Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » I CONVERTED to the DARKSIDE... pics inside (Page 9)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  14  15  16   
Author Topic: I CONVERTED to the DARKSIDE... pics inside
warhorse58gt
¯
Member # 7702

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for warhorse58gt  Ford pictures for warhorse58gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SF Coupe:
quote:
Originally posted by warhorse58gt:
quote:
Originally posted by Robb:
quote:
Originally posted by Cobra 93-4992:
Robb regardless of everybody's opinion on foxes and vettes and whatever else cars are out there the fact remains the only thing fast at your house is your cock grabber typing all these words on a FORD website. [patriot]

So? Go on SVTP and see all the Corvette/import/Camaro owners on there getting along peacefully. Thats how a car forum should be. Funny i see more CAFord members over there then on CAFords itself.

All the Henry Ford dick riding fanboys on here cant grasp the fact there are better cars out there but wont admit how good they are because they dont have a little blue oval on the car. Is the Ford CEO holding a gun your head?

You truly are a retarded dumb ass. You got such a hard on for ls based trash, yet call others sheep. You are the cobraracer of fox bodies world. Any time anything gets brought up about one. You go all fucking retarded troll. You have no clue what you are talking about. Saying shit like foxes can't turn corners? Just talking out of your ass. I build/ mod more ls based cars than you have driven. Shit I bet you were still getting your ass whipped by your mom, when I bought my fox. You are the closed minded idiot, you are talking about. Hell I got a 72 Demon, I'm doing a 5.7 hemi swap. I know there are other cars in the world. But not 1 of them has the aftermarket of a fox. You can buy a bare shell and build a fox to do anything you want it to do. Every class of racing damn near has a fox body racing in it. Drag, circle track, road racing, Bonneville, car shows, all have fox bodies. Again only a fucking retarded ls cock sucking nut hugger can't see the up side of a fox, or makes stupid claims of foxes can't turn corners. [patriot] Get your vette, I got a little 4 cyl tubro capri that will drag it around the corners... O wait... You don't have shit but a focus.. [Frown]
Foxes can be made to turn corners, but driver for driver they will never handle the same way as a C5 or newer vette does. You may have a lot of motor knowledge and drag racing knowledge but until you've actually road raced on a real race track you need to put the crack pipe down before commenting on how foxes and other ancient cars from the 70s can "drag corners".
Ancient car from the 70's? You might want to put that crack pipe down.. I didn't say anything about 70's car. I said, "Get your vette, I got a little 4 cyl tubro capri that will drag it around the corners" So my 83 capri only needs to be faster than his vette.. My skills and car vs. his.. I didn't not imply I, or my car, could beat any one but him.

You know as well as I know. You can make a fox car handle as well as a "stock" zo6. With very little fan fair. Just costs money. What you don't get with the fox. Is traction control, abs, air bags.. Some people like to drive cars. Some people like to ride in them.

Never did I bad mouth op's car in any way. I believe this is what I said, "Op. Glad you spent your money on something you enjoy." [burnout]

--------------------
WOLFPACK RACING

With guns, we are 'citizens'. Without them, we are 'subjects'.

83gt 354ci sbf 9.40 @ 143
77 cobra 2 171ci 97hp of pure fury!

Robb
¯
Member # 9444

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robb  Ford pictures for Robb    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Do you still have it? Ill invite you out to race me at an auto x event in October when i finish my build. Down?
Posts: 2467 | From: Sacramento,CA | Registered: Sep 2009  |  :
1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Do you still have it? Ill invite you out to race me at an auto x event in October when i finish my build. Down?

I'm down LMK.

--------------------
http://i.magaimg.net/img/257w.png

Robb
¯
Member # 9444

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robb  Ford pictures for Robb    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Robb regardless of everybody's opinion on foxes and vettes and whatever else cars are out there the fact remains the only thing fast at your house is your cock grabber typing all these words on a FORD website. [patriot]

So? Go on SVTP and see all the Corvette/import/Camaro owners on there getting along peacefully. Thats how a car forum should be. Funny i see more CAFord members over there then on CAFords itself.

All the Henry Ford dick riding fanboys on here cant grasp the fact there are better cars out there but wont admit how good they are because they dont have a little blue oval on the car. Is the Ford CEO holding a gun your head?

You truly are a retarded dumb ass. You got such a hard on for ls based trash, yet call others sheep. You are the cobraracer of fox bodies world. Any time anything gets brought up about one. You go all fucking retarded troll. You have no clue what you are talking about. Saying shit like foxes can't turn corners? Just talking out of your ass. I build/ mod more ls based cars than you have driven. Shit I bet you were still getting your ass whipped by your mom, when I bought my fox. You are the closed minded idiot, you are talking about. Hell I got a 72 Demon, I'm doing a 5.7 hemi swap. I know there are other cars in the world. But not 1 of them has the aftermarket of a fox. You can buy a bare shell and build a fox to do anything you want it to do. Every class of racing damn near has a fox body racing in it. Drag, circle track, road racing, Bonneville, car shows, all have fox bodies. Again only a fucking retarded ls cock sucking nut hugger can't see the up side of a fox, or makes stupid claims of foxes can't turn corners. [patriot] Get your vette, I got a little 4 cyl tubro capri that will drag it around the corners... O wait... You don't have shit but a focus.. [Frown]
Foxes can be made to turn corners, but driver for driver they will never handle the same way as a C5 or newer vette does. You may have a lot of motor knowledge and drag racing knowledge but until you've actually road raced on a real race track you need to put the crack pipe down before commenting on how foxes and other ancient cars from the 70s can "drag corners".
Ancient car from the 70's? You might want to put that crack pipe down.. I didn't say anything about 70's car. I said, "Get your vette, I got a little 4 cyl tubro capri that will drag it around the corners" So my 83 capri only needs to be faster than his vette.. My skills and car vs. his.. I didn't not imply I, or my car, could beat any one but him.

You know as well as I know. You can make a fox car handle as well as a "stock" zo6. With very little fan fair. Just costs money. What you don't get with the fox. Is traction control, abs, air bags.. Some people like to drive cars. Some people like to ride in them.

Never did I bad mouth op's car in any way. I believe this is what I said, "Op. Glad you spent your money on something you enjoy." [burnout]

All this is talk about how you can mod a fox to beat a stock corvette. What about playing on equal ground and mod the corvette? FACT, The Corvette chassis is light years ahead of the fox platform. While the Fox platform is maxed out, The Corvette is just getting started.
Robb
¯
Member # 9444

quote:
quote:

I'm down LMK.
Sounds good. Im always down to have alittle fun.
ArchersGT
¯
Member # 5177

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ArchersGT  Ford pictures for ArchersGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Awful lot of foxbody haters here for being a ford forum.

Corvette owners are the ones with their heads up their asses. What other car can you see on the freeway and be 80% sure the d-bag behind the wheel has a matching corvette jacket. At the very least some lame hat. Please. What kind of fan boy shit is that?

--------------------
86' LX Vert

1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Arch:

Corvette owners are the ones with their heads up their asses. What other car can you see on the freeway and be 80% sure the d-bag behind the wheel has a matching corvette jacket. At the very least some lame hat. Please. What kind of fan boy shit is that?

Don't forget the driving gloves, LOL.

--------------------

ArchersGT
¯
Member # 5177

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ArchersGT  Ford pictures for ArchersGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

All this is talk about how you can mod a fox to beat a stock corvette. What about playing on equal ground and mod the corvette? FACT, The Corvette chassis is light years ahead of the fox platform. While the Fox platform is maxed out, The Corvette is just getting started.
How is that level ground? The fox can be heavily modded and still sit at a lower price tag.

--------------------
86' LX Vert

Robb
¯
Member # 9444

quote:

Gotta point there, Lol. Thats why i cant stand most Corvette owners. They dont even acknowledge other cars on the road unless its a Corvette. You get looked down upon in the Corvette community if you mod your car or have black wheels.
ArchersGT
¯
Member # 5177

quote:
quote:

Gotta point there, Lol. Thats why i cant stand most Corvette owners. They dont even acknowledge other cars on the road unless its a Corvette. You get looked down upon in the Corvette community if you mod your car or have black wheels.
Exactly. So I'm not too welcoming of some d-bag coming onto the forum to tell us how his vette is better in every way. Now that all you have is a Dodge Stratus and a Corvette, why are you here, OP? I think your in sac. Can't wait till the day my 86' vert drags your ass out here.

--------------------
86' LX Vert

warhorse58gt
¯
Member # 7702

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for warhorse58gt  Ford pictures for warhorse58gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Robb we are. You got 30+ years of tech on most stock foxes. So you equal up that tech with after market. Simple.

I'm a little rusty on my road race lingo. Should I have said, "drag thou" and not "drag around"?

--------------------
WOLFPACK RACING

Robb
¯
Member # 9444

Since we are on the Miata talk alittle bit,

http://sacramento.craigslist.org/cto/3993189012.html

Damn that would be a fun little car.

warhorse58gt
¯
Member # 7702

dp.....

[ 2013-08-15, 01:20 PM: Message edited by: warhorse58gt ]

--------------------
WOLFPACK RACING

FRC_Kid
¯
Member # 8940

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FRC_Kid  Ford pictures for FRC_Kid    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by NEIGHT:
quote:
Originally posted by cali95gt:
quote:
Originally posted by NEIGHT:
Be honest if your car was finished, tuned and all, would have you still chose the vette over it?

If it was finished tuned and all I wouldn't have bought a corvette. I don't have time for two hobby cars. I tend to diversify my funds. How about you be honest and answer my previous question referring to your 2010 V6?????????? I don't understand why you guys can't appreciate anything besides a foxbody. Since y'all are big ballers and all you should be in to a bunch of other cars as well
I'm confused? What question? And I don't own a V6 anything. And yes I CAN appreciate many cars vettes aren't all that bad I just personally would NEVER own one they're way too hyped up(which is why I hate on them/people who jock them). Now camaros can suck a dick except for '69 kuz I would like to own one yes LSX powered but I rather have a '65 fastback coyote powered, get what I'm saying? Oh and I hope one day to own a '70 Datsun 510 with a SBF and a nice fat shot. Also if you seen my driveway every car there is a chevy except for 3 foxes, BMW, altima and a harley. I prefer a suburban over any ford SUV. Do I seem like a hater now? No it's just personal preference....
I'm talking about how you said you could get a simple loan to get one. I then asked what happened to the 2011 you owned for the short amount of time?? You had one in your sig at one point. I've never seen your driveway or care to. You must be a baller tho. You own 3 foxes, BMW, Nissan, Harley, and countless other Chevys. Any of the foxes built enough to compete with a shitty corvette? Or are you just another person talking out there ass about how a modded fox ill run circles around a stock vette..... Yes that's true but only say it If you own one or have the means to have one. Otherwise you are just blowing smoke

--------------------
Pretend Racecar Driver- C5 FRC

Ford, GM, & Dodge is what I'm all about

Posts: 2578 | From: All over the Peninsula | Registered: Feb 2009  |  :
Saleen 00-768
¯
Member # 9379

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Saleen 00-768  Ford pictures for Saleen 00-768    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:

+1 I was building mopars before I had my foxbody
RED@7kVERT *8850GT*
¯
Member # 5909

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RED@7kVERT *8850GT*  Ford pictures for RED@7kVERT *8850GT*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
<----- D-bag corvette driver

every time I get in my car I have my starched CC jacket and isotoners ready for action. I also tq my lugs to 88.21ft lbs, and make sure I have 30lbs of nitrogen in my tires.

--------------------
02 Z06-11.0 @ 132 1.9 60'
_ _ _ _ _ ____ _ _ _ _ _
Sold:05 CTS-V-13.1@114
Sold:01 Cobra Vert-12.0@119

Saleen 00-768
¯
Member # 9379

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Saleen 00-768  Ford pictures for Saleen 00-768    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

cars from the 70's cant take corners did I read that right?

-

-

[ 2013-08-15, 02:21 PM: Message edited by: sneakyfox90 ]

--------------------
'00 Saleen SC #768
'90 GT
'90 California Edition (sold)
'87 Saleen #264 (sold)

Blue92
¯
Member # 8789

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue92  Ford pictures for Blue92    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
You must be a baller tho. You own 3 foxes, BMW, Nissan, Harley, and countless other Chevys.

17 families in one house. [Razz]

[ 2013-08-15, 02:30 PM: Message edited by: Blue92 ]

FRC_Kid
¯
Member # 8940

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FRC_Kid  Ford pictures for FRC_Kid    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:

Exactly. So I'm not too welcoming of some d-bag coming onto the forum to tell us how his vette is better in every way. Now that all you have is a Dodge Stratus and a Corvette, why are you here, OP? I think your in sac. Can't wait till the day my 86' vert drags your ass out here.
I'm far from a D-Bag but I will admit I'm an asshole... Especially to people on the Internet who think they know me but don't. No I'm not in Sacramento. I'm on the SF Peninsula. I don't own any Corvette clothing. I find that crap tacky. I'm not a heavy drag racer. We don't have a local track down here in the bay. I'm also as humble as they come bro. A few members here will vouch for me. So enjoy your convertible foxbody in dry ass Sacramento buddy.

--------------------

1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

The bay area doesnt have a track? I was just down there yesterday and there seems to be the one at Sonoma which unless it was destroyed by an earthquake since yesterday, should be there.

-

-

--------------------

ArchersGT
¯
Member # 5177

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

I'm far from a D-Bag but I will admit I'm an asshole... Especially to people on the Internet who think they know me but don't. No I'm not in Sacramento. I'm on the SF Peninsula. I don't own any Corvette clothing. I find that crap tacky. I'm not a heavy drag racer. We don't have a local track down here in the bay. I'm also as humble as they come bro. A few members here will vouch for me. So enjoy your convertible foxbody in dry ass Sacramento buddy.
I spend a lot of my time in Sonoma County too. Much nicer than the Peninsula. Can leave the top down when I go in a store. [Wink]

--------------------
86' LX Vert

ArchersGT
¯
Member # 5177

quote:
The bay area doesnt have a track? I was just down there yesterday and there seems to be the one at Sonoma which unless it was destroyed by an earthquake since yesterday, should be there.

-

-

Yup. Only one I've even been to. Still haven't even seen the one here in Sac.

--------------------
86' LX Vert

FRC_Kid
¯
Member # 8940

People from the bay don't consider Sonoma part of the Bay Area sorry. In regards to Sonoma being nicer than the peninsula, you are somewhat right. Depends on the area you live in on the peninsula.

[ 2013-08-15, 04:47 PM: Message edited by: cali95gt ]

--------------------

Saleen 00-768
¯
Member # 9379

quote:
People from the bag don't consider Sonoma part of the Bay Area sorry. In regards to Sonoma being nicer than the peninsula, you are somewhat right. Depends on the area you live in on the peninsula.

well if you live in the bay area, Infineon is your local track

--------------------
'00 Saleen SC #768
'90 GT
'90 California Edition (sold)
'87 Saleen #264 (sold)

Greasy
¯
Member # 5258

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greasy  Ford pictures for Greasy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by phil a:
quote:
Originally posted by Greasy:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by phil a:
The irony here is that the only guys staying level-headed and not resorting to insults/name-calling/etc are the pro-vette guys. I'm not on cafords all that often, so i don't know if there are any butt-hurt back stories here - maybe that's the issue.

OP - congrats on the purchase. It's amazing that these cars are out there for 'affordable' pricing when they make, what, 350hp, handle great out-of-the-box, and get 25-30mpg on the freeway? And, apparently irritate Ford/foxbody owners to the point where, if you buy one, you are suddenly 'gay'.

I know right, Lol. The fox fanboys are so mad right now.
Yup, so mad. I wish I could get a badass Focus and Miata
How does a guy who is able to buy a new Shelby even take bait like this? God knows you're one of the ones I was referring to when I mentioned "irritated Ford/foxbody owners." Congrats on your car - it's beautiful - but I guess I'm just a little confused why you're so threatened when someone's opinion differs from yours.....??
Thank you Phil, I love the car, definitely 100X better than my Fox. I'm a die hard Mustang guy and get a little defensive when people come on a Ford website and talk trash about them. If he wanted everyone to compliment him and agree Mustangs are "garbage" then he should have posted on a Corvette forum or something alike.

--------------------
'93 Cobra-Coyote Powered
'03 DSG Cobra
'13 Dodge Cummins
'14 Rubicon X

Posts: 3272 | From: North Dallas | Registered: Jan 2005  |  :

Page: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  14  15  16   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com