Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » !Important information about the FUTURE of CAFords! (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   
Author Topic: !Important information about the FUTURE of CAFords!
9COBRA8
CaliforniaFords.com Owner
Member # 6

Ford Icon 2 posted      Profile for 9COBRA8  Ford pictures for 9COBRA8  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hello everyone. As you know, myself and the moderators here donate our spare time, resources and even money if need be to keep CaliforniaFords.com going. CaliforniaFords.com is and always has been a 100% free service for Northern California Ford Owners. It is strictly up kept by our member’s donated resources. We like to think CaliforniaFords.com is a great place to buy/sell Ford parts, give/get tech advice on upgrading or repairing your Ford or find out about local car races and shows.

As you may or may not be aware, a few customers of a particular shop have complained about the shops services and people have questioned the shops ethics on CaliforniaFords.com. We all know this particular shop is owned by an extremely rich and powerful person who owns multiple successful businesses. More than once this individual has tried to muscle CaliforniaFords.com moderators into seeing things his way, weather it has been telling us to delete post or ban users. We have always politely refused his wishes and gave him no special treatment or services because of his financial or political status.

CaliforniaFords.com is simply a neutral medium to exchange automotive information of a local nature. With that said, it looks like we have imminent legal action being taken against us for allowing a certain level of freedom to all parties involved on our forums.

The following email was sent to us:

quote:

I actually want to thank you for IP banning me.. it has saved me alot of time dealing with some of the garbage on Cafords. I also have been alerted by some of our good customers that we are being slammed and slandered unmercilessly on your site by a few users who have NEVER done business with us or met me. Many of these posts are without merit and slanderous. While I am grateful you still allow my employees to post and reply to people I would caution you CAfords is treading on waters you don't really want to get into.

I am not sure if you are aware of a new Federal law which "Prohibits the posting of annoying Web messages or sending annoying e-mail messages without disclosing your true identity" This law was passed last year under the "Violence Against Women and Department of Justice Reauthorization Act." Sec. 113. You can read more abot it right here. It carries a maximum sentence of 2 years in prison
http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/bdquery/z?d109:h.r.03402:

I do believe people have the right to voice their opinions. But not when they do it recklessly like some of your users have. When your users are posting false statements about people or companies then they have gone too far. If you continue to allow your users to slander me and harm my business I will have no choice but to take matters into my own hands. Please call me at XXX/XXX-XXX so we can discuss this matter OR you may reply by email. I expect action or a reply within 24 hours to this matter.

Sincerely,

Mike Mak
Surplus Computers
SurplusComputers.com
Apex Motorsports

(we censored his phone number)

Since CaliforniaFords.com is a service to the community, up kept by donated time and resources of our members, what do you think we should do? Myself and the moderators I’ve spoken to clearly do not want to go to jail. We also don’t want to pay any legal fees and go to court for allowing our members to post both positive and negative reviews about a local shop. Our hands are tied.

We want to warn our members that if you see CaliforniaFords.com shut down in the near future, it will be due to the apparent imminent legal action the individual quoted above is bringing against the people that keep CaliforniaFords.com running.

Please keep your replies civil. I hold the right to lock this post or remove profane replies. We are only looking inform our members of the situation and get their advice on how to handle it.

Posts: 1668 | From: Fremont, CA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  :
StreakMatt
¯
Member # 6257

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for StreakMatt  Ford pictures for StreakMatt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Wow, I've stayed out of all the Apex BS on here but this shit keeps getting deeper.

--------------------
Custom Blue '88 GT: Garage Built= MM&FF January 2012 Cover and Feature. Tuned by Bob Kurgan

Black '03 Cobra: 2.9 Whipple Tuned by Bob Kurgan

Posts: 1198 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
two-gun kid2
¯
Member # 5891

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for two-gun kid2  Ford pictures for two-gun kid2    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
but for him to censor peoples opinions would be trying to take away our freedom of speech. [patriot]
this is hilarious. what a bitch move. so is he going to file a lawsuit against cafords or the individuals that are "recklessly" badmouthing his bussiness.?

Posts: 5566 | From: Hayward,Ca | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
BLK02GT
¯
Member # 5653

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BLK02GT  Ford pictures for BLK02GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
just one word for me:

WOW! [Eek!]

--------------------
2019 Ford Expedition Limited
2002 Ford Mustang GT

Originally Member #4241

Posts: 1247 | From: Tracy, ca | Registered: May 2005  |  :
LuvMy04GT
¯
Member # 4791

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LuvMy04GT  Ford pictures for LuvMy04GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ouch. This may be a hard one to fix. I guess people nowadays take things said about them to heart. I had 6 months probation and 40 hours community service just for a prank call! I hope all goes well.

--------------------
who

Posts: 369 | From: Milpitas, CA | Registered: Aug 2004  |  :
Venomized93
Founding Member
Member # 55

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Venomized93  Ford pictures for Venomized93    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
That's BULLSHIT. Straight up. Don't let him try to scare you. I understand your situation. So in the end it's your decision. But honestly. I've seen SVTPERFORMANCE discussions about companies and thats on a national level. I would speak to some moderators of other boards to see how to handle this siuation. Go to MODULARFORDS.COM and SVTPERFORMANCE.COM, I've seen alot shit talking on those boards and nothing has come about those. It's our right to talk. I personally have not dealt with APEX since the BILL KAISER days. But if someone had a bad experience. They HAVE the RIGHT to voice their opinion.

--------------------
2018 Tesla Model 3 Performance

Posts: 2077 | From: San Francisco, California | Registered: Oct 2000  |  :
SmokinLX
¯
Member # 1684

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SmokinLX  Ford pictures for SmokinLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I believe that You are taking a chance when You try to sollicite buisness on a web site. He took a chance by doing free advertizement on the site and it backfired on Him. I have never been involved in bashing on His buisness and am not trying to start now. JMHO. [patriot]

--------------------
Dont claim power if ya cant mile per hour. 10 second AOD

8HATCH8
¯
Member # 6322

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 8HATCH8  Ford pictures for 8HATCH8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by two-gun kid:
but for him to censor peoples opinions would be trying to take away our freedom of speech. [patriot]
this is hilarious. what a bitch move. so is he going to file a lawsuit against cafords or the individuals that are "recklessly" badmouthing his bussiness.?

It states that nothing is going to be done as of now, But if the bad mouthing continues then there will be legal action taken

[ April 04, 2006, 12:14 AM: Message edited by: 5LiterRiceEater ]

Black 02 SS
¯
Member # 5939

Ford Icon 13 posted      Profile for Black 02 SS  Ford pictures for Black 02 SS    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
WOW! Someone apparently does not take criticism well AT ALL! If he's such a business man then he should know all the factors involved in running one. How does he expect everyone to commonly like the manners in which he conducts business? He needs to grow the EFF up and stop wasting time meandering on all this online bull shit. So what, people have bad opinions and just let others now to forewarn them so they don't go through the same problems they experienced. It would then be up to others to derive their OWN decisions. Now to take it out on the CaFords moderators, although their actions can be questionable at times, is plain utter BULLSHIT! now he really just made himself look...you put your own various words in there. [patriot]

--------------------
Schwinn 18speed

PWR HNGRY 302
¯
Member # 6000

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PWR HNGRY 302  Ford pictures for PWR HNGRY 302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Whoa, thats just... wow thats crazy

--------------------
87 Fox- Restoration in progress
2014 Tacoma DCLB MGM
2017 Prius Prime (The Daily)

Posts: 2655 | From: SF Bay Area | Registered: Sep 2005  |  :
8HATCH8
¯
Member # 6322

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 8HATCH8  Ford pictures for 8HATCH8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[Confused]

[ April 04, 2006, 12:25 AM: Message edited by: 5LiterRiceEater ]

UNTOUCHABLE2
¯
Member # 5889

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for UNTOUCHABLE2  Ford pictures for UNTOUCHABLE2    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
why not talk shit about them without using their name. call them GAYPEX or something. please voice your opinions by all means, just dont attack a buisness by name.
SPEC -Fabrication
¯
Member # 4980

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SPEC -Fabrication  Ford pictures for SPEC -Fabrication    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Not only this buisness has had problems here, These last few months have really gotten outta hand on the abuse of threads ,Moderators should have been locking and deleting these post but would let them go on for Pages [Confused]

--------------------
1999 Saleen#124
1997 Tahoe
2006 ZX636R
CWS certified welder

Posts: 1321 | From: drinkin BEER! | Registered: Oct 2004  |  :
91 5.0 5speed
¯
Member # 1867

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 91 5.0 5speed  Ford pictures for 91 5.0 5speed    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If I understand this correctly It is o.k. to talk about apex if you have a bad experience with them as long as you give your true identity? [Big Grin] every law has loopholes but I think you should ban any and everyone having to do with that shop and be done with them. They can't totally censor someone from giving their opinion, That is a violation of the first amendment.
Mr.Lucky
CAFords OG
Member # 1772

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr.Lucky  Ford pictures for Mr.Lucky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 9COBRA8:

The following email was sent to us:
quote:

This law was passed last year under the "Violence Against Women and Department of Justice Reauthorization Act." Sec. 113. You can read more abot it right here. It carries a maximum sentence of 2 years in prison
http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/bdquery/z?d109:h.r.03402:

(we censored his phone number)
Please keep your replies civil.

[Confused]
(Sec. 113) Amends the Communications Act of 1934 to apply the prohibitions against certain communications in interstate or foreign commerce to communications transmitted by the Internet (i.e., cyberstalking).

OK now ive been on this site for About 3 1/2 years and ive never seen an issue gone this far. During this whole issue ive stayed open minded and drawn no conclusion. EVEN with the statements said, venting etc i still intend on Seeing what kind of work they do and drawing my own conclusion.

For those that have had a bad exp. and it wasnt resolved i believe they have the "RIGHT" to voice their opinion based on personal exp. THats their right to TO SAY what they want. FIRST AMEND. THose who havent personally had an issue need to shut up. I play both sides here.

That said, they wouldnt be bashed over the net if they Would TAKE better care of their customers. Threatening a law suit due to Fouls created on his/his staffs behalf is just [BS flag] .

Like i said before ILL draw my own conclusion AFTER im serviced by there staff. Until then ill hold an open opinion about their work, BUT the threat of the law suit is already possibly making me want to go else where if thats the way He treats others over a protected freedom. I think he's doing more harm threating a law suit. Just my .02 Joe [patriot]

--------------------
95GT: Bolt ons.
Good sellers/buyers: Stangs R Us, 1SicGt, sn4bwc, racsirx, WickedStang, Autumnstang97, cali95gt

NorCalRydaz
¯
Member # 3233

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NorCalRydaz  Ford pictures for NorCalRydaz    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I think that we should not talk about APEX motorsports at all if they just wanna play games. nothing good or bad said about them. that's what I would do.... just my 2 cets
94gt
¯
Member # 3060

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 94gt  Ford pictures for 94gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Here is some info that I found..... Altough, its titled "Violence Against Women and Department of Justice Reauthorization Act of 2005"

On January 5, 2006, President Bush signed into law: H.R. 3402, the "Violence Against Women and Department of Justice Reauthorization Act of 2005," which reauthorizes the Violence Against Women Act for for years 2007-2011, makes amendments to criminal and immigration law, consolidates major law enforcement grant programs and authorizes appropriations for the Department of Justice for for years 2006-2009. According to "TITLE I--ENHANCING JUDICIAL AND LAW ENFORCEMENT TOOLS TO COMBAT VIOLENCE AGAINST WOMEN, Section 113. Preventing Cyberstalking ... Whoever ... utilizes any device or software that can be used to originate telecommunications or other types of communications that are transmitted, in whole or in part, by the Internet ... without disclosing his identity and with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any person ... who receives the communications ... shall be fined under title 18 or imprisoned not more than two years, or both.

So, before talking about anything, lets post our names... [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
2020 Explorer ST
2011 Silver Raptor 'Screw

Posts: 5777 | From: Beavercreek, OH | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
SydeWayzSix
¯
Member # 2222

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWayzSix  Ford pictures for SydeWayzSix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[Eek!] I too never got involved nor really knew what was going on with Apex....but I guess its getting really bad. Whatever decision CaFords moderators decide, I'm all for it [patriot] Just don't take this website waway from us [Frown]

--------------------
1989 Notchback "SF Giants" edition...
Goodbye '00 Kawi ZX-6R...you will be missed dearly.

....on with the show! :)

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
From what i read about that law it doesn't sound like he has a case, that law is more for people who stalk or spam other people and keep their identity a secret. I am sure this site records IP addresses and you can find phone numbers and names of almost all the members on here.
Also those posts were peoples opinions, they weren't sending them to APEX to annoy them, they were telling other people not to go there.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

two-gun kid2
¯
Member # 5891

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for two-gun kid2  Ford pictures for two-gun kid2    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB

[ April 04, 2006, 12:51 AM: Message edited by: two-gun kid ]

94gt
¯
Member # 3060

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 94gt  Ford pictures for 94gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Cobra5.0Jeep:
From what i read about that law it doesn't sound like he has a case, that law is more for people who stalk or spam other people and keep their identity a secret. I am sure this site records IP addresses and you can find phone numbers and names of almost all the members on here.
Also those posts were peoples opinions, they weren't sending them to APEX to annoy them, they were telling other people not to go there.

Exactly... its a law to help prevent cyber-stalking of WOMEN....

Now, I'm no rocket science... but, if he's worried about sales being hurt, an email like that will only do more harm, and nothing good for his business. In a nutshell, he has just threatened our Mods, and I'm sure everyone of us here will help out in anyway.

--------------------
2020 Explorer ST

two-gun kid2
¯
Member # 5891

quote:
Originally posted by 94gt:
quote:

Now, I'm no rocket science... but, if he's worried about sales being hurt, an email like that will only do more harm, and nothing good for his business. In a nutshell, he has just threatened our Mods, and I'm sure everyone of us here will help out in anyway.

so is he trying to sue cafords or the members that "recklessly" bad mouthed "GAYPEX"
but chris is still cool.

stangless
¯
Member # 1414

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangless  Ford pictures for stangless    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
wow, just wow.. someone should post about this in other forums so people actually see what kinda of human being he is.
I can't help but laugh. i wish i already had my law degree i would love to fight him , free of charge that is, in court.
bottom line, should we be intimidated? i don't think so. i will ask around tomorrow in class to get see if his threats have ground or not.

[ April 04, 2006, 12:50 AM: Message edited by: Jmir018 ]

--------------------
=(

Mr.Lucky
CAFords OG
Member # 1772

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr.Lucky  Ford pictures for Mr.Lucky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

an email like that will only do more harm, and nothing good for his business. In a nutshell, he has just threatened our Mods, and I'm sure everyone of us here will help out in anyway.
Thank U [patriot] exactly what i was saying

--------------------
95GT: Bolt ons.
Good sellers/buyers: Stangs R Us, 1SicGt, sn4bwc, racsirx, WickedStang, Autumnstang97, cali95gt

94gt
¯
Member # 3060

quote:
Originally posted by two-gun kid:
quote:
quote:

so is he trying to sue cafords or the members that "recklessly" bad mouthed "GAYPEX"
but chris is still cool.

From what I read, he is trying to muscle the Mods/owner into closing all bad/negative threads that have anything to do with Apex... by using a House Resolution originally intended to help stop the cyber stalking of women.

--------------------
2020 Explorer ST

Page: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com