Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » !Important information about the FUTURE of CAFords! (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   
Author Topic: !Important information about the FUTURE of CAFords!
StreakMatt
¯
Member # 6257

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for StreakMatt  Ford pictures for StreakMatt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
So what does he think this is going to do for his business?? I guess he thinks that even if its bad publicity, its still publicity.

--------------------
Custom Blue '88 GT: Garage Built= MM&FF January 2012 Cover and Feature. Tuned by Bob Kurgan

Black '03 Cobra: 2.9 Whipple Tuned by Bob Kurgan

Posts: 1198 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
87GeeTee
¯
Member # 5905

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 87GeeTee  Ford pictures for 87GeeTee    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Too bad there is nothing we (members) can do about it. I'd like to see this Personally, I wouldn't slander them. And I know people have their own opinion. But, isn't he taking this too far? [Embarrassed]

Why can't we all just get along? [Frown] [Frown]

--------------------
Member #: 5145
PWA Owner & SRA Member
Two-Gun Motorsports

2002 GT; Gone But Not Forgotten
1987 GT Vert (Sold!)

Posts: 4278 | From: San Pablo | Registered: Aug 2005  |  :
Venomized93
Founding Member
Member # 55

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Venomized93  Ford pictures for Venomized93    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I was just reading a little about the SLANDER and LIBEL laws. The website (which is CAFORDS) would be sent a CEASE and DESIST letter (which he posted already). Which is the first thing a business owner does. In the end. Its the originator that actually made the comment that can get sued. Basically he would have to get a court order for his ISP (to get the weblogs) and try to trace the member back to try to sue them.

--------------------
2018 Tesla Model 3 Performance

Posts: 2077 | From: San Francisco, California | Registered: Oct 2000  |  :
stangless
¯
Member # 1414

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangless  Ford pictures for stangless    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i don't think it's about getting along at all or keeping quiet....
It's about this guy trying to get what he wants at all costs. very, very low.

--------------------
=(

two-gun kid2
¯
Member # 5891

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for two-gun kid2  Ford pictures for two-gun kid2    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 94gt:
Here is some info that I found..... Altough, its titled "Violence Against Women and Department of Justice Reauthorization Act of 2005"

On January 5, 2006, President Bush signed into law: H.R. 3402, the "Violence Against Women and Department of Justice Reauthorization Act of 2005," which reauthorizes the Violence Against Women Act for for years 2007-2011, makes amendments to criminal and immigration law, consolidates major law enforcement grant programs and authorizes appropriations for the Department of Justice for for years 2006-2009. According to "TITLE I--ENHANCING JUDICIAL AND LAW ENFORCEMENT TOOLS TO COMBAT VIOLENCE AGAINST WOMEN, Section 113. Preventing Cyberstalking ... Whoever ... utilizes any device or software that can be used to originate telecommunications or other types of communications that are transmitted, in whole or in part, by the Internet ... without disclosing his identity and with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any person ... who receives the communications ... shall be fined under title 18 or imprisoned not more than two years, or both.

So, before talking about anything, lets post our names... [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes]

my name is real name is juan cardenes, i and think mike is a bitch
Posts: 5566 | From: Hayward,Ca | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
stangless
¯
Member # 1414

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangless  Ford pictures for stangless    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by two-gun kid:
quote:
Here is some info that I found..... Altough, its titled "Violence Against Women and Department of Justice Reauthorization Act of 2005"

On January 5, 2006, President Bush signed into law: H.R. 3402, the "Violence Against Women and Department of Justice Reauthorization Act of 2005," which reauthorizes the Violence Against Women Act for for years 2007-2011, makes amendments to criminal and immigration law, consolidates major law enforcement grant programs and authorizes appropriations for the Department of Justice for for years 2006-2009. According to "TITLE I--ENHANCING JUDICIAL AND LAW ENFORCEMENT TOOLS TO COMBAT VIOLENCE AGAINST WOMEN, Section 113. Preventing Cyberstalking ... Whoever ... utilizes any device or software that can be used to originate telecommunications or other types of communications that are transmitted, in whole or in part, by the Internet ... without disclosing his identity and with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any person ... who receives the communications ... shall be fined under title 18 or imprisoned not more than two years, or both.

So, before talking about anything, lets post our names... [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes]

ha ha.. that law won't apply to you anymore. [patriot]

--------------------
=(

89 FAKE SNAKE
¯
Member # 4531

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89 FAKE SNAKE  Ford pictures for 89 FAKE SNAKE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SPEC -Fabrication:
Not only this buisness has had problems here, These last few months have really gotten outta hand on the abuse of threads ,Moderators should have been locking and deleting these post but would let them go on for Pages [Confused]

[patriot] ya..but seems that if the mods dnt like the place and people flame it they let it go..if someone was to talk shit bout cdt or some other shop the mods would lock and ban who everstarted it..when apex is brought up all they do is let it go and go then send it to street racing and let it go more [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
90 COUPE
01 R1 (stock)
04 XR-50(stroked)
06 TT-R50E
SRA & PWA member

Dag302
¯
Member # 4682

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dag302  Ford pictures for Dag302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
He has no lawsuit and is grasping at straws. This goes back to the days when "people" used to hack directv. They tried the digital millenium act to stop people. In the end they could not even shut down most websites due to freedom of speach. I myself will donate time or money to the site to keep it going. This guy just has no idea how to deal with the public. If he thinks that is slander he can pm me. I will give him my full name, social and blood type. I have a lot of free time transfer the ownership of the website to me and continue to bash....j/k. If people really have bad experiences they should say what happened just like if it was a positive one. Are they going after corral.net also cause I have seen a couple threads about people not happy with there seats. In the end if anyone has a problem with one of the pizzas from my place you better just eat it. If you tell someone it tasted bad...I WILL SUE YOU.

--------------------
04 Expedition 4X4
93 Cobra #822
96 Cobra

Posts: 2842 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jul 2004  |  :
166 Merlo
FELONY
MOTORSPORTS
Member # 1549

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 166 Merlo  Ford pictures for 166 Merlo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Man that's pety, and hypocritical, if I remember correctly, and I know I do, he was the one that started off with the false statements of a Newtech's shop in hayward about their lift for dyno "not being safe." And he'd never even seen it! ain't that some shit, now he's definitely sideways for this one

I say fight it - goto court do whatever, he can't take money from you if you don't have it, but if you get a good lawyer he'll find a way you can take it from him cuz he's loaded. That's how this leagal system works right!

then you can get your cobra back on the road and everyone can have free cafords calenders and t-shirts. even give some to apex to show no hard feelings.

Man i just crack myself up on this one [worship] to me. lol

--------------------
'89 - Boss Coupe
'70 - Drop Cutthang
'68 - Cougnut
'87 - 0166, Its real

89 FAKE SNAKE
¯
Member # 4531

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89 FAKE SNAKE  Ford pictures for 89 FAKE SNAKE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
IF PEOPLE DNT LIKE APEX DONT GO THERE..IF PEOPLE DONT LIKE MIKE DONT DEAL WIT HIM..CHRIS AND EVERYTHONE THERE HELP ANYONE..

--------------------
90 COUPE
01 R1 (stock)
04 XR-50(stroked)
06 TT-R50E
SRA & PWA member

166 Merlo
FELONY
MOTORSPORTS
Member # 1549

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 166 Merlo  Ford pictures for 166 Merlo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

hahahahahahha yea fuck that dude! [Whoo Whooooo!]

lolol

and my name is jesus de la cruz rodriguez estrada cabron chingon and te la meto a tu hija

[ April 04, 2006, 01:10 AM: Message edited by: 87 ]

--------------------
'89 - Boss Coupe
'70 - Drop Cutthang
'68 - Cougnut
'87 - 0166, Its real

94gt
¯
Member # 3060

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 94gt  Ford pictures for 94gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 89 FAKE SNAKE:
quote:
Not only this buisness has had problems here, These last few months have really gotten outta hand on the abuse of threads ,Moderators should have been locking and deleting these post but would let them go on for Pages [Confused]

[patriot] ya..but seems that if the mods dnt like the place and people flame it they let it go..if someone was to talk shit bout cdt or some other shop the mods would lock and ban who everstarted it..when apex is brought up all they do is let it go and go then send it to street racing and let it go more [Roll Eyes]
How long does a mod have to stay on here and babysit? All of them have lives outside of cafords too and cant stay here 24/7 in shifts. [Wink] The mods here do a pretty good job of keeping crazy posts down and move/delete them if needed.

This is a silly thing for him to do, personally, I think its already doing irrepparable damage to the image of both of his companies... I mean, how less likely are any of us to go there now that he has threatened the owner and mods of cafords?

--------------------
2020 Explorer ST
2011 Silver Raptor 'Screw

Posts: 5777 | From: Beavercreek, OH | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
two-gun kid2
¯
Member # 5891

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for two-gun kid2  Ford pictures for two-gun kid2    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 87:
quote:
quote:

lolol

and my name is jesus de la cruz rodriguez estrada cabron chingon and te la meto a tu hija

i think my post should be post of the year
[Razz]

94gt
¯
Member # 3060

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 94gt  Ford pictures for 94gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by 87:
quote:
quote:

lolol

i think my post should be post of the year
[Razz]

lol, then you should be expecting a email too? [Eek!]

--------------------
2020 Explorer ST
2011 Silver Raptor 'Screw

Posts: 5777 | From: Beavercreek, OH | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
Impact 5.0
¯
Member # 2805

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Impact 5.0  Ford pictures for Impact 5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I can see this site will always feed off of Drama. Matt you said you are for a anti drama site but you yourself just put more wood in the fire. My days here are about over.
Posts: 2173 | From: Tracy, CA | Registered: May 2003  |  :
Team SOLO
Chevy Powered Stang
Member # 722

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Team SOLO  Ford pictures for Team SOLO    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If I am not mistaken, CAFORDS is not doing anything illegal. Those breaking the laws would be those making the statements. Sounds like the only thing that owners/moderators of CAFORDS would be liable for would be supplying any/all user information if issued a subpoena.

--------------------
'88 Mustang Coupe: 8.02 @ 170

Posts: 3887 | From: Santa Clara | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
silverstang2k1
¯
Member # 660

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for silverstang2k1  Ford pictures for silverstang2k1  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

I actually want to thank you for IP banning me.. it has saved me alot of time dealing with some of the garbage on Cafords. I also have been alerted by some of our good customers that we are being slammed and slandered unmercilessly on your site by a few users who have NEVER done business with us or met me. Many of these posts are without merit and slanderous. While I am grateful you still allow my employees to post and reply to people I would caution you CAfords is treading on waters you don't really want to get into.

I am not sure if you are aware of a new Federal law which "Prohibits the posting of annoying Web messages or sending annoying e-mail messages without disclosing your true identity" This law was passed last year under the "Violence Against Women and Department of Justice Reauthorization Act." Sec. 113. You can read more abot it right here. It carries a maximum sentence of 2 years in prison
http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/bdquery/z?d109:h.r.03402:

I do believe people have the right to voice their opinions. But not when they do it recklessly like some of your users have. When your users are posting false statements about people or companies then they have gone too far. If you continue to allow your users to slander me and harm my business I will have no choice but to take matters into my own hands. Please call me at XXX/XXX-XXX so we can discuss this matter OR you may reply by email. I expect action or a reply within 24 hours to this matter.

Sincerely,

Mike Mak
Surplus Computers
SurplusComputers.com
Apex Motorsports

If ANYONE sent me that chite, I would have only one thing to say.....

KISS MY FRACKING ARSE!

--------------------
Silverstangs.net

Posts: 103 | From: The capital of the Golden state. | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
stangless
¯
Member # 1414

just go dude.. who's keeping you here? you have your own site. you disliked Mike too until you "spoke with him" which happened to be the same time he turned into your site's sponsor. [Roll Eyes]
bye bye

[ April 04, 2006, 01:24 AM: Message edited by: Jmir018 ]

--------------------
=(

9COBRA8
CaliforniaFords.com Owner
Member # 6

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9COBRA8  Ford pictures for 9COBRA8  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

89 FAKE SNAKE I resent your baseless accusations and would like to inform you that YOU, yes 89 FAKE SNAKE was one of the people he wanted banned from cafords. We stuck up for you, just as we would have stuck up for any other member.

quote:

Here is the thread in question I spoke you about. Please do something about this jerk Fake Snake. He has never been to our shop or had any work done by us BUT he continuously says FUCK APEX just to start Drama on the board.

Sincerely,

Mike Mak
President
Apex Motorsports
Surpluscomputers.com

quote:

Thank you for locking the thread as it was getting ridiculous. Why do users like Fake Snake 89 be allowed to make false and degrading statements about businesses? I understand the MODS have better things to do than to watch over these kids, BUT after repeated offenses like this AFTER warnings from Matt don’t you think they should be banned? Yes, this is America, but it is still not right to slander a company just because they do not like us. We have NEVER done anything to 89 Fake Snake and have never even done any business with him. I believe you should ban him so you can set a precedent and an example so other users do not just start slamming businesses without merit.

Sincerely,

Mike Mak
President
Surpluscomputers.com

Posts: 1668 | From: Fremont, CA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  :
menlo pony
still learnin'
Member # 4301

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for menlo pony  Ford pictures for menlo pony    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
PMed relevant law. Good luck [patriot]
Posts: 776 | From: Santa Cruz y Menlo Park | Registered: Mar 2004  |  :
two-gun kid2
¯
Member # 5891

quote:
Originally posted by 9Venom9:
I can see this site will always feed off of Drama. Matt you said you are for a anti drama site but you yourself just put more wood in the fire. My days here are about over.

not to start shit with you, but i think you dont want to open your mouth and say something becuse your car is at apex and mike might want to cancel your warrenty. [Smile]
89 FAKE SNAKE
¯
Member # 4531

quote:
Originally posted by 9COBRA8:
quote:
quote:

89 FAKE SNAKE I resent your baseless accusations and would like to inform you that YOU, yes 89 FAKE SNAKE was one of the people he wanted banned from cafords. We stuck up for you, just as we would have stuck up for any other member.

quote:

Here is the thread in question I spoke you about. Please do something about this jerk Fake Snake. He has never been to our shop or had any work done by us BUT he continuously says FUCK APEX just to start Drama on the board.

Sincerely,

Mike Mak
President
Apex Motorsports
Surpluscomputers.com

quote:

Thank you for locking the thread as it was getting ridiculous. Why do users like Fake Snake 89 be allowed to make false and degrading statements about businesses? I understand the MODS have better things to do than to watch over these kids, BUT after repeated offenses like this AFTER warnings from Matt don’t you think they should be banned? Yes, this is America, but it is still not right to slander a company just because they do not like us. We have NEVER done anything to 89 Fake Snake and have never even done any business with him. I believe you should ban him so you can set a precedent and an example so other users do not just start slamming businesses without merit.

Sincerely,

Mike Mak
President
Surpluscomputers.com

thas fine..i talked ALL KINDS OF SHIT bout apex..but hey..once i found out it was jus mike everything changed..everyone else there is coo and willing to help..

--------------------
90 COUPE
01 R1 (stock)
04 XR-50(stroked)
06 TT-R50E
SRA & PWA member

Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
IMHO, that email did more harm for APEX's reputation than anything that has been posted about them.

Nicely done APEX.

If cafords is not getting any money, I personally would do away with any and all advertising on this site. It all too often leads to drama.

--------------------
Stangless

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
1quik69
¯
Member # 5481

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1quik69  Ford pictures for 1quik69    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I was thinking about taking my wifes 95 GT to apex for a dyno tune after we got through making some changes on it, but after reading a lot of the posts I'm not so sure now. Mike Mak needs to learn that people don't just randomly speak trash about businesses. If a customer is unhappy the business should do what it needs to do to make that customer happy. A satisfied customer will tell his friends about a good experience. But an unhappy, dissatisfied customer will tell anyone who will listen. If everything I have read on here is true, them Mike Mak needs to take a look at his own operation and clean it up there first. If the complaints are largely exaggerated, then maybe people should be careful about what they say regarding a business. Also, if you have a problem with a business, try to work it out with them first. If the problem can't be resolved, then see your attorney and file complaints with the better business bureau. Better business bureaus usually contact a business if they receive a complaint. That contact should let the business owner know he has a problem. And last but not least, if your not satisfied with the business, then spend your hard earned money somewhere else. There are a lot of good reputable business that work very hard to earn our business and they deserve to get it.
89 FAKE SNAKE
¯
Member # 4531

its all good single me out..ya I TALKED SHIT AND WILL SAY IT OVER AND OVER AGAIN..but hey i went there and they do alot better..im jus statin my opinion..but looks like it dnt matter..but its all good

--------------------
90 COUPE
01 R1 (stock)
04 XR-50(stroked)
06 TT-R50E
SRA & PWA member

Page: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com