Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Unsatisfied Turbo50/Dan Starkey customer (Page 5)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...  19  20  21   
Author Topic: Unsatisfied Turbo50/Dan Starkey customer
AL STOCK
Its All Stock
Cuzzon
Member # 1852

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AL STOCK  Ford pictures for AL STOCK  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Wildfire532FB:
Dan built my 532, it only took a while because of the Machine Shop being so busy. Once he had all the parts it took a week or so before i picked it up. Dan's a good guy.
When i had a seal leak in the motor he came up here 3hr drive and fixed it, no charge.

Week or so compared to years... Big difference.

--------------------
.:: FANATICS ::.

93 Cobra Teal
93 Cobra V Red
90 SSP
SVT Raptor
Huracan Rosso Mars
E63s W213 Selenite Gray
C7Z M7 Daytona Sunrise

Posts: 6498 | From: San Bruno | Registered: Sep 2002  |  :
Greasy
¯
Member # 5258

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greasy  Ford pictures for Greasy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by CornOil_&_Boost:
quote:
Originally posted by Greasy:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by East Bay 50:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by DIRTY SALLY:
quote:
Originally posted by NEIGHT:
I'm going to try to contact him today. The least I want is my parts back, hell my heads are easily $2,500 with what they are N the work done to them.

oh look a cheerleader [Embarrassed]
I'm more laughing at the $2500...hahahah no neight...
Those must be some bad ass heads for $2500!
I've got some $2,500 heads that are BMF's
I guess if you take the price of them new, add the machine work for resurfacing, maybe some springs, locks and retainers...you can say...oh oh...they would be $2500 if i bought them brand new and modded them....
My heads new without any extras were $2,500
I'm sure they are..because I know YOU have the scratch to do it right the first time...plus 4v heads are $$$$$$4
Shit, those were 2V heads for my 408 lol

--------------------
'93 Cobra-Coyote Powered
'03 DSG Cobra
'13 Dodge Cummins
'14 Rubicon X

Posts: 3272 | From: North Dallas | Registered: Jan 2005  |  :
98 ROUSH
¯
Member # 10309

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 98 ROUSH  Ford pictures for 98 ROUSH    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
I'm going to try to contact him today. The least I want is my parts back, hell my heads are easily $2,500 with what they are N the work done to them.

I guess if you take the price of them new, add the machine work for resurfacing, maybe some springs, locks and retainers...you can say...oh oh...they would be $2500 if i bought them brand new and modded them....
I'm sure they are..because I know YOU have the scratch to do it right the first time...plus 4v heads are $$$$$$4
2v FTMFW!

--------------------
Built 2v
Stroked, Cammed and Blown
Advanced Auto Built & Kurgan Tuned

Posts: 4678 | From: North Hayward, Cali | Registered: Sep 2010  |  :
Greasy
¯
Member # 5258

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greasy  Ford pictures for Greasy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 98 ROUSH:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

4v FTMFW!
FTFY

--------------------
'93 Cobra-Coyote Powered
'03 DSG Cobra
'13 Dodge Cummins
'14 Rubicon X

98 ROUSH
¯
Member # 10309

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 98 ROUSH  Ford pictures for 98 ROUSH    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

4v FTMFW!
FTFY
Ls1 bruh!

--------------------
Built 2v
Stroked, Cammed and Blown
Advanced Auto Built & Kurgan Tuned

Posts: 4678 | From: North Hayward, Cali | Registered: Sep 2010  |  :
CornOil_&_Boost
¯
Member # 5888

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CornOil_&_Boost  Ford pictures for CornOil_&_Boost    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

4v FTMFW!
FTFY
Ls1 bruh!
Quote pyramid [Big Grin]

--------------------
https://www.facebook.com/pushrodpoweredmustangs
'95 Cobra - small engine / small turbo -
'02 Excursion 7.3 - tow vehicle
'14 - Chevy Volt - DD

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by AL STOCK:
quote:
Dan built my 532, it only took a while because of the Machine Shop being so busy. Once he had all the parts it took a week or so before i picked it up. Dan's a good guy.
When i had a seal leak in the motor he came up here 3hr drive and fixed it, no charge.

I waited a year for it. That year was the machine shop work, once he got all the parts back from the shop it only took him a week or so to put together.

[ 2014-03-14, 08:31 PM: Message edited by: Wildfire532FB ]

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

LSFairmont
¯
Member # 6001

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LSFairmont  Ford pictures for LSFairmont    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
So you're telling me that NEIGHT got shanked!? That sucks! NEIGHT you better start selling some sweet strawberries and corn and hooking up people with them smogs so you can come up with another $2500
Posts: 3652 | From: the land of the lost | Registered: Sep 2005  |  :
Duncan Motors
¯
Member # 7045

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Duncan Motors  Ford pictures for Duncan Motors    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i had a motor at the machine shop for a year as well.
5.t0es
¯
Member # 5864

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5.t0es  Ford pictures for 5.t0es    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by racsirx:
quote:
Originally posted by TEXAS:
quote:
Originally posted by racsirx:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by *Als50*:
Why bring racirx in on this? [Confused]

Every time turbo50 is in the hospital or MIA, racirx starts a thread that talks about what is going on with Dan and why he hasn't been returning calls
Sorry, I really don't where he is at, I haven't heard from him in a month, I just knew I was getting one of his customers car to finish before he moved to Florida
I wonder if his customers are aware that he moved to Florida?
The two customers I talked to knew about it, I know he has been going back and forth, he told me he was going to finish everything before his final move, I think he is still in the process of moving.
I did not know he moved. He told me he was going to move in a few months. I need to get in contact with him today to see if I can either get all my parts and money he has of mine or a motor I been also waiting for over a year too. This is the only reason why my car isn't done because I've been waiting also I already have my suspension and fuel system done just need to drop it in and tune.
you were on a payment plan though right? [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes]
why does him being on a payment plan matter?

Hope both guys get it squared away and everyones happy [patriot]

[ 2014-03-15, 12:36 AM: Message edited by: 5.t0es ]

Beastly GT500 TVS
¯
Member # 9723

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beastly GT500 TVS  Ford pictures for Beastly GT500 TVS    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sounds like dan has a massive drinking or drug problem cauae this shit dont make sense. Guy steals lots of money from many members on ca fords that at one time respected him as a god in building motors.

--------------------
91/E85 tune by SHAUN AT AED
700HP/700TQ ON E85
10.78@129MPH 1.644 60FT

WWW.AEDHP.COM

Pumpkin_Notch
TEAM PLATINUM
Member # 3946

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pumpkin_Notch  Ford pictures for Pumpkin_Notch  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by AL STOCK:
quote:

I waited a year for it. That year was the machine shop work, once he got all the parts back from the shop it only took him a week or so to put together.
well this setup paid for $6800 had already been to the machine shop and was ready to be put together. Dan said it would be only 4 to 6 months do to him already having to work on other projects

--------------------
TEAM PLATINUM
87LX: T-TOP PUMPKIN NOTCH
94N.C.F.GT: 418w
www.facebook.com/PLATINUM1320tv

Posts: 2790 | From: RICHMOND/sanpablo | Registered: Dec 2003  |  :
Floored
¯
Member # 2312

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Floored  Ford pictures for Floored    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Dan straight up took my money and bailed. I never got my motor or a refund. In conversations he told me to f-off. I went to court, he never showed and I got a judgement that I have yet to be paid on. Stand up guy? I don't think so. But back then when I bitched on here that he ripped me off it was 'okay' because I'm a girl. Well you know what, it's not okay. It wasn't then and it still isn't!!!

[ 2014-03-15, 07:02 AM: Message edited by: Floored ]

--------------------
~Alice
..blast from the past..

Posts: 788 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jan 2003  |  :
351w
¯
Member # 11875

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 351w  Ford pictures for 351w    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Floored:
Dan straight up took my money and bailed. I never got my motor or a refund. In conversations he told me to f-off. I went to court, he never showed and I got a judgement that I have yet to be paid on. Stand up guy? I don't think so. But back then when I bitched on here that he ripped me off it was 'okay' because I'm a girl. Well you know what, it's not okay. It wasn't then and it still isn't!!!

Don't worry I'm sure Dan will make it right he just has some personal issues that he's dealing with, he has a 100k a year job and is a grown man.

[ 2014-03-15, 07:54 AM: Message edited by: TEXAS ]

BLACKOUTLAW
¯
Member # 6821

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BLACKOUTLAW  Ford pictures for BLACKOUTLAW  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Dan is a good guy he will make things right blah blah blah! You guys got Jack! Thank God I never deal whit this dirty bird! Fuck that home build garage shops! I am glad took my dart to groom racing! Just saying and good luck'

--------------------
THE HEART BEAT STOPS HERE!

Greasy
¯
Member # 5258

quote:
quote:

Don't worry I'm sure Dan will make it right he just has some personal issues that he's dealing with, he has a 100k a year job and is a grown man.
So you're in contact with Dan?

--------------------
'93 Cobra-Coyote Powered
'03 DSG Cobra
'13 Dodge Cummins
'14 Rubicon X

351w
¯
Member # 11875

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 351w  Ford pictures for 351w    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB

[ 2014-03-15, 08:56 AM: Message edited by: TEXAS ]

Camara90
1%
Member # 134

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Camara90  Ford pictures for Camara90  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Not sure about anybody else's problems on here because I don't know them, only talk personally with a few people on here. But I do know that Dan and I met a few years back, and when he did some work for me I could not have been happier. Shit, when I showed up to his house to drop off my motor I offered to give him money up front and he said "NO" that he would float the cash for the parts until It was done. I know shops that don't even do that. So things things in this thread just don't add up.
After Dan and I did our business we stayed in touch throughout the years. I remember one time I called him interested in building a Dart block setup with some new heads and some other parts. Dan asked me when I was thinking of doing it? I said when the cash comes in because I don't like using credit for a hobby. Dan offered to pay for everything and build it for me, and said pay me when you can. I have best friends/family that wouldn't do that shit for me. Of coarse I told Dan No Thanks, because that's not how I roll. But it does not sound like someone who is a thief to me.

Two sides to every story, hope all is worked out.

--------------------
92GT,stock short block,9:1 TFS 170's,perf rpm,custom cam,1 5/8 shorties,C4 trans.
std. 356hp, 350tq
11.85@111.9mph on motor.

stangin'
¯
Member # 514

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangin'  Ford pictures for stangin'    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Just a few quotes from another thread, this should put people @ ease, Dan will make things right with all the evidence below I don't have any doubts.

Railsmear says:

It suck you're in this predicament but this is just sad. Dan isn't trying to screw you over he doesn't want your p.o.s parts or motor. Dan's got his own set of problems and his own life he's dealing with. Not to mention its the holiday season. Sounds to me like you fuxked yourself by even taking a loan out in the first place. Can't afford it, don't buy it.

I'm sure that as soon as Dan has time to finish your motor it will be done, people have lives and real jobs that bring in 100k a year. This car shit is a side hobby to him and its not priority over family. So calm.your ass down. Because nobody on here really even gives a shit about your problems. Be a man and go see him face to face if it's really all bad, but I stead you hop on the forum and cry like a girl.

Arch says:

I think Dan will come through. Obviously things are strenuous for him right now. I've see first hand how cool the dude is. I've called him at 9:30 at night to ask motor questions. This was BEFORE I had ever spoken with him at all. He cares about all his fellow hot rodders and will get back into the groove I'm sure.

Pcsal:

Listen I just got off the phone with Dan he is not trying to rip anyone off. He said he will give everyone their shit back and also the money you payed him. But some of you guys also need to remember on some of these projects the length of time was not his fault it was people who did not have the cash getting him to do shit . If some of the stuff would have been in the machine shop or no Dan they could have put a lien on the shit and kept it all. Dan has a lot of family shit going on and I honestly believe anyone on this board would take care of the family shit first. But once again he said he is not going to screw anyone he does not want or need your stuff.

Turbo50 says:

I have no intenions of keeping anyones parts or taking anyones money.

Six9250 says:

^ Grown ass man right there....end of story...glad to see you alive and well my friend,cafords misses ya hope all is well Dan

T-top50 says:

That's my boy ^^^^^ like B said "grown ass man"

Epik says:

Real talk!!! I commend Turbo50 for his response. Definitely a grown man response by owning up to his responsibility & the errors on his part. This response shows A LOT of class on his end, unlike much of the other BS we deal with on Forums, especially here on CAFORDS. I don't know him personally, but I have heard nothing but positive things about him since I first joined this site.

grown ass man or not, where's the INTEGRITY??? a person with good intentions should know better period!!!

i had a small dealing with him years back when he was pretty active on the forum. i couldn't and never did recommended him to anyone else. he seemed like an OK dude, but business wise, he better stick to his day time job and quit this side business BS.

9cobra7
¯
Member # 2812

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9cobra7  Ford pictures for 9cobra7    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

Tell us a little more about this incident please.

Did you live in Michigan at the time this all happened, or did you live in California at the time? Just wondering because it's a lot easier to screw somebody over when they're out of state.

--------------------
If you can't walk and chew gum at the same time, don't walk.

fiftwyz
¯
Member # 8351

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fiftwyz  Ford pictures for fiftwyz    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Grown man or not someone needs his wagon fixed!!!!!!!!
Gnari-Garage
CAFords OG
Member # 3164

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gnari-Garage  Ford pictures for Gnari-Garage    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

Are you fucking kidding me? Read the posts, he is a thief!!! if he was a good guy these guys wouldn't be on here talking shit! Also ya I hope gives people their stuff/money back but that still will not make him a "stand up guy" because as of right now he is a thief....
Also who cares how much he makes, he is a crook,
ALSO Fuck his family problem, if he has issues he should have called everyone, apologized, and gave their stuff back.

Look 5 pages of posts and no comment from him. I think this post needs to be make into a sticky and Dan needs to be removed from the site! I don't know him, I'm just giving my opinion based on all the past post I have read about "Turbo50/Dan"

--------------------
2017 McLaren 570GT
2019 Audi S5
2017 Tundra 7" Lift, 37" Tires

Posts: 4017 | From: 916-sacramento | Registered: Aug 2003  |  :
351w
¯
Member # 11875

quote:
Originally posted by Z06-FTMFW:
quote:
quote:

Are you fucking kidding me? Read the posts, he is a thief!!! if he was a good guy these guys wouldn't be on here talking shit! Also ya I hope gives people their stuff/money back but that still will not make him a "stand up guy" because as of right now he is a thief....
Also who cares how much he makes, he is a crook,
ALSO Fuck his family problem, if he has issues he should have called everyone, apologized, and gave their stuff back.

Look 5 pages of posts and no comment from him. I think this post needs to be make into a sticky and Dan needs to be removed from the site! I don't know him, I'm just giving my opinion based on all the past post I have read about "Turbo50/Dan"

This is all just a big misunderstanding, Dan isn't out to take your money or parts he has a 100k a year job, he will make things right, he's just dealing with more important things in life right now.
BLACKOUTLAW
¯
Member # 6821

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BLACKOUTLAW  Ford pictures for BLACKOUTLAW  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Well said mr zo6! [patriot]

--------------------
THE HEART BEAT STOPS HERE!

H8RPWRD
¯
Member # 12588

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for H8RPWRD  Ford pictures for H8RPWRD    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Let's take a CAFords field trip to Florida [Razz]

--------------------
89 Lx Vert
93 LX Notch- sold
01 Bullitt #00919- Sold
90 LX- Sold
89 LX Vert- Sold
89 LX (DarkHorse)-Sold

Page: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...  19  20  21   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com