Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » The Return of Han Solo (Page 5)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   
Author Topic: The Return of Han Solo
swedensky
¯
Member # 12185

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for swedensky  Ford pictures for swedensky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Nice! Wish I could have stayed longer but the girl was ready to go lol

--------------------
I work at Ford!! > Best deals on ALL cars!
click here

iceman302
¯
Member # 7180

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for iceman302  Ford pictures for iceman302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It was fun hanging out with all the cool kids on Saturday. 👍🏻

--------------------
'65 Mustang Fastback

Posts: 4171 | From: Rancho Murieta | Registered: Oct 2006  |  :
50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50 Deep  Ford pictures for 50 Deep  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by iceman302:

Hell yeah Dave. Breakfast was good too. Next time I got the tab, and you can order some extra chocolate milk if you want. I am starting to develop a little crush on that STi though. Nice car

On a side note.... Damn Daniel! Can't wait to put these on
 -
 -
 -

[ 2016-04-06, 09:47 AM: Message edited by: 50 Deep ]

--------------------
Signature Wheel Ford Representative
Email: Terrance@Signaturewheel.com
Instagram: @Signature_Wheel_Mustang
Web: www.SignatureWheel.com

Posts: 6043 | From: sacramento | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
adower
¯
Member # 5955

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for adower  Ford pictures for adower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 50 Deep:
quote:

Hell yeah Dave. Breakfast was good too. Next time I got the tab, and you can order some extra chocolate milk if you want. I am starting to develop a little crush on that STi though. Nice car

-
 -
 -

Did you replace the calipers or just get them powder coated?

--------------------
98 Cobra
Griggs
S Trim
HRE

iceman302
¯
Member # 7180

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for iceman302  Ford pictures for iceman302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

-
 -
 -

Damn! Those are purrty!

I was going to run up to Auburn and pull the Boss out of the hangar for C&C this weekend but it looks like rain.

--------------------
'65 Mustang Fastback

50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50 Deep  Ford pictures for 50 Deep  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:

]

Damn! Those are purrty!

I was going to run up to Auburn and pull the Boss out of the hangar for C&C this weekend but it looks like rain.

Yeah the rain kept all my extra curricular activities to a minimum also. You bringing the Boss to snakes at the lake this year?

@Adower: These are the OEM calipers from the GT350R. Same as the GT350, but coated red from Brembo...

Calipers came in and I got a chance to look them over. They are HUGE. I found a few more scratches and Knicks than I would like so I spent a little time touching them up. It is raining so I enjoyed a quiet night inside after the fam went to sleep

-

Wanted to install these myself but won't have time before Knotts. Taking it to my buddies shop to get it handled. If I can get off work early enough during the week I will pop in and help do the install.

--------------------

iceman302
¯
Member # 7180

Might be bringing the Boss out for Snakes at the Lake. We' would have the kids along with us that weekend though.

--------------------
'65 Mustang Fastback

swedensky
¯
Member # 12185

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for swedensky  Ford pictures for swedensky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
T those look sick. I can't decide what to do with mine. Just ordered the Steeda clutch spring though.

What's snakes at the lake? You've gotta text me for events lol I'm out of the loop

--------------------
I work at Ford!! > Best deals on ALL cars!
click here

50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

quote:
Originally posted by swedensky:
T those look sick. I can't decide what to do with mine. Just ordered the Steeda clutch spring though.

What's snakes at the lake? You've gotta text me for events lol I'm out of the loop

I will text you with the event info. It's a bad ass cruise and all around good day. The wife even looks forward to it every year and she isn't into cars at all.

@iceman302: Dave you gotta bring the Boss my friend. I will bring chocolate milk for your daughter since I owe you breakfast anyway. To be honest now that I have a little one or two to look after I can't blame you for not wanting to drag the kids out for all day run. They are work bro!

--------------------

50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

Got the car up on the rack for the caliper install. If you ever have the chance to get up under your car, or someone elses GT350, spend some time looking over the underbody. Ford did some good engineering with this car. I could stand under it for an hour and admire the thought the went into it.

-

Also got my coil covers back from my good buddies paint shop. had them done in DIB to match the stripes. My problem now is figuring out how to apply color to the recessed "powered by ford" and borders. Anyone have a creative solution?

-

these pics were with my ipotato so forgive the quality

--------------------

LXjames
¯
Member # 10791

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LXjames  Ford pictures for LXjames    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/2011-2014-mustang-gt-tech/347399-official-how-paint-your-coil-covers-thread-2.html#/forumsite/20799/topics/347399?page=1

--------------------
On Point Motorsport prez.
King Lx

Posts: 4761 | From: Pittsburg CA | Registered: Mar 2011  |  :
iceman302
¯
Member # 7180

quote:
[QUOTE]@iceman302: Dave you gotta bring the Boss my friend. I will bring chocolate milk for your daughter since I owe you breakfast anyway. To be honest now that I have a little one or two to look after I can't blame you for not wanting to drag the kids out for all day run. They are work bro!

I hear you, brother. Kids are a ton of work when they're babies but it gets more and more fun as they get older. Can't believe mine are 10 and 7 already. They had a fun time when we went to Snakes at the Lake a couple years ago.

[ 2016-04-10, 09:14 PM: Message edited by: iceman302 ]

--------------------
'65 Mustang Fastback

adower
¯
Member # 5955

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for adower  Ford pictures for adower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
[QUOTE]@iceman302: Dave you gotta bring the Boss my friend. I will bring chocolate milk for your daughter since I owe you breakfast anyway. To be honest now that I have a little one or two to look after I can't blame you for not wanting to drag the kids out for all day run. They are work bro!

I hear you, brother. Kids are a ton of work when they're babies but it gets more and more fun as they get older. Can't believe mine are 10 and 7 already. They had a fun time when we went to Snakes at the Lake a couple years ago.
I have a 6 month old and she's already a handful. After four to five hours I have to hand her off to the wife for a break.

--------------------
98 Cobra
Griggs
S Trim
HRE

50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

Progress is taking much longer than it should. Hard to get things done with work and a newborn. Gotta get these bled tonight since we are cruising to Fabulous Fords Forever this Friday morning.

-

-

Old brakes... Sell them or coat them Deep Impact Blue?

-

--------------------

70stang351w
¯
Member # 9948

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 70stang351w  Ford pictures for 70stang351w    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
This car ever gonna be sold? I'd keep the parts incase

--------------------
1996 GT VERT /32v MOD - SOLD
1970 Mustang Coupe M-Code 351w

50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

quote:
Originally posted by 70stang351w:
This car ever gonna be sold? I'd keep the parts incase

I'm waiting to hear back from my dealer about an R allocation. If they get one then I will sell my car to get the unicorn. Otherwise I see this one staying.

I see your point about keeping the stock stuff though. I am going to do some research at Knotts to see what other people have had done and new techniques for brake coloring. If I see something inspiring I might have these redone. If I am still on the fence I will hang them on the wall as decoration until I can decide for sure

--------------------

9cobra7
¯
Member # 2812

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9cobra7  Ford pictures for 9cobra7    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Definitely enjoying this thread and the great pics!

--------------------
If you can't walk and chew gum at the same time, don't walk.

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
T, stop making it so damn pretty and beat that thing up! Drive it the way it was designed for...on a race track [burnout]

I'm sure you paid a pretty penny for the painted calipers and valve cover (or whatever they are). You know how many trackdays you could have bought instead?!?! [Razz]

[ 2016-04-14, 09:50 PM: Message edited by: SydeWaySix ]

--------------------
2013 Boss 302 #356. Performance White. Stock.
1965 Fastback GT Restored to stock spec.

50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

quote:
Originally posted by SydeWaySix:
T, stop making it so damn pretty and beat that thing up! Drive it the way it was designed for...on a race track [burnout]

I'm sure you paid a pretty penny for the painted calipers and valve cover (or whatever they are). You know how many trackdays you could have bought instead?!?! [Razz]

Ian I feel you brother! I am going to the GT350 Track Tour in May down in buttonwillow, so it should give me some seat time in track pack and R model. Then I am going to the 2 day GT350 Track Tour at Utah Motorsports Park in July. When I get those under my belt I will take my own car out to rail on.

By fall this year Ford should have the transmission/differential cooler setup available for the technology package GT350's. Then I can hot lap her all day without worrying about tripping any temp sensors. When I do I will hit you up. I made contact with one of the instructors from Hooked on Driving and a few from Track Mustangs Online so I can get shown the ropes.

--------------------

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Glad to hear that you have hose trackdays planned. You could/should also look into running with NASA. They provide instructors for level 1 and 2 as well. Their trackdays are, in my opinion, organized very well. Their instructors are real racers and I have had a great experience with their instructors in the past.

I also liked Trackmasters' trackdays as they weren't crowded and also provided instructors for beginner levels. Look into other local clubs outside of Ford specific events because they will likely be priced better and you'll learn a lot from their instructors. Definitely let me know when you start hitting the tracks...I would love to come out and play [Wink]

--------------------
2013 Boss 302 #356. Performance White. Stock.
1965 Fastback GT Restored to stock spec.

hidnn0s
¯
Member # 13845

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn0s  Ford pictures for hidnn0s    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm hearing the 2017's are the ones to wait for? Tech and track packs available together from the factory?
iceman302
¯
Member # 7180

quote:
Originally posted by hidnn0s:
I'm hearing the 2017's are the ones to wait for? Tech and track packs available together from the factory?

That is correct. Track package is now standard. Tech is optional.

--------------------
'65 Mustang Fastback

50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by hidnn0s:

That is correct. Track package is now standard. Tech is optional.
Yes they are combing the two. Sticker price now is higher though and your staring at basically what the track pack cost. Then add 3k to get the electronics/convenience. Or have a 2016 tech pack and spend a grand or two to add the coolers that ford will be releasing. In the end both routes will cost about the same...

Got the brakes on and bled. Took a couple pics at 3am before we left for Knotts. If any of the so cal guys are out and about in their GT350 shoot me a PM

-
 -
 -

Few of my buddies rolling
 -
 -
 -

--------------------

1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
http://youtu.be/Ue2TW4JUyrc

--------------------
http://i.magaimg.net/img/257w.png

Blow_U_In_Reverse
¯
Member # 12298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blow_U_In_Reverse  Ford pictures for Blow_U_In_Reverse    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Saw you cruising down Beach Blvd a little while back with a couple other s550's.. Car looks SIICK!!

--------------------
"Real Men Get BLOWN"
-1993 Cobra "COBRUUH"
-1984 T-Top Notchback
#KurganTuned

Posts: 2688 | From: FiJi-925-650 | Registered: Aug 2012  |  :

Page: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com