Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » 1998-2002 LS1 Camaro's (Page 5)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...  15  16  17   
Author Topic: 1998-2002 LS1 Camaro's
50DADDY
CAFords OG
Member # 3076

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50DADDY  Ford pictures for 50DADDY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by *EPIK*:
I'm not a huge F-Body fan styling wise, & yes the interior quality is pretty crappy, & the 10 bolt is glass. But the drivetrain shits on anything ford put out at the same time period (98-02). The SLA front suspension & rear tq arm/phb setup is far superior to the 1970's Fox chassis that Ford kept until 2005...

I've never owned an F-Body, & never will, but I'm not biased & blinded by the Blue Oval either. Gotta respect the bang for the buck the 4th gen F-Body offers.

On another note, although better, the 94-04 Mustang interior isn't all that great either....

I knew id suck you into this one.Love ya man.Im not blinded,im bitter,lol.Years of growing up a Ford and Mopar guy around a bunch of shit talking Chevy guys made me this way.
But yes,the bang for the buck is definitely there.

--------------------
"Im not stupid,i just act that way so i dont make you dummies uncomfortable."

"Old age and treachery shall overcome youth and skill."

Posts: 4827 | From: Suckramento | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *EPIK*  Ford pictures for *EPIK*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 50DADDY:
quote:
I'm not a huge F-Body fan styling wise, & yes the interior quality is pretty crappy, & the 10 bolt is glass. But the drivetrain shits on anything ford put out at the same time period (98-02). The SLA front suspension & rear tq arm/phb setup is far superior to the 1970's Fox chassis that Ford kept until 2005...

I've never owned an F-Body, & never will, but I'm not biased & blinded by the Blue Oval either. Gotta respect the bang for the buck the 4th gen F-Body offers.

On another note, although better, the 94-04 Mustang interior isn't all that great either....

I knew id suck you into this one.Love ya man.Im not blinded,im bitter,lol.Years of growing up a Ford and Mopar guy around a bunch of shit talking Chevy guys made me this way.

hahaha!!!! I was waiting for your reply... U know the new edge interior aint the best either because we both already talked about all that damn plastic LOL!!!

--------------------
=91 Notch:12.31@110 **Under Construction**
=05 CTS-V: 418rwhp/393rwtq=13.01@111

http://www.djepikmusic.com

50DADDY
CAFords OG
Member # 3076

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50DADDY  Ford pictures for 50DADDY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:

hahaha!!!! I was waiting for your reply... U know the new edge interior aint the best either because we both already talked about all that damn plastic LOL!!!
LMAO!Youll notice i got rid of it. [patriot]

--------------------
"Im not stupid,i just act that way so i dont make you dummies uncomfortable."

"Old age and treachery shall overcome youth and skill."

Posts: 4827 | From: Suckramento | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
Driftking209
¯
Member # 10458

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Driftking209  Ford pictures for Driftking209    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
most of the ls1's come with 330+ at the crank you tube that shit all day, some people getting 340 at the crank
2T0NE
Go 49ers
Member # 4216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2T0NE  Ford pictures for 2T0NE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
LS1BRUHHH FTW

--------------------
Originally posted by x Raelsmar x:
Can't wait till the Giants lose tomorrow night so all you Giants fans are forced to shut the fuck up.

Posts: 14676 | From: 760 carlsbad | Registered: Mar 2004  |  :
*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *EPIK*  Ford pictures for *EPIK*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
LS6 on mines LOL... How can anybody be mad at 418rwhp/393rwtq with nothing but full exhaust, cam, drop in K&N, & a tune?

[ April 17, 2012, 02:51 AM: Message edited by: *EPIK* ]

--------------------

*1 HoT Ls1*
¯
Member # 8703

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *1 HoT Ls1*  Ford pictures for *1 HoT Ls1*  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Heres my .02 cents on Camaros.Other than the 67-73 models,theres a reason you dont see many 20+ year old Crapmaros on the road.And that reason is they are low quality,plastic fantastic junk cars.The LSX motors may be strong,blah,blah,blah.But the cars are crappy.You see tons of nice 80's and 90's Mustangs on the road but how many nice 80's and 90's Camaros do you see?Lol.And thats because theyre cheaply built garbage.The doors wont close and windows wont roll up,the cats need replacing every other year and the o2 sensors need replacing every 6 months....etc,etc.And the same will hold true for the "almighty" LT1 and LS1 Camaros and the current pile of crap theyre pushing right now.
Ok,now i know some Camaro people and turncoats are gonna fire back at me for this,so fire away cookie cutter boys,your Crapmaros are still cheap,heavy,ugly,piles of camel dung no matter how fast and theyll be in the yard at Pick-n-Pull within 10-20 years,lol. [patriot]

You know i had to open one of these in here!!!!!!
No hard feelins now kids. [Wink]
 -

that's because the 80 and early 90 maros are in my opinion crap. the lt1 motor is not a good way to go. the body is ok. now the iroc camaro is a worse engine. but they look good on iroc rims. beside that its late 60s, early 70s. and 98-02!

--------------------
BAY AREA STUNNAZ/
1HOTLS1/
JUST ANOTHER 10 SEC LS1

Posts: 257 | From: South City | Registered: Oct 2008  |  :
*1 HoT Ls1*
¯
Member # 8703

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *1 HoT Ls1*  Ford pictures for *1 HoT Ls1*  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The LSX motors may be strong,blah,blah,blah.But the cars are crappy.You see tons of nice 80's and 90's Mustangs on the road but how many nice 80's and 90's Camaros do you see?

The reason you see so many 50's on the street is simple. as my boy who owns one even said, "its a poor mans muscle car" with roughly 6 racks u can have a hci 50 and some.

--------------------
BAY AREA STUNNAZ/
1HOTLS1/
JUST ANOTHER 10 SEC LS1

warhorse58gt
¯
Member # 7702

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for warhorse58gt  Ford pictures for warhorse58gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
lol this thread is pure giggles! [patriot] most of the cats in this thread have no clue how to get a fox to work. or how to drive one! shit i had a 100% stock short block. heads & a old preformer 5.0 intake. the old ones with the 5.0 stamped in them. shorty headers and the rest of the bolts ons. the car ran 12.6 @ 107 with cats 100% smog legal & a road race style suspension. no weight transfer at all. can't tell you how many 450+ whp ls1 running in the 11-12's i see at sac raceway. my car with 430whp runs 10.5's & 124. maybe you kids and your freeway speeding get pulled on. but if you can drive and your car is set, you will be out bus lengths on the ls1. he will have to try to run you down. know how many ls1 get by my mustang now on the street? 0 now i'm not saying i'm the fastest car ever and will never lose to one, but it sure as hell won't be a ls1 in a crapmaro or fireturd! [patriot]

--------------------
WOLFPACK RACING

With guns, we are 'citizens'. Without them, we are 'subjects'.

83gt 354ci sbf 9.40 @ 143
77 cobra 2 171ci 97hp of pure fury!

Robb
¯
Member # 9444

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robb  Ford pictures for Robb    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Most of the 80s fox bodies and sn95s I see on the road are broke down faded paint piles of crap. I see a nice one every several months. No stock/bolt on mustang from the 80s and 90s could compete with the fbody ls1s in stock trim.. 320rwhp bone stock for 5-7k bucks is hard to beat
Posts: 2467 | From: Sacramento,CA | Registered: Sep 2009  |  :
warhorse58gt
¯
Member # 7702

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for warhorse58gt  Ford pictures for warhorse58gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Robb:
Most of the 80s fox bodies and sn95s I see on the road are broke down faded paint piles of crap. I see a nice one every several months. No stock/bolt on mustang from the 80s and 90s could compete with the fbody ls1s in stock trim.. 320rwhp bone stock for 5-7k bucks is hard to beat

this just points out what i said. no clue how to set up a fox. lol for 5-7k i'll buy a fox and get it in the 10's. [patriot] [patriot]

--------------------
WOLFPACK RACING

*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

Either way, both Mustangs & Camaro's have their strong & weak points. I am just saying, the Mustangs from the same time period as the LSX powered 4th Gen Camaro's don't really compare power wise or in bang for the buck...

After owning a 32V Mach 1 & seeing how my car only trapped like 107-108 mph with full bolt ons & a tune was pretty disappointing. I personally will NEVER own another 32v Mustang unless it's a 2011+... My 03/04 had valve issues at only 50k miles, & that is unacceptable on an N/A car that's babied IMO...

Now my fox body on the other hand & Fox's in general... Those cars impress me all the time. It has a stock bottom end 100k+ mile motor with a basic HCI setup, full exhaust, gears, power pipe, basic bolt ons, & an AC/Smog pump delete ran 12.31 @109. This was with Road race coil overs up front & eibach sport lines out back so the car had ZERO weight transfer & like a 1.85 60ft. Also I'm a track noob, so my driving isn't the best...

Warhorse your car(s) are always impressive & I respect you... I just disagree with you about LSX motors... They are also impressive, can't deny that...

Pushrods are where it's @ IMO....

[ April 17, 2012, 03:57 AM: Message edited by: *EPIK* ]

--------------------

Robb
¯
Member # 9444

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robb  Ford pictures for Robb    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by warhorse58gt:
quote:

this just points out what i said. no clue how to set up a fox. lol for 5-7k i'll buy a fox and get it in the 10's. [patriot] [patriot]
I'm talking about stock cars. Anybody could mod a car to be fast. The fact you can get a bone stock 320rwhp 6 speed car for 5-7k is unbeatable
warhorse58gt
¯
Member # 7702

quote:
quote:
quote:

I'm talking about stock cars. Anybody could mod a car to be fast. The fact you can get a bone stock 320rwhp 6 speed car for 5-7k is unbeatable
2 things wrong with this. 1 no one every buys a car to keep it stock. 2nd. glad you got 320 rwhp and still run low 14's. [patriot]

--------------------
WOLFPACK RACING

warhorse58gt
¯
Member # 7702

quote:
Either way, both Mustangs & Camaro's have their strong & weak points. I am just saying, the Mustangs from the same time period as the LSX powered 4th Gen Camaro's don't really compare power wise or in bang for the buck...

After owning a 32V Mach 1 & seeing how my car only trapped like 107-108 mph with full bolt ons & a tune was pretty disappointing. I personally will NEVER own another 32v Mustang unless it's a 2011+... My 03/04 had valve issues at only 50k miles, & that is unacceptable on an N/A car that's babied IMO...

Now my fox body on the other hand & Fox's in general... Those cars impress me all the time. It has a stock bottom end 100k+ mile motor with a basic HCI setup, full exhaust, gears, power pipe, basic bolt ons, & an AC/Smog pump delete ran 12.31 @109. This was with Road race coil overs up front & eibach sport lines out back so the car had ZERO weight transfer & like a 1.85 60ft. Also I'm a track noob, so my driving isn't the best...

Warhorse your car(s) are always impressive & I respect you... I just disagree with you about LSX motors... They are also impressive, can't deny that...

never said the ls1's don't make power. i have some buddy's that make great power with them. but he (op) asked about 98-02 crapmaro's. dollar for dollar, they will never be as fast as a fox. it's that simple. ls1 guys never want to compare equal motors. they always want to do stock to stock. why? cause they have better heads, more cubes, bigger cams. but when you say let me add a cam or heads to my stock short block to equal the playing field they always cry fowl. why? cause they know if you just throw some h/c/i on a well set up car they will get drug out. any motor can make power. power don't mean nothing if it's in a crappy chassis. 83-02 maro's are just shit for doing anything but going straight.

--------------------
WOLFPACK RACING

Raelsmar
¯
Member # 9804

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Raelsmar  Ford pictures for Raelsmar    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
So just out of curiosity, if one were in the market for a 98-02 Z28 or SS Camaro, 6 speed of course, what would you look out for when looking to buy?

--------------------
2010 Genesis 2.0T

If you can read this, then it's burrito time

Originally posted by 2T0NE
Niners deserve to lose

Raiders Lakers A's

Posts: 3768 | From: Vallejo, CA | Registered: Feb 2010  |  :
Robb
¯
Member # 9444

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

2 things wrong with this. 1 no one every buys a car to keep it stock. 2nd. glad you got 320 rwhp and still run low 14's. [patriot]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUna_lNIaDg&feature=related

Yep they run 14's stock. [patriot]

*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

quote:
quote:

never said the ls1's don't make power. i have some buddy's that make great power with them. but he (op) asked about 98-02 crapmaro's. dollar for dollar, they will never be as fast as a fox. it's that simple. ls1 guys never want to compare equal motors. they always want to do stock to stock. why? cause they have better heads, more cubes, bigger cams. but when you say let me add a cam or heads to my stock short block to equal the playing field they always cry fowl. why? cause they know if you just throw some h/c/i on a well set up car they will get drug out. any motor can make power. power don't mean nothing if it's in a crappy chassis. 83-02 maro's are just shit for doing anything but going straight.
I won't argue with you there...
[patriot]

--------------------

warhorse58gt
¯
Member # 7702

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUna_lNIaDg&feature=related

Yep they run 14's stock. [patriot]

lol you want me to take video of how many run 14's at sac? i'm at the track all the time. glad you found one on youtube that went faster. you know how many i can find on youtube the runs 14's. now show me one with 320whp that runs 12.5's or faster. my 100% smog legal 88 coupe on road race suspension went 12.5's @ 109 with only 280whp. shit i think i still have video of a ls1 guy with 470whp that could only run 11.7x's. that was on slicks and is 40 more whp than my car now yet 1.2 seconds slower. [Wink]

--------------------
WOLFPACK RACING

Egocentric
¯
Member # 9529

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Egocentric  Ford pictures for Egocentric    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
So just out of curiosity, if one were in the market for a 98-02 Z28 or SS Camaro, 6 speed of course, what would you look out for when looking to buy?

Where to start..

Listen for whining from the 10 Bolt.
Look at the slave & Master cylinders for leakage.
Listen for a cold-startup knock, mine did it but it goes away within a minute.

Thats about it.

--------------------
08 G37S
72 C10 Custom
R6

quote:
ain't no one tell me what to do. - NEIGHT

Posts: 1712 | From: NoOneTellMeWhatToDo-Neight | Registered: Oct 2009  |  :
wichoms4
¯
Member # 10900

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for wichoms4  Ford pictures for wichoms4    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I running straight bolt ons no cam n I'm blowing h/c/I fox body doors off on my stock tune. F-bodys have big potential. The down side of it is the drive train. The stock 10bolt rearends break eaisly. A cam n 150shot ls1 makes around 540rwhp+ & 580rwtq+

--------------------
1998 CAMARO SS

Anyone can shift an auto, but not too many can bang gears...

wichoms4
¯
Member # 10900

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for wichoms4  Ford pictures for wichoms4    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
@warhore... Anyone can say this that. Then why 80% of the cam only ls1 camaros break into da 10's???? Read n look at da facts. Record for cam only is a 9.98 check da video out. U just run Ur mouth.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEQE-Ea1kfM&feature=youtube_gdata_player

--------------------
1998 CAMARO SS

Raelsmar
¯
Member # 9804

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Raelsmar  Ford pictures for Raelsmar    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Wrenchin:
quote:

Where to start..

Thats about it.

Can the 10 bolt be replaced by a 12 bolt rear end? Or would it be worth it?

--------------------
2010 Genesis 2.0T

If you can read this, then it's burrito time

Originally posted by 2T0NE
Niners deserve to lose

Raiders Lakers A's

Posts: 3768 | From: Vallejo, CA | Registered: Feb 2010  |  :
wichoms4
¯
Member # 10900

quote:
quote:
quote:

Where to start..

Thats about it.

Can the 10 bolt be replaced by a 12 bolt rear end? Or would it be worth it?
Yes it can. Moser makes a 12bolt for f-body or u can go with a moser 9inch

--------------------
1998 CAMARO SS

*1 HoT Ls1*
¯
Member # 8703

quote:
quote:

Where to start..

Thats about it.

Ive owned mine for about 5 years now and have raced the fucking shit outa her so bad! and never had i had one problem with my car, except having to change the tensioner and stock trans. the motors are legit.

--------------------
BAY AREA STUNNAZ/
1HOTLS1/
JUST ANOTHER 10 SEC LS1

Page: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...  15  16  17   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com