Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Unsatisfied Turbo50/Dan Starkey customer (Page 7)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ...  19  20  21   
Author Topic: Unsatisfied Turbo50/Dan Starkey customer
*BlownMach1*- TRMYN8R
¯
Member # 5400

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *BlownMach1*- TRMYN8R  Ford pictures for *BlownMach1*- TRMYN8R  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by FivePTSlow:
I can only speak from my experience, & have no clue what Dan has going on right now, or what's going on with these situations.

Dan built my long block 302 for me. He was always professional, did the job right, did it under budget & even quicker than he originally stated. He even offered to deliver the motor for free all the way from Discovery Bay to Sacramento. I declined because I knew that would cost him a lot in gas & he was already building my long block for next to nothing. Also he helped me find my cam & picked it up for me from the Bay Area for free. He gave me his price on all parts needed for the build & offered me his price on anything else I would ever need going forward. He also gave me a lot of help on any issue I encountered and helped me troubleshoot many situations I've encountered. He even offered to let me register my car to his place so that I didn't have to smog it in the future.

I know he said he had a lot going on with his health & family life the last time I talked to him(couple months ago), so that may have a lot to do with his lack of communication.

Based on my experience with Dan I would say he will make everything right with all folks involved. I couldn't see a person going from the Dan I know to the Dan everyone is describing in this thread.

Lol nice sig! Way to help out the community! Lmao

--------------------
88 notch- MM&FF June 2014 feature car
93 cobra #1879
90 hatch "Wifey's"
14 F150
89 mastercraft- wake tower with some sound

Team True Forged!!!

jmcclesk
Member # 1355

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jmcclesk  Ford pictures for jmcclesk    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[QUOT E]Ori ginally posted by Floored:
quote:
Originally posted by v-town coupe:
quote:
Originally posted by 9cobra7:
quote:
Originally posted by Floored:
Dan straight up took my money and bailed. I never got my motor or a refund. In conversations he told me to f-off. I went to court, he never showed and I got a judgement that I have yet to be paid on. Stand up guy? I don't think so. But back then when I bitched on here that he ripped me off it was 'okay' because I'm a girl. Well you know what, it's not okay. It wasn't then and it still isn't!!!

Tell us a little more about this incident please.

Did you live in Michigan at the time this all happened, or did you live in California at the time? Just wondering because it's a lot easier to screw somebody over when they're out of state.

Alice was located in Sacramento if I remember right, and had a 93 cobra.
Thank you, you at least remember me. I had a few stangs, a 93 cobra was one of them but the car he was to work on was my silver 94 gt. And yes, Sacramento. [/QUOTE]
I'm trying to stay out of this, but Alice I do remember you we talked at length about this
2003-2004 correct?

--------------------
Ford trained ASE master tech.

Posts: 4024 | From: marrysville | Registered: May 2002  |  :
jmcclesk
Member # 1355

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jmcclesk  Ford pictures for jmcclesk    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
sorry posted from my phone my computers down that makes it tough.

I also want to say that I have bought and sold parts To dan and I've never had an issue with anything I have bought from him

[ 2014-03-15, 09:56 PM: Message edited by: jmcclesk ]

--------------------
Ford trained ASE master tech.

Posts: 4024 | From: marrysville | Registered: May 2002  |  :
phil a
¯
Member # 6951

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for phil a  Ford pictures for phil a    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Funny how he picks and chooses who he will scam, oh and hearing he makes 100k a year and will make it right don't mean nothing... He made 100k a year back when he kept my money and he never once tried to make it right.

Damn, name from the past. I met up with you and bought an e-cam from you in something like '02? '03?
Posts: 1261 | From: toledo oh | Registered: Jul 2006  |  :
90GT510
¯
Member # 9199

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90GT510  Ford pictures for 90GT510    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
This guy was probably building motors out of stolen parts from the looks of it.

--------------------
Stay Sydewayz

Posts: 1725 | From: East Bay/Dallas, TX | Registered: May 2009  |  :
AL STOCK
Its All Stock
Cuzzon
Member # 1852

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AL STOCK  Ford pictures for AL STOCK  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Make this sticky until he resolves these issues.

I hope he resolves this in timely manner vs "couple months".

--------------------
.:: FANATICS ::.

93 Cobra Teal
93 Cobra V Red
90 SSP
SVT Raptor
Huracan Rosso Mars
E63s W213 Selenite Gray
C7Z M7 Daytona Sunrise

Posts: 6498 | From: San Bruno | Registered: Sep 2002  |  :
Floored
¯
Member # 2312

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Floored  Ford pictures for Floored    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by phil a:
Damn, name from the past. I met up with you and bought an e-cam from you in something like '02? '03?

Yep, haven't been on here since 2009. The other day I was bored and wanted to see if any of the old message boards I used to use were still happening, imagine my surprise when the first topic I saw was this one.

quote:
Originally posted by jmcclesk:
I'm trying to stay out of this, but Alice I do remember you we talked at length about this
2003-2004 correct?

Yes. And thank you for remembering. So yes, 11 years later Dan has yet to make good on this. [Frown]

--------------------
~Alice
..blast from the past..

Posts: 788 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jan 2003  |  :
NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 90GT510:

All my parts are brand new. [Confused]

As of right now I'd be happy to just get my shit back I'll have my friend build the short block for me if I have to. Like I stated earlier all I want is my car back on the road, the vert isn't cutting it anymore.

[ 2014-03-16, 09:24 AM: Message edited by: NEIGHT ]

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1986 Hatch- catfish killer
1964 Impala hard top

Posts: 18528 | From: EA$T $IDE REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by NEIGHT:
quote:

As of right now I'd be happy to just get my shit back I'll have my friend build the short block for me if I have to. Like I stated earlier all I want is my car back on the road, the vert isn't cutting it anymore.

Is he calling or answering his phone? He's at least seen the thread and had some time to think about the dirt that is happening.

--------------------
http://i.magaimg.net/img/257w.png

NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 135.0:
quote:
quote:

Is he calling or answering his phone? He's at least seen the thread and had some time to think about the dirt that is happening.
Nope hasn't answered me whatsoever. Dan if you're reading this can you please hit me up I can go pick my stuff up wherever it's at right now.

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1964 Impala hard top

DIRTY SALLY
¯
Member # 7845

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DIRTY SALLY  Ford pictures for DIRTY SALLY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Neight go get your shit! You know where he lives right

--------------------
---------
Savage Habits
instagram @2cheezen

MUSTTANGUY
¯
Member # 2251

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MUSTTANGUY  Ford pictures for MUSTTANGUY  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Neight ,or anyone else that needs any assistance with picking up their motors or parts please let me know.
I am offering my truck and time to help if needed.

Also, Dan if you read this please let me know if I can help you get everyone their stuff.

I really hope everything works out for all involved.

--------------------
Tim (Musttanguy)
97 5.0 coupe
82 GT 427/T56/9"

NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

quote:
Originally posted by MUSTTANGUY:
Neight ,or anyone else that needs any assistance with picking up their motors or parts please let me know.

Also, Dan if you read this please let me know if I can help you get everyone their stuff.

Thanks for the offer. If the motor is somehow assembled then I'll need your help otherwise I'd like to go myself.

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1964 Impala hard top

9cobra7
¯
Member # 2812

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9cobra7  Ford pictures for 9cobra7    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I don't care how bad supposedly family life is. You make a commitment to people, take there money and parts, you owe them communication of some kind...PERIOD!

What happened to the member "Floored" needs immediate attention since it's 10 YEARS OLD at this point with A JUDGEMENT against turbo50.

I can only imagine what his garage looks like at this point with 10 engine builds going on a once. This just doesn't make any logical sense. I feel for these people poor members in this situation [Frown] [Mad] [Eek!] [Confused]

--------------------
If you can't walk and chew gum at the same time, don't walk.

ISP89LX
¯
Member # 8949

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ISP89LX  Ford pictures for ISP89LX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[QUOTE]Originally posted by MUSTTANGUY:

[/QUOTE

Tim you are a good man. I will pay for your gas or cover anything you need.

--------------------
89LX
Turbo50built!!!
Wait, he jacked my shit!!!
"Dan will make It rite" THIEF!

Posts: 2997 | From: Nowhere to be found. | Registered: Feb 2009  |  :
MUSTTANGUY
¯
Member # 2251

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MUSTTANGUY  Ford pictures for MUSTTANGUY  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm really not to worried about it,
Let's just wait and see if we can hopefully get to that point and go from there.

Again, Dan ........
Please let me know if I can be of help !!

--------------------
Tim (Musttanguy)
97 5.0 coupe
82 GT 427/T56/9"

Floored
¯
Member # 2312

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Floored  Ford pictures for Floored    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 9cobra7:
I don't care how bad supposedly family life is. You make a commitment to people, take there money and parts, you owe them communication of some kind...PERIOD!

What happened to the member "Floored" needs immediate attention since it's 10 YEARS OLD at this point with A JUDGEMENT against turbo50.

Yes!! Thank you! I sure do wish he would give me back SOMETHING. This is wrong of him to do time and time again to members on this site

--------------------
~Alice
..blast from the past..

Posts: 788 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jan 2003  |  :
Gnari-Garage
CAFords OG
Member # 3164

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gnari-Garage  Ford pictures for Gnari-Garage    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by AL STOCK:
Make this sticky until he resolves these issues.

I hope he resolves this in timely manner vs "couple months".

Agreed! Make this a STICKY PLEASE!!!!! members need to know so they don't get ripped off...

--------------------
2017 McLaren 570GT
2019 Audi S5
2017 Tundra 7" Lift, 37" Tires

Posts: 4017 | From: 916-sacramento | Registered: Aug 2003  |  :
5.0_707
¯
Member # 5893

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5.0_707  Ford pictures for 5.0_707    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Not to stir the pot but still no response.....? I just seen Turbo50 logged on, and thought he was drafting a explanation to all of the mess going on. Guess not. I don't know the guy and have never dealt with him but from what I've seen in the past he has done good work. Would be nice to see him respond.
NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

quote:
Originally posted by 5.0_707:
Not to stir the pot but still no response.....? I just seen Turbo50 logged on, and thought he was drafting a explanation to all of the mess going on. Guess not. I don't know the guy and have never dealt with him but from what I've seen in the past he has done good work. Would be nice to see him respond.

All I want is a response to how I can go get my stuff.

-

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1964 Impala hard top

5.0_707
¯
Member # 5893

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5.0_707  Ford pictures for 5.0_707    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[IMG]  - [/IMG]
Less than an hour ago

89point.
¯
Member # 6078

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89point.  Ford pictures for 89point.    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Go to his house and see if your shit is there, everyone keeps calling and txting him.. show up at his old residence, he aint responding but can login, if he can steal from this many people and people still be like fuck it he is a good guy.. then maybe this whole time he been doin cheap work and dropping shit off for free maybe he knows more about all the stolen foxbodies around here too.
Gnari-Garage
CAFords OG
Member # 3164

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gnari-Garage  Ford pictures for Gnari-Garage    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by 5.0_707:

All I want is a response to how I can go get my stuff.

-

Ya someone screen shot that and Pm it to me... Looks like he is reading the posts but has no answer.

All I can say is Man up and give people money/Parts back, this is so wrong!!!

--------------------
2017 McLaren 570GT
2019 Audi S5

East Bay 50
¯
Member # 8081

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for East Bay 50  Ford pictures for East Bay 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by TEXAS:
quote:
Originally posted by adower:
quote:
Originally posted by Anderthizzle:
quote:
Originally posted by 94 fobra:
Hahaha you guys are funny dan has a great career and doesn't need to steal anyone's money to buy a nice house and live good in Florida..now on the other hand it's not cool to hold people's stuff have you guys told him to give you your parts back and are you paid up???plenty of people wanted to be on a payment plan and take forever to pay him but expect their shit now..

He makes more money in a month than half of you guys do in a year. He is a good guy, if he had my money and motor and I knew he was moving I would of pitched a tent in his front yard till I had my parts and money.
Lol come on now. Im sure he makes good money but that's an exaggeration.
See above post with quote from railsmear, he said he has a 100k a year job, that's ballin'
100k a year job is not balling lol!

--------------------
Kurgan tuned stroked and blown 347 foxbody. boost nukka!

Gnari-Garage
CAFords OG
Member # 3164

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by phil a:

Yep, haven't been on here since 2009. The other day I was bored and wanted to see if any of the old message boards I used to use were still happening, imagine my surprise when the first topic I saw was this one.

quote:
Originally posted by jmcclesk:
2003-2004 correct?

Yes. And thank you for remembering. So yes, 11 years later Dan has yet to make good on this. [Frown]

Thank you for sharing your story. This is so sad, It sounds like this guy has been scamming people for 11+ years and it needs to stop now! This post needs to be posted on other forums so this guy can't do this anymore!

Can someone who actually got scammed by him post this posts link on SVT forum, others need to know or he will just change forum and continue to scam people...

--------------------
2017 McLaren 570GT
2019 Audi S5

Page: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ...  19  20  21   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com