Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Project Coyote Notch (Page 5)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...  17  18  19   
Author Topic: Project Coyote Notch
JohnCM
CAFords OG
Member # 1076

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnCM  Ford pictures for JohnCM    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If I ever win the lottery I'm going to dedicate 1 year of my life to being like RRRCobraSC281 and building one of the cleanest coyote swap foxbodys ever. [patriot]
Posts: 3545 | From: Roseville | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
RRRCobraSC281
¯
Member # 7086

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RRRCobraSC281  Ford pictures for RRRCobraSC281    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
After cutting the hole in the hood and started looking at the CDC Shaker kit, I realized that I'm using the fox/SN95 washer fluid bottle and will not be able to use the stock air box. Will have to go with a conical filter and a smog approved intake pipe.

I was on the fence on it anyways. And after seeing pics of the shaker on coyote engine bay you really don't see much of what identifies a coyote engine. So a friend dropped his hood to have done the same way for his Mach swap notch. Looks like everything is going to work out.

Engine bay is almost done sanding. Just a few spots left. Friday I'll be heading to the painters to have them pick up my car.

--------------------
Project 93GT500 has started
90 Coyote Coupe (sold)
88 Mach 1 Coupe MM&FF 6/14 (sold)
65 FFR Cobra (sold)

Posts: 1746 | From: Fremont, CA | Registered: Sep 2006  |  :
9cobrasvt8
¯
Member # 11078

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9cobrasvt8  Ford pictures for 9cobrasvt8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Anything new?

--------------------
2013 Grabber blue coyote
1996 cobra
1996 gt h/c/i and gears
1998 cobra vert
1998 gt h/c/i
1997 gt blown

Posts: 1519 | From: under the hood | Registered: Jul 2011  |  :
RRRCobraSC281
¯
Member # 7086

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RRRCobraSC281  Ford pictures for RRRCobraSC281    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Waiting on a painter to pick up the car. Been ready since Wednesday. Going to have 90GTSleeper paint the car.

The original guy that I was going to paint the car got an unexpected delivery of trucks to repair and paint so he's booked.

Was going to give BMC of San Leandro a call if 90GTSleeper don't follow through. They actually have their shit together and do really nice work. Painted the new bumper on my 300c.

Made some last minute changes.

After putting the front suspension on and the wheel, I wanted to see how much clearance I had at full compression of the springs and the steering wheel turned to the left all the way. Well before I got to about 1 1/2" to the fender lip it hit the inner apron that I extended. I was gonna leave it, and put a shim on the steering rack to limit the amount that I could turn to the left Then I thought about turning left into an incline and the wheel rubbing will drive me nuts, so I placed the brake booster back in to see how much clearance I had and decided that it would be best to make clearance for the wheel and will used some Gorilla tape to keep road grime from going into the engine compartment and remove it during shows. With the brake booster in, wheel turned all the way to the left and springs fully compressed to where it touches the fender lip, it barely touches the brake booster.

-

[ 2015-02-27, 01:07 AM: Message edited by: RRRCobraSC281 ]

--------------------
90 Coyote Coupe (sold)
65 FFR Cobra (sold)

90GTSleeepr
¯
Member # 9609

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90GTSleeepr  Ford pictures for 90GTSleeepr    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
She's comin to sac tomarro Gona be a great build post the color

--------------------
Jon Plummer 916-410-6269 aka 90GTSleeepr aka arrowdetail@hotmail.com aka Nicetwiceautoresto@gmail.com Wanted for business scams

RRRCobraSC281
¯
Member # 7086

quote:
Originally posted by 90GTSleeepr:
She's comin to sac tomarro Gona be a great build post the color

You're welcome to post progress pics on the paint here.

Let's get'r done!

--------------------
90 Coyote Coupe (sold)
65 FFR Cobra (sold)

RRRCobraSC281
¯
Member # 7086

Just some update pics.

Getting the doors and rear quarters all straight.

-
 -

RRRCobraSC281
¯
Member # 7086

It's been awhile since that last update, and not much has been relayed to me as far as progress until today. Finally got first coat of primer in the engine bay. And the ETA was said by the painter "March 30th +/- a couple days". [Roll Eyes] Only time will tell.
 -

I thought I was getting the car last weekend, but that obviously isn't happening. And with the final date somewhat revised and sort of set in stone, I've decided to work on the little things like refirbishing the side view mirrors and the rear tail light housing for a spare set. Probably freshen up the quarter windows while i'm at it.

Here's the products I'm using.
 -

After giving them a scrub down, and 1 set was almost thrown away it was so hidious. But with some 80 grit and a lot of time, I was able to sand the ugly out of it.
 -

1st coat of primer
 -

-

Now after their 1st wet sand, they are ready for a final coat of primer
 -

[ 2015-03-18, 05:12 PM: Message edited by: RRRCobraSC281 ]

--------------------
90 Coyote Coupe (sold)
65 FFR Cobra (sold)

adower
¯
Member # 5955

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for adower  Ford pictures for adower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Is the painter not holding up on his end? He has a bunch of reviews I think In the vendor section.

--------------------
98 Cobra
Griggs
S Trim
HRE

i
¯
Member # 12534

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for i  Ford pictures for i    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Off topic question what gun do you use to primer? Pretty soon I'm doing my engine bay.

--------------------
86 Caged Coupe 5.0
91 Salvaged Coupe

Posts: 1901 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Nov 2012  |  :
RRRCobraSC281
¯
Member # 7086

quote:
Originally posted by adower:
Is the painter not holding up on his end? He has a bunch of reviews I think In the vendor section.

I can sympathize with him in a way. Because to keep doing it at a high level day in and day out, your body will shut down. I know I did. Once the car was off to paint I was going to work on the 93 Mustang and rebuild the tranny... Well I really didn't do shit for an entire week.

The other guy was going to have it done in a week but that's working on it everyday and with 2 people. He said 2 week was doable, but there was some details that needed taken care of and that may have slowed things down, but I estimated 3 weeks, but now were are aproaching 4 and we now have primer in the engine compartment.

With painter's, it's gonna take as long as it's gonna take. Just how it is.

--------------------
90 Coyote Coupe (sold)
65 FFR Cobra (sold)

RRRCobraSC281
¯
Member # 7086

quote:
Originally posted by i:
Off topic question what gun do you use to primer? Pretty soon I'm doing my engine bay.

How viscous the primer will influence the nozzle size of the gun you will be using. Probably going to use a 2 part primer. Put it through the gun and adjust with reducers and nozzle settings. Try it on a practice piece and see how it flows. I've painted small parts for 6 years and used a detail gun, but also used quart gun for doing Saleen ground effects back in the days.

--------------------
90 Coyote Coupe (sold)
65 FFR Cobra (sold)

NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
So you're trying to get this for the Fabulous Fords show? Hope you get it painted soon because you got a lot of work ahead.

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1986 Hatch- catfish killer
1964 Impala hard top

Posts: 18528 | From: EA$T $IDE REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
RRRCobraSC281
¯
Member # 7086

When I get it from paint I will go as hard as I can, but if it don't make it to the show, then there's aways another car show. I'm not gonna cut corners to make it, that's for sure.

Just need it to run, brakes/headlights/tailights working and driver seat with seat belt. The interior and striping can wait.

--------------------
90 Coyote Coupe (sold)
65 FFR Cobra (sold)

Blue92
¯
Member # 8789

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue92  Ford pictures for Blue92    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Nice build. Attention to detail is impressive. On page 3 you showed the dash panel mocked up as the vin plate held it up higher. You get that handled? Curious to see how that looks now.
RRRCobraSC281
¯
Member # 7086

quote:
Originally posted by Blue92:
Nice build. Attention to detail is impressive. On page 3 you showed the dash panel mocked up as the vin plate held it up higher. You get that handled? Curious to see how that looks now.

It's come down a bit, but there is going to be a lot of hope that the black out on the window will make it look right. And I'm hoping that I cut it back enough that the window will set properly.

Crossing my fingers.

--------------------
90 Coyote Coupe (sold)
65 FFR Cobra (sold)

RRRCobraSC281
¯
Member # 7086

A little update.
Has it's first coat of primer...
 -
 -
 -
 -

--------------------
90 Coyote Coupe (sold)
65 FFR Cobra (sold)

NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Nice that you got progress but I thought I was going to open a thread with a green fox in it. Can't wait to see it all done up!

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1964 Impala hard top

RRRCobraSC281
¯
Member # 7086

quote:
Originally posted by NEIGHT:
Nice that you got progress but I thought I was going to open a thread with a green fox in it. Can't wait to see it all done up!

When I got there they were working on a laser red vert. But what I hear I'm not the only one waiting on their cars to be done. Hopefully the finish product is worth all the hype and wait.
i
¯
Member # 12534

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for i  Ford pictures for i    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by RRRCobraSC281:
quote:

When I got there they were working on a laser red vert. But what I hear I'm not the only one waiting on their cars to be done. Hopefully the finish product is worth all the hype and wait.
Can't wait till its done

--------------------
86 Caged Coupe 5.0
91 Salvaged Coupe

Stang66
¯
Member # 10504

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stang66  Ford pictures for Stang66    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by i:
quote:
Originally posted by RRRCobraSC281:
quote:

Can't wait till its done
Same here, was there any issues with the IRS I sold you?

--------------------
1966 Ford Mustang
1990 Notchback
1975 Pontiac Trans Am 400ci

NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Any updates?

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1964 Impala hard top

i
¯
Member # 12534

quote:
Any updates?

+2 P.S How did you remove view mirrors from the mirror housing?
CoyoteMaster
¯
Member # 13680

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CoyoteMaster  Ford pictures for CoyoteMaster    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Any pics and updates?

--------------------
2013coyote_5.0
93mach1(sold)
32vfoxx(sold)
Coyoteswapnotch

LXjames
¯
Member # 10791

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LXjames  Ford pictures for LXjames    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What's the deal with this painter of yours? Does he not keep a schedule? [Mad] [BS flag]

--------------------
On Point Motorsport prez.
King Lx

Posts: 4761 | From: Pittsburg CA | Registered: Mar 2011  |  :

Page: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...  17  18  19   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com