Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » !Important information about the FUTURE of CAFords! (Page 8)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   
Author Topic: !Important information about the FUTURE of CAFords!
Mach0ne351
¯
Member # 927

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mach0ne351  Ford pictures for Mach0ne351  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 03SHKER:
quote:
Originally posted by 9COBRA8:
I can not say Chris has been honest or trustworthy with me in the past. I do not however wish to disclose the details of my dealings with him online. I'm through dealing with this gang. He knows how honest he has been with me in the past and now, so do I.

What the hell are you talking about. I'm in the middle of a job and a friend. Even if I wanted to, I can't pick a side. Think about it Matt. If I say I take your side over it, I've put my job in danger. If I say I take Mikes side, I lose a friend. I have to walk a very thin line here, and try to keep both sides happy. So no, I have not told anyone how I feel about all this, so don't even say some sh*t like that.
[patriot] like ive always said, business is business, and should never be personal.

--------------------
2001 SVT Cobra
SCT Tuned by APEX Motorsports @ 317rwhp/304rwtq
www.32valve.com

Posts: 1182 | From: Marina, CA | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :
Gnari-Garage
CAFords OG
Member # 3164

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gnari-Garage  Ford pictures for Gnari-Garage    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
To try to protect your company is onething, but to write a letter like this is BS, As a owner of a company you should know people talk Shit all the time, some customers will like you and some will talk Shit. Its all part of owning a buisness.

personally i'm so tired of reading about APEX drama.

Navid

--------------------
2017 McLaren 570GT
2019 Audi S5
2017 Tundra 7" Lift, 37" Tires

Posts: 4017 | From: 916-sacramento | Registered: Aug 2003  |  :
Eddie510-
CAFords OG
Member # 2354

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eddie510-  Ford pictures for Eddie510-    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 03SHKER:
At first I wasn't going to post this, but I told Mike I would.

To All Cafords Members,

First thing I would like to do is to apologize to everyone for this fiasco. My intent was not to cause drama on this site NOR was it ever intended to be perceived as a way to shut down the site.

I am not against free speech at all. I believe people should be allowed to post whatever they want as long as it is an actual experience, good or bad, with us you are more than free to share it with others. My main problem is when people are posting negative things about me or my shop when they have never met me, do not have all the facts, or have any actual experience with the shop. I have even tried to reach out to the Cafords community with a Apex Open House and many of you came out and had a great time. Unfortunately, some people who did come out still accussed me of being a Money Hungry Jerk. Ask anyone who has actually met me or knows me personally and they will tell you I am far from a Money Hungry Jerk….. I don’t live in Atherthon, don’t have Rolex Watches (Except the one my father gave me 25 yrs ago), only wear T-Shirts and Jeans, and pretty much am just a average joe who just happens to have 2 businesses. I make a comfortable living but am FAR from rich. In fact, I was raised in a very blue collar 1st generation immigrant family from China.

One of my biggest assets and obviously problematic issues, is I care very deeply for my friends, customers, business, and family. I am an extremely loyal person to the people in my life and take it personally when they are attacked. Unfortunately, I have learned being a business owner automatically disqualifies me from responding the same way a non-business owners would.

My goal has NEVER been to shut down CAfords.com. I am not trying to sensor people but only am trying to protect myself, employees, and customers.

Again, I apologize to everyone involved is this matter. My door has always been open to everyone and anyone. If you have any comments please feel free to contact me at 408/327-0420 Ext.101 or mmak@surpluscomputers.com. OR if you would like to talk to me in person just stop on by the shop and I will gladly take a 5 minute drive from my office to chat with you.

Sincerely,

Mike Mak

Thats what ive been tring to hear. the other side of the story

--------------------
"I like to be more politicaly correct than what I really believe so I can get more frinds here on CaFords"-Cummings "TIPICKLE"

Jdub07
( O Y O )
Member # 2728

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jdub07  Ford pictures for Jdub07    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
the end.
Mach0ne351
¯
Member # 927

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mach0ne351  Ford pictures for Mach0ne351  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Jdub07:
the end.

[worship] [patriot]

--------------------
2001 SVT Cobra
www.32valve.com

stangless
¯
Member # 1414

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangless  Ford pictures for stangless    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Mach0ne351:
quote:
Originally posted by Jdub07:
the end.

[worship] [patriot]
why can't you just stop posting? it seems that you have a response for everything.
were the little smilies necessary?

--------------------
=(

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
lol, I assure you Mike didn't write that up himself. He probably had his employees or lawyer write it up.

He's come on here, talked shit about another shop with a dyno, told MULTIPLE people they are idiots and are wrong when "discussing" how things should be done on Mustangs, he's called a members boss to get him in trouble because he didn't agree with Mike online, threatened legal action against moderators here, threatened to have this site shut down, ETC, ETC, ETC.

Mike, You've done it. Don't now come here and say you didn't mean for this and that, WHEN IT'S EXACTLY WHAT YOU WROTE IN THE EMAIL WORD FOR WORD etc.

Take a lesson from Jason Giambi. Come on, say you are VERY SORRY, YOU WERE WRONG, and the door is open. THEN LEAVE IT AT THAT, PERIOD.

Best advice you could get, and you still won't know what to do with it.......

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

KRZ89GT
¯
Member # 4273

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for KRZ89GT  Ford pictures for KRZ89GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have nothing bad to say about Apez or Mike. Ive dealt with them and they are cool people.
I am by no means taking sides! it goes both ways if people say a lot of bad shit about you and u dont know them, youre going to wonder why? my o2 [patriot]

--------------------
89' bLACk GT (stolen)
KRAZYFORDS

Mach0ne351
¯
Member # 927

quote:
Originally posted by Jmir018:
why can't you just stop posting? it seems that you have a response for everything.
were the little smilies necessary? [/QB]

[Smile] [Roll Eyes] [Big Grin] [Embarrassed] [Frown] [Confused] [Eek!] [Razz]

--------------------
2001 SVT Cobra
www.32valve.com

50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50 Deep  Ford pictures for 50 Deep  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hella drama. this is startin to remind me of sacstangs. [dance] j/p

[ April 05, 2006, 09:07 PM: Message edited by: 50 Deep ]

--------------------
Signature Wheel Ford Representative
Email: Terrance@Signaturewheel.com
Instagram: @Signature_Wheel_Mustang
Web: www.SignatureWheel.com

Posts: 6043 | From: sacramento | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
Rob [5LVENOM]
¯
Member # 2282

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rob [5LVENOM]  Ford pictures for Rob [5LVENOM]    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Time to do some major house cleaning on this site for sure.
HaulinAss Motorsports
Its a STREETRaceCar!
Member # 541

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for HaulinAss Motorsports  Ford pictures for HaulinAss Motorsports    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
off to streetracing......................... [Big Grin]
Posts: 22466 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :
HaulinAss Motorsports
Its a STREETRaceCar!
Member # 541

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for HaulinAss Motorsports  Ford pictures for HaulinAss Motorsports    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
This whole deal has reminded me of the AMP thread that hit a few different Mustang sites a few years ago. A bunch of people were pissed because of how something was handled with a customer,and only heard the customers SIDE OF THE STORY and jumped to conclusions,then EVERYONE jumped the bandwagon talking shit about AMP.Well if anyone has delt with AMP personally they would know they are some straight up guys. Every PSCA race I have attended that they have been at they have always been always been kewl people,will take the time to talk to you about parts,their car etcc... and put on one badass BBQ,and they make enough food to feed this entire web site [worship] Time has moved on and they are still in business and you don't hear the bullshit anymore..............

But back to this particular subject I'm not taking sides as I have NOTHING to gain trying to. I enjoy coming here and I buy ALL my Nitrous thru APEX usually dealing with Mario,who I have known for over 13 years,Chris who has always been a stand up dude in my book in the times I have delt with him,and well Ponytail dude(sorry forgot your name) [Big Grin] .I have never ran into Mike in all the times I have been there so I haven't had the opportunity to meet him in person. I have however talked to him on the phone numerous amount of times and he seemed like a straight up dude,from what I got out of the conversations is that he's just really interested in business and the automotive/mustang community.

I work on a lot of the members cars here as well and as much as you try,not everyone is going to be 100% happy that's the nature of the buisness.In the event that does happen I try my hardest to make them happy with what work they had done,or make it right somehow,again you can never make EVERYONE happy,sometimes not even charging the person just to keep the word of mouth thing in good standing.Now take a high volume shop,the percentage of issues can rise and can come off looking bad,even though 98% of the other customers are happy.

Word of mouth is the SINGLE BIGGEST advertisement for any buisness.It can be good or bad. I have read a lot of the replies and there were some legitimate gripes but to me it reminded me of what happened to AMP,people jumping the bandwagon,which IMO is PURE BULLSHIT,but not excusing the bad issues,but yet there are 2 sides to every story,and from past experience,if you tell you side of what happened people think your trying to "defend yourself" even though its just that,your side of the story.And that's the bad thing about computers you really dont see how people are coming at a situation,and thats when shit gets blown out of proportion.....

Now,how Mike went about this may not be the way any of us would have done,but when the guy is banned maybe he felt that was the only choice he had and what "HE" feels necessary(still not agreeing or taking sides with anyone,let that be known)

I say this post should be put away,locked down and let both parties just relax and get on with other shit/life.If the problem keeps arising then take action from there(that goes for both sides

NOTE: As always these are just my opinions,you can agree or not.................

Posts: 22466 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :
putter
¯
Member # 4253

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for putter  Ford pictures for putter    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I think the moderators here are smart enough to figure out whats needs to be done around here.

I think APEX would rock, If every once in a while the words "what would make you happy" came to the table from Mike, that doesnt mean bend over and take it in the ass but it would encourage negotiations. Everytime a problem came up here it was always hush, hide and deny. The reply earlier was the best thing I have heard from APEX. APEX is just gonna have to weather the storm and reverse the negative comments.

--------------------
KEEP THE SHIT REAL!
Is someone posting a bunch of B/S and lies? PM me Ill bust em out for ya!
Sellers Beware WayfastYtee "BAD TRADER"

Posts: 626 | From: sacramento | Registered: Mar 2004  |  :
Eddie510-
CAFords OG
Member # 2354

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eddie510-  Ford pictures for Eddie510-    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by HaulinAssMaro:
This whole deal has reminded me of the AMP thread that hit a few different Mustang sites a few years ago. A bunch of people were pissed because of how something was handled with a customer,and only heard the customers SIDE OF THE STORY and jumped to conclusions,then EVERYONE jumped the bandwagon talking shit about AMP.Well if anyone has delt with AMP personally they would know they are some straight up guys. Every PSCA race I have attended that they have been at they have always been always been kewl people,will take the time to talk to you about parts,their car etcc... and put on one badass BBQ,and they make enough food to feed this entire web site [worship] Time has moved on and they are still in business and you don't hear the bullshit anymore..............

But back to this particular subject I'm not taking sides as I have NOTHING to gain trying to. I enjoy coming here and I buy ALL my Nitrous thru APEX usually dealing with Mario,who I have known for over 13 years,Chris who has always been a stand up dude in my book in the times I have delt with him,and well Ponytail dude(sorry forgot your name) [Big Grin] .I have never ran into Mike in all the times I have been there so I haven't had the opportunity to meet him in person. I have however talked to him on the phone numerous amount of times and he seemed like a straight up dude,from what I got out of the conversations is that he's just really interested in business and the automotive/mustang community.

I work on a lot of the members cars here as well and as much as you try,not everyone is going to be 100% happy that's the nature of the buisness.In the event that does happen I try my hardest to make them happy with what work they had done,or make it right somehow,again you can never make EVERYONE happy,sometimes not even charging the person just to keep the word of mouth thing in good standing.Now take a high volume shop,the percentage of issues can rise and can come off looking bad,even though 98% of the other customers are happy.

Word of mouth is the SINGLE BIGGEST advertisement for any buisness.It can be good or bad. I have read a lot of the replies and there were some legitimate gripes but to me it reminded me of what happened to AMP,people jumping the bandwagon,which IMO is PURE BULLSHIT,but not excusing the bad issues,but yet there are 2 sides to every story,and from past experience,if you tell you side of what happened people think your trying to "defend yourself" even though its just that,your side of the story.And that's the bad thing about computers you really dont see how people are coming at a situation,and thats when shit gets blown out of proportion.....

Now,how Mike went about this may not be the way any of us would have done,but when the guy is banned maybe he felt that was the only choice he had and what "HE" feels necessary(still not agreeing or taking sides with anyone,let that be known)

I say this post should be put away,locked down and let both parties just relax and get on with other shit/life.If the problem keeps arising then take action from there(that goes for both sides

NOTE: As always these are just my opinions,you can agree or not.................

daaamn, good one night owl [worship]

--------------------
"I like to be more politicaly correct than what I really believe so I can get more frinds here on CaFords"-Cummings "TIPICKLE"

two-gun kid2
¯
Member # 5891

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for two-gun kid2  Ford pictures for two-gun kid2    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by HaulinAssMaro:

your shop for the win [patriot]
Posts: 5566 | From: Hayward,Ca | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
SVTGhoust
¯
Member # 20

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SVTGhoust  Ford pictures for SVTGhoust    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I dont have anything derogatory to say about apex. They are a busy shop and charge a pretty penny and they have been around for a while so they must be doing something good to stay afloat.

--------------------
2013 Shelby GT500 / 2020 Shelby GT500

Posts: 962 | From: Brentwood, CA 94513 | Registered: Oct 2000  |  :
modular
¯
Member # 6599

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for modular  Ford pictures for modular    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Little late there buddy.

[ December 01, 2006, 05:37 PM: Message edited by: modular ]

--------------------
I had no idea that so many people knew everything until I joined this site.
I was prolly drunk. Get over it
***BEWARE*** COP CALLERS! Eljefe-Adower!

Posts: 548 | From: sacramento | Registered: Mar 2006  |  :
WRS92GT
¯
Member # 5008

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for WRS92GT  Ford pictures for WRS92GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I think that CAFords as a community has the right to know if a shop is doing something questionable or not. This is a web forum for cars and performance and the people whom spend their hard earned money at an establishment should know if the shop in question has had or has "issues".

I think that Mr. Mak's approach/attitude towards the entire CAFords community is poor. I think he'll never regain people's trust as a businessman if follows through with his threat of legal action. Simply put, if you're good at what you do/sell the people will come find you. If you tell people how great you are, you're either an egomaniac or a poorly disaplined businessman.

[ December 01, 2006, 06:02 PM: Message edited by: WRS92GT ]

Posts: 455 | From: Sacramento, CA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  :
stangless
¯
Member # 1414

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangless  Ford pictures for stangless    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by WRS92GT:
I think that CAFords as a community has the right to know if a shop is doing something questionable or not. This is a web forum for cars and performance and the people whom spend their hard earned money at an establishment should know if the shop in question has had or has "issues".

I think that Mr. Mak's approach/attitude towards the entire CAFords community is poor. I think he'll never regain people's trust as a businessman if follows through with his threat of legal action. Simply put, if you're good at what you do/sell the people will come find you. If you tell people how great you are, you're either an egomaniac or a poorly disaplined businessman.

excellent post. But why was this revived? Apex has been gone for way to long(from this site) for us to really discuss their policies etc.

--------------------
=(

Sk8OnGlass
¯
Member # 6370

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sk8OnGlass  Ford pictures for Sk8OnGlass    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 91 5.0 5speed:
If I understand this correctly It is o.k. to talk about apex if you have a bad experience with them as long as you give your true identity? [Big Grin] every law has loopholes but I think you should ban any and everyone having to do with that shop and be done with them. They can't totally censor someone from giving their opinion, That is a violation of the first amendment.

+ 1 ,

--------------------
First On Race Day
FORD
yup that's my stang in da pic

Posts: 533 | From: san Jose, CA. | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
xcessive50
¯
Member # 2995

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for xcessive50  Ford pictures for xcessive50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB

[ December 01, 2006, 11:20 PM: Message edited by: xcessive50 ]

v-town coupe
fordologist
Member # 2771

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for v-town coupe  Ford pictures for v-town coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 9COBRA8:
Hello everyone. As you know, myself and the moderators here donate our spare time, resources and even money if need be to keep CaliforniaFords.com going. CaliforniaFords.com is and always has been a 100% free service for Northern California Ford Owners. It is strictly up kept by our member’s donated resources. We like to think CaliforniaFords.com is a great place to buy/sell Ford parts, give/get tech advice on upgrading or repairing your Ford or find out about local car races and shows.

As you may or may not be aware, a few customers of a particular shop have complained about the shops services and people have questioned the shops ethics on CaliforniaFords.com. We all know this particular shop is owned by an extremely rich and powerful person who owns multiple successful businesses. More than once this individual has tried to muscle CaliforniaFords.com moderators into seeing things his way, weather it has been telling us to delete post or ban users. We have always politely refused his wishes and gave him no special treatment or services because of his financial or political status.

CaliforniaFords.com is simply a neutral medium to exchange automotive information of a local nature. With that said, it looks like we have imminent legal action being taken against us for allowing a certain level of freedom to all parties involved on our forums.

The following email was sent to us:

quote:

I actually want to thank you for IP banning me.. it has saved me alot of time dealing with some of the garbage on Cafords. I also have been alerted by some of our good customers that we are being slammed and slandered unmercilessly on your site by a few users who have NEVER done business with us or met me. Many of these posts are without merit and slanderous. While I am grateful you still allow my employees to post and reply to people I would caution you CAfords is treading on waters you don't really want to get into.

I am not sure if you are aware of a new Federal law which "Prohibits the posting of annoying Web messages or sending annoying e-mail messages without disclosing your true identity" This law was passed last year under the "Violence Against Women and Department of Justice Reauthorization Act." Sec. 113. You can read more abot it right here. It carries a maximum sentence of 2 years in prison
http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/bdquery/z?d109:h.r.03402:

I do believe people have the right to voice their opinions. But not when they do it recklessly like some of your users have. When your users are posting false statements about people or companies then they have gone too far. If you continue to allow your users to slander me and harm my business I will have no choice but to take matters into my own hands. Please call me at XXX/XXX-XXX so we can discuss this matter OR you may reply by email. I expect action or a reply within 24 hours to this matter.

Sincerely,

Mike Mak
Surplus Computers
SurplusComputers.com
Apex Motorsports

(we censored his phone number)

Since CaliforniaFords.com is a service to the community, up kept by donated time and resources of our members, what do you think we should do? Myself and the moderators I’ve spoken to clearly do not want to go to jail. We also don’t want to pay any legal fees and go to court for allowing our members to post both positive and negative reviews about a local shop. Our hands are tied.

We want to warn our members that if you see CaliforniaFords.com shut down in the near future, it will be due to the apparent imminent legal action the individual quoted above is bringing against the people that keep CaliforniaFords.com running.

Please keep your replies civil. I hold the right to lock this post or remove profane replies. We are only looking inform our members of the situation and get their advice on how to handle it.

well it looks as if we have decision to make either everyone keeps it civil or we loose cafords. sucks that we cant have freedom of speech but this website has come a long way to be lost over some b.s. like this

[ December 02, 2006, 02:46 AM: Message edited by: v-town coupe ]

Posts: 4597 | From: the V-town | Registered: May 2003  |  :
cummins
¯
Member # 5931

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cummins  Ford pictures for cummins    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You foos are a day and a dollar short! Its all water under the bridge so let it die!

--------------------
Your definitely jealous of my strength and brains. - 68_427_Fastback

Cummins looks like the Wendy's girl......without the pig tails. - JT

Posts: 3441 | From: The Rice Fields | Registered: Aug 2005  |  :
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
WTF? This post is years old. No one should be commenting on this anymore since its done with. Who the hell brought this back up?

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

Page: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com