Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Unsatisfied Turbo50/Dan Starkey customer (Page 3)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  19  20  21   
Author Topic: Unsatisfied Turbo50/Dan Starkey customer
351w
¯
Member # 11875

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 351w  Ford pictures for 351w    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by AL STOCK:
quote:
Originally posted by TEXAS:
Dan is a stand up guy he will make this right, he is just dealing with more important issues in life that had to put the motor builds on the back burner

Really? As someone else stated above, he couldn't make things right living in NorCal, what makes you think he will make it right from the other part of the country?

Maybe he will take personal trips back and forth once a year to work on the projects?

Dude needs to give folks back their stuff and/or $$$$$ back.

Sucks for the folks who still have their parts/cars with him.

For really
DIRTY SALLY
¯
Member # 7845

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DIRTY SALLY  Ford pictures for DIRTY SALLY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
dan just posted this on his instagram lmfao
 -

--------------------
---------
Savage Habits
instagram @2cheezen

blackfifty
¯
Member # 9023

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for blackfifty  Ford pictures for blackfifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
He sets his prices not anyone else, if he's lurking then he knows all the bridges he's burning and how bad his reputation is becoming. Be a man and either finish the builds or give people their money back, its as simple as that.

--------------------
03 Terminator

Floored
¯
Member # 2312

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Floored  Ford pictures for Floored    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm going to go ahead an assume this is Starkey. I have a judgement against him from my small claims suit for the money he owed me, guess what, I have yet to see a single dollar from him. If anyone wants to send me his last known address perhaps I can file a lien on something. :/

--------------------
~Alice
..blast from the past..

Posts: 788 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jan 2003  |  :
87TURBO
¯
Member # 9257

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 87TURBO  Ford pictures for 87TURBO    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Where is all his cheerleaders now!

--------------------
turbo people

Posts: 403 | From: modesto/sanjose | Registered: Jun 2009  |  :
DIRTY SALLY
¯
Member # 7845

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DIRTY SALLY  Ford pictures for DIRTY SALLY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 87TURBO:

creepin [Wink]

--------------------
---------
Savage Habits
instagram @2cheezen

redvenom
¯
Member # 12651

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for redvenom  Ford pictures for redvenom    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I just dont see how some fokes can wait a year even two years for there motor to be done on top of that dish out a few grand and proformance parts, if you dont hear from the guy after a few months that should send up red flags. I meet dan only one time and he seems like a cool guy hopefuly you guys get everything resolved with dan and everything works out.... good luck [patriot]

--------------------
1990 Gt
Some what stock
1993 GT vert-(stolen)

NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm going to try to contact him today. The least I want is my parts back, hell my heads are easily $2,500 with what they are N the work done to them. Only reason why I haven't been bugging him is because the last time I talked to him he said he'll be around for at least a couple more months and he would contact me if I had to either pick up my full motor or all my parts and money. That was about a month an a half ago but now I see people saying he left already? No I need to talk to him I'm not giving up my parts N my cash.

[ 2014-03-14, 01:11 PM: Message edited by: NEIGHT ]

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1986 Hatch- catfish killer
1964 Impala hard top

Posts: 18528 | From: EA$T $IDE REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
DIRTY SALLY
¯
Member # 7845

quote:
Originally posted by NEIGHT:
I'm going to try to contact him today. The least I want is my parts back, hell my heads are easily $2,500 with what they are N the work done to them.

oh look a cheerleader [Embarrassed]

--------------------
---------
Savage Habits
instagram @2cheezen

East Bay 50
¯
Member # 8081

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for East Bay 50  Ford pictures for East Bay 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by DIRTY SALLY:
dan just posted this on his instagram lmfao
 -

LOL!

--------------------
Kurgan tuned stroked and blown 347 foxbody. boost nukka!

CornOil_&_Boost
¯
Member # 5888

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CornOil_&_Boost  Ford pictures for CornOil_&_Boost    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
I'm going to try to contact him today. The least I want is my parts back, hell my heads are easily $2,500 with what they are N the work done to them.

I'm more laughing at the $2500...hahahah no neight...

--------------------
https://www.facebook.com/pushrodpoweredmustangs
'95 Cobra - small engine / small turbo -
'02 Excursion 7.3 - tow vehicle
'14 - Chevy Volt - DD

East Bay 50
¯
Member # 8081

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for East Bay 50  Ford pictures for East Bay 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by CornOil_&_Boost:
quote:
quote:

I'm more laughing at the $2500...hahahah no neight...
Those must be some bad ass heads for $2500!

--------------------
Kurgan tuned stroked and blown 347 foxbody. boost nukka!

Gnari-Garage
CAFords OG
Member # 3164

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gnari-Garage  Ford pictures for Gnari-Garage    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 135.0:
Life kicks your ass once in awhile, I know the pictures are all fun and games and shit but I know the people who trusted Dan to put together mostly bad ass motors. You realize when you pay someone upfront you're in it with them through thick and thin and if they fall so does your deal. I've dealt with this many times to many good people with good intentions who in this hobby world, first loves the hobby, 2nd loves to see others enjoy the hobby, last thing is to get paid. But always remember the key here is $, how much you could save, how much time you have and how you can leverage others to get you what you want for cheap. People like Dan are collateral damage in situations like this, if you cheap fuckers would pay him exactly what he's worth he probably wouldnt have money problems, he'd also probably have his own shop, he might not have so many people wanting him to build them motors to the point he was backed up as bad as he was. This probably caused him stress, this probably caused his other private issues. Spending your every last free minute to spend on the hobby so people can enjoy it on the cheap will cause strain with others around you that are not as passionate about the hobby as you are. I don't truly know what happened to Dan's personal life, I don't need to because I already know this side work played a part in all of it.

So for the people who at the moment are out money, engines, parts. MOVE ON, chalk it up as a loss or sue the guy but having him do the work on the cheap like you expected is obviously not happening anytime soon. You need to move forward to the next project or chapter, turn the page. And remember the lesson you learned, never pay anybody upfront for any work, always get a set time frame for completion of work, the best deal isn't always the cheapest. In fact it is hardly the cheapest EVER.

Hope this helps any of the fucked over, otherwise.

LET HIM ALONE! [Mad]

I'm speechless... Yes I think people were stupid for giving him parts and money, but if the guy wasn't a thief, he wouldn't take their money/parts and vanish! He had money issue/Family problem? FUCK HIM! tell him to deal with it! If he can't deal with it, just don't take any new customers. Also if the pressure got to him and he was an honest guy, he would have called his customers and returned the parts and money. Just could of said "Sorry guys I'm just too busy with family issue". I'm sure people would have understood.
Also this isn't the first customer on CAFORDS to write about the same story, so are all these members lying or is DAN a THIEF!
Someone said to sue him, well that's hard since he is broke and well suing a broke guy is just pointless.
I know he has had a good reputation here, but regardless of the past, he has members money and parts. He should have fixed it all before running away!

--------------------
2017 McLaren 570GT
2019 Audi S5
2017 Tundra 7" Lift, 37" Tires

Posts: 4017 | From: 916-sacramento | Registered: Aug 2003  |  :
Gnari-Garage
CAFords OG
Member # 3164

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gnari-Garage  Ford pictures for Gnari-Garage    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
SO lets take a poll?

How many people's money/parts does Dan have?

--------------------
2017 McLaren 570GT
2019 Audi S5

Gnari-Garage
CAFords OG
Member # 3164

quote:
Originally posted by Floored:
I'm going to go ahead an assume this is Starkey. I have a judgement against him from my small claims suit for the money he owed me, guess what, I have yet to see a single dollar from him. If anyone wants to send me his last known address perhaps I can file a lien on something. :/

All members that he has stolen your money, parts should hire a PI and find his ass.
[Big Grin]

[ 2014-03-14, 01:27 PM: Message edited by: Z06-FTMFW ]

--------------------
2017 McLaren 570GT
2019 Audi S5

Floored
¯
Member # 2312

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Floored  Ford pictures for Floored    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Where is the poll?

He took me for about $3500 years ago

--------------------
~Alice
..blast from the past..

Posts: 788 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jan 2003  |  :
DIRTY SALLY
¯
Member # 7845

quote:
Where is the poll?

Damn son 3500

--------------------
---------
Savage Habits
instagram @2cheezen

68dustin
CAFords OG
Member # 5388

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 68dustin  Ford pictures for 68dustin    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 87TURBO:

never did me dirty.. [Smile] sorry to hear about this.. seemed like a nice guy & did great work.

--------------------
"As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction that I can keep, and if I do begin to slide, please dear God protect me and my ride!"

Posts: 3986 | From: neverland | Registered: Feb 2005  |  :
Blue92
¯
Member # 8789

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue92  Ford pictures for Blue92    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Where is the poll?

[Eek!]
Stangn5oh
¯
Member # 10875

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stangn5oh  Ford pictures for Stangn5oh  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Daam, i thought i opened peoples eyes on my post about dan just so they can get there stuff back.

I got all my stuff back since about a month ago, a day before he left or so... i recieved it not built , unassembled as i gave it to him, and parts he ordered for my motor which made us even...

I kept people updated who contacted me about dan "only of what i knew" but i guess they were blinded by people still sticking up for him

Daam neight sorry to hear, he told me he was building you a motor, but you never contacted me, or added your commentary on any of my dan postings on Facebook or on here, i assumed you also were working something out with him thats why i didnt keep you updated aswell ,my bad bro

--------------------
88 lx
17 Renegade turbo
18 Compass 4x4

Hit the gasser, go faster, all u heard was dual exhaust n flowmasters.

Posts: 1643 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Apr 2011  |  :
H8RPWRD
¯
Member # 12588

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for H8RPWRD  Ford pictures for H8RPWRD    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Who's gonna be the one to piss on him? Lol

--------------------
89 Lx Vert
93 LX Notch- sold
01 Bullitt #00919- Sold
90 LX- Sold
89 LX Vert- Sold
89 LX (DarkHorse)-Sold

Built88LX
¯
Member # 10758

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Built88LX  Ford pictures for Built88LX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by ISP89LX:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by racsirx:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by racsirx:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by *Als50*:
Why bring racirx in on this? [Confused]

Every time turbo50 is in the hospital or MIA, racirx starts a thread that talks about what is going on with Dan and why he hasn't been returning calls
Sorry, I really don't where he is at, I haven't heard from him in a month, I just knew I was getting one of his customers car to finish before he moved to Florida
I wonder if his customers are aware that he moved to Florida?
The two customers I talked to knew about it, I know he has been going back and forth, he told me he was going to finish everything before his final move, I think he is still in the process of moving.
I did not know he moved. He told me he was going to move in a few months. I need to get in contact with him today to see if I can either get all my parts and money he has of mine or a motor I been also waiting for over a year too. This is the only reason why my car isn't done because I've been waiting also I already have my suspension and fuel system done just need to drop it in and tune.
Looks like we are all in the same boat! Kinda frustrating man, hopefully he makes things rite and we move on.
damn seems to me either he is taking on way more work than he can manage in his schedule or maybe he burned a whole crapload of members for parts and money
Posts: 2390 | From: $acramento | Registered: Mar 2011  |  :
9cobra7
¯
Member # 2812

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9cobra7  Ford pictures for 9cobra7    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Is it possible this guy is bi polar? Or maybe he has a drug problem?
He sounded like a really stand up guy at some point but his non communication and off and on ways remind me of someone on drugs [Confused]
Possible he got addicted to pain meds from all his accidents and hospital visits, just an idea.

--------------------
If you can't walk and chew gum at the same time, don't walk.

SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 9cobra7:
Is it possible this guy is bi polar? Or maybe he has a drug problem?
He sounded like a really stand up guy at some point but his non communication and off and on ways remind me of someone on drugs [Confused]
Possible he got addicted to pain meds from all his accidents and hospital visits, just an idea.

I hope this isn't the case. I really hope this whole thing turns out to be some big misunderstanding and lack of communication. Hopefully Dan can respond to this and contact everyone and get them their stuff back.

--------------------
Originally posted by turbo50:
I have no intenions of keeping anyones parts or taking anyones money.

Robb
¯
Member # 9444

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robb  Ford pictures for Robb    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What i dont understand to those who defend this guy to the core, Its been over a year for some of these guys who haven't seen any progress or money. He is hoarding people's parts. There are several people who just want their parts back. Why isnt this guy giving them their parts back? Its been YEARS, He obviously isnt going to get around to building these motors. Its almost like he is refusing to give their parts AND money back.

Did this guy sell off people's parts for money? Where is all this stuff? If he has packed up and moved, Where is the stuff being held?

There is a whole lot of "be patient guys" and "he will get around to it" comments being thrown around for months now. Nothing is changing. If the guy has forgotten that someone has paid him $6k, He sure as hell is going to forget what belongs to who in his garage after all this time.

This isnt just 1 member or 2. It seems like half of the active members of this board are getting ripped off right now.

[ 2014-03-14, 02:49 PM: Message edited by: Robb ]

Posts: 2467 | From: Sacramento,CA | Registered: Sep 2009  |  :

Page: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  19  20  21   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com