Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » 1998-2002 LS1 Camaro's (Page 4)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  15  16  17   
Author Topic: 1998-2002 LS1 Camaro's
02angrybird
¯
Member # 11259

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 02angrybird  Ford pictures for 02angrybird    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SwEeT 03 Gt:
only on nitrous n a few bolt ons n tires breaking 10's

That's 1hotls1 he's got a little more then nitrous, a few bolt ons, and tires lol

--------------------
KIH Willie Guzman
2002 WS6 RIP
2009 G8 GT DD
97 taco 4X4
98 TA under construction

2T0NE
Go 49ers
Member # 4216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2T0NE  Ford pictures for 2T0NE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
LS1BRUH FTMFW

--------------------
Originally posted by x Raelsmar x:
Can't wait till the Giants lose tomorrow night so all you Giants fans are forced to shut the fuck up.

Posts: 14676 | From: 760 carlsbad | Registered: Mar 2004  |  :
Vndcatr
CAFords OG
Member # 2343

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vndcatr  Ford pictures for Vndcatr    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 65mustang408:
Ok would you like to compare a newer 2v 3v 4v? Yes the coyote is the exception they are nasty!

Thanks dick ! haha
Posts: 1066 | From: Sacramento,Ca | Registered: Jan 2003  |  :
SwEeT03Gt
¯
Member # 10283

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SwEeT03Gt  Ford pictures for SwEeT03Gt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 02angrybird:
quote:

That's 1hotls1 he's got a little more then nitrous, a few bolt ons, and tires lol
but besides nitrous its basicaly all motor no blower/turbo
Posts: 4484 | From: -NicKlE n DiMe- | Registered: Sep 2010  |  :
SwEeT03Gt
¯
Member # 10283

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SwEeT03Gt  Ford pictures for SwEeT03Gt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Wrenchin:
quote:
Seen that car at 7th, I wanted to race her lol

I think it's only exhaust. Raced when I had mine still lol.
just long tubes n cut outs -_-
Posts: 4484 | From: -NicKlE n DiMe- | Registered: Sep 2010  |  :
510cpskid
¯
Member # 8277

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 510cpskid  Ford pictures for 510cpskid    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 98 ROUSH:
quote:
Originally posted by Wrenchin:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by 510cpskid:
not her first bird that was a problem either

jessica's bird?
wasnt that angels bird? he drove it alot. ALways wondered why the plate said ws6chick LOL
Lmao! Angel calls himself ws6chick LoL! J/K
Yup she knows she don't want it with my coupe..... been calling her out for years.

--------------------
old set up
92 coupe 100 wet nx 410's mickey t's
new set up
?

02angrybird
¯
Member # 11259

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 02angrybird  Ford pictures for 02angrybird    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:

but besides nitrous its basicaly all motor no blower/turbo
Don't think of it like that, because he has a good setup. For instence my old bolt on TA on motor took down H/C LS1s all the time. Some people don't have a very well set up LS1s, just like other cars.

--------------------
KIH Willie Guzman
2002 WS6 RIP
2009 G8 GT DD
97 taco 4X4
98 TA under construction

Saleen 00-768
¯
Member # 9379

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Saleen 00-768  Ford pictures for Saleen 00-768    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
bro none of it matters.

what do u like more mustangs or camaros because either way goin fast cast money. handling and performance cost money. u aint guna save shit buy choosing chevy ur looking at it all wrong

--------------------
'00 Saleen SC #768
'90 GT
'90 California Edition (sold)
'87 Saleen #264 (sold)

coupedup
¯
Member # 9987

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for coupedup  Ford pictures for coupedup    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by sneakyfox90:
bro none of it matters.

what do u like more mustangs or camaros because either way goin fast cast money. handling and performance cost money. u aint guna save shit buy choosing chevy ur looking at it all wrong

If your directing your statement towards me, you must not have clearly perceived what I was trying to get across. The whole point of this disscussion was about factory HP and that almost all mustangs are lacking in that department from the factory in the 1998-2002 era. The GT's and Cobra's of that time frame specifically, stock for stock if put up against an Fbidy of the same time period would lose in every aspect. Not to mention that it takes very little for the ls1 fbodies to hang with the all renowned terminators. So that's what my point was, the power versus price compared to newer mustangs and modded foxes. Believe me, I love Mustangs and always will. I'm just ready for a change and definitely ain't going with an import. Lol that would be a disgrace. But all in all no matter how you look at it, it's not cheap to go fast by any means.
Saleen 00-768
¯
Member # 9379

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Saleen 00-768  Ford pictures for Saleen 00-768    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by RONIN:
quote:
bro none of it matters.

If your directing your statement towards me, you must not have clearly perceived what I was trying to get across. The whole point of this disscussion was about factory HP and that almost all mustangs are lacking in that department from the factory in the 1998-2002 era. The GT's and Cobra's of that time frame specifically, stock for stock if put up against an Fbidy of the same time period would lose in every aspect. Not to mention that it takes very little for the ls1 fbodies to hang with the all renowned terminators. So that's what my point was, the power versus price compared to newer mustangs and modded foxes. Believe me, I love Mustangs and always will. I'm just ready for a change and definitely ain't going with an import. Lol that would be a disgrace. But all in all no matter how you look at it, it's not cheap to go fast by any means.
yea but in reality ur tryna go fast so u aint guna leave either one stock or close to

and best believe there are mild foxes out ther whoopin ls1s [Wink]

[ April 15, 2012, 02:02 AM: Message edited by: sneakyfox90 ]

--------------------
'00 Saleen SC #768
'90 GT
'87 Saleen #264 (sold)

coupedup
¯
Member # 9987

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for coupedup  Ford pictures for coupedup    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The debate can go on forever about Ford's vs Chevy's and which is faster/better. However that isn't the point here. It's about new technology vs old technology. And I don't doubt that plenty of mild foxes can smoke ls1 f-bodies, he'll I have myself. But do you consider an H/C/I fox mild ? Do the same mods to an ls1 and your in 03/04 Cobra territory. And I don't doubt that when I get an ls1 that I won't mod it because I will, that's all part of the fun.

[ April 15, 2012, 02:02 AM: Message edited by: RONIN ]

Saleen 00-768
¯
Member # 9379

so are u tryna say if u do a mild ls1 youll be saving money? or just stating the fact that the mustangs are slower from factory?

[ April 15, 2012, 03:18 AM: Message edited by: sneakyfox90 ]

--------------------
'00 Saleen SC #768
'90 GT
'87 Saleen #264 (sold)

coupedup
¯
Member # 9987

quote:
so are u tryna say if u do a mild ls1 youll be saving money? or just stating the fact that the mustangs are slower from factory?

To answer your first question, NO. It's not about saving money because ls1 parts are not cheap. To answer your second question, YES, pretty much what my point was concerning mustangs of that time period.
ISP89LX
¯
Member # 8949

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ISP89LX  Ford pictures for ISP89LX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm just going to slap a turbo lsx under the hood of my foxbody and have the best of both world's [Razz] [Big Grin] haters can hate i don't give a damm. I'm going to call it my poor mans z06 ftw [patriot] [burnout]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rw2RPMJ9xVw

second vid is a ls1 on nitrous inside a notch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-D_dg3vQME

Third vid ls1 swapped fox vs. terminator swapped fox

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52IZUi9mLls&feature=related

[ April 15, 2012, 03:52 AM: Message edited by: ISP89LX ]

--------------------
89LX
Turbo50built!!!
Wait, he jacked my shit!!!
"Dan will make It rite" THIEF!

Posts: 2997 | From: Nowhere to be found. | Registered: Feb 2009  |  :
coupedup
¯
Member # 9987

quote:
Originally posted by ISP89LX:
I'm just going to slap a lsx under the hood of my foxbody and have the best of both world's [Razz] [Big Grin] haters can hate i don't give a damm. I'm going to call it my poor mans z06 ftw [patriot] [burnout]

There ya go, my boy has a ls1 swapped Notch. It's a automatic but still can outrun most Cobra's. Even has the S197 intake manifold cover on it so it looks like a 3valve.
ISP89LX
¯
Member # 8949

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ISP89LX  Ford pictures for ISP89LX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by ISP89LX:
I'm just going to slap a lsx under the hood of my foxbody and have the best of both world's [Razz] [Big Grin] haters can hate i don't give a damm. I'm going to call it my poor mans z06 ftw [patriot] [burnout]

There ya go, my boy has a ls1 swapped Notch. It's a automatic but still can outrun most Cobra's. Even has the S197 intake manifold cover on it so it looks like a 3valve.
They look like a fun car to drive bro, so if i don't end up having enough funds for a ws6 im making my notch a hybrid with a prius motor [Wink]
haha.

--------------------
89LX
Turbo50built!!!

coupedup
¯
Member # 9987

@ ISP89LX , those vids are crazy. That TBSS moves [Eek!] I like that 3rd vid too. Good match !
ISP89LX
¯
Member # 8949

quote:
@ ISP89LX , those vids are crazy. That TBSS moves [Eek!] I like that 3rd vid too. Good match !

Hell yeah those are some dope rides. I bet a lot o time and money went into those cars. Glad you enjoyed the vids brotha. [patriot]

--------------------
89LX
Turbo50built!!!

*1 HoT Ls1*
¯
Member # 8703

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *1 HoT Ls1*  Ford pictures for *1 HoT Ls1*  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
A well setup ls1 will haul ass and they respond very well to mods. If u got a 6spd then first mod should be a moser rear and some tires. I would then do a full coil over to transfer the weight. Basically suspension 1st. With that u can go into the low 12s or high 11s. Then some 1 7/8 headers from tsp with a y pipe and electric cutout and a fast toys lid and speed density
Tune. You'll be hauling ass!!!

Oh and my maro is cammed not just bolt ons. It doesn't have heads.

Posts: 257 | From: South City | Registered: Oct 2008  |  :
coupedup
¯
Member # 9987

quote:
Originally posted by *1 HoT Ls1*:
A well setup ls1 will haul ass and they respond very well to mods. If u got a 6spd then first mod should be a moser rear and some tires. I would then do a full coil over to transfer the weight. Basically suspension 1st. With that u can go into the low 12s or high 11s. Then some 1 7/8 headers from tsp with a y pipe and electric cutout and a fast toys lid and speed density
Tune. You'll be hauling ass!!!

Oh and my maro is cammed not just bolt ons. It doesn't have heads.

Right on bro ! Thanks for the helpful advice.
50DADDY
CAFords OG
Member # 3076

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50DADDY  Ford pictures for 50DADDY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Heres my .02 cents on Camaros.Other than the 67-73 models,theres a reason you dont see many 20+ year old Crapmaros on the road.And that reason is they are low quality,plastic fantastic junk cars.The LSX motors may be strong,blah,blah,blah.But the cars are crappy.You see tons of nice 80's and 90's Mustangs on the road but how many nice 80's and 90's Camaros do you see?Lol.And thats because theyre cheaply built garbage.The doors wont close and windows wont roll up,the cats need replacing every other year and the o2 sensors need replacing every 6 months....etc,etc.And the same will hold true for the "almighty" LT1 and LS1 Camaros and the current pile of crap theyre pushing right now.
Ok,now i know some Camaro people and turncoats are gonna fire back at me for this,so fire away cookie cutter boys,your Crapmaros are still cheap,heavy,ugly,piles of camel dung no matter how fast and theyll be in the yard at Pick-n-Pull within 10-20 years,lol. [patriot]

You know i had to open one of these in here!!!!!!
No hard feelins now kids. [Wink]
 -

[ April 16, 2012, 09:06 PM: Message edited by: 50DADDY ]

--------------------
"Im not stupid,i just act that way so i dont make you dummies uncomfortable."

"Old age and treachery shall overcome youth and skill."

Posts: 4827 | From: Suckramento | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
norcalfiddy
¯
Member # 11207

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for norcalfiddy  Ford pictures for norcalfiddy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by MikeD.:
You guys are compairing technology. The ls1 is ahead in than the 5.0l. Compare the same technology they had in a 90 Camaro to 90s fox.. Now you can say that one is better than the other.

Obviously a car built 12 years later, is going to be leaps and bounds ahead of an outdated vehicle.

My cold air, catback 1999 C5 went 12.96 @ 109 with stock run flats.. Wierd how that was faster than my 1990 HCI fox.. Ohh yeah is 9 years newer.

+100000! you just cant compare them.

--------------------
600HP 1996 7.3L powerstroke single cab short bed race truck

Posts: 3393 | From: Brentwood | Registered: Aug 2011  |  :
18x10roushes
¯
Member # 5269

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 18x10roushes  Ford pictures for 18x10roushes    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Camaros or mustangs not gonna hate on either both cars are baddass to me ... Just Run your shit [burnout]

--------------------
http://fastgms-teamfast.com/

MEMBER OF TEAM FAST
RIP Willie G

ISP89LX
¯
Member # 8949

quote:
Originally posted by 18x10roushes:
Camaros or mustangs not gonna hate on either both cars are baddass to me ... Just Run your shit [burnout]

Well said tony... Ford chev what ever you got, it don't mean shit if your shit ain't Hott shit ain't Hott [Big Grin] [burnout]

--------------------
89LX
Turbo50built!!!

*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *EPIK*  Ford pictures for *EPIK*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm not a huge F-Body fan styling wise, & yes the interior quality is pretty crappy, & the 10 bolt is glass. But the drivetrain shits on anything ford put out at the same time period (98-02). The SLA front suspension & rear tq arm/phb setup is far superior to the 1970's Fox chassis that Ford kept until 2005...

I've never owned an F-Body, & never will, but I'm not biased & blinded by the Blue Oval either. Gotta respect the bang for the buck the 4th gen F-Body offers.

On another note, although better, the 94-04 Mustang interior isn't all that great either....

[ April 16, 2012, 05:22 PM: Message edited by: *EPIK* ]

--------------------
=91 Notch:12.31@110 **Under Construction**
=05 CTS-V: 418rwhp/393rwtq=13.01@111

http://www.djepikmusic.com

Page: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  15  16  17   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com