Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » The Return of Han Solo (Page 7)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   
Author Topic: The Return of Han Solo
BLK66FB
¯
Member # 8282

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BLK66FB  Ford pictures for BLK66FB    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 50 Deep:
quote:
Originally posted by BLK66FB:
You going racing in Utah at Ford Motorsport Park this week? I will be driving out there on Tuesday, and will be racing on Thursday and Friday!

Cant wait!

Yeah buddy. On the long road to Utah now. Been waiting a long time for this

-

Awesome! You take highway 80? I was thinking about taking 120 through Yosemite on the way there, and then south through Zion National park on the way back. Be a great road trip, have a blast!

--------------------
----------------------

1966 Mustang Fastback
2016 Mustang GT

50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50 Deep  Ford pictures for 50 Deep  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:
You going racing in Utah at Ford Motorsport Park this week? I will be driving out there on Tuesday, and will be racing on Thursday and Friday!

Cant wait!

-

Awesome! You take highway 80? I was thinking about taking 120 through Yosemite on the way there, and then south through Zion National park on the way back. Be a great road trip, have a blast!
Dude your a mind reader. On 80 now with another 250 miles to go. We are planning to hit Zion national park too. Heard it had a lot of great landmarks to see. Might steal your idea about 120. Does it add a lot to the trip?

What race event are you doing?

--------------------
Signature Wheel Ford Representative
Email: Terrance@Signaturewheel.com
Instagram: @Signature_Wheel_Mustang
Web: www.SignatureWheel.com

Posts: 6043 | From: sacramento | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
BLK66FB
¯
Member # 8282

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BLK66FB  Ford pictures for BLK66FB    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
]Dude your a mind reader. On 80 now with another 250 miles to go. We are planning to hit Zion national park too. Heard it had a lot of great landmarks to see. Might steal your idea about 120. Does it add a lot to the trip?

Dont know if it adds time, I'll let you know on Wednesday lol, never made this trip before. I'm driving my '16 GT out there, so hopefully I'll make pretty good time.

Zion national park is on almost every single "Top ten drives in the US" list, so I thought it would be worth the detour on the way back. I've also heard Bryce Canyon is amazing as well. Will you still be there on Wednesday/Thursday? If so I'll buy you a beer, I'd love to check out your GT350 in person.

I'll be doing the 2 day race school on Thursday and Friday

[ 2016-07-31, 01:04 PM: Message edited by: BLK66FB ]

--------------------
----------------------

1966 Mustang Fastback
2016 Mustang GT

50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50 Deep  Ford pictures for 50 Deep  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
]Dude your a mind reader. On 80 now with another 250 miles to go. We are planning to hit Zion national park too. Heard it had a lot of great landmarks to see. Might steal your idea about 120. Does it add a lot to the trip?

Dont know if it adds time, I'll let you know on Wednesday lol, never made this trip before. I'm driving my '16 GT out there, so hopefully I'll make pretty good time.

Zion national park is on almost every single "Top ten drives in the US" list, so I thought it would be worth the detour on the way back. I've also heard Bryce Canyon is amazing as well. Will you still be there on Wednesday/Thursday? If so I'll buy you a beer, I'd love to check out your GT350 in person.

I'll be doing the 2 day race school on Thursday and Friday

I left the Shelby at home this time. Rolling the commuter out here. Made it in less than 2 tanks of gas! I am rolling out Tuesday, but I wil try not to wreck anything before you get here

Finally in Utah and about to start the reception dinner for the Track Attack

-
 -

--------------------

iceman302
¯
Member # 7180

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for iceman302  Ford pictures for iceman302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ah... I remember my reception dinner before the Boss Track Attack. That was the most fun I've ever had in a car.

--------------------
'65 Mustang Fastback

Posts: 4171 | From: Rancho Murieta | Registered: Oct 2006  |  :
50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

quote:
Originally posted by iceman302:
Ah... I remember my reception dinner before the Boss Track Attack. That was the most fun I've ever had in a car.

I always wanted to be like you when I grew up [Razz]

--------------------

adower
¯
Member # 5955

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for adower  Ford pictures for adower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

Cant wait!

-

quote:
Originally posted by SydeWaySix:
Damn T! That thing is freakin BAD ASS! I thought the original wheels looked good, but damn, those wheels really make the car POP now [worship]

Thanks bro! The wheels definitely changed the personality of the car

Adower when you getting your car?

I wish I could say I was getting another ride sometime soon but it's probably not a reality. I am in the process of house hunting right now. My next car will most likely be something newer though when the time comes. C6 Z06, gtr, gt350. Something along the line of that.

[ 2016-08-01, 05:35 AM: Message edited by: adower ]

--------------------
98 Cobra
Griggs
S Trim
HRE

50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

Today was such a kick ass day. Most fun over ever had in a car. No desire to drag race again. The Track Attack is a must. Now I see why all the Boss 302 guys raved about it.

-

--------------------

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
So sick! Wish I could buy a new GT350 and have a free Track Attack event come with it! Is that your car, the gray one? I thought they're supposed to give you the same color car as you own? In any case, looks fun as hell and I'm glad you have caught the road race bug [Wink] You'll forget all about straight lines once you complete your entire event:dance:

--------------------
2013 Boss 302 #356. Performance White. Stock.
1965 Fastback GT Restored to stock spec.

iceman302
¯
Member # 7180

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for iceman302  Ford pictures for iceman302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Today was such a kick ass day. Most fun over ever had in a car. No desire to drag race again. The Track Attack is a must. Now I see why all the Boss 302 guys raved about it.

-

Hmmm... now where have I heard that second sentence before?

--------------------
'65 Mustang Fastback

50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

Had the opportunity to snatch a couple of rolling shots today with a few friends. I met up with an actual photographer that took some static shots, so I am waiting see how those turn out. If the quality of those is legit I might have him shoot a video with his drone.

-  -  -  -

--------------------

POWERED BY FORD
¯
Member # 9204

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for POWERED BY FORD  Ford pictures for POWERED BY FORD    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Looks bad ass t! How much do you want for the stock wheels?
50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

quote:
Originally posted by POWERED BY FORD:

Thanks brother. Those bad boys are already gone

--------------------

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

Damn T, you sold the wheels already? That was quick lol!

I was in your area today checking out a car. Not sure if you know "Harold Ford" Dave...his lineup of cars is like no other!
Anyway, I'll be back out there later this week, I'll hit you up [Wink]

--------------------

iceman302
¯
Member # 7180

quote:
Originally posted by SydeWaySix:
quote:
quote:

Damn T, you sold the wheels already? That was quick lol!

I was in your area today checking out a car. Not sure if you know "Harold Ford" Dave...his lineup of cars is like no other!
Anyway, I'll be back out there later this week, I'll hit you up [Wink]

I know "Harrold Ford Dave"... but not very well. Both my Raptor and the Boss were courtesy delivered at Harrold Ford. I also bought my prior '13 Focus ST there.

Dave is a great guy and he has some wicked cars. I'm assuming that you were looking at his PW '12 Boss 302.

--------------------
'65 Mustang Fastback

50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

Well I decided to tackle adding the ZL1 add ons Splitter Guard Washers. These are designed for the ZL1/Z06 cars, but I thought they would work on our car as well and decided to give them a shot. I had given the splitter a couple minor scratches already and want it to last.

Initially I was dreading the install and drilling into the Carbon2Carbon R front splitter. With most DIY projects I expected it to take forever having to measure and mark out places to strategically place the washers, but once the car was up in the air I was pleasantly surprised

I heard the Carbon2Carbon products were a direct copy of the OEM molds, but I was never sure of that. When I got under the car I noticed that the factory locations where the OEM R splitter would normally have riveted washers was still there! These little nubs made it easy to reuse as drill locations for the new washers. The only down side was the kit comes with 15 washers, and you need 17 total to use in all the factory locations. Kudos to Carbon2Carbon for definitely having OEM quality parts.

-

15 minutes later I had the holes drilled and the washers fastened. Hardest part of the whole ordeal was getting the car on and off of the Race Ramps now that the R splitter affects the ground clearance angle.

[  -

I would say the ZL1 addons washers are worth the investment and the countersunk head makes sure your screws don't get jacked if you happen to kiss the pavement. If you order them go through Amazon for cheaper shipping, or call them direct to try and order the extra needed washers.

--------------------

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Terrence, I saw your post on TMO regarding these. Won't these get knocked off if you end up bottoming out your splitter and scrape regardless? What would really be bad is if these "protectors" get caught on something and end up tearing a hole or cracking your CF splitter. Hopefully that won't happen, but something to consider.

--------------------

50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

The conical shape hopefully will prevent from them getting caught. The OEM splitters come with a round washer riveted in for the same reason. If they contact the ground the thought is they will ground down and slide across the pavement

--------------------

50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

One of my new favorite pictures. Played around with isolating the red and blues

-

--------------------

50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

Alright boys. Here is the full photoshoot from yesterday. Or at lest all that i am willing to edit at the moment. Please leave feedback on some editing tips or things yay see that are good/bad. Planning to keep this up and shoot some other cars as well. I played with different effects on the camera and iPhoto. Still need to learn the camera for sure. Shot with a Nikon D3300

Feel free to edit a photo and repost with what changes you would recommend.

-  -
 -
 -  -
 -  -
 -  -
 -

--------------------

50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

I met up with VoodooBoss after cars and coffee for a few quick pictures. We got kicked out by security and my son was getting tired. I call these the moment when two wild predators meet in the wild for the first time, but decide to go hunt together.

-
 -
 -

--------------------

adower
¯
Member # 5955

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for adower  Ford pictures for adower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Does he have a r or just the wing?

--------------------
98 Cobra
Griggs
S Trim
HRE

50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

quote:
Originally posted by adower:
Does he have a r or just the wing?

He has a 350 with all the Carbon fiber R bits and same replica wheels

--------------------

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Nice pics, T! Both cars look great! Are Rick's wheels black or the same gunmetal color as yours? I'd love to see what those wheels look like on a Boss. It seems that most guys who swap the stock Boss wheels go with Forgestars, so I wouldn't even touch those anymore.

--------------------

9cobra7
¯
Member # 2812

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9cobra7  Ford pictures for 9cobra7    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Absolutely awesome pics!!

Red looks wicked but I think that car in almost any color would kill it ! It just seems to stand out at any angle you take a pick and not many cars can do that.

Keep the pic whoring coming [worship]

--------------------
If you can't walk and chew gum at the same time, don't walk.

Page: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com