Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » I CONVERTED to the DARKSIDE... pics inside (Page 6)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  ...  14  15  16   
Author Topic: I CONVERTED to the DARKSIDE... pics inside
moeofit32
¯
Member # 10393

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for moeofit32  Ford pictures for moeofit32    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i dont know much but i remember someone posting a video of a fox taking the win in a course with super exotics n shit but yea i ride a POS vert so dont mind me lol

--------------------
95 stroked and blown cobra

Posts: 2387 | From: antioch ca | Registered: Oct 2010  |  :
Saleen 00-768
¯
Member # 9379

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Saleen 00-768  Ford pictures for Saleen 00-768    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Robb:
quote:
Originally posted by sneakyfox90:
my fox will hang with a stock zo6 SUPERCAR all day in the twisties

Ok paper racer!
says the guy driving a focus, id love to show you myself instead of showing you a video.

--------------------
'00 Saleen SC #768
'90 GT
'90 California Edition (sold)
'87 Saleen #264 (sold)

Robb
¯
Member # 9444

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robb  Ford pictures for Robb    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:

Ok paper racer!
says the guy driving a focus, id love to show you myself instead of showing you a video.
How much is your fox worth? 6-7k maybe on a good day? Maybe i should sell my Focus and go buy 3 saleen foxes so i can have an opinion!
Posts: 2467 | From: Sacramento,CA | Registered: Sep 2009  |  :
Saleen 00-768
¯
Member # 9379

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Saleen 00-768  Ford pictures for Saleen 00-768    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ride shotgun in one of your buddys zo6 a film my talights as I leave you

--------------------
'00 Saleen SC #768
'90 GT
'87 Saleen #264 (sold)

Saleen 00-768
¯
Member # 9379

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Ok paper racer!
How much is your fox worth? 6-7k maybe on a good day? Maybe i should sell my Focus and go buy 3 saleen foxes so i can have an opinion!
that's about what I got in my suspension

--------------------
'00 Saleen SC #768
'90 GT
'87 Saleen #264 (sold)

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Robb and Sneakyfoxx....what tracks have you guys gone to and what cars do you guys bring out? I was going to the track religiously for the past 3 years (until I sold my car this year) and NEVER ONCE knew you guys were there or even knew you guys were into road racing. I know there are a certain few Cafords members who were there, but not you guys. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I'll answer some of your debates from first hand experience:

-YES, there are foxbodies out on the track. Actually, there are A LOT of them, depending on what club you run with. Ever heard of American Iron or CMC???

-YES, C5/C6 Z06 corvettes are faster than your average mustang on a road course. But I will tell you that a highly modified mustang vs. a essentially stock corvette with equivalent drivers can be a close race. I've had my fair share of passing and getting passed by vettes on the track.

-YES, mustangs are cheaper and probably with the cost of a full suspension setup may still be cheaper than a stock Z06. Now, $10k into a $5k mustang = $15k...you can get a clean stock C5 for that price. Not sure which one you'd prefer, but I'd rather have the fully prepped mustang.

All in all, I think the OP made a good decision. Mustangs are a dime a dozen. For a fast and comfy DD I'd definitely go for a vette too! For a track toy to beat up on, best bang for your buck (in my opinion) would be a nicely setup Mustang with MM/GR40 components.

--------------------
2013 Boss 302 #356. Performance White. Stock.
1965 Fastback GT Restored to stock spec.

Saleen 00-768
¯
Member # 9379

quote:
Originally posted by SydeWaySix:
Robb and Sneakyfoxx....what tracks have you guys gone to and what cars do you guys bring out? I was going to the track religiously for the past 3 years (until I sold my car this year) and NEVER ONCE knew you guys were there or even knew you guys were into road racing. I know there are a certain few Cafords members who were there, but not you guys. Correct me if I'm wrong.

-YES, there are foxbodies out on the track. Actually, there are A LOT of them, depending on what club you run with. Ever heard of American Iron or CMC???

-YES, C5/C6 Z06 corvettes are faster than your average mustang on a road course. But I will tell you that a highly modified mustang vs. a essentially stock corvette with equivalent drivers can be a close race. I've had my fair share of passing and getting passed by vettes on the track.

-YES, mustangs are cheaper and probably with the cost of a full suspension setup may still be cheaper than a stock Z06. Now, $10k into a $5k mustang = $15k...you can get a clean stock C5 for that price. Not sure which one you'd prefer, but I'd rather have the fully prepped mustang.

All in all, I think the OP made a good decision. Mustangs are a dime a dozen. For a fast and comfy DD I'd definitely go for a vette too! For a track toy to beat up on, best bang for your buck (in my opinion) would be a nicely setup Mustang with MM/GR40 components.

I dont track my fox and I never said I did, its a dd that is fully built.

--------------------
'00 Saleen SC #768
'90 GT
'87 Saleen #264 (sold)

Robb
¯
Member # 9444

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robb  Ford pictures for Robb    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

I've been to Thunderhill 2 times this year. We are out there in 240sx's/Miatas/Mostly imports. My buddy is wrapping up his gutted/race pepped 240SX, While im just starting my miata build.

[ 2013-08-14, 04:11 PM: Message edited by: Robb ]

Robb
¯
Member # 9444

quote:
quote:

So you put $6-7k in suspension mods so you can paper race? LOL
AL STOCK
Its All Stock
Cuzzon
Member # 1852

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AL STOCK  Ford pictures for AL STOCK  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Greasy:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by warhorse58gt:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by NEIGHT:
I'd own a fox over a Z06 ANY DAY. Especially since my gay uncle is really into vettes so is all his gay friends, most of them own one.

Lol, The only people who say that are ones who cant afford a Z06 or a Corvette for that matter. It also seems like youre insecure about your sexuality if you choose to not own a car because someone you know, who is gay, likes them.

But hey, Thanks for the morning laugh. Im sure 95% of the Mustang community will laugh their ass off at that statement. The other 5% are blind sheep.

I am lmao at your nut swinging on lsturds. You seem to be the guy that can't afford one. You really think if I wanted a zo6 I couldn't have one? I would take a fox over a zo6 any day of the week. Well unless the fox is a vert. But what do I know. I spent my 14k mods in a fox I have had for 20 years. And yes you can get a 2004 zo6 with a m6 for that. I know my buddy just picked one up. Super clean car in black. Guess what the first thing he said to me was? "We need to put a cam and a hit on this car.. I'm getting shit on by hci foxes." So you keep dreaming about a ls based turd, you can't afford. I'll keep crushing them on the streets and the tracks. [patriot]

Op. Glad you spent your money on something you enjoy. [burnout]

Considering i just spent $17k on a Ford Focus, I think i can more than enough afford one.

You can mod a Fox to beat a Corvette in a straight line on a quarter mile, Big whoop. Its still going to be an impracticable bucket.

So a Fox couldn't beat a Vette on a road course?
Nope, Youre probably going to link me to a highly modified gutted race car to say otherwise since thats what fox owners do.
Too bad to didnt have a corvette to back up what you say about them. You would get left by my fox in the turns.
Lol. Keep telling yourself that. You Fox fanboys will say anything. Lol. A C6Z06 will slaughter most supercars on the track but according to CAfords, A raggidy ass nose heavy noodle chassis 80s Fox body will beat it.

-

I agree with you.

Even if someone were to post a thread on here switching over to a Ferrari, the comparisons will begin. Folks will start comparing their $500-$4,500 foxbody to it and somehow outperform Ferraris too [Big Grin]

At the end of the day, you are still in a $500-$4,500 Foxbody.

Same goes to Vettes, at the end of the day you are in a $12k-18K or a $40K C6Z06 that some folks beat on lol

It's all personal preference, you want to mob in a Foxbody, more power to you.

You got the $$$ and want something nicer/better/faster STOCK, more power to you.

[patriot]

--------------------
.:: FANATICS ::.

93 Cobra Teal
93 Cobra V Red
90 SSP
SVT Raptor
Huracan Rosso Mars
E63s W213 Selenite Gray
C7Z M7 Daytona Sunrise

Posts: 6498 | From: San Bruno | Registered: Sep 2002  |  :
Robb
¯
Member # 9444

quote:
Originally posted by AL STOCK:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
I'd own a fox over a Z06 ANY DAY. Especially since my gay uncle is really into vettes so is all his gay friends, most of them own one.

Lol, The only people who say that are ones who cant afford a Z06 or a Corvette for that matter. It also seems like youre insecure about your sexuality if you choose to not own a car because someone you know, who is gay, likes them.

But hey, Thanks for the morning laugh. Im sure 95% of the Mustang community will laugh their ass off at that statement. The other 5% are blind sheep.

I am lmao at your nut swinging on lsturds. You seem to be the guy that can't afford one. You really think if I wanted a zo6 I couldn't have one? I would take a fox over a zo6 any day of the week. Well unless the fox is a vert. But what do I know. I spent my 14k mods in a fox I have had for 20 years. And yes you can get a 2004 zo6 with a m6 for that. I know my buddy just picked one up. Super clean car in black. Guess what the first thing he said to me was? "We need to put a cam and a hit on this car.. I'm getting shit on by hci foxes." So you keep dreaming about a ls based turd, you can't afford. I'll keep crushing them on the streets and the tracks. [patriot]

Considering i just spent $17k on a Ford Focus, I think i can more than enough afford one.

You can mod a Fox to beat a Corvette in a straight line on a quarter mile, Big whoop. Its still going to be an impracticable bucket.

Nope, Youre probably going to link me to a highly modified gutted race car to say otherwise since thats what fox owners do.
Too bad to didnt have a corvette to back up what you say about them. You would get left by my fox in the turns.
Lol. Keep telling yourself that. You Fox fanboys will say anything. Lol. A C6Z06 will slaughter most supercars on the track but according to CAfords, A raggidy ass nose heavy noodle chassis 80s Fox body will beat it.

-

I agree with you.

Even if someone were to post a thread on here switching over to a Ferrari, the comparisons will begin. Folks will start comparing their $500-$4,500 foxbody to it and somehow outperform Ferraris too [Big Grin]

Same goes to Vettes, at the end of the day you are in a $12k-18K or a $40K C6Z06 that some folks beat on lol

You got the $$$ and want something nicer/better/faster STOCK, more power to you.

[patriot]

Exactly. I can go rip apart a Pinto and build it so it will hang with a Corvette but at the end of the day, a Pinto is a Pinto and a Corvette is a Corvette.

[ 2013-08-14, 04:19 PM: Message edited by: Robb ]

Saleen 00-768
¯
Member # 9379

quote:
quote:
quote:

So you put $6-7k in suspension mods so you can paper race? LOL
how am I paper racing? im speaking the facts.

good luck with your Miata build

--------------------
'00 Saleen SC #768
'90 GT
'87 Saleen #264 (sold)

Saleen 00-768
¯
Member # 9379

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by AL STOCK:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

-

I agree with you.

[patriot]

Exactly. I can go rip apart a Pinto and build it so it will hang with a Corvette but at the end of the day, a Pinto is a Pinto and a Corvette is a Corvette.
you would be a lot more money into that pinto than a fox that will do it better

--------------------
'00 Saleen SC #768
'90 GT
'87 Saleen #264 (sold)

FRC_Kid
¯
Member # 8940

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FRC_Kid  Ford pictures for FRC_Kid    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Most of you guys bragging about how you could have a foxbody out perform a corvette by simply modding don't even own a "Corvette Killing Foxbody".... For the ones that do, I respect you a lot. For the ones that don't, I don't respect you. Anyone can talk about what they could do and not do it. Vette owners talk smack because we forked over the coin for our crap. "Corvette Killing Foxbody" owners talk crap because they too have forked over the coin in mods.....

You however haven't done a damn thing but bump your gums! Lol. Get your paper up or shut up. They aren't even expensive cars to be honest.

--------------------
Pretend Racecar Driver- C5 FRC

Ford, GM, & Dodge is what I'm all about

Posts: 2578 | From: All over the Peninsula | Registered: Feb 2009  |  :
Greasy
¯
Member # 5258

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greasy  Ford pictures for Greasy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
They aren't expensive when you buy a 13 year old car

--------------------
'93 Cobra-Coyote Powered
'03 DSG Cobra
'13 Dodge Cummins
'14 Rubicon X

Posts: 3272 | From: North Dallas | Registered: Jan 2005  |  :
92_5.0
¯
Member # 7624

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 92_5.0  Ford pictures for 92_5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Fact is, you can tear into anything and make it as fast or faster than the next guy. Pointless argument. POINTLESS! lol.

--------------------
Infineon/Sears point? same difference!
11.8 @ 115 mph @ Sac Raceway
411 rwhp 402 trq (old set up)
540 rwhp 517 rwtrq (new set up)
ET's to come

Rigo5.0
¯
Member # 5247

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rigo5.0  Ford pictures for Rigo5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Funny thread. Nice car OP!

I have both a fox and C5Z... Really cannot compare the two, as they're just not in the same class. Vette is a fun DD, but the fox is cheap fun that I'm not afraid to beat on.

Ok, no more talking. Let's see how a built fox will do vs built Z06 [Wink] -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCTVy1_xCZg

--------------------
91 5.0 [331|T56]
87 Grand National
02 Z06
08 Challenger SRT8
13 Shelby GT500
00 Lightning
14 Camaro SS

Posts: 1454 | From: Kansas City | Registered: Jan 2005  |  :
92_5.0
¯
Member # 7624

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 92_5.0  Ford pictures for 92_5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Rigo5.0:
Funny thread. Nice car OP!

I have both a fox and C5Z... Really cannot compare the two, as they're just not in the same class. Vette is a fun DD, but the fox is cheap fun that I'm not afraid to beat on.

Ok, no more talking. Let's see how a built fox will do vs built Z06 [Wink] -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCTVy1_xCZg

Love this video

--------------------
Infineon/Sears point? same difference!
11.8 @ 115 mph @ Sac Raceway
411 rwhp 402 trq (old set up)
540 rwhp 517 rwtrq (new set up)
ET's to come

FRC_Kid
¯
Member # 8940

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FRC_Kid  Ford pictures for FRC_Kid    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

I know they aren't... I clearly stated that at the end of my previous post...

--------------------

Greasy
¯
Member # 5258

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greasy  Ford pictures for Greasy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by cali95gt:
They aren't even expensive cars to be honest.

quote:

quote:

My buddy bought a C6 Z from my work yesterday for 41K, I guess that isn't expensive.

--------------------
'93 Cobra-Coyote Powered
'03 DSG Cobra
'13 Dodge Cummins
'14 Rubicon X

FRC_Kid
¯
Member # 8940

quote:
quote:

quote:

quote:

My buddy bought a C6 Z from my work yesterday for 41K, I guess that isn't expensive.

I'm referring to a C5!! I guess you forgot this posting was originally started by me and about my new purchase...

--------------------

Greasy
¯
Member # 5258

quote:
quote:
quote:

quote:

quote:

I'm referring to a C5!! I guess you forgot this posting was originally started by me and about my new purchase...
And look where it's at now!

--------------------
'93 Cobra-Coyote Powered
'03 DSG Cobra
'13 Dodge Cummins
'14 Rubicon X

FRC_Kid
¯
Member # 8940

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

quote:

quote:

And look where it's at now!
Yea it's about a whole bunch of BS. Every car has its good points. Obviously you are sticking up for Ford because you just shelled out serious coin for a GT500. This will go no where

--------------------

Greasy
¯
Member # 5258

It's because I'm a die hard Ford guy and have had a Mustang for more than 9 years, nothing will change me. I still love Foxes and always will. Congrats on your purchase.

--------------------
'93 Cobra-Coyote Powered
'03 DSG Cobra
'13 Dodge Cummins
'14 Rubicon X

NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I sit back with this pack of zig zags N this bag of this weed it gives me the shit needed the most meanest MC.

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1986 Hatch- catfish killer
1964 Impala hard top

Posts: 18530 | From: EA$T $IDE REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :

Page: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  ...  14  15  16   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com