Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Unsatisfied Turbo50/Dan Starkey customer (Page 4)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  19  20  21   
Author Topic: Unsatisfied Turbo50/Dan Starkey customer
ISP89LX
¯
Member # 8949

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ISP89LX  Ford pictures for ISP89LX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Z06-FTMFW:
SO lets take a poll?

How many people's money/parts does Dan have?

1 here.

--------------------
89LX
Turbo50built!!!
Wait, he jacked my shit!!!
"Dan will make It rite" THIEF!

Posts: 2997 | From: Nowhere to be found. | Registered: Feb 2009  |  :
NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by CornOil_&_Boost:
quote:
Originally posted by DIRTY SALLY:
quote:
Originally posted by NEIGHT:
I'm going to try to contact him today. The least I want is my parts back, hell my heads are easily $2,500 with what they are N the work done to them.

oh look a cheerleader [Embarrassed]
I'm more laughing at the $2500...hahahah no neight...
My bad 1,700-2,000. Still man I wasn't aware he left he told me he'd let me know before he left or if something changed so I can either pick up my parts or my complete motor. All I want is my car to be ready I miss driving the damn thing and I hate seeing it just sit there everyday dirty as hell for no reason other than me playing the waiting game.

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1986 Hatch- catfish killer
1964 Impala hard top

Posts: 18528 | From: EA$T $IDE REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
blackfifty
¯
Member # 9023

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for blackfifty  Ford pictures for blackfifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 9cobra7:
Is it possible this guy is bi polar? Or maybe he has a drug problem?
He sounded like a really stand up guy at some point but his non communication and off and on ways remind me of someone on drugs [Confused]
Possible he got addicted to pain meds from all his accidents and hospital visits, just an idea.

maybe he got abducted by aliens.

--------------------
03 Terminator

sic70stang
CAFords OG
Member # 4347

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sic70stang  Ford pictures for sic70stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by blackfifty:
quote:
He sounded like a really stand up guy at some point but his non communication and off and on ways remind me of someone on drugs [Confused]
Possible he got addicted to pain meds from all his accidents and hospital visits, just an idea.

Outer space or illegal?

--------------------
The anti-crew
1987 rolling safety violation.

Posts: 6940 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
Pure Stang
¯
Member # 7251

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pure Stang  Ford pictures for Pure Stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by ECOboostin:
quote:
quote:

Outer space or illegal?
Both [Eek!]

--------------------
HEART BREAKER

R.I.P Willie Guzman (5ltrsvt) you will be missed brother.
04/24/87 - 11/23/2012

90 lx 347 RIP
86 gt
89 lx- next project

blackfifty
¯
Member # 9023

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for blackfifty  Ford pictures for blackfifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Pure Stang:
quote:
Originally posted by ECOboostin:
quote:
quote:

Outer space or illegal?
Both [Eek!]
Assholes lol. I think the spaceship comes with switches and has a nike sticker on the back windshield.

--------------------
03 Terminator

9cobra7
¯
Member # 2812

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9cobra7  Ford pictures for 9cobra7    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

I think we found his meth supplier ^^^
351w
¯
Member # 11875

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 351w  Ford pictures for 351w    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Just a few quotes from another thread, this should put people @ ease, Dan will make things right with all the evidence below I don't have any doubts.

Railsmear says:

It suck you're in this predicament but this is just sad. Dan isn't trying to screw you over he doesn't want your p.o.s parts or motor. Dan's got his own set of problems and his own life he's dealing with. Not to mention its the holiday season. Sounds to me like you fuxked yourself by even taking a loan out in the first place. Can't afford it, don't buy it.

I'm sure that as soon as Dan has time to finish your motor it will be done, people have lives and real jobs that bring in 100k a year. This car shit is a side hobby to him and its not priority over family. So calm.your ass down. Because nobody on here really even gives a shit about your problems. Be a man and go see him face to face if it's really all bad, but I stead you hop on the forum and cry like a girl.

Arch says:

I think Dan will come through. Obviously things are strenuous for him right now. I've see first hand how cool the dude is. I've called him at 9:30 at night to ask motor questions. This was BEFORE I had ever spoken with him at all. He cares about all his fellow hot rodders and will get back into the groove I'm sure.

Pcsal:

Listen I just got off the phone with Dan he is not trying to rip anyone off. He said he will give everyone their shit back and also the money you payed him. But some of you guys also need to remember on some of these projects the length of time was not his fault it was people who did not have the cash getting him to do shit . If some of the stuff would have been in the machine shop or no Dan they could have put a lien on the shit and kept it all. Dan has a lot of family shit going on and I honestly believe anyone on this board would take care of the family shit first. But once again he said he is not going to screw anyone he does not want or need your stuff.

Turbo50 says:

I have no intenions of keeping anyones parts or taking anyones money.

Six9250 says:

^ Grown ass man right there....end of story...glad to see you alive and well my friend,cafords misses ya hope all is well Dan

T-top50 says:

That's my boy ^^^^^ like B said "grown ass man"

Epik says:

Real talk!!! I commend Turbo50 for his response. Definitely a grown man response by owning up to his responsibility & the errors on his part. This response shows A LOT of class on his end, unlike much of the other BS we deal with on Forums, especially here on CAFORDS. I don't know him personally, but I have heard nothing but positive things about him since I first joined this site.

351w
¯
Member # 11875

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 351w  Ford pictures for 351w    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If you didn't know, Dan is a grown man and a stand up guy [patriot]
Greasy
¯
Member # 5258

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greasy  Ford pictures for Greasy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by East Bay 50:
quote:
quote:
quote:
I'm going to try to contact him today. The least I want is my parts back, hell my heads are easily $2,500 with what they are N the work done to them.

Those must be some bad ass heads for $2500!
I've got some $2,500 heads that are BMF's

--------------------
'93 Cobra-Coyote Powered
'03 DSG Cobra
'13 Dodge Cummins
'14 Rubicon X

Posts: 3272 | From: North Dallas | Registered: Jan 2005  |  :
Anderthizzle
¯
Member # 7910

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Anderthizzle  Ford pictures for Anderthizzle    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 94 fobra:
Hahaha you guys are funny dan has a great career and doesn't need to steal anyone's money to buy a nice house and live good in Florida..now on the other hand it's not cool to hold people's stuff have you guys told him to give you your parts back and are you paid up???plenty of people wanted to be on a payment plan and take forever to pay him but expect their shit now..

He makes more money in a month than half of you guys do in a year. He is a good guy, if he had my money and motor and I knew he was moving I would of pitched a tent in his front yard till I had my parts and money.
Posts: 1056 | From: Here and there | Registered: Sep 2007  |  :
adower
¯
Member # 5955

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for adower  Ford pictures for adower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Anderthizzle:
quote:
Hahaha you guys are funny dan has a great career and doesn't need to steal anyone's money to buy a nice house and live good in Florida..now on the other hand it's not cool to hold people's stuff have you guys told him to give you your parts back and are you paid up???plenty of people wanted to be on a payment plan and take forever to pay him but expect their shit now..

He makes more money in a month than half of you guys do in a year. He is a good guy, if he had my money and motor and I knew he was moving I would of pitched a tent in his front yard till I had my parts and money.
Lol come on now. Im sure he makes good money but that's an exaggeration.

--------------------
98 Cobra
Griggs
S Trim
HRE

351w
¯
Member # 11875

quote:
Originally posted by adower:
quote:
Originally posted by Anderthizzle:
quote:

Lol come on now. Im sure he makes good money but that's an exaggeration.
See above post with quote from railsmear, he said he has a 100k a year job, that's ballin'
98 ROUSH
¯
Member # 10309

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 98 ROUSH  Ford pictures for 98 ROUSH    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
 -

--------------------
Built 2v
Stroked, Cammed and Blown
Advanced Auto Built & Kurgan Tuned

Posts: 4678 | From: North Hayward, Cali | Registered: Sep 2010  |  :
BULLITTMAN
¯
Member # 8468

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BULLITTMAN  Ford pictures for BULLITTMAN    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 98 ROUSH:
 -

Nice selfie, the Easter bunny does exist! [Eek!]

--------------------
R.I.P Little Bro Willie Guzman (5LTRSVT) 4/24/87 - 11/23/12
01 Bullitt #3102 Stroked and blown
Built and tuned by Shaun at AED
14 Fiesta ST

510.86.notch
¯
Member # 9892

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 510.86.notch  Ford pictures for 510.86.notch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I got my motor and parts from him a few months ago.he also payed for my gas.but I did not pay up front.It was supposed to be payed for when job was done.I called him,He setup a day and time for me to meet him and pick my stuff up.sucks that it wasn't finished but it is what it is.it seems to be common in the automotive world.even with licensed professionals.it took a reputable company close to a year to send some basic parts.luckly they were located near by so I just started going by they're shop after they stopped returning my calls.I got my parts plus some compensation.

--------------------
91 mustang coupe
84 mustang svo
89 mustang.4cyl5speed.
87 thunderbird turbo coupe-sold
86 mustang GT hatch-sold-kinda
86 mustang coupe-sold

Posts: 1062 | From: san leandro | Registered: Apr 2010  |  :
CornOil_&_Boost
¯
Member # 5888

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CornOil_&_Boost  Ford pictures for CornOil_&_Boost    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Greasy:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

I guess if you take the price of them new, add the machine work for resurfacing, maybe some springs, locks and retainers...you can say...oh oh...they would be $2500 if i bought them brand new and modded them....

--------------------
https://www.facebook.com/pushrodpoweredmustangs
'95 Cobra - small engine / small turbo -
'02 Excursion 7.3 - tow vehicle
'14 - Chevy Volt - DD

50Reasons
¯
Member # 6452

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50Reasons  Ford pictures for 50Reasons    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hahaha you guys are funny dan has a great career and doesn't need to steal anyone's money to buy a nice house and live good in Florida..now on the other hand it's not cool to hold people's stuff have you guys told him to give you your parts back and are you paid up???plenty of people wanted to be on a payment plan and take forever to pay him but expect their shit now.. [/QUOTE]He makes more money in a month than half of you guys do in a year. He is a good guy, if he had my money and motor and I knew he was moving I would of pitched a tent in his front yard till I had my parts and money. [/qb][/QUOTE]
Makes more in a month then most here make in a yr lmao this really made me lol.
I'm certain he is gone away to Florida or where ever..

[ 2014-03-14, 06:09 PM: Message edited by: 50Reasons ]

--------------------
50Reasons Car Club President
Daniel/50Reasons
http://youtu.be/n_UkDg_F4MQ
https://youtu.be/066xRvxKy-g

Posts: 9483 | From: Sacramento Ca | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
Greasy
¯
Member # 5258

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greasy  Ford pictures for Greasy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

I guess if you take the price of them new, add the machine work for resurfacing, maybe some springs, locks and retainers...you can say...oh oh...they would be $2500 if i bought them brand new and modded them....
My heads new without any extras were $2,500

--------------------
'93 Cobra-Coyote Powered
'03 DSG Cobra
'13 Dodge Cummins
'14 Rubicon X

Posts: 3272 | From: North Dallas | Registered: Jan 2005  |  :
98 ROUSH
¯
Member # 10309

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 98 ROUSH  Ford pictures for 98 ROUSH    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by BULLITTMAN:
quote:
Originally posted by 98 ROUSH:
 -

Nice selfie, the Easter bunny does exist! [Eek!]
[Big Grin]

--------------------
Built 2v
Stroked, Cammed and Blown
Advanced Auto Built & Kurgan Tuned

Posts: 4678 | From: North Hayward, Cali | Registered: Sep 2010  |  :
CornOil_&_Boost
¯
Member # 5888

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CornOil_&_Boost  Ford pictures for CornOil_&_Boost    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

My heads new without any extras were $2,500
I'm sure they are..because I know YOU have the scratch to do it right the first time...plus 4v heads are $$$$$$4

--------------------
https://www.facebook.com/pushrodpoweredmustangs
'95 Cobra - small engine / small turbo -
'02 Excursion 7.3 - tow vehicle
'14 - Chevy Volt - DD

MUSTTANGUY
¯
Member # 2251

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MUSTTANGUY  Ford pictures for MUSTTANGUY  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Just wanted to offer my condolences.
It seams like you guys are in a bad position and I really hope things work out for you.
Only met Dan once for some parts he needed, seemed like a nice guy, but then again he wasn't holding my money/parts.
This type of situation occurs all too often. Whether there are personal issues, financial issues, or what have you, this is no way to conduct business.
Again, I hope all works out for those involved.

--------------------
Tim (Musttanguy)
97 5.0 coupe
82 GT 427/T56/9"

Jaejae5.0
¯
Member # 7958

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jaejae5.0  Ford pictures for Jaejae5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm sure dan isn't out to screw anyone over..i was working in texas and deposited 1350$ directly to his bank account to pay for a vortech s trim..had a friend pick it up and all was well..exactly as decribed..Also my friend had a boss block and a forged stroker kit that dan was supposed to assemble but my friend picked it up due to Dans situation and time concerns..If he was looking to screw someone over that would be the time..vic Jr heads..brand new boss block..forged everything. .but no..everything was returned..and the machine shop he uses is very busy as well...I'm sure everything will be returned....never had Dan build me a motor..I've only met him once..jus sharing my experience. .goodluck to all

--------------------
1987 notchback h/c/i 302 & 70mm turbo SOLD

2000 camaro ss cam only

Posts: 4890 | From: the combustion chamber | Registered: Oct 2007  |  :
89point.
¯
Member # 6078

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89point.  Ford pictures for 89point.    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

First thing to come to my mind too, sometimes people get hooked on them pills after multiple surgeries and then shit rolls down hill from there or maybe its none of this, hopefully he chimes in soon.
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Dan built my 532, it only took a while because of the Machine Shop being so busy. Once he had all the parts it took a week or so before i picked it up. Dan's a good guy.
When i had a seal leak in the motor he came up here 3hr drive and fixed it, no charge.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

Page: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  19  20  21   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com