Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Dave/Fasthatch is a hack mechanic *get your popcorn* (Page 3)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  9  10  11   
Author Topic: Dave/Fasthatch is a hack mechanic *get your popcorn*
Duncan Motors
¯
Member # 7045

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Duncan Motors  Ford pictures for Duncan Motors    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i like the part where ice was at least honest and said he doesnt know much about cars. therefor he should probly keep my name out his mouth unless he likes the taste.. cause doing a compression test is part of checking for a head gasket,if its not already shootin out the radiator on crank position. and i told n8 also of his rights as a customer to look out for further shops to be able to see and test his old parts, and ect. im not on ethier side ,just didnt see it coming,and not sticking up for anyone . and i sure dont throw parts at cars. not even sure where you got that from? but im prob sure theres a whole lot more you know nothing about.
Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm also interested to hear the other side of the story.

The car went in with a problem and came out with a problem. Because there are no mechanical details provided, we can only speculate how serious the problem was when intially brought in and how serious it was when it left.

Did you pay him for the work? If so, why? What were the terms?

Until there are details of what were some of the issues and what was performed, then it remains a thread with a high volume of speculation and finger pointing.

Lee is right in that certain problems can be masked or covered by other problems.

There are some pretty serious allegations here, so I would hope that Dave would step up and tell his side of the story.

[patriot]

--------------------
Stangless

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
adower
¯
Member # 5955

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for adower  Ford pictures for adower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It sucks that you got jacked like that N8. I am not sure why you would threaten him over the message board. Someone who "tore" your car up might be a shady person, never know what a person is capable of.

--------------------
98 Cobra
Griggs
S Trim
HRE

ice
¯
Member # 9737

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ice  Ford pictures for ice    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Duncan Motors:
this is just my two cents, but anytime i do work or change somethin on a customers car by law i have to contact , document, and keep the part to show the customer what i was talkin about,so if he swapped your battery he should have to show you with a test that your battery was no good, i have had a couple people bring me battery's in there car and i had to charge and go thru the procedures to make sure there in deed bad . second he didnt keep your car inside when he said he would would of cost me any customer, cars are more important to them than some of there girlfreinds lol. and if i remember right this is the same car we where all arguin over what was wrong bout less than a month back? maybe you had mutiple problems, did he ever show you your blown heads gaskets?ive done a couple fresh top ends on bad bottom ends, and they would go out. i wont even warranty any motor unless i do the whole job motor from scratch, for reasons like maybe this. maybe not you, but how would i have any idea how the condition of this motor is before the coustmer brought it me.specialy if i never heard it run or not run, even if it was running was it running extremly bad? maybe that blown cly hid the rod knock due to no compression.and i have seen mutiple problems mis diagnosis as one.and just saying for the record its almost imposible to get a rod knock in your average 50, just saying you would almost have to delibrately fuck it up if the motor was even half in decent shape.i cant imagine him doing it on purpose,and he sounds intelligent i would of never seen this coming from him , and as for his writing skills that means nothing at all. i dont knows whos is worse his or mine lol. my fault is i was never into school, i was already working on cars before high school an never finished. my own bad for sure! but there aint much writing going on in a mechanic shop , very minimal at best lol. regardless he shouldnt of be dodgein you no matter what! unless he just scared as hell of you, but remember maybe multiple problems do happen quite often. i hope you guys work it out you guys are old sckool in my book of being on here. i dont know him anybetter than i know you. but both of you have always seemed way cool.

Well in here you say maybe multiple problems? You didnt question the same things I did and I dont even have a shop. The fact is how in the world could you say headgaskets or a cam is bad by a sound, a sound related to an exhaust leak. This isnt even a shade tree business its retarded, and if you could somehow find a way to even partialy defend a baboon like this guy you yourself should be questioned. Let me guess you have "FIXED" a few cars then found other problems CAUSED by the fix you did? LMAO get the fuck out! Its called misdiagnosed. Ive never heard a "mechanic" say misdiagnosed until another mechanic see's the car then says yup the other guy misdiagnosed the car. The fact a cam swap and headgasket change was recomended by a sound is a red flag in my book. If you dont have a book you need one cause sounds is the least part of diagnosing a vehicle.

EDIT* The mouth comment I will let go But I warn you Im a very good keybord warroir, infact Im ninja status.

[ February 05, 2010, 01:25 AM: Message edited by: ice ]

Posts: 60 | From: cummings sisters | Registered: Jan 2010  |  :
Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by ice:
quote:
this is just my two cents, but anytime i do work or change somethin on a customers car by law i have to contact , document, and keep the part to show the customer what i was talkin about,so if he swapped your battery he should have to show you with a test that your battery was no good, i have had a couple people bring me battery's in there car and i had to charge and go thru the procedures to make sure there in deed bad . second he didnt keep your car inside when he said he would would of cost me any customer, cars are more important to them than some of there girlfreinds lol. and if i remember right this is the same car we where all arguin over what was wrong bout less than a month back? maybe you had mutiple problems, did he ever show you your blown heads gaskets?ive done a couple fresh top ends on bad bottom ends, and they would go out. i wont even warranty any motor unless i do the whole job motor from scratch, for reasons like maybe this. maybe not you, but how would i have any idea how the condition of this motor is before the coustmer brought it me.specialy if i never heard it run or not run, even if it was running was it running extremly bad? maybe that blown cly hid the rod knock due to no compression.and i have seen mutiple problems mis diagnosis as one.and just saying for the record its almost imposible to get a rod knock in your average 50, just saying you would almost have to delibrately fuck it up if the motor was even half in decent shape.i cant imagine him doing it on purpose,and he sounds intelligent i would of never seen this coming from him , and as for his writing skills that means nothing at all. i dont knows whos is worse his or mine lol. my fault is i was never into school, i was already working on cars before high school an never finished. my own bad for sure! but there aint much writing going on in a mechanic shop , very minimal at best lol. regardless he shouldnt of be dodgein you no matter what! unless he just scared as hell of you, but remember maybe multiple problems do happen quite often. i hope you guys work it out you guys are old sckool in my book of being on here. i dont know him anybetter than i know you. but both of you have always seemed way cool.

But I warn you Im a very good keybord warroir, infact Im ninja status.
LOL

--------------------
Stangless

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
adower
¯
Member # 5955

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for adower  Ford pictures for adower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

Its never too late to learn how to write man. How you portray yourself on the board will have some influence on if people will come to you or not.

--------------------
98 Cobra
Griggs
S Trim
HRE

ice
¯
Member # 9737

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ice  Ford pictures for ice    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by adower:
quote:

Its never too late to learn how to write man. How you portray yourself on the board will have some influence on if people will come to you or not.
I didnt see either one of these tools defending AED when they had a dispute with a NON paying customer. Its gotta tell you the level of skill they are on. And I bet the non paying customer is now a life long paying customer. Considering the last AED offer put up even after the bashing. Duckin motors and hiding sure showed us a lot about themselves tonight.
166 Merlo
FELONY
MOTORSPORTS
Member # 1549

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 166 Merlo  Ford pictures for 166 Merlo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's why I only take my cars to Felony Motorsports. You get what you pay for. [Whoo Whooooo!]

Hate to be a Debby Downer but a guy that says he cant change out a heater core in a fox is 27 minutes, is not the guy you want to take your car to for anything even as simple as an oil change.

Stomp him out K8! [Big Grin]

--------------------
'89 - Boss Coupe
'70 - Drop Cutthang
'68 - Cougnut
'87 - 0166, Its real

ice
¯
Member # 9737

quote:
Originally posted by Luke87GT:
quote:
quote:

But I warn you Im a very good keybord warroir, infact Im ninja status.
LOL
ice<---- smacks luke for selling the white coupe. I liked you better when you were actualy using a car for fun, now youre pimping the cars. Give us track numbers not what wheels you think are pretty. I know youre getting ready to sell but...
ice
¯
Member # 9737

[ February 05, 2010, 02:58 AM: Message edited by: ice ]

925GT50
¯
Member # 2683

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 925GT50  Ford pictures for 925GT50  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Damn that hella sucks to hear considering I just had him do soem work on my car.I remember seeing your car at his house too in his driveway. Not too sure on your ordeal but mine went smoothly with no problems. Hope everything gets worked out between the both of you.

--------------------
1990 GT hatch (owned since 05')
1988 GT (sold)
1995 SN95 Cobra (totaled/parted)
1995 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am LT1 (daily driver)

93ReefBlue5.0
¯
Member # 5780

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93ReefBlue5.0  Ford pictures for 93ReefBlue5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
If you dont have a book you need one cause sounds is the least part of diagnosing a vehicle.

Are you sure about that? Noise and Vibration are huge parts of diagnosing customer complaints. Ever heard of NVH? Probably not...
Posts: 1535 | From: Sacramento, CA | Registered: Jun 2005  |  :
93ReefBlue5.0
¯
Member # 5780

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93ReefBlue5.0  Ford pictures for 93ReefBlue5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
N8, I hope you get this all straightened out. I hope fasthatch/Dave, atleast comes on here to give his side of the story. Until then, all we can do is assume.
Posts: 1535 | From: Sacramento, CA | Registered: Jun 2005  |  :
SLPR93
¯
Member # 8769

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLPR93  Ford pictures for SLPR93  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
you get what you pay for ............................................................................. enough said
racsirx
CAFords OG
Member # 1710

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for racsirx  Ford pictures for racsirx    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I am the one that is stuck in the middle of this, Dave has done work for me for years and I never had a problem, even helped me get my Coupe done. I really dont know anything about the rod knock until today, I didnt hear it when I picked it up the Cobra before the work, but it didnt sound good. But I do know that whoever worked on it last, over tighten the rockers that they had to be broken loose with a breaker bar, and the lifters had groves in them, never saw that before. So I recommended a lifter and cam change but only the lifters were changed.

--------------------
88 Saleen #564
88 GT 331 NOVI2000
88 Coupe TURBO 9.75@142
95 Cobra R #75-SOLD
06 F250
13 BMW AH3
17 GT350 #5556
GOD'S NOT DEAD

Posts: 20750 | From: Concord & Pittsburg, CA | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
ice
¯
Member # 9737

quote:
Originally posted by 93ReefBlue5.0:
quote:
If you dont have a book you need one cause sounds is the least part of diagnosing a vehicle.

Are you sure about that? Noise and Vibration are huge parts of diagnosing customer complaints. Ever heard of NVH? Probably not...
You added the vibration part but lets play ball. If the car had a vibration part where would you start smart guy?
ice
¯
Member # 9737

quote:
Originally posted by racsirx:
Well, I am the one that is stuck in the middle of this, Dave has done work for me for years and I never had a problem, even helped me get my Coupe done. I really dont know anything about the rod knock until today, I didnt hear it when I picked it up the Cobra before the work, but it didnt sound good. But I do know that whoever worked on it last, over tighten the rockers that they had to be broken loose with a breaker bar, and the lifters had groves in them, never saw that before. So I recommended a lifter and cam change but only the lifters were changed.

Im not a n8 fan but now its getting stupid. A breaker bar to remove rockers? I mean come on. Can I get a pic of atleat 1 just 1 broken rocker arm? If you torque every arm down to nothing 1 of them is gonna break, a push rod will bend something, and it wont drive! Thats full on bull shit. Id love for haullin or the AED guys to get on here and put all this bull shit to shame. However the real shop owners dont like the bull shit.
ice
¯
Member # 9737

BTW, I will break any 3|8's ratchet with my body strenght before I use a breaker bar. For you who dont know a breaker bar is a half inch steal 1/2 inch reciever ratchet with atleast 12" of leverage and no ratcheting funcion. For me a breaker is 18". But then again I dont claim to know much about cars but until now I havent been proved wrong. Meaning I will strip any, ANY rocker with a 12" BREAKER before a breaker could be used to remove my parts hell Id bet I could do it with a snap on 1/2 inch ratchet. Anyone here wanna bet I could strip break locking any rocker with a 12 inch ratchet?

[ February 05, 2010, 04:24 AM: Message edited by: ice ]

ice
¯
Member # 9737

[ February 05, 2010, 04:16 AM: Message edited by: ice ]

68bullitt390
¯
Member # 9707

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 68bullitt390  Ford pictures for 68bullitt390  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
^ +1 ^ for what ice has said here. motor wont run with the rockers tightened down that hard, thats a mistake a 16 year old would make. Also i would like to say you made the right decision, staying legal and above board, not layin hands on him. You have too much to lose it sounds like. You dont want to be the one sitting in jail, because of this. I know its hard sometimes, i mean if he lays his hands on you sure it's a different story. But taking away his work and letting people on here know whats going on, will be sweet payback enough. None the less good luck with your situation! see you N8

--------------------
Morte_prima_dishonre

warhorse58gt
¯
Member # 7702

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for warhorse58gt  Ford pictures for warhorse58gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
man sorry to hear about this n8.. this shit hurts all us side job wrenchers.. [patriot] now i do side jobs as a hobbie.. as my time/health permits.. i only charge about half of what shops charge.. why? cause i work slow. only for 4-5 hours a day & 4-5 days in the week..
i always keep the broken/replaced parts to show the customers.. and i take pictures just cause.. 90% of the people don't even know i do... but you just never know when.. if i find another problem with thier car i have pics.. to prove the problem was already there.. [patriot]
this is a shity spot to be in.. sorry you have found yourself in it...

[ February 05, 2010, 05:51 AM: Message edited by: warhorse58gt ]

--------------------
WOLFPACK RACING

With guns, we are 'citizens'. Without them, we are 'subjects'.

83gt 354ci sbf 9.40 @ 143
77 cobra 2 171ci 97hp of pure fury!

*BlownMach1*- TRMYN8R
¯
Member # 5400

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *BlownMach1*- TRMYN8R  Ford pictures for *BlownMach1*- TRMYN8R  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
N8 sorry to hear about ur loss, seems there are a lot of garage mechanics on here that like to not man up to their work, clear ur pm box. i tried to send u a message, its full. i will help u out anyway i can. as we talked about before!

--------------------
88 notch- MM&FF June 2014 feature car
93 cobra #1879
90 hatch "Wifey's"
14 F150
89 mastercraft- wake tower with some sound

Team True Forged!!!

N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
PMs cleared.

Like I said I am aware that things can be discovered. But he said my car was done. Even before we had the personal problem. And it was not. He was paid to fix my car not discover another problem and let it go. So like I said, being this is Lee's man and and business partner. I am hoping he can talk to him and settle this out right. Because there is no other side of the story that can paint me as wrong or the villian.

I know he has seen this or someone has called him. So Dave get at me. We settle up and there is no need for anymore communication.

SF Coupe
¯
Member # 1810

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SF Coupe  Ford pictures for SF Coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Two lessons learned.

1. Learn to fix the car yourself. However, in this case I can see taking it to someone else. Diagnosing internal engine problems is not easy and replacing heads is something not a lot of us have time for.

2. Take the car to a professional. I don't care how good a shade tree mechanic says he is, or what his reputation is. If he was that good he would have a shop or be working for a reputable one. It costs quite a bit more but it's well worth it in terms of customer service and professional quality work.

turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for turbo50  Ford pictures for turbo50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think Dave might be intimidated by you N8 because you tower over him, like I tower over you.

Regardless I shot you a helluva deal offer and your car will be running great, you and your son will learn tons and we can all put this behind us.

With both of us making close to 100K and having families I really dont think putting hands on anybody is going to solve anything. Even tho I kick boxed for 12 years, threating folks or even thinking about beatin on them is non sense. I hope you are past this too my man.

Jail sux and you can't make good money from there or see your family.

You should be taking that beast to the track or barbeque'n with the family this summer not just getting out of west county.

--------------------
.........when was the last time YOU built something with YOUR own hands?

I offer quality sidework at reasonable prices. PM ME

Posts: 7606 | From: Discovery Bay, California | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :

Page: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  9  10  11   
Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com