Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » The Return of Han Solo (Page 4)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   
Author Topic: The Return of Han Solo
50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50 Deep  Ford pictures for 50 Deep  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
 -
 -
 -

Now just waiting for the spoiler and oil separators to arrive. Wheels should be here at some point before the Knotts show. Then still need to decide what to do about the brake calipers. That will probably wrap it up for modifications, then just focus on driving and paying off this bad boy.

--------------------
Signature Wheel Ford Representative
Email: Terrance@Signaturewheel.com
Instagram: @Signature_Wheel_Mustang
Web: www.SignatureWheel.com

Posts: 6043 | From: sacramento | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50 Deep  Ford pictures for 50 Deep  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The spoiler came in today with the oil separators and coolant tank cover. Looks like the spoiler is all prepared and ready to install from Ford. It even comes with a template for the install if your trunk lid does not have holes.

-  -  -  -  -

I also got the oil separators and coolant expansion tank on today. Both the oil separators installed fairly easy. About 45 minutes total for everything. Here is a before shot.

-

For the passenger side separator the moving of the wires is super simple. It literally involves pushing them over a few inches to install the tabs, then that is it. The passenger side loom clips back into the separator bracket. For both separators i would advise getting all the tubes connected first, then lock down the separator. The instructions recommend you mount the separator first, then do the connections. I found it harder to get the connections in place with the separators installed, and had to loosen them back up.

The tank cover was pretty easy to install also and does clean up the engine bay a lot. The quality of the plastic is not quite what i expected for the price, but it does serve its purpose. For the install I can see the plastic needs to be a little pliable.

-

The driver side is super easy also. These slip fittings on the tubes are a sinch. The driver side recommends trimming the sound deadening on one of the push pin tabs on the shock tower. I just reused the plastic push pin that originally came out since it was longer. If i need to at some point it will lightly trim the sound deadening and install the new one. The amount you need to trim is only a few mm at most.

-

I should have the spoiler installed Wednesday or Thursday depending on my time after work.

[ 2016-03-02, 06:13 AM: Message edited by: 50 Deep ]

--------------------

50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

Track Pack Spoiler is on

-  -  -  -

While driving home I had some goober behind me in a cutlass honking his horn and rolling his hands like he wanted me to spin the tires. I guess it is the new spoiler. People riding behind me with their phones out taking pics/videos. Another good day for the Shelby. Hope this info was helpful. I do not do many write ups so those of you with better ideas or specifics feel free to add them. Or if you have a better way of doing it.

Looks like the only other mods to go are the wheels and brake calipers

--------------------

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Why didn't you opt for the larger R spoiler?
50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

quote:
Originally posted by SydeWaySix:
Why didn't you opt for the larger R spoiler?

The OEM spoiler costs about 7k is the main reason. Plus I would need the R front splitter to balance it out and the price on that is unknown. Projections are in the 2-3k range

The aftermarket has some R knock offs, but they mount too far to the rear and require drilling/filling holes in the trunk. The knock offs also don't have the same dimensions/proportions. It's just a hassle to do.

[ 2016-03-03, 08:01 AM: Message edited by: 50 Deep ]

--------------------

SF Coupe
¯
Member # 1810

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SF Coupe  Ford pictures for SF Coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Not to throw a turd in the punch bowl but several people who have run the tech or base package cars at the track are overheating the transmission and going into limp mode.

WTF Ford!

BTW love the car. It's on my short list of cars to buy in the next couple years.

50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

quote:
Originally posted by SF Coupe:
Not to throw a turd in the punch bowl but several people who have run the tech or base package cars at the track are overheating the transmission and going into limp mode.

WTF Ford!

BTW love the car. It's on my short list of cars to buy in the next couple years.

I've been reading up on that. The tech/base cars weren't designed for sustained track use, and ford recommends you add them if that is your plan. That track package is what guys should buy if they plan on long track use. I bought a tech package since I plan on 95% street use, so it's not an issue for me.

Ford and a couple other companies are working on cooler upgrades for the tech/base cars that should be around toward the end of the year.

The car is sick though. Get one brother!!

[ 2016-03-03, 11:43 AM: Message edited by: 50 Deep ]

--------------------

adower
¯
Member # 5955

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for adower  Ford pictures for adower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Man T. That car looks stunning

--------------------
98 Cobra
Griggs
S Trim
HRE

twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for twisted54  Ford pictures for twisted54  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Here at a Ford dealership in Petaluma.... They have a gt350 here, same color combo and they're asking 83k for it. That's 25k over.NUTS

[ 2016-03-11, 11:55 AM: Message edited by: twisted54 ]

--------------------
2013 Black on Black 5.0 with Boost N Things - CORN FED 🌽

9cobra7
¯
Member # 2812

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9cobra7  Ford pictures for 9cobra7    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

WTF Ford!

Hey wait a minute...I thought your track days were done! If you want to scratch that itch and buy one, you know the rash will enlarge and will have to put the medicine on to get rid of it...

You gonna just happen to pass by Seca one day?

*Side note, keep on with the pics and posting about this car...love the read.

--------------------
If you can't walk and chew gum at the same time, don't walk.

50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

Newest mods for the Shelby arrived. Not sure when I will install these lol. The Recaro car seat fits pretty well and matches the interior. We have two other 4 doors for family duty. Now at least I have the option to take the little guy along if we decide to drive to Utah for the GT350 Track Attack, Bakersfield for the GT350 Track Tour, or just out to a car show with the little guy.

-  -  -

--------------------

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Cute kid brother! He's gonna love that Recaro seat. Both my son and daughter had one and are now my son is on the last end of it with a Recaro booster. They're costly, but from what they've said, very comfortable and look cool!

What is the folder looking thing? What kind of "mod" is that lol!

--------------------
2013 Boss 302 #356. Performance White. Stock.
1965 Fastback GT Restored to stock spec.

50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

quote:
Cute kid brother! He's gonna love that Recaro seat. Both my son and daughter had one and are now my son is on the last end of it with a Recaro booster. They're costly, but from what they've said, very comfortable and look cool!

Ian, the new mod is the baby bro!!

The pouch is just all the owners information that comes with the car. Nice touch how the keys are engraved with the cobra logo also. Got lucky and found the recaro seat on sale. Good thing is it goes from infant to like 40 lbs

--------------------

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

quote:
Originally posted by 50 Deep:
quote:

The pouch is just all the owners information that comes with the car. Nice touch how the keys are engraved with the cobra logo also. Got lucky and found the recaro seat on sale. Good thing is it goes from infant to like 40 lbs

Ah yes, the baby is the mod! Definitely a nice touch to an awesome car lol!

Your son looks a bit too small for that forward-facing seat though. I think he has to be about 12 months or so before he gets out of the rear facing seat...unless laws have changed in the last couple years.

Regardless, congrats on the new son and new car seat
[patriot]

--------------------
2013 Boss 302 #356. Performance White. Stock.
1965 Fastback GT Restored to stock spec.

hurting your feelings
¯
Member # 13641

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hurting your feelings  Ford pictures for hurting your feelings    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
^^^ have to be 2 years old to face forward ^^^
Posts: 1830 | From: In front of the bank with a 45 an a ski mask | Registered: Jun 2014  |  :
50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

quote:
quote:
quote:

Ah yes, the baby is the mod! Definitely a nice touch to an awesome car lol!

Your son looks a bit too small for that forward-facing seat though. I think he has to be about 12 months or so before he gets out of the rear facing seat...unless laws have changed in the last couple years.

Regardless, congrats on the new son and new car seat
[patriot]

You can slide the bottom of the base on a track. It allows the seat to recline and can be used as a reverse infant seat.

Then you can slide it up to use as a forward facing. It's pretty legit.

--------------------

50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

Had a few odds and ends show up. Some expected, some not.

Got a few items in the mail. An invitation to the Track Tour which I will be attending at Buttonwillow. Also got a cool little owners pamphlet from Ford. Nothing GT350 specific, but cool. Last thing was a hand written thank you card from Steeda. I have NEVER gotten something like this from a parts company. I can say that the small amount of time and postage just earned them a customer for life.

-  -  -

Parts wise I ordered some LED Diode Dynamics side maker lights. I installed them today in about 15 minutes. They look much better than the stock halogen bulbs. Wish Ford would have just gone all out with the LED's on the car, but it probably also kept the price down. Either way I think it was $80 well spent and I am happy with the quality and looks.

Before
 -

After
 -
 -  -
 -
 -  -

--------------------

LXjames
¯
Member # 10791

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LXjames  Ford pictures for LXjames    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Those led sidemarkers make a world of difference.

--------------------
On Point Motorsport prez.
King Lx

Posts: 4761 | From: Pittsburg CA | Registered: Mar 2011  |  :
50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

quote:
Originally posted by adower:

Thanks Aaron. Waiting on you to make up your mind and get a car.

quote:
Originally posted by twisted54:
Here at a Ford dealership in Petaluma.... They have a gt350 here, same color combo and they're asking 83k for it. That's 25k over.NUTS

I know man. The markup game is crazy. some of them are starting to move at 2-5k over, but it is still rare. If this is an indication of how next year will go then the 2017's will be sold even faster.

quote:
Originally posted by 9cobra7:

Will do brother [patriot]

quote:
Originally posted by LXjames:

I agree man. Ford hit it out of the park with this car. Only thing to do is make tasteful changes here and there to make it stand out just a little, and enjoy driving it.

[ 2016-03-15, 06:18 PM: Message edited by: 50 Deep ]

--------------------

SF Coupe
¯
Member # 1810

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SF Coupe  Ford pictures for SF Coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

WTF Ford!

Hey wait a minute...I thought your track days were done! If you want to scratch that itch and buy one, you know the rash will enlarge and will have to put the medicine on to get rid of it...

You gonna just happen to pass by Seca one day?

It's a possibility but I scratched that itch pretty hard already.
adower
¯
Member # 5955

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for adower  Ford pictures for adower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by adower:

Thanks Aaron. Waiting on you to make up your mind and get a car.

quote:
Originally posted by twisted54:

I know man. The markup game is crazy. some of them are starting to move at 2-5k over, but it is still rare. If this is an indication of how next year will go then the 2017's will be sold even faster.

quote:

Will do brother [patriot]

quote:
Originally posted by LXjames:

I agree man. Ford hit it out of the park with this car. Only thing to do is make tasteful changes here and there to make it stand out just a little, and enjoy driving it.

Yeah bro. I wanted your cobra but ended up getting another bike. Wife got preggo so she wasn't having that and I ended up selling it. Now I got a daughter like you. Funny how that ends up happening. Should have just got a car instead of another bike.

--------------------
98 Cobra
Griggs
S Trim
HRE

BUKSING
¯
Member # 6594

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BUKSING  Ford pictures for BUKSING    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
A little late but funny.

-

swedensky
¯
Member # 12185

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for swedensky  Ford pictures for swedensky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
T, you headed anywhere Sunday morning? Would be nice to cruise with you and your brother - all three of us!

--------------------
I work at Ford!! > Best deals on ALL cars!
click here

50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

quote:
Originally posted by swedensky:
T, you headed anywhere Sunday morning? Would be nice to cruise with you and your brother - all three of us!

So juiced for you bro! The white mamba looked good from the pics I saw.

We were planning to hit cars and coffee Saturday morning if your game. Also do a quick photoshoot tonight. Sunday might work also. I will shoot you a PM.

50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

Went to Cars & Coffee this past weekend. Beautiful day. Saw this sick RWB Porsche. First one I have seen in person. I have seen build videos online, but the quality in person is stunning

-

My brother @dTb also finally took delivery of his Competition Orange GT350 that he also ordered from Elk Grove Ford. Needless to say he is excited. Took a couple pics with his car and a few others out there. @Swedensky also had his all white GT350. Grins ear to ear

-  -  -  -

Then I spent a little too long at the car show while the wife was at home with the baby. Soooooo it cost me a manicure/pedicure and I decided to put the car on ice for a few days to stay out of trouble

-

[ 2016-04-04, 06:35 PM: Message edited by: 50 Deep ]

--------------------

Page: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com