experience for your son to see the judicial system at work first-hand as I know you are eager to educate him).

I also notice that you are throwing out other member's names in here and posting their opinions. If another member wanted their opinion posted here, they would do it themselves. You are a business owner. I'd expect you to be more savvy and sensitive than that.

I have never met either party involved in this dispute and am certainly not taking sides, but based on your conduct on this thread Nate, I'd be apprehensive to accept your business if I were running a small side job operation myself. Why take on the risk? When I first read this thread before the weekend, I was 100% behind you Nate, but somehow you *yourself* leveled the playing field within this thread. Sometimes saying less is actually saying more if you know what I am saying...

Also, in my experience, the guys who are always quick to point out how good of people they are, make me raise an eyebrow. Others can recognize you as good people. Self proclaiming how good you are tends to have the opposite effect.

You do seem like a smart guy who is helpful and willing to put others ahead of you, so I hope you can also treat this as a valuable learning experience (shoot, I recall at least a couple times when you were willing to go out of your way to help me out - having bald drag radials when the first rain started comes to mind). I definitely appreciate that Nate and I you are always welcome at my BBQ.

Given this experience, it would probably be wise to rebuild the motor... It is not expensive, it is not difficult, and it would be invaluable to the learning experience of your son.

As I mentioned before, I hope you guys are able to resolve your differences and come to an understanding.

Best of luck!

[patriot]
DIRTY SALLY
¯
Member # 7845

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DIRTY SALLY  Ford pictures for DIRTY SALLY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
spending money twice cost more than spending it once and more the first time.

this should be in the book of great words

--------------------
---------
Savage Habits
instagram @2cheezen

turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for turbo50  Ford pictures for turbo50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
lol fuckin cummins....lol heheehee

--------------------
.........when was the last time YOU built something with YOUR own hands?

I offer quality sidework at reasonable prices. PM ME

Posts: 7606 | From: Discovery Bay, California | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
DLo
¯
Member # 6133

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DLo  Ford pictures for DLo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So who is ice??

--------------------
94 GT

Posts: 1876 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Oct 2005  |  :
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
lmao @ cummins....you a fool man.
RiddlerGT
Midnight King
Member # 113

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RiddlerGT  Ford pictures for RiddlerGT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I’ve been on this site since the 9cobra8 days. Every couple of years a new member will start posting like crazy. Attempt to hook people up, talk about general BS etc. I always love it when these members turn fowl and cry wolf looking for a free hand out. Nothing is for free in life and you get what you pay for. These are the basic laws of life. No free handouts.

From what I've read it sounds like N8 had a pile of mustang to start with...This should come as NO surprise as almost 99% of them are at this point. Secondly he went the "hook up" type of shop. This is your second red flag. You want a receipt go to an actual respectable shop. There are plenty I can think of off the top of my head. Next Gen, Newtech, AED etc. I've been in the mustang game for a long time and seen it go nothing but down hill. You handled the situation poorly and you were expecting a diamond out of a pile of crap. If you cant afford $500 to do a job right get a new hobby or sell your car or learn to do it yourself.

Posts: 2292 | From: San Ramon | Registered: Dec 2000  |  :
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by RiddlerGT:
I’ve been on this site since the 9cobra8 days. Every couple of years a new member will start posting like crazy. Attempt to hook people up, talk about general BS etc. I always love it when these members turn fowl and cry wolf looking for a free hand out. Nothing is for free in life and you get what you pay for. These are the basic laws of life. No free handouts.

From what I've read it sounds like N8 had a pile of mustang to start with...This should come as NO surprise as almost 99% of them are at this point. Secondly he went the "hook up" type of shop. This is your second red flag. You want a receipt go to an actual respectable shop. There are plenty I can think of off the top of my head. Next Gen, Newtech, AED etc. I've been in the mustang game for a long time and seen it go nothing but down hill. You handled the situation poorly and you were expecting a diamond out of a pile of crap. If you cant afford $500 to do a job right get a new hobby or sell your car or learn to do it yourself.

lol....I am sorry Riddler but you are waay off in your summary. Way off. But its cool. Let me clarify

The mustang was no where near a pile.

I did not go with a "hook up" me choosing dave had nothing to do with price. Nothing. I went with a person that was recommended by people whom I respect. Dan was my first choice and I indeed contacted him first. But he was booked.

I never expected anything for free, nor tried to sway anything on pricing. If Dave said I needed a new engine I was breaking bread for a engine.

The receipt requested was not for his work. But for the head work that was done at a "real" shop. If I ever decided to sell the car and advertised head work done, the first thing they ask for is receipts, so I wanted those. Like I have all my receipts from stuff purchased at summit.

Also I am not a new member I too was a member during 9cobra8 days. Tho for the life of me cannot remember my sn. And basically yea this started as a rant as I was heated. Maybe I should have waited to post. But consider it a PSA to avoid this gentleman. Had 06Xrunner posted his experience I would never had went with Dave.

And never once did I ever speak to what I can/cannot afford. I am a self proclaimed cheap bastard tho. [Big Grin]

So there you have gained some clarity into the situation. I know the posting and summary of the situation by myself is pretty confusing.

[ February 08, 2010, 12:06 PM: Message edited by: N8 ]

N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ok in light of some of the PM's I am getting let me say this. I appreciate the support, however I do not wish anything ill upon Dave. I do not hate Dave. I hate what Dave did to me/my car. But I do not hate the man. I am not out hunting for him. I am not seeking any type of revenge. I do not need anyone to report his where abouts. The man has a family just as I do. And ultimately when you think about it, at best case my car is worth about 4k. I place more value in my well-being and life than to gamble it on a 4k object. And as strange as it sounds I also value his life/well-being more than that.

So while I doubt I use his services again. I do not wish anything ill upon his person. Now if he came outside to a flat tire or vaseline on his window I would find that funny. But you can rest assure I did not do it.

[patriot]

89point.
¯
Member # 6078

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89point.  Ford pictures for 89point.    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
this is sooo fucking stupid, it shouldnt matter if he paid a shit load of money or a little bit of money for the work.. this is supposed to be a close comunity(sp) so when somoeone gives you there word that they can do the work then thats exactly what you should get. money shouldnt be the problem here its about someones word. guess that and a hand shake from people dont mean shit anymore. if one of you guys got fuckd over by a shop that you paid hella money at how would it be any different then paying someone less that a repitable(sp) member sent you to. either way he got fuckd and people just want to talk about lifting weights and his income. what a joke.
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Its cool 89point, those are the folks that are judging me and not the situation.

btw you have a PM.

89point.
¯
Member # 6078

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89point.  Ford pictures for 89point.    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
no pm yet n8, maybe my box is messed up or full again
N8
¯
Member # 6048

quote:
Originally posted by 89point.:
no pm yet n8, maybe my box is messed up or full again

nm, I had you mixed up with 89Trunk. I pm'd him about his short block.
89point.
¯
Member # 6078

haha aaall good
RiddlerGT
Midnight King
Member # 113

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RiddlerGT  Ford pictures for RiddlerGT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
btw to me a 4k mustang is a pile.. wish you the best [burnout]

--------------------
SR

5.t0es
¯
Member # 5864

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5.t0es  Ford pictures for 5.t0es    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

did you have a yellow 5.0 before?
5.t0es
¯
Member # 5864

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5.t0es  Ford pictures for 5.t0es    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
im just curious what someone can do to a car to cause a rod knock in a matter or days????????????????????????
RiddlerGT
Midnight King
Member # 113

yes I did...

--------------------
SR

BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BIGBALLFACTOR  Ford pictures for BIGBALLFACTOR    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by 5.0-srt-4:
im just curious what someone can do to a car to cause a rod knock in a matter or days????????????????????????

clear pm mike or call me
N8
¯
Member # 6048

quote:

If you find out can you let me know? I am curious as well.
N8
¯
Member # 6048

quote:

then yes by your accounts it is a pile I stand corrected...lol
asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for asskickn88  Ford pictures for asskickn88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

I can cause a rod knock in under a min. Who knows what exactly happened, until the old motor is apart and inspected you never know. If the cam was damaged and spreading shavings throughout the block it could cause a rod bearing to spin and produce a knock. There are too many people judging the situation from behind a monitor, until you've actually wrenched on a few cars your opinion doesn't mean shit..... no, changing your oil doesn't count. My honest opinion from what I've read here is the car had an issue before Dave touched it and the rod knock (if that's what it is) manifested itself. This is all just speculation until the motor is inspected. This is one of those unfortunate situations where mechanics end up from time to time. You can get into your car and have the engine spin a bearing on your way to work, the same thing can happen to a mechanic working on your car so pointing the finger and saying he did anything to actually cause the problem is stupid unless you saw him bouncing the car off the red line across an intersection. How it was all handled after the fact is what has N8 upset.

--------------------
Three 540 Bimmers and a 5.0 Explorer.... got a Ford back in the stable!

It's time for the country to do what Obama's own father did.
Abandon him.

Posts: 6069 | From: Rocklin, Ca | Registered: Oct 2004  |  :
5.t0es
¯
Member # 5864

quote:
Originally posted by asskickn88:
quote:

I can cause a rod knock in under a min. Who knows what exactly happened, until the old motor is apart and inspected you never know. If the cam was damaged and spreading shavings throughout the block it could cause a rod bearing to spin and produce a knock. There are too many people judging the situation from behind a monitor, until you've actually wrenched on a few cars your opinion doesn't mean shit..... no, changing your oil doesn't count. My honest opinion from what I've read here is the car had an issue before Dave touched it and the rod knock (if that's what it is) manifested itself. This is all just speculation until the motor is inspected. This is one of those unfortunate situations where mechanics end up from time to time. You can get into your car and have the engine spin a bearing on your way to work, the same thing can happen to a mechanic working on your car so pointing the finger and saying he did anything to actually cause the problem is stupid unless you saw him bouncing the car off the red line across an intersection. How it was all handled after the fact is what has N8 upset.
i mean not intentional....i dont see anyway someone can cause that problem without trying or it already be an existing problem....i dont see dave blowing n8s motor up on purpose....thats just me. i hope it gets resolved fasthatch is a cool dude and n8 dont seem like bad people
N8
¯
Member # 6048

quote:
quote:
quote:

i mean not intentional....i dont see anyway someone can cause that problem without trying or it already be an existing problem....i dont see dave blowing n8s motor up on purpose....thats just me. i hope it gets resolved fasthatch is a cool dude and n8 dont seem like bad people
I am 100% sure that Dave did not blow my motor on purpose, you are correct he does not seem like that type. But it did happen on his watch. More likely negligence or being in over his head. But like I said it did happen on his watch.

[ February 08, 2010, 05:51 PM: Message edited by: N8 ]

5.t0es
¯
Member # 5864

quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:
quote:
quote:

I am 100% sure that Dave did not blow my motor on purpose. But it did happen on his watch.
good now we established the rod knock isnt daves fault, because if i tow a car into a tire shop(with engine issues) and they fix the tire and pull it out and further an issue or the issue starts it isnt there fault right?
so i dont know i wasnt there but good luck fellas no need to funk.

N8
¯
Member # 6048

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:
quote:
quote:

I am 100% sure that Dave did not blow my motor on purpose. But it did happen on his watch.
good now we established the rod knock isnt daves fault, because if i tow a car into a tire shop(with engine issues) and they fix the tire and pull it out and further an issue or the issue starts it isnt there fault right?
so i dont know i wasnt there but good luck fellas no need to funk.

Well yes an no. Like I said waaaay earlier Lee told me to have a open mind about this and that some things can lead to another. Which it did. And I understood. Now, although not purposely when speaking of the rod-knock. It did happen and the responsibility lies with him. So in no way am I exonerating him of that. But I am also saying I doubt he went in with bad intentions.

[ February 08, 2010, 05:58 PM: Message edited by: N8 ]

Page: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10  11   
Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com