Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » 1998-2002 LS1 Camaro's (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  15  16  17   
Author Topic: 1998-2002 LS1 Camaro's
arodeast408
¯
Member # 11335

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for arodeast408  Ford pictures for arodeast408    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Personally love both makes Ford and Chevy they both have there goods and bads but personally always wanted a trans am and once I found a deal on one hopped on it and I can say I love this whip its still underconstruction cause its still not the way I want it just yet but it will be sooner or later
 -

--------------------
99 Trans Am (GM INC)
1996 Mustang Gt (sold)

Posts: 340 | From: some where in the bay | Registered: Oct 2011  |  :
18x10roushes
¯
Member # 5269

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 18x10roushes  Ford pictures for 18x10roushes    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ls1 motors the shit solid

--------------------
http://fastgms-teamfast.com/

MEMBER OF TEAM FAST
RIP Willie G

arodeast408
¯
Member # 11335

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for arodeast408  Ford pictures for arodeast408    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 18x10roushes:
Ls1 motors the shit solid

+1 drivetrain whole different story lol

--------------------
99 Trans Am (GM INC)
1996 Mustang Gt (sold)

18x10roushes
¯
Member # 5269

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 18x10roushes  Ford pictures for 18x10roushes    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Very true ^^^. Nice pic of whip [patriot]

--------------------

MEMBER OF TEAM FAST
RIP Willie G

91SuperchargedNotchOn24s
¯
Member # 10866

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 91SuperchargedNotchOn24s  Ford pictures for 91SuperchargedNotchOn24s    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I bought a 99 z28 when I sold my interceptor conversion...and I like it all stock with a 109k!!!I still like me supercharged notch tho!!!!
 -

Posts: 249 | From: RICHMOND'CA 510 | Registered: Apr 2011  |  :
86- 50
TEAM PLATINUM
Member # 4723

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 86- 50  Ford pictures for 86- 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by RONIN:
Whoa Whoa now, don't get ahead of yourself fellas. I have had plenty of seat time, not at the track but on the streets for sure. The foxes I am speaking of had good suspension and great weight transfer. I said it took an H/C/I and s/c to "put the smokes on ls1 Camaro's" I'm talking bus lengths . I would still get some good runs in with only the H/C/I setup versus stock Ls1's but the ls1's with boltons and sticky tires were still faster. With the my s/c setup I was serving them left and right. But still for the amount of work to make a fox faster than an ls1 camaro is alot and not to say if you do the same mods to an ls1 the fox would look pathetic. Plain and simple ls1's have a better engine design and can maximze power better.

its funny when people say do the same mods to a ls1 or mustang and ls1 handsdown. Ls1 stock is way better than a mustang stock, but when you start modding them, mustangs take way better to mods than ls1, go to the track and tell me how many 12 second ls1's you see, and then walk up to all the 13 second ls1's out there and see all the work they have into there motor and there only running 13 or low 12's and then get back at us.

--------------------
My baby:88gt 347 stroker

RIP MATT, Gone but never forgotten

TEAM PLATINUM

Vndcatr
CAFords OG
Member # 2343

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vndcatr  Ford pictures for Vndcatr    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 86- 50:
quote:
Whoa Whoa now, don't get ahead of yourself fellas. I have had plenty of seat time, not at the track but on the streets for sure. The foxes I am speaking of had good suspension and great weight transfer. I said it took an H/C/I and s/c to "put the smokes on ls1 Camaro's" I'm talking bus lengths . I would still get some good runs in with only the H/C/I setup versus stock Ls1's but the ls1's with boltons and sticky tires were still faster. With the my s/c setup I was serving them left and right. But still for the amount of work to make a fox faster than an ls1 camaro is alot and not to say if you do the same mods to an ls1 the fox would look pathetic. Plain and simple ls1's have a better engine design and can maximze power better.

its funny when people say do the same mods to a ls1 or mustang and ls1 handsdown. Ls1 stock is way better than a mustang stock, but when you start modding them, mustangs take way better to mods than ls1, go to the track and tell me how many 12 second ls1's you see, and then walk up to all the 13 second ls1's out there and see all the work they have into there motor and there only running 13 or low 12's and then get back at us.
Are you kidding me ?.. All it takes is a Longtube'd Fbody and someone who knows how to drive. Shit, ive seen non longtube fbodys doing high 12s. I trapped 113 in my old longtube only ws6. Ls1's handle bolt ons WAY more than a mustang

I love mustangs but thats a dumb statement. If Fbodys had a decent rearend it would be game over. I had a cam longtube ws6(411rwhp) that just slayed mustangs and even hung door to door with ported blower cobras.

With a properly setup mustang and a driver who can DRIVE his car, a bolt on ls1 is a healthy race. But dont take credit away from an fbody because they run hard too

Posts: 1066 | From: Sacramento,Ca | Registered: Jan 2003  |  :
coupedup
¯
Member # 9987

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for coupedup  Ford pictures for coupedup    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Good lookin bro, I'm glad someone on here that actually knows there shit spoke up. The amount of LS equipped F-bodies that I've encountered make 400hp easy as you stated and take way better to boltons than the 5.0's. There's no doubt that a bolt on 4th gen will hang if not beat a stock 03/04 Cobra, I've seen it countless times.

quote:
Originally posted by Vndcatr:
quote:
quote:

Are you kidding me ?.. All it takes is a Longtube'd Fbody and someone who knows how to drive. Shit, ive seen non longtube fbodys doing high 12s. I trapped 113 in my old longtube only ws6. Ls1's handle bolt ons WAY more than a mustang

I love mustangs but thats a dumb statement. If Fbodys had a decent rearend it would be game over. I had a cam longtube ws6(411rwhp) that just slayed mustangs and even hung door to door with ported blower cobras.

With a properly setup mustang and a driver who can DRIVE his car, a bolt on ls1 is a healthy race. But dont take credit away from an fbody because they run hard too

65mustang408
¯
Member # 8681

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 65mustang408  Ford pictures for 65mustang408    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Haha the never ending debate! If i swapped a bolt on ls1/ls6 in a fox it would walk all bolt for bolt ford powered fox bodys. How many 347 strokers are even cracking the 400rwhp mark ?

--------------------
fast and cool shit

Posts: 947 | From: sacramento | Registered: Oct 2008  |  :
5.0 LsX
¯
Member # 10017

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5.0 LsX  Ford pictures for 5.0 LsX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
just put a ls1 in a fox [Big Grin]

--------------------
91' Notch

arodeast408
¯
Member # 11335

quote:
Originally posted by 18x10roushes:
Very true ^^^. Nice pic of whip [patriot]

Thanks tony

And ls1s are just to good of motors my boy ran a 12.3 with just full exhaust cold air and a lil 3500 stall on a droptop no weight reduction or suspension and must say its gonna be running a lot harder now but a ls1 n/a can keep up or beat to mustangs that have power adders seen it multiple times with just bolt ons not even cammed

--------------------
99 Trans Am (GM INC)
1996 Mustang Gt (sold)

NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What size are motors are LS1's?
How much newer are LS1's compared to a fox 302?

[Roll Eyes]

[ April 12, 2012, 04:07 PM: Message edited by: NEIGHT ]

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1986 Hatch- catfish killer
1964 Impala hard top

Posts: 18530 | From: EA$T $IDE REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
arodeast408
¯
Member # 11335

quote:
Originally posted by NEIGHT:
What size are motors are LS1's?
How much newer are LS1's compared to a fox 302?

[Roll Eyes]

Yea but its .7 liter difference but seen h/c/I supercharged 5.0s get taken by cam ls1s

--------------------
99 Trans Am (GM INC)
1996 Mustang Gt (sold)

East Bay 50
¯
Member # 8081

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for East Bay 50  Ford pictures for East Bay 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 65mustang408:
Haha the never ending debate! If i swapped a bolt on ls1/ls6 in a fox it would walk all bolt for bolt ford powered fox bodys. How many 347 strokers are even cracking the 400rwhp mark ?

mine cracked the 500rwhp mark with no nitrous and still has A/C.... [Whoo Whooooo!]

[ April 12, 2012, 04:15 PM: Message edited by: East Bay 50 ]

--------------------
Kurgan tuned stroked and blown 347 foxbody. boost nukka!

ISP89LX
¯
Member # 8949

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ISP89LX  Ford pictures for ISP89LX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:

+1000 well said Vndcatr Mach1 [patriot]

--------------------
89LX
Turbo50built!!!
Wait, he jacked my shit!!!
"Dan will make It rite" THIEF!

Posts: 2997 | From: Nowhere to be found. | Registered: Feb 2009  |  :
302n/a
¯
Member # 1465

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 302n/a  Ford pictures for 302n/a    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
my old 99z28 hit 13.2 107 with a crappy 2.1 60 ft with just a slp lid free mods and cutout with auto.after owning a new edge mustang i like to drive a mustang better and the looks are better but power vs power no comparison.

--------------------
Raiders A's Warriors Sharks

65mustang408
¯
Member # 8681

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 65mustang408  Ford pictures for 65mustang408    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
500rwhp n/a? Congrats if so! There are many stock bottom end ls6 motors making 500rwhp with ported oem heads aftermarket cam and intake.

--------------------
fast and cool shit

coupedup
¯
Member # 9987

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for coupedup  Ford pictures for coupedup    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 65mustang408:
500rwhp n/a? Congrats if so! There are many stock bottom end ls6 motors making 500rwhp with ported oem heads aftermarket cam and intake.

My exact point, for a n/a mustang to see that kind of power it would basically have to have a whole different engine setup...ie stroker kit and much more
Chavez66
¯
Member # 9812

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chavez66  Ford pictures for Chavez66    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Can't lie about LS motors hauling ass, we all know this. But for me the looks just kill everything, those things are ugly ass hell. Would never take one over my 66 mustang or my cobra, yea they might be slower but look damn sexy lol. Again can't talk shit about the LS motors but we can about the body's [patriot]

--------------------
WWW.50Reasonscarclub.com

Posts: 1694 | From: Dont worry about it | Registered: Feb 2010  |  :
86- 50
TEAM PLATINUM
Member # 4723

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 86- 50  Ford pictures for 86- 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Good lookin bro, I'm glad someone on here that actually knows there shit spoke up. The amount of LS equipped F-bodies that I've encountered make 400hp easy as you stated and take way better to boltons than the 5.0's. There's no doubt that a bolt on 4th gen will hang if not beat a stock 03/04 Cobra, I've seen it countless times.

quote:
quote:
quote:

I'm not arguing that there not easy to get 400 horsepower out of them, but that don't translate to well on the track or the streets. i had 330 horsepower in my mustang and never came close to losing to a cam\longtube ls1, DYNO numbers don't win races. Like i said, just go to the track and see in REAL LIFE how many fast ls1 camaro's are out there, and then if you find one ask him what he has done to it, you'll be surprised. Don't get me wrong camaro's are nice cars, I had one before and plan on getting another one and just enjoying it stock, but as in modding cars, i'll stick to mustangs [patriot]

--------------------
My baby:88gt 347 stroker

RIP MATT, Gone but never forgotten

TEAM PLATINUM

MikeD.
¯
Member # 8060

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MikeD.  Ford pictures for MikeD.    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You guys are compairing technology. The ls1 is ahead in than the 5.0l. Compare the same technology they had in a 90 Camaro to 90s fox.. Now you can say that one is better than the other.

Obviously a car built 12 years later, is going to be leaps and bounds ahead of an outdated vehicle.

My cold air, catback 1999 C5 went 12.96 @ 109 with stock run flats.. Wierd how that was faster than my 1990 HCI fox.. Ohh yeah is 9 years newer.

--------------------
1999 FRC Vette
12.77 @ 110

Posts: 2854 | From: Vacaville Ca, 707 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  :
65mustang408
¯
Member # 8681

Ok would you like to compare a newer 2v 3v 4v? Yes the coyote is the exception they are nasty!

--------------------
fast and cool shit

Greasy
¯
Member # 5258

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greasy  Ford pictures for Greasy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Get a Terminator, with a Whipple and E-85 then it's game over, Termi for the win.
Posts: 3272 | From: North Dallas | Registered: Jan 2005  |  :
18x10roushes
¯
Member # 5269

Negative [dance]

--------------------

MEMBER OF TEAM FAST
RIP Willie G

SwEeT03Gt
¯
Member # 10283

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SwEeT03Gt  Ford pictures for SwEeT03Gt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
only on nitrous n a few bolt ons n tires breaking 10's

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0X5EDspJ8kE&sns=fb

2V new edge all stock motor into 12'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzv0EhVLX74 [Big Grin]

edit this is the video i was looking for [worship]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e96ZAAY-hVs

like 86-50 said rwhp doesnt mean anything if you cant get good times at the track [patriot]

[ April 12, 2012, 06:35 PM: Message edited by: SwEeT 03 Gt ]

Posts: 4484 | From: -NicKlE n DiMe- | Registered: Sep 2010  |  :

Page: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  15  16  17   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com