Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » 1998-2002 LS1 Camaro's (Page 6)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  ...  15  16  17   
Author Topic: 1998-2002 LS1 Camaro's
18x10roushes
¯
Member # 5269

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 18x10roushes  Ford pictures for 18x10roushes    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by x Raelsmar x:
quote:
Originally posted by Wrenchin:
quote:
So just out of curiosity, if one were in the market for a 98-02 Z28 or SS Camaro, 6 speed of course, what would you look out for when looking to buy?

Where to start..

Listen for whining from the 10 Bolt.
Look at the slave & Master cylinders for leakage.
Listen for a cold-startup knock, mine did it but it goes away within a minute.

Thats about it.

Can the 10 bolt be replaced by a 12 bolt rear end? Or would it be worth it?
12bolt Well worth it 4l60e suck !!!

--------------------
http://fastgms-teamfast.com/

MEMBER OF TEAM FAST
RIP Willie G

*1 HoT Ls1*
¯
Member # 8703

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *1 HoT Ls1*  Ford pictures for *1 HoT Ls1*  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bFWPrSEJnI

that there is a stock bottom end LS1 with heads and cam! end of discussion. lol

--------------------
BAY AREA STUNNAZ/
1HOTLS1/
JUST ANOTHER 10 SEC LS1

Posts: 257 | From: South City | Registered: Oct 2008  |  :
*1 HoT Ls1*
¯
Member # 8703

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *1 HoT Ls1*  Ford pictures for *1 HoT Ls1*  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 18x10roushes:
quote:
quote:
quote:
So just out of curiosity, if one were in the market for a 98-02 Z28 or SS Camaro, 6 speed of course, what would you look out for when looking to buy?

Where to start..

Listen for whining from the 10 Bolt.
Look at the slave & Master cylinders for leakage.
Listen for a cold-startup knock, mine did it but it goes away within a minute.

Thats about it.

Can the 10 bolt be replaced by a 12 bolt rear end? Or would it be worth it?
12bolt Well worth it 4l60e suck !!!
I ran tens with my 10 bolt and 4l60e. 10 bolt sucks but tranny is a dam champ if built right! Im the one whos proven the "who said a stock 4l60e cant go season after season with nitrous".

--------------------
BAY AREA STUNNAZ/
1HOTLS1/
JUST ANOTHER 10 SEC LS1

18x10roushes
¯
Member # 5269

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 18x10roushes  Ford pictures for 18x10roushes    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Props hotls1 ..... Pmd [patriot] [burnout]

--------------------
http://fastgms-teamfast.com/

MEMBER OF TEAM FAST
RIP Willie G

50DADDY
CAFords OG
Member # 3076

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50DADDY  Ford pictures for 50DADDY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by wichoms4:
@warhore... Anyone can say this that. Then why 80% of the cam only ls1 camaros break into da 10's???? Read n look at da facts. Record for cam only is a 9.98 check da video out. U just run Ur mouth.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEQE-Ea1kfM&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Dont come in here disrespecting respected members of OUR forum you mullet having Camaro lover.You must be incredibly high,i mean like,look mom i can fly,jump off a bridge high.Check your facts.80% of cam only LSX,s are in the 10's!!!!!!!!!!!!!LMFAO!!!!!!And warhore,as you called him,has a 9 second Mustang,how fast is your pile of crap?Stick to norcal ls1 forums if thats how you feel.Stay the fuck outta our Ford forum if you hate them so much.I dont even know why some of you guys come in here.Kick rocks kid. [Razz]

-

--------------------
"Im not stupid,i just act that way so i dont make you dummies uncomfortable."

"Old age and treachery shall overcome youth and skill."

Posts: 4827 | From: Suckramento | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
warhorse58gt
¯
Member # 7702

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for warhorse58gt  Ford pictures for warhorse58gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
@warhore... Anyone can say this that. Then why 80% of the cam only ls1 camaros break into da 10's???? Read n look at da facts. Record for cam only is a 9.98 check da video out. U just run Ur mouth.

really? you son have no clue. i have more track time than 97% of this site & have more street time than 99%. i have time slips to back everything i have said about my car's. i don't need to search youtube to find the 3 people that can set up a f-body. shit camcam's car runs in the 9's. with a so called stock bottom end. but you guys don't get it. they go threw those motor and balance them out, do head work, do intake work and call them stock. do i need to search youtube to see how fast the so called record is for a stock block fox. i'm sure i can. but i don't need to. i can/ have built my own shit, drove my own shit to the times. i don't need to search the world for a few guys that know what they are doing. how bout you bring your ls1, i'll bring my fox and we can see who's car is faster. not who can search the internet ( bullshitters glore/ liers)who did this or that.

lets be real. you don't think i can take my heads & intake of my motor throw them on a stock block and runs 9's. fuck yeah i could. shit i run 10.5x's all day on 91 piss gas & 8.5 to 1 comp. on my motor only. but i'm sure you can find someone on the net that has run at least as fast as me with only 430whp. [Big Grin]

--------------------
WOLFPACK RACING

With guns, we are 'citizens'. Without them, we are 'subjects'.

83gt 354ci sbf 9.40 @ 143
77 cobra 2 171ci 97hp of pure fury!

wichoms4
¯
Member # 10900

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for wichoms4  Ford pictures for wichoms4    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Relax it's open forum n (disrespect) check how many times this guy has disrespected members on this forum. I didn't disrespect I'm apply to da topic that was posted. I don't hate mustangs there fast rides I just peffer a Chevy. Anything that is posted about a Chevy this guy jumps on it n starts bashing on members.

--------------------
1998 CAMARO SS

Anyone can shift an auto, but not too many can bang gears...

warhorse58gt
¯
Member # 7702

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for warhorse58gt  Ford pictures for warhorse58gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Relax it's open forum n (disrespect) check how many times this guy has disrespected members on this forum. I didn't disrespect I'm apply to da topic that was posted. I don't hate mustangs there fast rides I just peffer a Chevy. Anything that is posted about a Chevy this guy jumps on it n starts bashing on members.

easy way to fix this.

BRING YOUR POS LS1 TURD AND I WILL DRAG THAT SHIT ALL OVER THE STREETS OR THE TRACK WITH MY PUMP GAS STREET CAR! [patriot]

--------------------
WOLFPACK RACING

wichoms4
¯
Member # 10900

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for wichoms4  Ford pictures for wichoms4    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Streetcar as its smog legal n tagged??? Cause that's I drive in da streets

--------------------
1998 CAMARO SS

warhorse58gt
¯
Member # 7702

quote:

yeah it is tagged and smogged. [patriot] i'll even put my plates on it for you. so lets lock some money up. [patriot]

--------------------
WOLFPACK RACING

86- 50
TEAM PLATINUM
Member # 4723

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 86- 50  Ford pictures for 86- 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

Get off the internet and actually go to the track and see real life facts, not something you searched on the internet. Like i said go to the track and if your lucky enough to find a 12 second camaro, guarantee they got atleast cam and longtubes if not more. Warhorse and I are speaking real life facts from staying at the track, so you really have no argument [patriot]

--------------------
My baby:88gt 347 stroker

RIP MATT, Gone but never forgotten

TEAM PLATINUM

BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BIGBALLFACTOR  Ford pictures for BIGBALLFACTOR    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

if can drive it on the street its a street car.tags an smog dont mean shit.

an i got 500 wardick will drag your ass down the street or track why is playing winger tape an drinking a coke.

86- 50
TEAM PLATINUM
Member # 4723

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 86- 50  Ford pictures for 86- 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

One more question, What does you almighty BASIC BOLT-ON SS run, were dying to know since its so easy to get into the 12's. My guess would be you never even ran a car at the track. But I guess youtube made you feel like you have. [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
My baby:88gt 347 stroker

RIP MATT, Gone but never forgotten

TEAM PLATINUM

warhorse58gt
¯
Member # 7702

quote:
Originally posted by SS396 chevelle aka fasthatch:
quote:

an i got 500 wardick will drag your ass down the street or track why is playing winger tape an drinking a coke.

hey kip is a sexy some of a bitch! [Whoo Whooooo!]

--------------------
WOLFPACK RACING

BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BIGBALLFACTOR  Ford pictures for BIGBALLFACTOR    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by warhorse58gt:
quote:
Originally posted by SS396 chevelle aka fasthatch:
quote:

hey kip is a sexy some of a bitch! [Whoo Whooooo!]
that is all you john
50DADDY
CAFords OG
Member # 3076

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50DADDY  Ford pictures for 50DADDY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

Its all good man,i just love f*ing Chevy guys like theyve always f*ed with me.Shit talking and bench racing is all just a a part of our sport.On the real though,Warhorse is a cool guy with a very fast ride.I think we need to set up another Ford vs Chevy event at Sac.

--------------------
"Im not stupid,i just act that way so i dont make you dummies uncomfortable."

"Old age and treachery shall overcome youth and skill."

Posts: 4827 | From: Suckramento | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
*1 HoT Ls1*
¯
Member # 8703

quote:
quote:

easy way to fix this.

BRING YOUR POS LS1 TURD AND I WILL DRAG THAT SHIT ALL OVER THE STREETS OR THE TRACK WITH MY PUMP GAS STREET CAR! [patriot]

Im down to give u a run after my head swap. its just a stock bottom end ls1.
*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *EPIK*  Ford pictures for *EPIK*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by *1 HoT Ls1*:
quote:
quote:

easy way to fix this.

Im down to give u a run after my head swap. its just a stock bottom end ls1.
I hope your car is 9 second capable, because as you can see from His sig, Warhorses car is NO JOKE!!!

--------------------
=91 Notch:12.31@110 **Under Construction**
=05 CTS-V: 418rwhp/393rwtq=13.01@111

http://www.djepikmusic.com

*1 HoT Ls1*
¯
Member # 8703

na its not high 9 seconds but will be mid to low 10s. just tryna go for shits and giggles and see how a stock short-block keeps up against a fully built stang.

--------------------
BAY AREA STUNNAZ/
1HOTLS1/
JUST ANOTHER 10 SEC LS1

Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
na its not high 9 seconds but will be mid to low 10s. just tryna go for shits and giggles and see how a stock short-block keeps up against a fully built stang.

sounds like it would be about a second slower and a waste of gas.

--------------------
89 LX Notchback ex 4cyl, 14psi
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
Egocentric
¯
Member # 9529

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Egocentric  Ford pictures for Egocentric    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
To the OP, if you want a car in the 5-7k range that you don't have to tinker with to have some nice useable power, get an LS1.

If you like to work with your hands, get/keep your fox.

--------------------
08 G37S
72 C10 Custom
R6

quote:
ain't no one tell me what to do. - NEIGHT

Posts: 1712 | From: NoOneTellMeWhatToDo-Neight | Registered: Oct 2009  |  :
wichoms4
¯
Member # 10900

1htls1 will give em a run for his cash in da streets. Good luck hooking a nine sec car in da streets

--------------------
1998 CAMARO SS

*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *EPIK*  Ford pictures for *EPIK*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
To the OP, if you want a car in the 5-7k range that you don't have to tinker with to have some nice useable power, get an LS1.

If you like to work with your hands, get/keep your fox.

Agreed............ But at the same time, he could get a built H/C/I fox that will have an advantage over the stock Camaro for the same price.

BUT... Throw LT's & a cam in that Camaro, & you will be seeing about the same power as a well built N/A 347 Fox....

This argument is never ending LOL....

--------------------
=91 Notch:12.31@110 **Under Construction**
=05 CTS-V: 418rwhp/393rwtq=13.01@111

http://www.djepikmusic.com

*1 HoT Ls1*
¯
Member # 8703

quote:
Originally posted by Blind:
quote:

sounds like it would be about a second slower and a waste of gas.
well i dont see it that way. warhorse gave my boy tuttle a run in his evo a while back. and i beat tuttles evo back when i was still doing 11.40s.

--------------------
BAY AREA STUNNAZ/
1HOTLS1/
JUST ANOTHER 10 SEC LS1

DIRTY SALLY
¯
Member # 7845

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DIRTY SALLY  Ford pictures for DIRTY SALLY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Dont come in here disrespecting respected members of OUR forum you mullet having Camaro lover

[worship] [worship] [worship]

oh shit that was funny [Big Grin] lmfao [Big Grin]

--------------------
---------
Savage Habits
instagram @2cheezen

Page: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  ...  15  16  17   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com