Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Do you think the new bill passed in Arizona is wrong? (Page 11)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11  12   
Author Topic: Do you think the new bill passed in Arizona is wrong?
Yaterstang
¯
Member # 7659

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yaterstang  Ford pictures for Yaterstang  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 91silverbullet:
Never said I supportillegal aliens..I actually understand where y'all coming from with the whole thing about illegals coming here and driving cars without a license and all the criminals that come in..and all the people that just come to work and go back after a year or 2 of making money..send their asses back..but what if they're doing it the right way..? And trying to become residents/citizens.paying taxes and trying to adapt and become americans. They get thrown in the same boat as a delinquent immigrant??.. all I been against is that some of you guys think we come here and get aaaaaaallllll these previleges and take aaaaaall your tax money..that couldn't be further from the truth..

So when the illegal gets sick and has to go to the hospital, do you really think he's got healthcare insurance working under the table to pay the bill? What other country pays for you to learn english? There's always an ESL class in every school. Who the phuck do you think pays for that? When your car gets rearended and the guy starts running away, he's probably not running away because he's fully insured. And the biggest reason is when the illegal takes a job under the table, he's helping looser businesses increase their profits, reduce their taxes and makes the illegal poorer than he should be if he was legal. Deport them all, and deport the business owners and anybody else who supports the criminal illegal.
Yaterstang
¯
Member # 7659

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yaterstang  Ford pictures for Yaterstang  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:
Originally posted by Yaterstang:
Why am i a racist and Hitler because i support a logical and legitimate law....

Not saying you are racist one bit. But this law is not logical nor legitimate. Everything about its implementation is backwards. The lawsuits are already rolling in, sponsors are dropping, states are no longer supporting Arizona. Arizona is not back-peddling and editing the law real-time. This reaction on a global scale screams "illogical and non-legitimate". I understand the strong reactions and obtuse opinions. But come on folks can you guys not see the gaps and potential issues with this implementation of what otherwise is a good idea?
Implementation? So you have no license and no other forms of id, remember that is illegal in every state now due to 911, then the cop brings you to lockup to identify you and confirm your legal status. If not, then they have to refer them to INS and let them figure out how to handle them.(DEPORT) Cops are allowed to pull you over for anything they want. Shit i've heard of people getting pulled over for having a crack in their windshield. What part of having no id then bringing them in is racist?
03mach1
¯
Member # 9866

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 03mach1  Ford pictures for 03mach1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
its kinda fucked up but you gotta do what u gotta do
Posts: 96 | From: brentwood, south san francisco | Registered: Mar 2010  |  :
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:

Not saying you are racist one bit. But this law is not logical nor legitimate. Everything about its implementation is backwards. The lawsuits are already rolling in, sponsors are dropping, states are no longer supporting Arizona. Arizona is not back-peddling and editing the law real-time. This reaction on a global scale screams "illogical and non-legitimate". I understand the strong reactions and obtuse opinions. But come on folks can you guys not see the gaps and potential issues with this implementation of what otherwise is a good idea?
Implementation? So you have no license and no other forms of id, remember that is illegal in every state now due to 911, then the cop brings you to lockup to identify you and confirm your legal status. If not, then they have to refer them to INS and let them figure out how to handle them.(DEPORT) Cops are allowed to pull you over for anything they want. Shit i've heard of people getting pulled over for having a crack in their windshield. What part of having no id then bringing them in is racist?
Lawful stops and request for information is quite different than racial profiling stops. In the hands of folks that are not trained in the observational science(s) like FBI/CIA/ATF are makes for bad business. Leaves to much to personal interpretation and misinformation. And opens the door for lawsuit after lawsuit that will easily be won. EASILY. That is the main flaw of the implementation. I am so surprised that folks cannot put their patriotism aside and understand this. I guess once the blockers are up they are up.
LX347hatch
¯
Member # 8668

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LX347hatch  Ford pictures for LX347hatch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
True ..but the first 2 cimcurstances may or may not happen...the only legitemate one you have is the business owners 1..but hey isn't that the best way not necessarily the right way to run your business pay less labor to make more profit..that's how america got rich.why do you think all the big companies from here go get labor somehwere else?..ain't nothing going to change that..Arizona is trying to block the sun with one finger with this law ..how is it that #1 country inthe world on military power has problems keeeping their borders secure?? They should address the problem from the root..
Posts: 1416 | From: El Sobrante | Registered: Sep 2008  |  :
DLo
¯
Member # 6133

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DLo  Ford pictures for DLo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by N8:

I'm not about to read through this entire thread so I have no idea if you already listed this.. but what do you propose as a solution then instead of this?

--------------------
94 GT

Posts: 1876 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Oct 2005  |  :
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by DLo:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:

I'm not about to read through this entire thread so I have no idea if you already listed this.. but what do you propose as a solution then instead of this?
Well I do not believe there is 1 solution for it. It is so much a many splintered problem you cannot possible have a 1 size fit all solution. But for damn sure it should not enacted at the state level, by untrained personnel.
blackfifty
¯
Member # 9023

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for blackfifty  Ford pictures for blackfifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:

Not saying you are racist one bit. But this law is not logical nor legitimate. Everything about its implementation is backwards. The lawsuits are already rolling in, sponsors are dropping, states are no longer supporting Arizona. Arizona is not back-peddling and editing the law real-time. This reaction on a global scale screams "illogical and non-legitimate". I understand the strong reactions and obtuse opinions. But come on folks can you
guys not see the gaps and potential issues with this implementation of what otherwise is a good idea?

Implementation? So you have no license and no other forms of id, remember that is illegal in every state now due to 911, then the cop brings you to lockup to identify you and confirm your legal status. If not, then they have to refer them to INS and let them figure out how to handle
them.(DEPORT) Cops are allowed to pull you over for anything they want. Shit i've heard of people getting pulled over for having a crack in their windshield. What part of having no id then bringing them in is racist?

A peace officer can't merely pull you over for anything they need a reason to. And if a cop is doing nothing but taking time from his beat to find ways to pull you over he is abusing his power and wasting all of our tax payers money but not focusing on real issues. Your right something has to be dome about the problem and don't ask me how because I'm no politician nor would I ever want to be but using this whole let's not involve federal amd make this a state issue because it's "trespassing" is only alienating a culture and distracting a whole state police force from properly doing there job.

--------------------
03 Terminator

DLo
¯
Member # 6133

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DLo  Ford pictures for DLo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:
Originally posted by DLo:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:

Well I do not believe there is 1 solution for it. It is so much a many splintered problem you cannot possible have a 1 size fit all solution. But for damn sure it should not enacted at the state level, by untrained personnel.
I agree with there not being 1 solution for it. But maybe this law is a step in the direction which may result in a solution? I'm not sure either if this law is the way to go, but I'm certainly glad Arizona finally stepped up and did something about the problem! I haven't been following it all that closely, but everything I hear around me when this issue is brought up is "Arizona racist this, Arizona racist that..." then when asked, nobody else really seemed to give any other solutions. Sounds like some people just want to pull the race card every chance they get instead of actually giving some other idea to solve a problem.

--------------------
94 GT

Posts: 1876 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Oct 2005  |  :
SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I can't post it up right now but why not just post the 15page law (link) so people can read what it really says.... Untill you read it ( which I have read) it is the same law that the federal gov hasn't been following!!! It's the SAME LAW only a state is going to arrest people, unlike what the Feds haven't been doing.

I'm serious look at the laws and STFU [patriot]

--------------------
Originally posted by turbo50:
I have no intenions of keeping anyones parts or taking anyones money.

uncle bill
¯
Member # 3953

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for uncle bill  Ford pictures for uncle bill  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by blackfifty:
quote:
Originally posted by WildFire532FB:
In looking at all this stuff in Arizona and that fact that we as Californians and Americans somehow think that AZ should be banned for their stance on the securing of THEIR (our) border, I just wanted to make sure I got the facts correct...

In North Korea if you cross the border illegally you get 12 years of hard labor.

In Iran you are detained indefinitely

Afghanistan....SHOT

Saudi Arabian Border...Jailed

If you cross the border into China Illegally you may never be heard from again.

If you Illegally cross the Venezuelan border you will be called a spy and your fate will be sealed!

If you cross over into Cuba Illegally you will be thrown into a "political" prison to rot

If you cross the Mexican Border Illegally it is a FELONY and you get 2 years in Jail. If you re-enter after deportation you get 10 years.

You are not allowed to enter Mexico to reside if you are physically or mentally unstable or if you have a criminal

record. AND you must show "economic independence" if you wish to stay..

But for some reason...

If you enter America Illegally you get
A Job
A drivers license
A Social Security Card
Food Stamps
Credit Score
Subsidized rent or low interest loan
Free Education
Free Health care
You even get your very own lobbyist in Washington D.C.

Ok so am I clear on all this?????

it's amazing how misinformed you are and how people actually believe this is true. First of all who in there right mind would want to leave this country and go to any of those countries you just mentioned. Second when undocumented immigrants cross the border illegaly there is no gift basket on the other side given to you by a federal employee with all those things you've just mentioned. You need two forms
of US issued government ID's to recieve any of the things
you've just mmtioned with the exception of a free education and we all see how shitty public schools are. So believe me I'm studying law now and there is no way an undocumented immigrant would recieve any of those things without proper identification which they don't have.

just to clarifie a few things for you, the goverment doesnt give these things to illegals other than education and healthcare, but everything on this list is readily availible.
A JOB: the day they come over they are willing to work for less than minimum wages, cash under the table. and they dont just pick tomatoes, they drive trucks, build houses and roads ect.
A DRIVERS LICENSE: they dont need one they drive without it, also without insurance, but fakes are availible for a fee.
A SOCIAL SECURITY CARD: again, dont need one to work for cash. fakes are also availible.
FREE EDUCATION: not only free education, but free meals while youre there.
FREE HEALTH CARE: they absolutly do, hospitals dont turn away sick people.
LOBBYIST: yes in sacramento also.
do you really believe all the taxes you pay for gasoline is going to repairing are roads. THATS A LAUGH! take a look at the roads. bridge tolls ect., they all go for other expenses.
ALL you bleeding hearts need to get a clue
its you that are misinformed if you believe that arizona is going to allow its police officers to profile hispanics, thats what the media wants you to believe, not to say there wont be law sutes, this country has more lawyers per capita then any other country in the world, they need a job too. i commend arizona for having the balls for doing what their tax payers pay them to do. MAKE DESISSIONS. if their desissions are wrong the voters well vote them out. our pollitions dont have the right point fingers at arizona while they sit on their asses and do nothing about our problems

SFvert
Drama kids have no place here
Member # 3965

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SFvert  Ford pictures for SFvert        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
all you damn conservative douches need to stop
 -
you cry the same crap over and over, its and old and repetitive and the same sorry excuse. thats why obama is in office and the dems have majority control. [patriot]

--------------------
R.I.P. 89 LX Sold the 90 Vert,
I bring the Amber Lamps!!!
[IMG]http://images.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/5/53/Epicbeardmanwin.jpg[/IMG]

Posts: 3706 | From: the city by the bay | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :
SFvert
Member # 3965

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SFvert  Ford pictures for SFvert        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
 -

--------------------
[IMG]http://images.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/5/53/Epicbeardmanwin.jpg[/IMG]

Yaterstang
¯
Member # 7659

quote:
Originally posted by SF89lLx:
all you damn conservative douches need to stop
 -
you cry the same crap over and over, its and old and repetitive and the same sorry excuse. thats why obama is in office and the dems have majority control. [patriot]

You faggots call me hitler when you worship Obama. You stupid panochudo, Obama's policies are very similiar to Hitler's.

-

macthizzle
¯
Member # 3492

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for macthizzle  Ford pictures for macthizzle    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i called u hitler i dont give a fuck about obama

GREEN PARTY SON LIBERAL

--------------------
"FUCK U PAY ME"

Posts: 992 | From: REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Oct 2003  |  :
uncle bill
¯
Member # 3953

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for uncle bill  Ford pictures for uncle bill  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
sorry, good reading rense.com

Fact Sheet On New Arizona Immigration Law
Center For Immigration Studies
4-30-10

WASHINGTON ­- The new law recently signed by the governor of Arizona, SB 1070, makes it a state crime to violate some federal immigration statutes. While the law is extremely popular in the state, with 70 percent of Arizona voters approving of it and just 23 percent opposed, it has raised controversy. Below is a brief summary of the relevant information on illegal immigration in Arizona, followed by a short analysis of SB 1070's major provisions.

Illegal Immigration In Arizona

The federal government estimated that Arizona had one of the fastest growing illegal immigrant populations in the country, increasing from 330,000 in 2000 to 560,000 by 2008.<#1>1

Arizona has adopted other laws to deter the settlement of illegal immigrants in the state in recent years. The federal government estimates that the illegal immigrant population dropped by 18 percent in the state from 2008 to 2009, compared to a 7 percent drop for the nation as a whole.<#2>2 This may be evidence that the state enforcement efforts are having an impact.

The Maricopa County Attorney's Office has found that 22 percent of felonies in the county are committed by illegal immigrants.<#3>3 Illegal immigrants are estimated to be 10 percent of the county's adult population.<#4>4

Analysis of data from State Criminal Alien Assistance Program showed that illegal immigrants were 11 percent of the state's prison population. Illegal immigrants were estimated to be 8 percent of state's adult population at the time of the analysis.<#5>5

Approximately 17 percent of those arrested by the Border Patrol in its Tucson Sector have criminal records in the United States.<#6>6

The issue of illegal immigration and crime is very difficult to measure, and while in Arizona there is evidence that illegal immigrants are committing a disproportionate share of crime, it is not clear this is the case nationally.<#7>7

In 2007, the Center for Immigration Studies estimated that 12 percent of workers in the Arizona are illegal immigrants.<#8>8

In 2007, the Center estimated that illegal immigrants and their U.S.-born children (under 18) comprise one-fifth of those in the state living in poverty, one-third of those without health insurance, and one out of six students in the state's schools.<#9>9

In 2007, the Center estimated that one-third of households headed by illegal immigrants in Arizona used at least one major welfare program, primarily food-assistance programs or Medicaid. Benefits were typically received on behalf of U.S.-born children.<#10>10

The new law (SB 1070) is extremely popular among Arizona voters. A Rasmussen poll found that 70 percent of voters approve of the new bill, and just 23 percent oppose it.<#11>11

Among the new law's provisions:

The new Arizona law mirrors federal law, which already requires aliens (non-citizens) to register and carry their documents with them (8 USC 1304(e) and 8 USC 1306(a)). The new Arizona law simply states that violating federal immigration law is now a state crime as well. Because illegal immigrants are by definition in violation of federal immigration laws, they can now be arrested by local law enforcement in Arizona.

The law is designed to avoid the legal pitfall of "pre-emption," which means a state can't adopt laws that conflict with federal laws. By making what is a federal violation also a state violation, the Arizona law avoids this problem.

The law only allows police to ask about immigration status in the normal course of "lawful contact" with a person, such as a traffic stop or if they have committed a crime.

Estimates from the federal government indicate that more than 80 percent of illegal immigrants come from Latin America.<#12>12 Thus, there is concern that police may target only Hispanics for enforcement.

Before asking a person about immigration status, law enforcement officials are required by the law to have "reasonable suspicion" that a person is an illegal immigrant. The concept of "reasonable suspicion" is well established by court rulings. Since Arizona does not issue driver's licenses to illegal immigrants, having a valid license creates a presumption of legal status. Examples of reasonable suspicion include:

A driver stopped for a traffic violation has no license, or record of a driver's license or other form of federal or state identification.
A police officer observes someone buying fraudulent identity documents or crossing the border illegally.
A police officer recognizes a gang member back on the street who he knows has been previously deported by the federal government.

The law specifically states that police, "may not solely consider race, color or national origin" when implementing SB 1070.

When Arizona's governor signed the new law, she also issued an executive order requiring the Arizona Peace Officer Standards and Training Board to provide local police with additional training on what does and what does not constitute "reasonable suspicion."<#13>13

# # #

The Center for Immigration Studies is an independent non-partisan research institution that examines the impact of immigration on the United States. It is not involved in drafting legislation and has not formally endorsed or opposed SB 1070.

Endnotes

1 See Table 4 "Estimates of the Unauthorized Immigrant Population Residing in the United States: January 2008," http://www.dhs.gov/xlibrary/assets/statistics/publications/ois_ill_pe_2008.pdf.

2 See 'Estimates of the Unauthorized Immigrant Population Residing in the United States: January 2009," Table 4, http://www.dhs.gov/xlibrary/assets/statistics/publications/ois_ill_pe_2009.pdf See also Table 4 "Estimates of the Unauthorized Immigrant Population Residing in the United States: January 2008," http://www.dhs.gov/xlibrary/assets/statistics/publications/ois_ill_pe_2008.pdf.

3 The Maricopa County Attorney's office report is at: http://www.mcaodocuments.com/press/20081002_a-whitepaper.pdf.

4 See Table 3 in "Immigration and Crime: Assessing a Conflicted Issue," http://www.cis.org/ImmigrantCrime.

5 See Table 6 in "Immigration and Crime: Assessing a Conflicted Issue," http://www.cis.org/ImmigrantCrime.

6 See "The Krentz Bonfire: Will the murder of a respected Cochise County rancher change anything on our border?" Tucson Weekly, April 29, 2010, http://www.tucsonweekly.com/tucson/the-krentz-bonfire/Content?oid=1945848.

7 The Center for Immigration Studies has conducted a detailed review of the literature and data available on crime. Nationally it is very difficult to come to a clear conclusion about crime rates among immigrants. The report, "Immigration and Crime: Assessing a Conflicted Issue," is at: http://www.cis.org/ImmigrantCrime.

8 See Tables 21 in "Immigrants in the United States, 2007: A Profile of America's Foreign-Born Population," http://www.cis.org/immigrants_profile_2007.

9 See Tables 23, 24, and 26 in "Immigrants in the United States, 2007: A Profile of America's Foreign-Born Population," http://www.cis.org/immigrants_profile_2007.

10 See Tables 25 in "Immigrants in the United States, 2007: A Profile of America's Foreign-Born Population," http://www.cis.org/immigrants_profile_2007.

11 Rasmussen poll released April 21, 2010, of likely voters in Arizona, http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/elections2/election_2010/election_
2010_senate_elections/arizona/70_of_arizona_voters_favor_new_
state_measure_cracking_down_on_illegal_immigration.

12 See 'Estimates of the Unauthorized Immigrant Population Residing in the United States: January 2009," Figure 2, http://www.dhs.gov/xlibrary/assets/statistics/publications/ois_ill_pe_2009.pdf.

13 See http://www.azpost.state.az.us/bulletins/eo201009.pdf.

Contact Mark Krikorian, (202) 466-8185, msk@cis.org

[ April 30, 2010, 03:53 PM: Message edited by: uncle bill ]

N8
¯
Member # 6048

This topic is officially ridiculous now.
JOEFOX87
¯
Member # 8331

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JOEFOX87  Ford pictures for JOEFOX87    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Wait, I heard that they have the same law in Mexico, now ain't that a bitch.
Posts: 824 | From: Union City, California | Registered: Apr 2008  |  :
SFvert
Member # 3965

quote:
Originally posted by uncle bill:
http://www.rense.com...0/factsheet.htm
some good reading

wtf is this?? i dont want to read uncle tom's cabin uncle [BS flag]

--------------------

uncle bill
¯
Member # 3953

Drinking with an Arizona Girl

A Mexican, an Arab

and a Arizona girl are

in the same bar.

When the Mexican

finishes his beer,

he throws his glass

in the air, pulls out

his pistol and shoots

the glass to pieces.

He says, 'In Mexico,

our glasses are so

cheap we don't need

to drink with the same one twice.'

The Arab, obviously

impressed by this,

drinks non-alcohol beer

(cuz he's a muslim!),

throws it into the

air, pulls out his

AK-47, and shoots

the glass to pieces.

He says, 'In the

Arab World, we have

so much sand to make

glasses that we don't

need to drink with

the same one twice either.'

The Arizona girl,

cool as a cucumber,

picks up her beer,

downs it in one gulp,

throws the glass into

the air, whips out her

45, and shoots the

Mexican and the Arab.

Catching her glass,

setting it on the bar, and calling for a refill,

she says,

'In Arizona,

we have so many

illegal aliens that

we don't have to

drink with the same ones twice.'

God Bless Arizona

SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Uncle Bill

Your one of the few people who has read the bill and understands that the media is tryng everything they can to spin this as being racist.....
Calling people who support the federal law and this state law a NAZI OR RACIST is [BS flag]

Wake up people.

--------------------
Originally posted by turbo50:
I have no intenions of keeping anyones parts or taking anyones money.

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 91silverbullet:
Never said I supportillegal aliens..I actually understand where y'all coming from with the whole thing about illegals coming here and driving cars without a license and all the criminals that come in..and all the people that just come to work and go back after a year or 2 of making money..send their asses back..but what if they're doing it the right way..? And trying to become residents/citizens.paying taxes and trying to adapt and become americans. They get thrown in the same boat as a delinquent immigrant??.. all I been against is that some of you guys think we come here and get aaaaaaallllll these previleges and take aaaaaall your tax money..that couldn't be further from the truth..

Are you talking about a legal immigrant or an illegal thats trying to convert? I am all for a legal immigrant who has come here legally. My closest friends from high school are all Legal immigrants from India, Iran, Mexico. I am all for that, i welcome legal immigrants with open arms but illegal just puts a bad taste in my mouth. They're just doing it all wrong.
I just read somewhere that Mexico's unemployment is only 4% but 40% of the country lives under the proverty line. That's cause Mexico is a shithole and its Government is worthless. This states unemployment is what 20% now? 20% of the population could do the work that an illegal is doing. All we have to do is stop giving free handouts and make the lazy people get a job instead of sitting on unemployment for 2 years. (i know someone who is doing that and it pisses me off big time, I blame Obama and his stupid extensions he keeps giving out)

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Slowback67:
Uncle Bill

Your one of the few people who has read the bill and understands that the media is tryng everything they can to spin this as being racist.....
Calling people who support the federal law and this state law a NAZI OR RACIST is [BS flag]

Wake up people.

I read the bill i know the Media is totally spinning it around as a racist thing, i had to straighten out some coworkers who thought it was a bad thing until i told them the wording of the bill. They support it now that they've read it.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

(CNN) -- A sheriff's deputy in central Arizona was shot Friday afternoon by an alleged illegal immigrant, authorities said.

The shooting comes amid a national debate over Arizona's tough new immigration law that allows police to demand proof of legal residency. Arizona lawmakers say the law is needed because the federal government has failed to enforce border security with Mexico, allowing more than 450,000 illegal immigrants to move into the state.

The Pinal County deputy, who was not immediately identified, contacted authorities after being wounded in the desert, saying he had been shot by an illegal immigrant with an AK-47, said Lt. Tammy Villar, a sheriff's spokeswoman.

At one point, the deputy lost radio contact with authorities, leading to a search by foot and by air for him and the shooter, according to CNN affiliate KNXV. Video from the scene shows that the deputy was located while sitting in desert brush, surrounded by cactus. He was able to walk to a helicopter that airlifted him to a hospital.

KNXV: Deputy stopped five suspects

A spokeswoman at Casa Grande Regional Medical Center confirmed that the deputy was being treated there Friday evening. He was in good condition with stable vital signs, conscious and comfortable, she said.

KPNX: Deputy expected to survive

The search for the shooter continued into the evening.

Pinal County is between Phoenix and Tucson and has been described as a key transit point for illegal immigrants and drug traffickers. Sheriff Paul Babeu said an estimated 80 percent of illegal immigrants eventually pass through his county along the way to other locations.

Earlier this week, a CNN crew spent 12 hours on patrol with Pinal County deputies. In that time, the deputies captured more than 50 suspected illegal immigrants and about 2,000 pounds of marijuana.

Deputies in the department routinely patrol for illegal immigrants and smugglers, and it is not uncommon for them to be in the field alone, officials said. It was not immediately clear what led the deputy to engage with the shooter Friday.

The shooting is sure to heat up the debate around the new Arizona law. Critics say the law is unconstitutional and will lead to racial profiling, which is illegal. But Republican Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer and others who support the bill say it does not involve profiling or other illegal acts and will cut down on illegal immigration.

"Frankly this is just a very horrible story, but we should not generalize," Alfonso Aguilar, former chief of the U.S. Citizenship Office, told CNN's Rick Sanchez when news of Friday's shooting broke. "We should focus on the criminality of the drug traffickers ... not scapegoat undocumented immigrants who do not pose any threat to society."

Brewer on Friday signed a bill that makes changes to the immigration law, saying the changes will ease concerns about racial profiling.

The law, which will go into effect in 90 days, has already drawn at least two lawsuits and condemnation from the Mexican government and other Latin American nations. Prominent entertainers, including Shakira and Linda Ronstadt, also have spoken against the law. Some critics are calling for a boycott of Arizona, urging tourists to stay away and that no one do business with companies in the state.

Let me guess hes already ran back to Mexico.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

kennebellgt
¯
Member # 8395

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for kennebellgt  Ford pictures for kennebellgt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I hate illegals, its like how low to sneak into another country, the bill is perfect and right by all means.

--------------------
just trying to fight the SN-95 demons

PS3 NAME- kennebellgt

Posts: 830 | From: Sacramento | Registered: May 2008  |  :

Page: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11  12   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com