Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » !Important information about the FUTURE of CAFords! (Page 5)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   
Author Topic: !Important information about the FUTURE of CAFords!
Mach0ne351
¯
Member # 927

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mach0ne351  Ford pictures for Mach0ne351  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[Roll Eyes]

--------------------
2001 SVT Cobra
SCT Tuned by APEX Motorsports @ 317rwhp/304rwtq
www.32valve.com

Posts: 1182 | From: Marina, CA | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :
hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I think it was a valid question [Frown]

WAIT, does Apex have one of those quarter machines like at Safeway. .25 gets you a plastic bubble with a sticker in each one?

I BET THAT'S IT [Whoo Whooooo!]

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

03SVTPower
CAFords OG
Member # 518

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 03SVTPower  Ford pictures for 03SVTPower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Mach0ne351:
no. your wrong. this is a BUSINESS matter, cause 2 organizations are involved..apex and cafords. this needed to be handle privately with the people in charge of both, not us. this could have been handled a lot more professionally.

If it was so important, why not send the e-mail in letter format and send it certified mail? [Confused]

--------------------
2003 Redfire "AED" Cobra R.I.P

N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 5.0-srt-4:
quote:
Originally posted by DennisG:
"We are only looking inform our members of the situation and get their advice on how to handle it."

Rather than get the advice from teenagers/20 somethings I would consult a lawyer on this matter.

[patriot] [patriot]
agreed 100% there are loopholes and he may have some kind of a case...

I highly doubt he has a case, but I agree with both statements. But it is good to bring this to the members here. And I dont think cafords exists as a entity. Meaning they have a tax id and report earning to the feds. With that being said, caFords is the members. And without the members there would not be a cafords. And it is the members he is complaining about. SO why not bring it to the forefront? It wasnt until now that I get that snake in the grass feeling from both Apex and Machone. Although I do agree with many things you have said about this topic in the past. I firmly believe you attachment to them is more than what you are letting on. You have more than a business stake in this matter.

[ April 04, 2006, 01:12 PM: Message edited by: n8y8 ]

Mach0ne351
¯
Member # 927

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mach0ne351  Ford pictures for Mach0ne351  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
see that's what i mean....you guys THRIVE on drama! just shutup already and stop changing the topic....holy crap! your really showing your intelligence extremely well here amigo. good job! [patriot]

--------------------
2001 SVT Cobra
www.32valve.com

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
just shutup already

Take YOUR OWN advice [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes]

--------------------

98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'
Uncle Frank
Member # 895

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'  Ford pictures for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
and it keeps, going and going and going... i just wished this topic was not shown to the public, and kept very business-like. Mike kept it all business by just contacting the MODS, but then the mods threw it into the public, and made it a personal issue. business is business, and never personal. this became a personal matter once it was thrown into the publics (all of us) eyes...especially when the letter was posted with the name of the person who created it. this just put more fuel on the fire.....bad move to post this thread IMO.

I'm not a mod but he E-mailed for some reason? I don't want to talk to the guy. How is that keeping is personal when he is E-mailing me with [BS flag] excuses I could care less about?????

[ April 04, 2006, 01:10 PM: Message edited by: 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX' ]

--------------------
AKA Franky Freaking 5 liter

Advanced Engine Development
SCT dealer
Dynotuning
Engine building
916*275*8212

88 4runner on 42's

Mach0ne351
¯
Member # 927

quote:
Originally posted by 03SVTPower:
quote:
no. your wrong. this is a BUSINESS matter, cause 2 organizations are involved..apex and cafords. this needed to be handle privately with the people in charge of both, not us. this could have been handled a lot more professionally.

If it was so important, why not send the e-mail in letter format and send it certified mail? [Confused]
i agree. i do. i would do both t be honest. snail-mail and email. official printed/signed documents are always recommended in cases like this....i do agree.

--------------------
2001 SVT Cobra
www.32valve.com

liftedF150
¯
Member # 868

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for liftedF150  Ford pictures for liftedF150    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

If this is a business to business matter then YOU should not be posting on this as well. Mike is your boss just like the Mods are in charge here. We are just backing up OUR mods like like you are trying to back up YOUR boss. I told myself I wasn’t going to post on this but when you come here and try to bash Matt for posting this when it effects over 6k members then I have a problem. This site is ment for fellow car enthusiast to voice their opinions. I have been here over 4 years now and I have heard alot of good and bad things about APEX. It seems like Mike can’t take constructive criticism. I have seen post though were people have gone way overboard before even trying to deal with Apex which was wrong. I’m not going to sit here and ramble, the bottom line is that If a business was run like it should then there wouldn’t be this many complaints on one board.

--------------------
GO SHARKS!

Posts: 3259 | From: Discovery Bay | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :
Mach0ne351
¯
Member # 927

quote:
Originally posted by hidnn.o.s.:
quote:
just shutup already

Take YOUR OWN advice [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes]
see, the difference between your comments and mine, is that im not trying bashing anyone. both sides could have done things differently, but i seriously dont think this topic should have been brought out into the public. i mean LOOK! 7 pages of bs from everyone. haha and im included in that...

[ April 04, 2006, 01:13 PM: Message edited by: Mach0ne351 ]

--------------------
2001 SVT Cobra
www.32valve.com

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The Members here are cafords, without us there wouldn't be a site so bring it to us was the professional way to handle it.

I don't think they need to consult a lawyer the law he quoted has nothing to do with the situation, he was just using a scare tactic probably didn't think the mods would read much into it and agree to what he wanted. There are no loop holes in that law, they didn't make that law to protect companies on the internet.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

quote:
both sides could have done things differently, but i seriously dont think this topic should have been brought out into the public. i mean LOOK! 7 pages of bs from everyone. haha and im included in that...

Look 30th response by you SAYING THE SAME THING [Roll Eyes]

It's been said, NOW LEAVE [burnout]

--------------------

Mach0ne351
¯
Member # 927

quote:
Originally posted by boostin1.8:
quote:

If this is a business to business matter then YOU should not be posting on this as well. Mike is your boss just like the Mods are in charge here. We are just backing up OUR mods like like you are trying to back up YOUR boss. I told myself I wasn’t going to post on this but when you come here and try to bash Matt for posting this when it effects over 6k members then I have a problem. This site is ment for fellow car enthusiast to voice their opinions. I have been here over 4 years now and I have heard alot of good and bad things about APEX. It seems like Mike can’t take constructive criticism. I have seen post though were people have gone way overboard before even trying to deal with Apex which was wrong. I’m not going to sit here and ramble, the bottom line is that If a business was run like it should then there wouldn’t be this many complaints on one board.
mike is my boss? where did you hear that? haha mike cant pay my enough...sorry [Smile] 6k members post? sure!!! comon now! i would say probably 1/6 of those actually still post...if that. and ive been hear as long as you have bro....ive seen ups and down for the name of apex too...nothing new to me. it just gets old for both side. i see where both you guys and apex are coming from. im in nuteral water. both sides could have avoided a lot of this....but that's life.

--------------------
2001 SVT Cobra
www.32valve.com

N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hell why not bring this to the members? Without the 6k people here, there would be no cafords. Shit I would have done the same. Especially when threatened. Who knows there may be a lawyer or 2 out of this 6k, that would love to snatch the rug from under Apex. And he didnt even bring it out in a bad light. MachOne I swear it seems like they have more on you than "I just get my car worked on there". Are you related to them or something? I agree on many points with you. But you really arent bringing anything to the table to stop this. In fact you are almost egging it on with your sly remarks.

In the end I think Apex just royally screwed themselves. The word-of-mouth will have a resounding effect on his business. What next will he try to sue each individual for telling people not to go there? I think someone who has had work done there should get the BBB on them. And call the news and maybe 7 on your side will bust them out. I really think this dude has some serious moral and character flaws (and yes I never met him).

[ April 04, 2006, 01:22 PM: Message edited by: n8y8 ]

Mach0ne351
¯
Member # 927

quote:
Originally posted by Cobra5.0Jeep:
The Members here are cafords, without us there wouldn't be a site so bring it to us was the professional way to handle it.

i agree to point, but it really became mostly a bashing fest. does that sound professional?

--------------------
2001 SVT Cobra
www.32valve.com

Jdub07
( O Y O )
Member # 2728

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jdub07  Ford pictures for Jdub07    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
As already stated and what sticks out to me most is Cafords has no way of knowing who has done business with Apex or not. Receipts are not required before posting about a shop or business.

IP addresses "are" required when signing up to become an active member of Cafords, so there is nobody hiding their identity before posting...your web 'identity' is already known before your first post.

I feel sorry for Mike. We all know what it's like to have things out of our control...seeing your name drug through the mud must be frustrating, not being able to do anything about it causes only more frustration.

Cafords can't shut up it's members though. If all negative topics about Apex were locked then all positive topics about Apex should be locked too,... along with ALL topics that pertain to ANY business, shop or other entity.

First amendment issues in court are extremely strict...it would be close to impossible to find a lawyer willing to put their name, firm or reputation on the line for Mikes claim.

Personally I'm sick of the word "APEX" all-together (GOOD OR BAD)! Every time I see another thread with their name in it I rolley eye the computer.

Has Matt posting this issue publicly caused drama? Well...some may say yes and some may say no...Guess we'd have to hire a drama expert to tell us, because who are any of us to decide what is drama and what isn't. Some may say this whole issue is more comedy than drama.

Be your own judge.

One last thing and I'll shut up...As strange as it can seem information learned is always taken more than one way. Something that a company prides themselves on may be the one very thing a customer chooses to go else ware. And same thing as something that is perceived by most as terrible might be that one thing that draws you to make the purchase.

Example: "Damn Gina that 2006 Hyundi is cheap"
"yeah thanks I got a good deal on it and my payments are really low!" "No Gina I mean you get what you pay for,...that car is CHEAP!"

People take information differently. An inexpensive car may seal the deal to someone but for someone else it may turn them away,...thinking that the car must be made badly.

When you read comments on the board...be your OWN JUDGE. I'm sure the majority of us can tell when comments are entirely biased or filled with an honest opinion.

liftedF150
¯
Member # 868

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for liftedF150  Ford pictures for liftedF150    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:

mike is my boss? where did you hear that? haha mike cant pay my enough...sorry [Smile] 6k members post? sure!!! comon now! i would say probably 1/6 of those actually still post...if that. and ive been hear as long as you have bro....ive seen ups and down for the name of apex too...nothing new to me. it just gets old for both side. i see where both you guys and apex are coming from. im in nuteral water. both sides could have avoided a lot of this....but that's life.
I know what you mean, but I dont agree with you saying we shouldnt be notified when something like this is happening. ( thought you worked for APEX for some reason LOL Now I remember that they did work for you)

--------------------
GO SHARKS!

Posts: 3259 | From: Discovery Bay | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :
Mach0ne351
¯
Member # 927

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

I know what you mean, but I dont agree with you saying we shouldnt be notified when something like this is happening. ( thought you worked for APEX for some reason LOL Now I remember that they did work for you)
well we all have our opinions, and that was mine. im not here wanting to fight with anyone, im just hear to give my opinion like everyone else. i just hope this matter can go away smoothly for both. haha ya, i only had a few things done at the shop. i usually do the work myself, but somethings i didnt have time for (wiring, tune, a leak or 2)...just the little stuff these days.

marek

--------------------
2001 SVT Cobra
www.32valve.com

N8
¯
Member # 6048

last thing I am going to say then I quit this.

Case point. I saw someone try to bash JohnB for a hot second. Not only did dozens of people step up and vouch for him but most said hold on man, he'll take care of you. Then what happend? JohnB entered the thread got with the person, squared it away. End of story.

Same thing happened with HaulinAssMaro. dozens of people stepped up. He came in squared it away.

Now why dont the same thing happen for Apex? I'll tell you "You cant pour syrup on shit and make it pancakes". There has to be some truth to it because so many ralley around the screwed person. What you think everyone is wrong that complains? There has to be something wrong with his business practices ....that is my final .02. And suing caFords will not be a remedy.

[ April 04, 2006, 01:29 PM: Message edited by: n8y8 ]

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

quote:
Originally posted by n8y8:
last thing I am going to say then I quit this.

Case point. I saw someone try to bash JohnB for a hot second. Not only did dozens of people step up and vouch for him but most said hold on man, he'll take care of you. Then what happend? JohnB entered the thread got with the person, squared it away. End of story.

Same thing happened with HaulinAssMaro. dozens of people stepped up. He came in squared it away.

Now why dont the same thing happen for Apex? I'll tell you "You cant pour syrup on shit and make it pancakes". There has to be some truth to it because so many ralley around the screwed person. What you think everyone is wrong that complains? There has to be something wrong with his business practices ....that is my final .02. And suing caFords will not be a remedy.

[patriot]

--------------------

Jdub07
( O Y O )
Member # 2728

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jdub07  Ford pictures for Jdub07    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by n8y8:
"You cant pour syrup on shit and make it pancakes".

HAHAHAHAHAHA [Big Grin]
Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
This is a first and foremost a public board. There will always be pissing contests, disagreements, attacks, etc. We come from different walks of life and possess many different opinions. Not everyone on this board is professional, mature, or careful about that they say. Not everyone understands business dynamics and what word of mouth can do to a local business. This is normal, and happens on almost all message forums.

As a son of a business owner, I was always taken back by the fact that Apex even posts here. It reminds me of Granatelli on the corral.net
JR never won over anyone for a second by mixing it up with the board members.

If you are a business owner that bends over backwards, people will notice. If you try to get involved and mix it up in public forums with such a wide variety of people here, you will lose in the long run imho. There are just too many people behind the screen with mixed priorities and goals...

Apex, although the idea of a small business getting involved in a local board seems like a positive way to go, I think there is just too much negative potential and it backfired in a big way.

If you dabble in shit, it will start to stink. Sometimes its best to let things go.

Good luck to everyone and I am interested to see how this pans out. [patriot]

[ April 04, 2006, 01:52 PM: Message edited by: Luke87GT ]

--------------------
Stangless

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
SmokinLX
¯
Member # 1684

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SmokinLX  Ford pictures for SmokinLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
In this situation I think it is pretty obvious that there is a small and loyal following that likes apex and then You have a larger number of people that strongly dislike apex. For those of You that like apex the best thing You can do is let the thread die off on it's own instead of arguing with the masses. No one is going to sway the other side one way or the other, so just let the thread slowly die off. For the record I have not been to the Apex since Bill left so I have no first hand experience or opinion either way on apex. Basically it's a no win situation on this site for apex.

--------------------
Dont claim power if ya cant mile per hour. 10 second AOD

Mach0ne351
¯
Member # 927

quote:
Originally posted by SmokinLX:
In this situation I think it is pretty obvious that there is a small and loyal following that likes apex and then You have a larger number of people that strongly dislike apex. For those of You that like apex the best thing You can do is let the thread die off on it's own instead of arguing with the masses. No one is going to sway the other side one way or the other, so just let the thread slowly die off.

ya, i already said my peace, and im just gonna let it go... [dance]

--------------------
2001 SVT Cobra
www.32valve.com

5.t0es
¯
Member # 5864

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5.t0es  Ford pictures for 5.t0es    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
its a simple fucking matter people...

if apex fucked you, you have every right to fuck them with bad mouthing them period.

if your friends cousins uncle got fucked by apex and you have no exp with them and you bad mouth them and say they do shitty work when you in fact never had work done..are a complete idiot. and are SLANDERING A COMPANY which is illegal.

with that being said if you never had work done there you have no clue what your talking about and if they fucked you and wasted your money fuck them bad mouth them and never return

Page: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com