Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » 1998-2002 LS1 Camaro's (Page 11)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17   
Author Topic: 1998-2002 LS1 Camaro's
coupedup
¯
Member # 9987

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for coupedup  Ford pictures for coupedup    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by warhorse58gt:
here lets just do this. [worship]

11.80 @ 110.6 1.58 9" M/T ET Drag Sac Notch1320 88 Coupe N/A 311 Unported E7's, Stock Intake & TB & Stock Lift Cam. [Eek!] well now lets see a stock ls1 do this. [Roll Eyes] now what do you think would happen if he got h/c/i on this little pup. not to mention if he had a 331/347. [patriot]

Well that's not a good comparison..... It has a bored and stroked motor for one.... Second the car is probably gutted to shit and probably has aftermarket suspension. That's like comparing apples and oranges.
warhorse58gt
¯
Member # 7702

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for warhorse58gt  Ford pictures for warhorse58gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by RONIN:
quote:

11.80 @ 110.6 1.58 9" M/T ET Drag Sac Notch1320 88 Coupe N/A 311 Unported E7's, Stock Intake & TB & Stock Lift Cam. [Eek!] well now lets see a stock ls1 do this. [Roll Eyes] now what do you think would happen if he got h/c/i on this little pup. not to mention if he had a 331/347. [patriot]

Well that's not a good comparison..... It has a bored and stroked motor for one.... Second the car is probably gutted to shit and probably has aftermarket suspension. That's like comparing apples and oranges.
stroked? really stop it. 311 that is a over bore. comparing apples to oranges? haha. comparing a 346 ci with bigger heads, cam, and more compression isn't. his car weighs 3020 lbs. no not even close to gutted. as for the suspension goes, the f-body is better right? then why bring it up? besides does it matter if he has upper & lowers? he run a stock elm class. that mean stock style. nothing crazy just bolts ons. [patriot]

--------------------
WOLFPACK RACING

With guns, we are 'citizens'. Without them, we are 'subjects'.

83gt 354ci sbf 9.40 @ 143
77 cobra 2 171ci 97hp of pure fury!

BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BIGBALLFACTOR  Ford pictures for BIGBALLFACTOR    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

stock stroke for one since it is a factroy class that has all kinds of rules the have to go by
warhorse58gt
¯
Member # 7702

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for warhorse58gt  Ford pictures for warhorse58gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SS396 chevelle aka fasthatch:
quote:
quote:

stock stroke for one since it is a factroy class that has all kinds of rules the have to go by
dave they just don't understand. it's a track thing. [patriot]

[ April 21, 2012, 03:00 AM: Message edited by: warhorse58gt ]

--------------------
WOLFPACK RACING

*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *EPIK*  Ford pictures for *EPIK*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
This Debate is gonna go on FOOOOORRRREEEEEEEEVVVVVEEEERRRRRR!!!!!!!! LOL...

[ April 21, 2012, 03:06 AM: Message edited by: *EPIK* ]

--------------------
=91 Notch:12.31@110 **Under Construction**
=05 CTS-V: 418rwhp/393rwtq=13.01@111

http://www.djepikmusic.com

warhorse58gt
¯
Member # 7702

quote:
Originally posted by *EPIK*:

yup.. but i think the ford guys are a head in the points. [Big Grin]

--------------------
WOLFPACK RACING

*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *EPIK*  Ford pictures for *EPIK*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

LOL.... Well, For what it's worth, I don't even care for F-Bodies much haha... Well, in the looks department that is...I still can't deny how awesome the LSX motor is....

Im thinking that's the main reason the Mustang stuck around, while the F-Body died was because the New Edge was a MUCH better looking car than the 4th gen F-Body, & styling sells more cars than power. Performance had nothing to do with it, because a stock 99-04 GT is a major disappointment performance wise when compared to a 4th Gen F-Body.....

[ April 21, 2012, 03:11 AM: Message edited by: *EPIK* ]

--------------------

warhorse58gt
¯
Member # 7702

quote:
quote:
quote:

LOL.... Well, For what it's worth, I don't even care for F-Bodies much haha... Well, in the looks department that is...I still can't deny how awesome the LSX motor is....

Im thinking that's the main reason the Mustang stuck around, while the F-Body died was because the New Edge was a MUCH better looking car than the 4th gen F-Body, & styling sells more cars than power. Performance had nothing to do with it, because a stock 99-04 GT is a major disappointment performance wise when compared to a 4th Gen F-Body.....

haha want to talk disappointment. 96-98 gt's performance is one of the greatest of all times.

ps. don't tell anyone but your catty is pretty bad ass.

--------------------
WOLFPACK RACING

*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

haha want to talk disappointment. 96-98 gt's performance is one of the greatest of all times.

ps. don't tell anyone but your catty is pretty bad ass.

Hahahaha!!!! Who you telling? I used to own the biggest turd from the modern Mustang era. My 1st Mustang was a 96 GT AUTO!!!! I didn't know shit, I just wanted a nice Mustang when I bought it & it was super clean with 43k miles back in 2004. I thought it was fast too with my catted Bassani X pipe, weld in Flows, & K&N FIPK, that is until a newer 3.5 Maxima & a Lincoln LS hung with me on the street LOL.... I bet it made like 175rwhp on a good day... No disrespect to anybody that owns one, but we all know they are nice, reliable, but SLOW!!!!

Thanks man... I love my Cadi A LOT, but can't wait to get my coupe back on the road. Putting the rebuilt T5 in it this weekend, then it just needs a few minor details & it will be back on the road.... Then comes the blower install... CAN'T WAIT!!!!

Have you heard the Cadi in person?

[ April 21, 2012, 03:35 AM: Message edited by: *EPIK* ]

--------------------

Egocentric
¯
Member # 9529

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Egocentric  Ford pictures for Egocentric    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

How did he trap 110 with an apparently stock motor? Isn't 110 trap consistent with around 300+ WHP, atleast for weight.

F-Bodys do weigh in around 3600LB's.

--------------------
08 G37S
72 C10 Custom
R6

quote:
ain't no one tell me what to do. - NEIGHT

Posts: 1712 | From: NoOneTellMeWhatToDo-Neight | Registered: Oct 2009  |  :
02angrybird
¯
Member # 11259

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 02angrybird  Ford pictures for 02angrybird    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 50DADDY:
My buddy John used to run 12.80's all day long in a stock 01 automatic Z28 Camaro with a K&N and normal street tires.I dont even like Camaros so you know i aint lyin either.He used to kill em out at the spots.

Occasionlly you find so called factory freaks but the majority of stock 1s will run 13s. I ran a 12.8 in a modded f-body on my 3rd pass since buying car.

--------------------
KIH Willie Guzman
2002 WS6 RIP
2009 G8 GT DD
97 taco 4X4
98 TA under construction

norcalfiddy
¯
Member # 11207

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for norcalfiddy  Ford pictures for norcalfiddy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 86- 50:
quote:
Originally posted by 02angrybird:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by 86- 50:

if your lucky enough to find a 12 second
camaro, guarantee they got atleast cam and longtubes if not
more.

12.8 stock cam, stock suspenion, stock gears, stock shifter, hell this thing had cats still lol, basic bolt ons that can be done in a day. Sorry to rain on your parade.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MPj7L_Kgjk&feature=youtube_gdata_player
[/QUOTE

Is this yours? and people is saying 12's stock, that car had everything but a cam with nitto's, and barely got into the 12's. But if its yours good run, So now thats one 12 second and probably the only one in this thread of people jocking there ls1 camaro\firebird's. keep your personal times coming guys, can't wait to hear.

then can runs 12's pretty much stock. my friend had one with a slp lid and a little tune. ran 12.8. stock cam, stock full exhaust, nothing else. street tires.

--------------------
600HP 1996 7.3L powerstroke single cab short bed race truck

Posts: 3393 | From: Brentwood | Registered: Aug 2011  |  :
wichoms4
¯
Member # 10900

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for wichoms4  Ford pictures for wichoms4    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Bone ls1 f-body is weighing in around 3600lbs. That's a pig. Here's a stock ls1 6speed not auto running in da 11's.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40Nc1MM6WBc&feature=youtube_gdata_player

--------------------
1998 CAMARO SS

Anyone can shift an auto, but not too many can bang gears...

wichoms4
¯
Member # 10900

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for wichoms4  Ford pictures for wichoms4    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Warhorse... Cali is not big on f-bodys. Cali is mostly ponys. Go to da east coast n u will find lot of lsx cars. But il tell u one thing the f-body's that are setup for drag here in NorCal runs 9's or quicker. Keep bashing us Chevy guys . Ls1 are hated for a reason...lol [Big Grin]

--------------------
1998 CAMARO SS

Anyone can shift an auto, but not too many can bang gears...

warhorse58gt
¯
Member # 7702

quote:
Originally posted by wichoms4:
Warhorse... Cali is not big on f-bodys. Cali is mostly ponys. Go to da east coast n u will find lot of lsx cars. But il tell u one thing the f-body's that are setup for drag here in NorCal runs 9's or quicker. Keep bashing us Chevy guys . Ls1 are hated for a reason...lol [Big Grin]

because your shit is ugly and slow.. all you ls1 that think your so fast don't want any of my weak ass pony. that simple. you can't compare those ls turds with a fox. look you guys talking how you got 12-13's but i showed you a fox that runs 11.80 and no one wants to show me a bigger ci, bigger cam, bigger heads, and godly power that goes faster than a stock elim fox running 11.80 in stock trim.

like i have said before in this thread. i will drag any one of you ls1 nut swingers down the track. only 1 of you half ass step up to the plate. i said, lets put some money on it. and all i got from the peanut gallery. was crickets. put some money on hotls1 vs. me!

or show me a stock ls1 running 11.80's stock! [patriot]

edit not some scrub off youtube either! any one can say there are stock on youtube.

[ April 21, 2012, 01:17 PM: Message edited by: warhorse58gt ]

--------------------
WOLFPACK RACING

warhorse58gt
¯
Member # 7702

quote:
Originally posted by norcalfiddy:
quote:
quote:

more.

12.8 stock cam, stock suspenion, stock gears, stock shifter, hell this thing had cats still lol, basic bolt ons that can be done in a day. Sorry to rain on your parade.
[/QUOTE

Is this yours? and people is saying 12's stock, that car had everything but a cam with nitto's, and barely got into the 12's. But if its yours good run, So now thats one 12 second and probably the only one in this thread of people jocking there ls1 camaro\firebird's. keep your personal times coming guys, can't wait to hear.

then can runs 12's pretty much stock. my friend had one with a slp lid and a little tune. ran 12.8. stock cam, stock full exhaust, nothing else. street tires.
so a second slower than a stock fox.. props!

--------------------
WOLFPACK RACING

Robb
¯
Member # 9444

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robb  Ford pictures for Robb    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

more.

[/QUOTE

So you want people to post up their own time slips to compete with a time that you pulled off the net?
Posts: 2467 | From: Sacramento,CA | Registered: Sep 2009  |  :
warhorse58gt
¯
Member # 7702

quote:
Originally posted by Robb:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

more.

[/QUOTE

So you want people to post up their own time slips to compete with a time that you pulled off the net?
you can't really be that slow? it is a member on this site. go look at the fastest list on this site. he is on it #21. hell he runs the list. lots of guys on this site know him. what more do you want?

[ April 21, 2012, 03:10 PM: Message edited by: warhorse58gt ]

--------------------
WOLFPACK RACING

04 S281
¯
Member # 9229

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 04 S281  Ford pictures for 04 S281    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
So you're saying a showroom stock fox can run 11's with 215hp?
Posts: 1570 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jun 2009  |  :
Robb
¯
Member # 9444

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robb  Ford pictures for Robb    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 04 S281:
So you're saying a showroom stock fox can run 11's with 215hp?

Apparently lol. Maybe in the 1/8th. There must be alot of god awful drivers out there because all i see are high 13's and low 14's with bolt on foxes.

[ April 21, 2012, 03:18 PM: Message edited by: Robb ]

ISP89LX
¯
Member # 8949

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ISP89LX  Ford pictures for ISP89LX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

more.

[/QUOTE

you can't really be that slow? it is a member on this site. go look at the fastest list on this site. he is on it #21. hell he runs the list. lots of guys on this site know him. what more do you want?
+1 that's deff not a time off YouTube and like warhorse said he is a part of the cafords fam and he is always on here and plays a big roll on this site. Look at the drag racing section he's all over it!!!!
[patriot]

--------------------
89LX
Turbo50built!!!
Wait, he jacked my shit!!!
"Dan will make It rite" THIEF!

Posts: 2997 | From: Nowhere to be found. | Registered: Feb 2009  |  :
coupedup
¯
Member # 9987

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for coupedup  Ford pictures for coupedup    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Alright... So here's the deal fellas. I've made up my mind and I'm not gonna get a Camaro or a Mustang. It's time for a change, so I've come to the conclusion that I'm gonna get a 1994-1995 BMW 325i E36 and then I'm gonna slap an eBay turbo kit on it. We'll see how it runs when I go turbo !!! Yeeeeeeee [Big Grin] [Wink] [patriot]
02angrybird
¯
Member # 11259

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 02angrybird  Ford pictures for 02angrybird    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Alright... So here's the deal fellas. I've made up my mind and I'm not gonna get a Camaro or a Mustang. It's time for a change, so I've come to the conclusion that I'm gonna get a 1994-1995 BMW 325i E36 and then I'm gonna slap an eBay turbo kit on it. We'll see how it runs when I go turbo !!! Yeeeeeeee [Big Grin] [Wink] [patriot]

lol wow that's funny outta left field

--------------------
KIH Willie Guzman
2002 WS6 RIP
2009 G8 GT DD
97 taco 4X4
98 TA under construction

Robb
¯
Member # 9444

quote:

BMW's are awesome daily drivers. I'd like to pick up an 2002- M3 someday
coupedup
¯
Member # 9987

quote:
quote:

BMW's are awesome daily drivers. I'd like to pick up an 2002- M3 someday
Yea I think it will be a good change, they are obd1 so smog won't be as difficult as the 96 and newer cars. I'll probably smog it then put the turbo kit on right after. The motor design on the 3.0 liter inline 6's is badass. They are easy to work on and parts are easily available and not as expensive as the newer BMW. It will look nice in my driveway along with my 08 335i. And with the turbo kit it will be a fun little driver, they come with IRS and are rear wheel drive. Also have individual throttle bodies (ITB's).

Page: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com