Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » The Return of Han Solo (Page 3)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   
Author Topic: The Return of Han Solo
adower
¯
Member # 5955

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for adower  Ford pictures for adower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 50 Deep:
First round of mods came in

-Redline quick lift hood struts
-Craig's custom license plate bracket
-LED interior/exterior light upgrade
-Steeda 35# clutch helper spring

-

Next up is the clear bra, track pack spoiler, Ford Performance oil separators, and R spec wheels....

Wow. What are those r spec wheels going to cost? I thought I heard 8k? The only bad thing is they're carbon fiber but painted black so you can't see it

--------------------
98 Cobra
Griggs
S Trim
HRE

50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50 Deep  Ford pictures for 50 Deep  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by adower:
quote:

Next up is the clear bra, track pack spoiler, Ford Performance oil separators, and R spec wheels....

Wow. What are those r spec wheels going to cost? I thought I heard 8k? The only bad thing is they're carbon fiber but painted black so you can't see it
These wheels are a forged replica of the R wheels. Same specifications as factory, but not CF. The OEM wheels are like 8k [Eek!]

--------------------
Signature Wheel Ford Representative
Email: Terrance@Signaturewheel.com
Instagram: @Signature_Wheel_Mustang
Web: www.SignatureWheel.com

Posts: 6043 | From: sacramento | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
adower
¯
Member # 5955

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for adower  Ford pictures for adower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:

These wheels are a forged replica of the R wheels. Same specifications as factory, but not CF. The OEM wheels are like 8k [Eek!]
Ah I thought you meant those ones. I was gonna say ballin!!

--------------------
98 Cobra
Griggs
S Trim
HRE

BlackDrop50
¯
Member # 1715

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlackDrop50  Ford pictures for BlackDrop50  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The car looks amazing. I'm gonna have to call elk Grove to see if they are doing anymore deals like that
Posts: 1379 | From: 510 East Bay | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
phil a
¯
Member # 6951

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for phil a  Ford pictures for phil a    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Garcia Bend! My folks are 1/4mi from there

Looks great - really like those red pinstripes too

I had no idea those cars put down that much power from the factory

Phil

Posts: 1261 | From: toledo oh | Registered: Jul 2006  |  :
SVT_Brian
¯
Member # 12656

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SVT_Brian  Ford pictures for SVT_Brian    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
very nice, i really like the red pin stripes!

where is the folsom cars and coffee location?

Posts: 194 | From: Folsom, CA | Registered: Dec 2012  |  :
twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for twisted54  Ford pictures for twisted54  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SVTGabe:
very nice, i really like the red pin stripes!

where is the folsom cars and coffee location?

yes, I'd like to check that one out sometime too!!

--------------------
2013 Black on Black 5.0 with Boost N Things - CORN FED 🌽

JohnCM
CAFords OG
Member # 1076

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnCM  Ford pictures for JohnCM    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I haven't been on here in a while
Congrats on the purchase, that is a very nice car sir [patriot]

Posts: 3545 | From: Roseville | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50 Deep  Ford pictures for 50 Deep  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by BlackDrop50:
The car looks amazing. I'm gonna have to call elk Grove to see if they are doing anymore deals like that

PM your info when ready and I will get you in touch with the right person

@JohnCM & Phil a: thanks for the compliments. Garcia bend was always one of my favorite parks as a kid

@SVTGabe / twisted54: Cars/Coffee is at the sports authority lot in Folsom. Real good people there and no knuckle heads ruining the morning

On a side note I got some love from Steeda on their FB

-

--------------------

SVT_Brian
¯
Member # 12656

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SVT_Brian  Ford pictures for SVT_Brian    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
cool, thanks for the info!
Posts: 194 | From: Folsom, CA | Registered: Dec 2012  |  :
iceman302
¯
Member # 7180

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for iceman302  Ford pictures for iceman302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
T, are you going to be at Cars & Coffee this coming Saturday?

--------------------
'65 Mustang Fastback

Posts: 4171 | From: Rancho Murieta | Registered: Oct 2006  |  :
50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

quote:
Originally posted by iceman302:

Yeah I plan on being there. I have to drop the car off Thursday for the clear bra. Should be ready to go Friday afternoon I hope. Also planning to hit cars/coffee on Sunday. You bringing out something special?

I did see those proposed changes for 2017. It will be cool to have all the coolers standard. I hear ford is producing a setup for the tech pack cars based on the track/350R packages. Crazy that they may be getting rid of comp orange also. That color is going to be rare

[ 2016-02-21, 12:29 PM: Message edited by: 50 Deep ]

--------------------

iceman302
¯
Member # 7180

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for iceman302  Ford pictures for iceman302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by iceman302:

Yeah I plan on being there. I have to drop the car off Thursday for the clear bra. Should be ready to go Friday afternoon I hope. Also planning to hit cars/coffee on Sunday. You bringing out something special?

I did see those proposed changes for 2017. It will be cool to have all the coolers standard. I hear ford is producing a setup for the tech pack cars based on the track/350R packages. Crazy that they may be getting rid of comp orange also. That color is going to be rare

Funny. Competition Orange was one of the most common colors on the Boss 302.

I'll just be bringing the STi. I'm heading up to Placerville afterwards to meet a few folks for some fun in the canyons and then lunch.

Looking forward to checking out your GT350.

[ 2016-02-21, 12:39 PM: Message edited by: iceman302 ]

--------------------
'65 Mustang Fastback

Posts: 4171 | From: Rancho Murieta | Registered: Oct 2006  |  :
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Damn T, the modding starts already! Nice brother, the stripes really set off the color combination nicely! What are those clutch springs for? Stiffer pedal feel?

I could only dream about owning a car like that...maybe once the kids are out of school I can buy a lightly used one [Frown]

--------------------
2013 Boss 302 #356. Performance White. Stock.
1965 Fastback GT Restored to stock spec.

50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

Got all the parts on today. Took about 2 hours total. Pretty easy installs with great benefits. Will share some thoughts on each and pics/vids where i have them

Steeda Clutch Helper Spring: Took about 10 minutes to install total. Would have been faster had i done it before. Real straight forward process, but I think our cars have a second helper spring that the normal S550 cars don't have. I couldn't find a picture of it online, but you will see once you get in there. The results of the upgrade are great. I have much better feel for where the clutch engages, and still have the assist with a light clutch pedal. Also no rattle or play in the pedal. I recommend it, would buy it again, and its $10 well spent.

Redline Hood Struts: This install took about 15 minutes total. The little struts hold the hood well and will raise the hood on their own once you are about half way up. Install is super easy and worth the money. would post a picture, but you have all seen them. I sprung for the upgraded set and would buy again.
 -  -  -

Diode Dynamics LED Interior Lights: These little puppies changed the lighting of the interior dramatically. Everything is way bright now and the cool white is awesome. I ended up unscrewing and taking off the sun visor mirror to get at the vanity bulbs. You can spend 15 minutes trying to fish out the little vanity bulbs, then another 10 trying to finesse the new ones in. Or spend 5 minutes unscrewing and popping off the mirror plate to make it much easier. Here are some after pics. This is just LED lighting, no camera flash. I would by again.

-  -  -

Diode Dynamics Reverse Light: I went for the upgraded model. Install took about 15 minutes. Way easier than the video i saw on CJ Pony Parts as they took too many steps. I just unbolted the 2 13mm screws, removed the 6 or so push pins, and removed the 2 larger push pins. The cover drops down in the rear enough for you to easily change the bulb without removing the front two bolts on the cover, or putting the car up in the air. You may have a little tighter space if you have the diff cooler. I would buy it again for sure. Here is a video of the reverse light and an exhaust clip.

https://youtu.be/j3O9wn5H0FU

[VIDEO]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3O9wn5H0FU[/VIDEO]

Diode Dynamics Switchback Turn Signals: These lights were a little expensive but they turned out fantastic. The passenger side was easy enough to change since you can reach down through the opening behind the bumper. Driver side will require removing a few clips on the splash guard and wiggling past one of the coolers. Turn the wheel to the right for more clearance. I opted for amber LED parking lamps from Superbrightleds.com, instead of the cool white Diode offers. You still get the look of a clear housing, but i like having some amber lighting to the front. Here is a video of them operating. I would buy these again as well

https://youtu.be/6PwbNpV0jEI

[VIDEO]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PwbNpV0jEI[/VIDEO]

Next round of mods soon to come

[ 2016-02-23, 06:52 PM: Message edited by: 50 Deep ]

--------------------

Boss 327
¯
Member # 9143

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Boss 327  Ford pictures for Boss 327    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:

What are the specs on the wheels?

--------------------
"You'll never truly understand building engines until you can make power N/A. FI overshadows an engines defficiency." Al Papito

50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

Today was a good day. Got a decent license plate frame to put on the car...
 -

Then I got some pictures from my dealer showing what just came in today..... Shut Yo Mouth!!
 -  -  -

Looks like the Track Pack spoiler to me :ford:

--------------------

Vndcatr
CAFords OG
Member # 2343

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vndcatr  Ford pictures for Vndcatr    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Howd you get your license plate so quick? I thought it normally took 3-6 weeks on new cars.

--------------------
Built 01 cobra
400 rwhp
11.7@117mph , 1.62 60ft

Posts: 1066 | From: Sacramento,Ca | Registered: Jan 2003  |  :
50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

quote:
Originally posted by Vndcatr:
Howd you get your license plate so quick? I thought it normally took 3-6 weeks on new cars.

DMV required all new car dealers to start processing their new vehicle report of sales on their own. Either in house, or through a registration service. Cuts down on the time frame buyers have to wait for plates drastically

I had the personalized plates from my 73 Celica I built and sold last year.

--------------------

Vndcatr
CAFords OG
Member # 2343

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vndcatr  Ford pictures for Vndcatr    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Vndcatr:

DMV required all new car dealers to start processing their new vehicle report of sales on their own. Either in house, or through a registration service. Cuts down on the time frame buyers have to wait for plates drastically

I had the personalized plates from my 73 Celica I built and sold last year.

thats legit ..didnt know that!

But wait, you built a 73 celica..On purpose?..lol sorry

--------------------
Built 01 cobra
400 rwhp
11.7@117mph , 1.62 60ft

Posts: 1066 | From: Sacramento,Ca | Registered: Jan 2003  |  :
50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

Got the car back from Elk Grove Ford. They took care of all the rock chips and the paint booger on the hood no questions asked, or cost to me. Really glad I bought the car there.

Genesis tint in Elk Grove sent me a few pics of the progress for the clear bra install. Can't wait to pick it up in the morning!!
 -
 -
 -

In other news my Fathers Day gift from last year finally arrived. Looking forward to hear helping with he first oil change when I hit 500 miles.

-

Took this as a little momento the other day. And yes, the gas light comes on at a quarter tank. That gas guzzler tax is there for a reason

-

--------------------

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Damn, this is one of the only threads I read on the site and it makes me want one more and more!!! Such a bad ass ride! When do you plan to take it to the track? And by track I mean one with curves [Wink]

--------------------
2013 Boss 302 #356. Performance White. Stock.
1965 Fastback GT Restored to stock spec.

SIC9250
¯
Member # 8216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SIC9250  Ford pictures for SIC9250    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Father's Day gift? Congrats had no idea T... Oh and btw the car is bad as F [burnout]

--------------------
Coyote_Mach1

Posts: 6959 | From: in the drivers seat. | Registered: Feb 2008  |  :
Built88LX
¯
Member # 10758

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Built88LX  Ford pictures for Built88LX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
That's a sick ride bro [patriot] [patriot]
Posts: 2390 | From: $acramento | Registered: Mar 2011  |  :
50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

quote:
Originally posted by SydeWaySix:
Damn, this is one of the only threads I read on the site and it makes me want one more and more!!! Such a bad ass ride! When do you plan to take it to the track? And by track I mean one with curves [Wink]

Thanks Ian. I am planning to go to the track attack program Ford has for the owners of these vehicles. Once I get that under my belt I will start taking her out to some events

@Sic9250: Thanks for the well wishes man. Hope everything is good with you and yours.

@Built88LX: Appreciate the kind words man!

Got the car back from the clear bra install at Genesis. Came out real seamless. I had them wrap the car from the A-pillar forward, edges of the doors, and a little something extra on the mirrors. Came out to about 1800 total, but now i do not hesitate on driving the car. The clear bra really made the stripes POP!! If you are in the greater sacrament area I would recommend them.

-
 -

Then I took the car out to Euro Sunday. I had the only one out there and it was a hit. Wish I could have taken the afternoon drive, but had to get back to some family stuff. Had the chance to meet up with one of the guys who organizes the Hooked on Driving events. Looking forward to getting out with that group. Here are few pics from that event.

-
 -
 -
 -  -  -  -  -

--------------------

Page: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com