Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » 1998-2002 LS1 Camaro's (Page 7)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ...  15  16  17   
Author Topic: 1998-2002 LS1 Camaro's
warhorse58gt
¯
Member # 7702

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for warhorse58gt  Ford pictures for warhorse58gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by wichoms4:
1htls1 will give em a run for his cash in da streets. Good luck hooking a nine sec car in da streets

[Big Grin] jr. mine car goes wheels up on the street. [patriot] i even leave off the trans brake and on the hit! care to lay some money on this race? lets lock something in.

[ April 17, 2012, 06:18 PM: Message edited by: warhorse58gt ]

--------------------
WOLFPACK RACING

With guns, we are 'citizens'. Without them, we are 'subjects'.

83gt 354ci sbf 9.40 @ 143
77 cobra 2 171ci 97hp of pure fury!

warhorse58gt
¯
Member # 7702

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for warhorse58gt  Ford pictures for warhorse58gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by *EPIK*:
quote:
Originally posted by Wrenchin:
To the OP, if you want a car in the 5-7k range that you don't have to tinker with to have some nice useable power, get an LS1.

If you like to work with your hands, get/keep your fox.

Agreed............ But at the same time, he could get a built H/C/I fox that will have an advantage over the stock Camaro for the same price.

BUT... Throw LT's & a cam in that Camaro, & you will be seeing about the same power as a well built N/A 347 Fox....

This argument is never ending LOL....

100% correct sir. it is never ending. but there is a reason almost ever class is full of fox bodied mustangs and not f-body ls1's. [patriot]

--------------------
WOLFPACK RACING

SwEeT03Gt
¯
Member # 10283

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SwEeT03Gt  Ford pictures for SwEeT03Gt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Robb:
Most of the 80s fox bodies and sn95s I see on the road are broke down faded paint piles of crap. I see a nice one every several months. No stock/bolt on mustang from the 80s and 90s could compete with the fbody ls1s in stock trim.. 320rwhp bone stock for 5-7k bucks is hard to beat

320rwhp bone stock are you high? maybe ls1 vettes but not camaros or T/a's

they put down 290rwhp stock

[ April 17, 2012, 06:25 PM: Message edited by: SwEeT 03 Gt ]

Posts: 4484 | From: -NicKlE n DiMe- | Registered: Sep 2010  |  :
Saleen 00-768
¯
Member # 9379

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Saleen 00-768  Ford pictures for Saleen 00-768    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by warhorse58gt:
quote:
Most of the 80s fox bodies and sn95s I see on the road are broke down faded paint piles of crap. I see a nice one every several months. No stock/bolt on mustang from the 80s and 90s could compete with the fbody ls1s in stock trim.. 320rwhp bone stock for 5-7k bucks is hard to beat

this just points out what i said. no clue how to set up a fox. lol for 5-7k i'll buy a fox and get it in the 10's. [patriot] [patriot]
Thank you. end of convo. anyone who says they care about the factory numbers and bang for buck can stfu

in the real world on the streets its a 14 second car stock!! that doesnt handle all that well either!! NOT IMPRESSIVE

stop talkin up the camaro already

[ April 17, 2012, 10:13 PM: Message edited by: sneakyfox90 ]

--------------------
'00 Saleen SC #768
'90 GT
'90 California Edition (sold)
'87 Saleen #264 (sold)

Robb
¯
Member # 9444

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robb  Ford pictures for Robb    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SwEeT 03 Gt:
quote:

There's been many ls1 f bodies dynoing around 315-320 rwhp bone stock.
Posts: 2467 | From: Sacramento,CA | Registered: Sep 2009  |  :
SwEeT03Gt
¯
Member # 10283

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SwEeT03Gt  Ford pictures for SwEeT03Gt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:

There's been many ls1 f bodies dynoing around 315-320 rwhp bone stock.
find me a video from a magazine like motor trend
that says 330 @ the rear wheels

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2-XZIctvZg

skip to 2:20 thats a stock 98 ls1 maro

[ April 17, 2012, 06:48 PM: Message edited by: SwEeT 03 Gt ]

Posts: 4484 | From: -NicKlE n DiMe- | Registered: Sep 2010  |  :
98 ROUSH
¯
Member # 10309

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 98 ROUSH  Ford pictures for 98 ROUSH    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
FUCK THIS THREAD,,,, FTW [patriot]

--------------------
Built 2v
Stroked, Cammed and Blown
Advanced Auto Built & Kurgan Tuned

Posts: 4678 | From: North Hayward, Cali | Registered: Sep 2010  |  :
NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 98 ROUSH:

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1986 Hatch- catfish killer
1964 Impala hard top

Posts: 18531 | From: EA$T $IDE REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
coupedup
¯
Member # 9987

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for coupedup  Ford pictures for coupedup    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Lol- look fellas, being that I'm the one who let the cat out the bag and who started this whole mess of thread. Let's be clear that most of us already know about the perks and down sides to F-bodies and we all have our own opinions as to what kind of power they make and what times they run and so on. Up until a few months ago I would never have consider owning one, but as of rightnow in this current economy I see mild notches bone stock selling for what a 98-02 SS is going for and that's what has pushed me to consider buying an f-body. because now that the foxes are getting older and harder to find in decent shape, the price on them has risen drastically in comparison to a few years ago when you could find a supercharged Fox with H/C/I for 5k or less. Now days people think that they are sitting on a gold mine for a fox with an s/c & H/C/I and are asking 8k plus. That's only reason why I am considering an F-body at this point, however who knows, if I don't find one that I like that's in my price range I will more likely than not end up with another fox.
warhorse58gt
¯
Member # 7702

quote:
Originally posted by *1 HoT Ls1*:
quote:
Originally posted by Blind:
quote:
na its not high 9 seconds but will be mid to low 10s. just tryna go for shits and giggles and see how a stock short-block keeps up against a fully built stang.

sounds like it would be about a second slower and a waste of gas.
well i dont see it that way. warhorse gave my boy tuttle a run in his evo a while back. and i beat tuttles evo back when i was still doing 11.40s.
lol stop it. i put a hurting on his evo and his sc300. shit the same night i knocked off his evo, i shut down phet's blue evo. both of them i did on motor. now a all motor run isn't going to happen since i'm in the middle of the procharger install. so when i come back out i should be a few 10th's faster than i was on the hit. for now. since i will only be on "low boost" 12psi. [patriot] we can for sure lock in a money race. no problems. but i won't be back out for a month or so. i should make next grudge if this go right.

op. sorry about the thread jack. [patriot] but it's going to happen when you ask about a brand x car on a ford web site. [Cool]

[ April 17, 2012, 08:39 PM: Message edited by: warhorse58gt ]

--------------------
WOLFPACK RACING

*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *EPIK*  Ford pictures for *EPIK*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by *EPIK*:
quote:
To the OP, if you want a car in the 5-7k range that you don't have to tinker with to have some nice useable power, get an LS1.

If you like to work with your hands, get/keep your fox.

Agreed............ But at the same time, he could get a built H/C/I fox that will have an advantage over the stock Camaro for the same price.

BUT... Throw LT's & a cam in that Camaro, & you will be seeing about the same power as a well built N/A 347 Fox....

This argument is never ending LOL....

100% correct sir. it is never ending. but there is a reason almost ever class is full of fox bodied mustangs and not f-body ls1's. [patriot]
I agree.... I will say this, I think from a factory handling stand point (more than going in a straight line) an F-Body has a MUCH better chassis design with the tq arm/PHB rear, & the SLA front suspension. Why do u think Griggs & Maximum Motorsports make that same rear setup design, because the 4 link SUCKS for anything other than straight line performance, & it has horrible bind & snap oversteer when pushed to the handling limits... But on the other side of the coin, the Fox Body platform is hands down better for drag racing.
[patriot]

[ April 17, 2012, 09:43 PM: Message edited by: *EPIK* ]

--------------------
=91 Notch:12.31@110 **Under Construction**
=05 CTS-V: 418rwhp/393rwtq=13.01@111

http://www.djepikmusic.com

coupedup
¯
Member # 9987

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for coupedup  Ford pictures for coupedup    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
No problem man, I completely understand. If my dad was still alive he'd probably slap the shit out of me for even thinking about buying a GM. He was a die-hard Ford enthusiast, had countless fastbacks, coupes and even a very rare 428 SCJ 1970 Mach 1. So yea, Ford definitely runs deep in my blood. I've just had so many Mustangs that I want to change it up and if I get a Camaro and don't like it or am unimpressed I can always sell it and get another Stang. I'm still on the wall as to what I'm going to do.

quote:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Blind:
quote:
na its not high 9 seconds but will be mid to low 10s. just tryna go for shits and giggles and see how a stock short-block keeps up against a fully built stang.

sounds like it would be about a second slower and a waste of gas.
well i dont see it that way. warhorse gave my boy tuttle a run in his evo a while back. and i beat tuttles evo back when i was still doing 11.40s.
lol stop it. i put a hurting on his evo and his sc300. shit the same night i knocked off his evo, i shut down phet's blue evo. both of them i did on motor. now a all motor run isn't going to happen since i'm in the middle of the procharger install. so when i come back out i should be a few 10th's faster than i was on the hit. for now. since i will only be on "low boost" 12psi. [patriot] we can for sure lock in a money race. no problems. but i won't be back out for a month or so. i should make next grudge if this go right.

op. sorry about the thread jack. [patriot] but it's going to happen when you ask about a brand x car on a ford web site. [Cool]

Chavez66
¯
Member # 9812

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chavez66  Ford pictures for Chavez66    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

-

--------------------
WWW.50Reasonscarclub.com

Posts: 1694 | From: Dont worry about it | Registered: Feb 2010  |  :
Robb
¯
Member # 9444

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robb  Ford pictures for Robb    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by sneakyfox90:
quote:
quote:

this just points out what i said. no clue how to set up a fox. lol for 5-7k i'll buy a fox and get it in the 10's. [patriot] [patriot]
Thank you. end of convo. anyone who says they care about the factory numbers and bang for buck can STFU

in the real world on the streets its a 14 second car stock!! that doesnt handle all that well either!! NOT IMPRESSIVE

Please find me a healthy stock ls1 camaro running 14's.

Funny thing is, im not even a die hard camaro guy. I just dont let a brand cloud my vision on what a good built car is. If the camaro in its exact form had a ford tag on it, im sure all the ford nut riders would blow a load over it.

I had an ls1 camaro and a fox body at the same time and put the same amount of money into the each of them and the camaro got way better gas mileage, was more comfortable, AC worked, TTops on nice days. I ended up selling the fox body after owning it for 2 months because the camaro got driven 99% of the time.

Now if you want to build a straight up race car then i could see why a fox would be the way to go. Im more of a cruiser type guy so thats why i'd rather own an ls1 camaro/trans am over any mustang from the 80's and 90s. Its the complete full package from the factory.

coupedup
¯
Member # 9987

Hey Robb, you have made some good points about the fox and 98-02 f-bodies and I can certainly agree with you about the drivability aspect of the LS1's and also having a sixth gear for great freeway gas milage is a plus my book. I seemed to have ruffled alot of people's feathers about this topic, I mean it is a Ford forum and all but in all reality I was just wanting know about the pro's and con's of them, not a Ford vs Chevy battle and which is top dog on the streets and track.

I appreciate everyone's advice and opinions and would like to say thanks to everyone for keeping it 100

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Thank you. end of convo. anyone who says they care about the factory numbers and bang for buck can STFU

Funny thing is, im not even a die hard camaro guy. I just dont let a brand cloud my vision on what a good built car is. If the camaro in its exact form had a ford tag on it, im sure all the ford nut riders would blow a load over it.

I had an ls1 camaro and a fox body at the same time and put the same amount of money into the each of them and the camaro got way better gas mileage, was more comfortable, AC worked, TTops on nice days. I ended up selling the fox body after owning it for 2 months because the camaro got driven 99% of the time.

Now if you want to build a straight up race car then i could see why a fox would be the way to go. Im more of a cruiser type guy so thats why i'd rather own an ls1 camaro/trans am over any mustang from the 80's and 90s. Its the complete full package from the factory.

Robb
¯
Member # 9444

quote:
Originally posted by RONIN:
Hey Robb, you have made some good points about the fox and 98-02 f-bodies and I can certainly agree with you about the drivability aspect of the LS1's and also having a sixth gear for great freeway gas milage is a plus my book. I seemed to have ruffled alot of people's feathers about this topic, I mean it is a Ford forum and all but in all reality I was just wanting know about the pro's and con's of them, not a Ford vs Chevy battle and which is top dog on the streets and track.

I appreciate everyone's advice and opinions and would like to say thanks to everyone for keeping it 100

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Yeah. Give me a 6 speed, 27 mpg highway, ttops, working ac, with very good power with minimal mods, very reliable car for 6k anyday. My ls1 had 190k when i sold it and the owner before me took it to the drag strip every other weekend in the time he owned it. I had a hard time selling it because people claimed to have seen it at the strip every time they where out there. lol. All original car and i recently found some videos of it racing and beating low mileage ls1s on youtube in the bay area. That thing has to have over 200k on it now.
coupedup
¯
Member # 9987

Dang that's some milage, lol. I guess longevity isn't a problem with them, that's good to know because most that I see have upwards of 100k miles.
warhorse58gt
¯
Member # 7702

haha full package from the factory. hands down the funniest thing i have heard all day! [worship] then if they were god's gift was there no 03 maro? [Wink] you might want to go to the track once in a while. then you would see how many ls1 maro's really run in the 13-14's [patriot]

--------------------
WOLFPACK RACING

Venomousnotch
¯
Member # 8695

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Venomousnotch  Ford pictures for Venomousnotch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Chavez66:
quote:

-
LMFAO... [worship] [worship]

--------------------
🏁•2004 MUSTANG SVT COBRA•🏁

"WHEN THE WHINING STARTS,IT MEANS JUSTICE IS ABOUT TO BE SERVED"..

Posts: 7604 | From: *NORTHERN*KILLA4NIA* | Registered: Oct 2008  |  :
Egocentric
¯
Member # 9529

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Egocentric  Ford pictures for Egocentric    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

No bodys high, they will do 320 RWHP stock. Mine bone stock put down 312 RWHP. After a lid, 321 RWHP.
Posts: 1712 | From: NoOneTellMeWhatToDo-Neight | Registered: Oct 2009  |  :
Egocentric
¯
Member # 9529

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Egocentric  Ford pictures for Egocentric    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:

No bodys high, they will do 320 RWHP stock. Mine bone stock put down 312 RWHP. After a lid, 321 RWHP.

Also, the dyno depends on how well it was maintained, the DA Of the area, gas hes running.

There are a million dyno videos of them doing 300+ RWHP Easily, it isn't a myth.

Look at this link.

http://www.camaroz28.com/forums/ls1-based-engine-tech-19/what-did-your-ls1-f-body-dyno-stock-43335/

--------------------
08 G37S
72 C10 Custom
R6

quote:
ain't no one tell me what to do. - NEIGHT

Posts: 1712 | From: NoOneTellMeWhatToDo-Neight | Registered: Oct 2009  |  :
Robb
¯
Member # 9444

quote:
haha full package from the factory. hands down the funniest thing i have heard all day! [worship] then if they were god's gift was there no 03 maro? [Wink] you might want to go to the track once in a while. then you would see how many ls1 maro's really run in the 13-14's [patriot]

Yeah i'd rather own a mustang 2 and an 83 gt =)

Youre an obvious ford nut rider so ill let you be.

Ive seen an 03 cobra run 14.6 at the track once. Damn those cars are turds!

[ April 18, 2012, 12:04 AM: Message edited by: Robb ]

warhorse58gt
¯
Member # 7702

quote:
quote:

lol my ford nut riding ass will put a hurting on any pos you drive. i also own a 83 capri rs 4/ turbo. one of only 423 made. sucks to be me. [Frown] now all that a side. don't mean i'm not right about 13=14 second ls1 at the track! [Cool]

--------------------
WOLFPACK RACING

Robb
¯
Member # 9444

quote:
quote:
quote:

lol my ford nut riding ass will put a hurting on any pos you drive. i also own a 83 capri rs 4/ turbo. one of only 423 made. sucks to be me. [Frown] now all that a side. don't mean i'm not right about 13=14 second ls1 at the track! [Cool]
My corolla would fly by you while youre filling up with gas =o
warhorse58gt
¯
Member # 7702

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

My corolla would fly by you while youre filling up with gas =o
you are wrong again. i would be so far out on you i could stop, eat lunch, read a book, get gas, and still beat you there! [burnout]

--------------------
WOLFPACK RACING

Page: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ...  15  16  17   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com