Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » The Return of Han Solo (Page 8)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   
Author Topic: The Return of Han Solo
50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50 Deep  Ford pictures for 50 Deep  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 9cobra7:
Absolutely awesome pics!!

Red looks wicked but I think that car in almost any color would kill it ! It just seems to stand out at any angle you take a pick and not many cars can do that.

Keep the pic whoring coming [worship]

As requested [Big Grin]

Things have been super busy lately. Work, family, and car. I had the good fortune of getting in contact with Dan from S550 Carbon through Instagram. They are a mustang enthusiast company out of Ohio with a focus on carbon fiber components for S550 Mustang platform. The company actually ended up sponsoring my car as they are looking to move into the GT350 market. I am working with them on developing a rear diffuser and some other products. From time to time I will be testing out some of their components and reviewing them on material quality, ease of install, design, and fitment.

The product I just installed from them is their carbon fiber side mirror covers. Initial impressions out of the box are great. The carbon fiber weaving is flawless, great luster, and very light. Much better than the dull carbon fiber wrap I had on the mirrors, and comparable in price.

-
 -
 -

Installation was very straight forward. Double sided tape to attach them over the factory gloss black mirrors. Several strategically placed pieces of tape for the most contact and to prevent them from ripping off if you brush past the mirror with your clothing. S550 Carbon sends you all the components you need for install, but no instructions since there isn't a "wrong" way to do this per se. Below are some pics of what I did.

-
 -

Be sure to wipe everything with the alcohol wipe before placing any tape and let it air dry. I recommend seating the bottom of the mirror cap first and then rotating it on to the top portion. Going to want to ensure the mirror is fully recessed into the pocket of the cap before you engage all the tape. Once they are all mated up keep even pressure on the taped areas with both hands for at least 60 seconds.

-
 -

Install altogether took me 30 minutes, and that includes me explaining to the wife why I was in the garage at 10pm. The fitment is SPOT ON. Retail on these is $169 and worth the cost in my opinion. S550 Carbon is still building its web page but If anyone is interested in ordering let me know and I will get you in contact with Dan, as well as 5% off your order. S550 Carbon has several other offerings for the GT350 interior/exterior as well. R style wing, GT350 CF steering wheel, CF tail light bezels, CF decklid panel, CF trunk, CF interior kit, and CF gas cap. I will be reviewing some of their other items shortly as I decide what will look good on the car.

:cheers:

--------------------
Signature Wheel Ford Representative
Email: Terrance@Signaturewheel.com
Instagram: @Signature_Wheel_Mustang
Web: www.SignatureWheel.com

Posts: 6043 | From: sacramento | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50 Deep  Ford pictures for 50 Deep  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Had the car out in the wild. Snapped a cell phone pic
 -

--------------------

50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDzafdGtPz8&app=desktop

--------------------

Black 02 SS
¯
Member # 5939

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Black 02 SS  Ford pictures for Black 02 SS    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Looking good.

When will it see a track day to make use of its hardware? [Wink]

--------------------
Schwinn 18speed

50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

quote:
Originally posted by Black 02 SS:
Looking good.

I've had two track days so far. One at Buttonwillow and the other at Utah Motorsports Park. But they were in Ford's vehicles. I will post up those pics

I will probably have my personal car out next spring

--------------------

Black 02 SS
¯
Member # 5939

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Black 02 SS  Ford pictures for Black 02 SS    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 50 Deep:
quote:
Originally posted by Black 02 SS:
Looking good.

I've had two track days so far. One at Buttonwillow and the other at Utah Motorsports Park. But they were in Ford's vehicles. I will post up those pics

I will probably have my personal car out next spring

Buttonwillow December 17th - I'll be out there in a 16 SS (hopefully). Come kick some GM butt [Wink]

--------------------
Schwinn 18speed

50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

Well its official. I have a total man crush on Tob. He has taken the time to develop these stainless steel brake caliper studs. As many of us know the current brake caliper setup is a bolt through caliper type that can wear the aluminum threads after repeated changes. Tob has developed these in stainless steel and some other 4340 scientific space age stuff. If you have more questions about getting a set or his CAD/Solidworks design definitely send him a PM. At the moment I have more parts than time, so for now I will leave these tease shots.

I recently got to know Tob better and the package showed up like a brick of cocaine [Big Grin] . What was inside was much better. These come with instructions written by Epiphany and everything you need to get them on.

**Epiphany is a member on Mustang6g**

-
 -
 -
 -

--------------------

50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

On with the updates. Along the lines of not having enough time I have been sitting on these carbon fiber tail light overlays from S550 Carbon for over a week. Initial impressions is that they look killer. I am happy to report that fitment is spot on once again. I would like to pair these with the full carbon fiber decklid panel, but i am not ready to give up the GT350 emblem since they are expensive.

Similar to the mirror caps they install with double sided tape. The parts come with the necessary tape and adhesion promoter. As with all doubled sided tape applications the prep is whats most important. Install is pretty straight forward on these. Prep your surfaces by wiping them down with alcohol and be sure not to put your oily fingers on the surface after. This goes for the back of the overlays and the tail lights themselves. I might recommend wearing latex gloves if you can.

-
 -

Here is a shot of how I placed the tape. Again there is not really a wrong way to do this, but I placed it in all places that might make contact with the light. I would add that there are some pluses and minuses to this and will discuss below

-

In regard to the installation I discovered a few things. The best way to install the lights is from the outside in. Meaning get the outside edges of the overlay mated up at the quarter panel, then work your way to the center of the car. Also make your best effort to seat the bottom of the overlay first. These take a little more finesse to install due to the angle of the protruding tail lights. Take your time with the install or you will install them crooked and have to start over. The tape is quite strong, ask me how I know... I mentioned that adding a lot of tape has costs and benefits. On the good side you will get a nice strong bond and no worries about them coming loose. On the down side adding a lot of tape means that the overlay can contact the surface if your hands are unsteady.

Here a few pictures of the final installation. Overall I am very pleased with the product and will work if you are going for a full carbon fiber look, or just want a nice subtle accent. Feel free to post up or shoot me a PM if you are interested in a set.

-
 -
 -
 -

--------------------

POWERED BY FORD
¯
Member # 9204

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for POWERED BY FORD  Ford pictures for POWERED BY FORD    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Looking good t, need to check it out in person
50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

quote:
Originally posted by POWERED BY FORD:
Looking good t, need to check it out in person

For sure. My car will actually be on display at the international auto show for a few days. If you get a chance definitely check it out

--------------------

50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

Quick update. I had the good fortune of getting invited by the Eurosunday group to show the car at the Sacramento International Auto Show this weekend at Cal Expo. It is a big yearly show in Sacramento at our exposition center. Here are a few quick shots of the pics I took during the drop off and staging today. There are a lot of nice cars out this year and it was nice getting to see them all getting staged and setup.

-
 -
 -

--------------------

50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

Been tinkering away at the R and getting parts installed. Lately it seems like I don't have time to put together a full write up. I will keep things brief, and if anyone is interested in a full installation write up let me know and I will work on getting it together

R Springs vs FP Springs
Met up with my buddy Rick at the local cars and coffee. He has a GT350 on the Apex wheels, Carbon2Carbon R aero, and running the same Michelin SC2 tire. His car has the FP lowering springs and MM plates. Measurements show about a 20mm difference up front, and a little less out back. You can visibly see it is lower

-

OPT7 Sequential LED Turn Signals
These were a total pain in the butt to install. It took myself and [MENTION=22191]straightliner1[/MENTION] about 2.5 hours to get this task done. The end result is damn impressive, but the worst part is you never really get to see the lights in action as you drive. You know its there, but this mod is really for others to see. If I had to do it again I would, but it did take much longer than expected. No need to pull the front bumper. Go in through the fender liner, unbolt the cooler, remove a bunch of screws that holds the light, and pull it out from the front. It sounds easy, but my hands are still all beat up.

-

ZL1 Addons Titanium Tow Hook
This one was pretty simple since I knew what to expect from the last car. I love the look and the functionality. Pray to god I never need it. Went with titanium becauseracecar.

-

iJDM Toy LED 4th Brake Light
I was super sketch about buying this at first, but I want all my lighting converted to LED. It was also a pain to install and consumed 4 hours of my life. The area to work in behind the bumper is impossibly tight, the diff cooler had to be unbolted and moved, and running the wires took a little time. The kit does not come with any of the wiring connecters, grounds, or splicers you need so be sure to have them handy. I went with the smoked lens and well..... I love it. That LED surround is sexy at night. Definitely would bang again. Biggest complaint is I cant see it while driving.

-

Overall still in love with this car. My night photography sucks. Hope I helped you spend some money. Mod on :thumbsup:

--------------------

Vndcatr
CAFords OG
Member # 2343

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vndcatr  Ford pictures for Vndcatr    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
looks real good T, hope to see it out around one day so i can check it out..These cars are a work of art.. but those pictures are a little disappointing lol..jkjk congrats dude!

--------------------
Built 01 cobra
400 rwhp
11.7@117mph , 1.62 60ft

Posts: 1066 | From: Sacramento,Ca | Registered: Jan 2003  |  :
50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

quote:
Originally posted by Vndcatr:
looks real good T, hope to see it out around one day so i can check it out..These cars are a work of art.. but those pictures are a little disappointing lol..jkjk congrats dude!

I HATE shooting at night. Which means I need more practice [Razz]

--------------------

NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Nice ride! But what's the difference between the 350 and the 350R?

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1986 Hatch- catfish killer
1964 Impala hard top

Posts: 18528 | From: EA$T $IDE REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
swedensky
¯
Member # 12185

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for swedensky  Ford pictures for swedensky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by NEIGHT:
Nice ride! But what's the difference between the 350 and the 350R?

Nothing really, some red trim that's all

--------------------
I work at Ford!! > Best deals on ALL cars!
click here

50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

Finally got my custom engraved True Forged Coolant expansion tank installed. I was pretty bummed when I found it wouldn't work with the passenger side Ford Performance Oil Seperator. Luckily I stumbled upon a relocation kit offered by UPR products. It's made to relocate their Oil Seperator to the passenger strut tower, and not the FP model. Luckily I confirmed the connections were the same and figured I could make the bracket work. Sure enough it did. Took a little modification, but $60 later and I have everything I wanted. If anyone is running the FP setup and the True Forged tank this is the way to go. Hit them up to order yours. This tank looks way better than the OEM setup. Thanks again Steve

-
 -
 -

--------------------

50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

Full thread with pics and info on the Signature wheels once they are all edited.

-
 -

--------------------

iceman302
¯
Member # 7180

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for iceman302  Ford pictures for iceman302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Definitely diggin' the new rims, T! I like the slight sweep in the spokes. It gives them a visual sense of motion.

--------------------
'65 Mustang Fastback

Posts: 4171 | From: Rancho Murieta | Registered: Oct 2006  |  :
50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

quote:
Originally posted by iceman302:
Definitely diggin' the new rims, T! I like the slight sweep in the spokes. It gives them a visual sense of motion.

Thanks D. We need to C&C it soon

--------------------

68dustin
CAFords OG
Member # 5388

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 68dustin  Ford pictures for 68dustin    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[worship]

--------------------
"As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction that I can keep, and if I do begin to slide, please dear God protect me and my ride!"

Posts: 3986 | From: neverland | Registered: Feb 2005  |  :
iceman302
¯
Member # 7180

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for iceman302  Ford pictures for iceman302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 50 Deep:
quote:
Originally posted by iceman302:

Thanks D. We need to C&C it soon
Agreed! I was there a few weeks ago. Can't make it this Saturday though.

--------------------
'65 Mustang Fastback

Posts: 4171 | From: Rancho Murieta | Registered: Oct 2006  |  :
70stang351w
¯
Member # 9948

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for 70stang351w  Ford pictures for 70stang351w    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
BADASS!!! [worship]

--------------------
1996 GT VERT /32v MOD - SOLD
1970 Mustang Coupe M-Code 351w

50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

Today ended up being pretty cool. Had the opportunity to ask a favor of a new acquaintance of mine. Thought it would be cool to get the car on my old college campus at California State University Sacramento for some photos. I went out with Todd from GP36 Media and he snapped a couple images while we scouted some other locations for photos. Looks like I can get access to some pretty exclusive places that will provide some great imagery. I snapped a few pics while he was working. Will share his images once he gets to them.

-
 -
 -

After my last photoshoot at Thunder Hill Raceway I was contacted by a company named DCT Motor Sports. They are looking to bring a new steering wheel for the S550 Mustang to market and asked me to try it out. I had not felt the need to upgrade from the GT350R wheel, but when I saw their product I was intrigued. Even more pleased when I actually got it in my hands. The stitching, quality of the leather, and weave on the carbon fiber is VERY good.

-
 -
 -

Of note were the impressions in the top of the steering wheels for your fingers to grip.

-

The only real knock I can make on the OEM wheel is that the Alcantara (or whatever it is) will eventually get messed up if you have sweaty hands, let your kids touch on it, get dirt on the material, or constantly let the wheel slide through your hands after turning. I think a few here have discussed the option of a full leather wheel. I basically resigned myself to wearing driving gloves all the time to save the material, but sometimes that is a bit of a hassle. Being that guy who pulls up to the cars and coffee with the racing gloves on is a bit much at times.

-

This is looking like an attractive option. Once I get it installed I will take pictures side by side of the OEM wheel to check for any differences in size, and will provide impressions after driving.

--------------------

50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

Got the new shift knob installed and took a few better pictures of it and the steering wheel

-
 -

I also got to spend a little time with @swedensky and @Dtmaso with their R's. Managed to get their cars all dirty in the process of snapping a few pictures. More and better shots to come

-
 -
 -

--------------------

Page: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com