Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Dave/Fasthatch is a hack mechanic *get your popcorn* (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  9  10  11   
Author Topic: Dave/Fasthatch is a hack mechanic *get your popcorn*
06Xrunner
¯
Member # 6992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 06Xrunner  Ford pictures for 06Xrunner  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes I completely agree fasthatch is a COMPLETE hack, he put a heater core is a mustang for me, the interior was greasy, he stripped paint off under the hood, didn't recharge the a/c as promised, the dash is loose, the heater selector no longer works, didn't even spray out the heater box, got refrigerant EVERYWHERE, etc. I could keep going but yeah fasthatch doesn't know what he is doing and DO NOT trust him to work on your car.

EDIT

He also broke the center heater vent and control plastic piece.

[ February 04, 2010, 11:40 PM: Message edited by: 06Xrunner ]

--------------------
01 Black GT 526WHP sold
2012 5.0 GT 625WHP sold
1984 Buick G/N Built and boosting...

Posts: 2124 | From: Chico, Ca | Registered: Aug 2006  |  :
venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for venomous99  Ford pictures for venomous99    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 

[ February 04, 2010, 11:42 PM: Message edited by: venomous99 ]

--------------------
MKII Q7
89LX

BlowN67
¯
Member # 4229

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlowN67  Ford pictures for BlowN67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
what was the problem of car prior?
what was diagnosed?
whats should of been diagnose?

In respect to both of you why dont you write it out better than just an attack. write it as what the problem was what he di an what he did to make it worse. just seems like alot of details missing.

--------------------
AIM gonein67 JOHN
* californiafords.com
* corral.net
* foureyedpride.com
* yellowbullet.com
* theturboforums.com

Posts: 9809 | From: Home of LARD | Registered: Mar 2004  |  :
venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for venomous99  Ford pictures for venomous99    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
always a risk when going to the shade tree mechanic. he seemed to have a really good reputation on here so it would be interesting to hear his side.
time for him to either address it or u just take this to small claims rather than using beatdown tactics that could get u in jail. [Cool]
wasnt this the car that had an issue with what appeared to be valve train noise? whats his explanation?
interesting how ppl are coming out of the wood work to speak on how shady his work is..surprised no one came out earlier to alert ppl who were interested in having work done.

--------------------
MKII Q7
89LX

90FoX
FoX
Member # 1974

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90FoX  Ford pictures for 90FoX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by 06Xrunner:
Yes I completely agree fasthatch is a COMPLETE hack, he put a heater core is a mustang for me, the interior was greasy, he stripped paint off under the hood, didn't recharge the a/c as promised, the dash is loose, the heater selector no longer works, didn't even spray out the heater box, got refrigerant EVERYWHERE, etc. I could keep going but yeah fasthatch doesn't know what he is doing and DO NOT trust him to work on your car.

EDIT

He also broke the center heater vent and control plastic piece.

I knew his ass couldn't change a heater core as fast as he was saying without cutting corners somewhere. [BS flag]

I spent a long time installing my heater core. Removing the dash completely and taking hella care with everything.

I always believe that quality and speed are inversely related

[ February 04, 2010, 11:56 PM: Message edited by: 90FoX ]

Posts: 5364 | From: Shooting Skeet | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by BlowN67:
what was diagnosed?

In respect to both of you why dont you write it out better than just an attack. write it as what the problem was what he di an what he did to make it worse. just seems like alot of details missing.

The car came in with a exhaust leak sound (Lee and Herman can verfy this), his diagnosis was a head gasket change. Lee's recommendation was a Cam change. Car makes it to Dan's house in worse shape than I bought it to Dave. Shit all loose and mangled and with a rod knock. As for what should have been the diagnosis, I have no clue which is why I wanted a mechanic on it. Really isnt much details missin. Then there is the fringe stuff like a dent in my bumper (rear), my missing battery, engine bay not steam cleaned like he said would. Oh did I mention it now has a rod knock.

[ February 05, 2010, 12:00 AM: Message edited by: N8 ]

Duncan Motors
¯
Member # 7045

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Duncan Motors  Ford pictures for Duncan Motors    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
this is just my two cents, but anytime i do work or change somethin on a customers car by law i have to contact , document, and keep the part to show the customer what i was talkin about,so if he swapped your battery he should have to show you with a test that your battery was no good, i have had a couple people bring me battery's in there car and i had to charge and go thru the procedures to make sure there in deed bad . second he didnt keep your car inside when he said he would would of cost me any customer, cars are more important to them than some of there girlfreinds lol. and if i remember right this is the same car we where all arguin over what was wrong bout less than a month back? maybe you had mutiple problems, did he ever show you your blown heads gaskets?ive done a couple fresh top ends on bad bottom ends, and they would go out. i wont even warranty any motor unless i do the whole job motor from scratch, for reasons like maybe this. maybe not you, but how would i have any idea how the condition of this motor is before the coustmer brought it me.specialy if i never heard it run or not run, even if it was running was it running extremly bad? maybe that blown cly hid the rod knock due to no compression.and i have seen mutiple problems mis diagnosis as one.and just saying for the record its almost imposible to get a rod knock in your average 50, just saying you would almost have to delibrately fuck it up if the motor was even half in decent shape.i cant imagine him doing it on purpose,and he sounds intelligent i would of never seen this coming from him , and as for his writing skills that means nothing at all. i dont knows whos is worse his or mine lol. my fault is i was never into school, i was already working on cars before high school an never finished. my own bad for sure! but there aint much writing going on in a mechanic shop , very minimal at best lol. regardless he shouldnt of be dodgein you no matter what! unless he just scared as hell of you, but remember maybe multiple problems do happen quite often. i hope you guys work it out you guys are old sckool in my book of being on here. i dont know him anybetter than i know you. but both of you have always seemed way cool.
CHP2981
¯
Member # 9240

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CHP2981  Ford pictures for CHP2981    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow thats fucked up. like i always tell people when things look bad it could be worst. If you would have put hands on him you might be in Rita for assault and battery or you car could be a total loss with no way of compensation from no one. You did say he is a business partner to a shop or to what. If so he got to be on an insurance policy for any losses that have to do with that business. But if he is just someone who works on cars in his garage you'll have to take him to small claims. Well good luck N8 Im a get back to watching A Clock Work Orange.

--------------------
No half steppin

N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Duncan
Lee told me something similar about keeping my mind open as one thing can inheritantly lead to another. That I understand. But he claimed my car as fixed, with the rod knock and pushed it out on the street. He was nice enough to deliver it Dan, but he did so by driving it with a rod knock.

The main thing I want to hear from him is how can he claim it to be complete with a rod knock. And before the total degradation of talks, how was the rod knock gonna be fixed by replacing a cam. He wont speak to me in any other fashion, so I figure he would do something here to save face and explain himself. Like I said as a customer I did nothing wrong. I communicated, I delivered on time, if he needed something I was there with it. I did nothing to deserve this treatment. Now I think about it in totality I am getting upset again.

06 X-runner didnt he give you part of your money back?

[ February 05, 2010, 12:12 AM: Message edited by: N8 ]

ice
¯
Member # 9737

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ice  Ford pictures for ice    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just put the hands on him! Whoopin someones ass isnt 25 to life.
Posts: 60 | From: cummings sisters | Registered: Jan 2010  |  :
N8
¯
Member # 6048

quote:
Originally posted by ice:

easy to say, and believe me I am in and out of that level. But truth of the matter is I have a family, and have to run a business. At the end of the day he is gambling with funny money and I am not.
hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by BlowN67:
what was diagnosed?

stangin'
¯
Member # 514

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangin'  Ford pictures for stangin'    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
N8, i can tell that you're really upset b/c in your first post your grammar and sentence structure was all bad, [Razz] .

just a side note:
a couple of weeks ago, i picked up a '93 notch that needed some work done. i contacted and PM about 5-6 individuals from this board. guys with their own shops and guys that did side work. i got 5-6 different quotes for the job at hand. dave fasthatch was actually the cheapest out of the bunch, but i didn't go with him. i actually went with dan even though his price was quite higher than the rest of the other guys. with a little common sense, you can tell a lot about a person's character by how they treat you, how they talk to you, or how they take their time to help you. from some of your posts in the past, it seems like you might be a penny pincher [Wink] so this goes to show that sometimes it can come back and bite you in the ass.

anyways, GL with the situation. i hope dave comes through and make it right for you.

Gnari-Garage
CAFords OG
Member # 3164

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gnari-Garage  Ford pictures for Gnari-Garage    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Its always sad to hear about this shit! We can talk shit all day long but you still have a problem, does anyone know this mechanic???? hopefully he mans up and takes care of the problem..

Good luck!

--------------------
2017 McLaren 570GT
2019 Audi S5
2017 Tundra 7" Lift, 37" Tires

Posts: 4017 | From: 916-sacramento | Registered: Aug 2003  |  :
drop92
PITUDO
RACING 415
Member # 1323

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for drop92  Ford pictures for drop92    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i need an oil change!
drop88stang
¯
Member # 9650

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for drop88stang  Ford pictures for drop88stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah He needs to make it right Is their any other shadetree mechanics on cafords we should know about?
Posts: 167 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Dec 2009  |  :
East Bay 50
¯
Member # 8081

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for East Bay 50  Ford pictures for East Bay 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:
Originally posted by ice:

easy to say, and believe me I am in and out of that level. But truth of the matter is I have a family, and have to run a business. At the end of the day he is gambling with funny money and I am not.
Be careful! i would hate to hear that you got over confident and Dave ebded up puttin you to sleep lol! sorry to hear about your situation. I hope things work out for you. remember, you get what you pay for! If a deal sounds to good to be true sometimes it is. Even though you might have spent a little more money at a reputable shop your car would be fixed and you would not be pissed! remember you can't put a price tag on piece of mind!

--------------------
Kurgan tuned stroked and blown 347 foxbody. boost nukka!

Duncan Motors
¯
Member # 7045

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Duncan Motors  Ford pictures for Duncan Motors    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
oh i total missed the car as being said it was done . and then he drove it without you knowing . sorry man.i hate to drive anyones car just so they cant say, what did you do? lol.and a dent, yeah no good sorry .bad street mechanic,s make it hard for us that do this professional , and i swore he was a good mechanic by what problems he has conversation about on hear. but well you never know anybody can google i guess, im still stumped this happened i wouldn't of seen this of happening.but yeah, your at a good place now i hope! dont know him any better, but he has a very good reputation, and really cheap prices ,its almost impossible to find a good person that does this as a hobbie that is really good and isnt relying on this to pay there total bills. i would start from scratch and bite the bullet , forget what you wasted, and let this man complete you a new one, for sure youll know what you have. and for a 1/4 the price of a reg shop and by talking with him on motor and car subjects pryor,prob better than 3/4 of your local automotive shops lol!
MikeD.
¯
Member # 8060

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MikeD.  Ford pictures for MikeD.    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well through all the bullshit, at least your ride is in the right place man. Dan has gone above and beyond doing work on my ride. FastHatch always sounded like he knew what he was talking about, and any of us in your situation could have found ourselfs in your shoes. It just sucks that you have to be the one to tell us about what kind of person Dave is. In a few months, things will have been solved, your car running, and enjoying it. I guess this is a live and learn type of thing, I still would slap that fool, but im only 20, and having nothing to lose sooo... Yeah. Hope all goes well though brother.

--------------------
1999 FRC Vette
12.77 @ 110

Posts: 2854 | From: Vacaville Ca, 707 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  :
ice
¯
Member # 9737

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ice  Ford pictures for ice    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dudes prolly drinkin a beer reading this. The beer was bought with your money. [Razz]
To say doing the top end of a motor then it creating a rod knock so fast is a 1 in a 2 million idea. Id be more able to believe the motor had saw dust or another additive in the oil to quiet said rod knock and the fluid change enhanced the knock. I think its funny theres other shop guys defending him after the fact his partner already said the car didnt have a rod knock. Now Im not too smart with cars but before a cam change wouldnt lifters be changed first? And the next time someone "recomends" a head gasket change tell them to compression test it. Duncan and hiddn should know this... Well unless they like to throw parts at cars instead of diagnose?

Posts: 60 | From: cummings sisters | Registered: Jan 2010  |  :
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
WOW N8 is a stand up guy so coming from him this shit is serious. Not like i would ever have anyone else work on my stuff but now i know who i shouldn't recommend possibly.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

Yaterstang
¯
Member # 7659

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yaterstang  Ford pictures for Yaterstang  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you cant do the work yourself, I've found that its better to not recruit some shithead that talks a good game. Its usually better to bring it to a licensed mechanic instead of getting hack job work for mexican wages. If someone paid me chump change for the work I do, I wouldnt give a goddamn about how I did it. I would only give a goddamn how quick I can get that money to move on to the next sucker.
essasin
¯
Member # 4741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for essasin  Ford pictures for essasin    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hope you guys come to an amicable solution. In my opinion there should always be a direct line of communication otherwise it just comes off really shady.
50Reasons
¯
Member # 6452

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50Reasons  Ford pictures for 50Reasons    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Bet ya it's a lifter going out it will sound like a rod knock untill it goes all the way then it will sound like a dead hole but what he did was like a coward, man up, and fix his car

--------------------
50Reasons Car Club President
Daniel/50Reasons
http://youtu.be/n_UkDg_F4MQ
https://youtu.be/066xRvxKy-g

Posts: 9483 | From: Sacramento Ca | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
06Xrunner
¯
Member # 6992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 06Xrunner  Ford pictures for 06Xrunner  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by N8:

06 X-runner didnt he give you part of your money back?

Well when he first responded to my post he said he would but within a few minutes of him saying that he edited the post and deleted what he said about sending me part of my money back... So nope I never got anything back from him. It was my Mothers car that he replaced the heater core in and now her heater doesn't work for shit because it doesn't switch off of defrost, its not hot anymore, her dash squeaks, and it stinks of antifreeze inside when you turn the heater on. The whole situation really pisses me off! I heard good things about him (despite my apprehension because of his horrible grammar) and liked the price so I went for it. I will NEVER make that mistake again! Next time I will just do it on my own or get someone reputable to do it. I've done it plenty of times before but was feeling lazy and didn't want to mess with it, lesson learned!

--------------------
01 Black GT 526WHP sold
2012 5.0 GT 625WHP sold
1984 Buick G/N Built and boosting...

Posts: 2124 | From: Chico, Ca | Registered: Aug 2006  |  :

Page: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  9  10  11   
Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com