Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Project Coyote Notch (Page 3)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  17  18  19   
Author Topic: Project Coyote Notch
RRRCobraSC281
¯
Member # 7086

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RRRCobraSC281  Ford pictures for RRRCobraSC281    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Here's what it looks like now. Still working on patching things up around the brake booster area. And deciding to incorporate that engine noise enhancing tube thingamajiggy. Some of you guys will know what I'm talking about.

-

[ 2014-12-12, 09:37 PM: Message edited by: RRRCobraSC281 ]

--------------------
Project 93GT500 has started
90 Coyote Coupe (sold)
88 Mach 1 Coupe MM&FF 6/14 (sold)
65 FFR Cobra (sold)

Posts: 1746 | From: Fremont, CA | Registered: Sep 2006  |  :
diablounicorn
¯
Member # 13033

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for diablounicorn  Ford pictures for diablounicorn    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Wish I had your skills, nice build.
50Reasons
¯
Member # 6452

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50Reasons  Ford pictures for 50Reasons    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by RRRCobraSC281:
Here's what it looks like now. Still working on patching things up around the brake booster area. And deciding to incorporate that engine noise enhancing tube thingamajiggy. Some of you guys will know what I'm talking about.

-

Do you think the engine noise tube thingy will be needed if the cab is not as sound tight as the new GTs . just wondering, great update so far..

--------------------
50Reasons Car Club President
Daniel/50Reasons
http://youtu.be/n_UkDg_F4MQ
https://youtu.be/066xRvxKy-g

Posts: 9483 | From: Sacramento Ca | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
RRRCobraSC281
¯
Member # 7086

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RRRCobraSC281  Ford pictures for RRRCobraSC281    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Right now just not leave any stones unturned. I'm leaning towards not using it just to not clutter the engine bay with unnecessary stuff. I'm planning to install some electricity c controls l cutouts for the exhaust. More than enough exhaust sound to get my fix in.

[ 2014-12-13, 11:11 PM: Message edited by: RRRCobraSC281 ]

4 CAM FOX
¯
Member # 11891

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 4 CAM FOX  Ford pictures for 4 CAM FOX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Did you weld the scott rod panels over the existing sheet metal?

--------------------
"The clutch is on the left. Gas on the right."
"What's this one in the middle?"
"It's for pussies."

RRRCobraSC281
¯
Member # 7086

quote:
Originally posted by Stanced Stang:
Did you weld the scott rod panels over the existing sheet metal?

Yes I welded over the existing panels.

--------------------
90 Coyote Coupe (sold)
65 FFR Cobra (sold)

RRRCobraSC281
¯
Member # 7086

So far I've completed the sheet metal around the brake booster. Rewelded some more pieces on the driver strut tower to make clearance for the master cylinder. Since I'm keeping the wipers functioning I have no real clean place to put a remote brake fluid reservior. So the best thing to do is to make room for the booster and MC like factory.

-
 -

Also welded back the cowl panel and welded in part of the S197 cowl where the pedal assembly bolts to. Also test fit the AC/heater unit and made some modifications to the cowl also.
 -
 -

[ 2014-12-30, 12:38 AM: Message edited by: RRRCobraSC281 ]

--------------------
90 Coyote Coupe (sold)
65 FFR Cobra (sold)

RRRCobraSC281
¯
Member # 7086

Also started trimming the dash.
 -
Have to trim the dash brackets and eventually reweld them closer to the a-post.
 -
 -
 -
The dash may look a little high but it's the VIN plate that's holding it up about 3/4" higher than where its gonna be.

[ 2014-12-30, 12:45 AM: Message edited by: RRRCobraSC281 ]

--------------------
90 Coyote Coupe (sold)
65 FFR Cobra (sold)

ISP89LX
¯
Member # 8949

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ISP89LX  Ford pictures for ISP89LX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Great job Robert, I remember the Mach 1 notch and now this bad boy. You always go above and beyond and never fail to surprise me. You got a lot of talent man, thanks for sharing this build with us. Keep the pics coming 👍

--------------------
89LX
Turbo50built!!!
Wait, he jacked my shit!!!
"Dan will make It rite" THIEF!

Posts: 2997 | From: Nowhere to be found. | Registered: Feb 2009  |  :
RRRCobraSC281
¯
Member # 7086

quote:
Originally posted by ISP89LX:
Great job Robert, I remember the Mach 1 notch and now this bad boy. You always go above and beyond and never fail to surprise me. You got a lot of talent man, thanks for sharing this build with us. Keep the pics coming 👍

Someone asked me I should do a Mod swap to sell and make a living. Hell No! Once I'm done with this, I'm done. I mean it nice to do new things and learn from it, but this project has taken me 5 months so far and it's definitely not something I'd do to put food on the table. It's a hobbie/habit. Fun to do once because it challenges the mind, but once it's done, it's just work...

If there is anything you see that you want more detail on, let me know. I'm posting relevant pics for the most part.

--------------------
90 Coyote Coupe (sold)
65 FFR Cobra (sold)

SnakeForce
¯
Member # 9313

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SnakeForce  Ford pictures for SnakeForce    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Project is looking great,keep us updated let me know if you ever need help

--------------------
03 tangelo Snake
03 f150 harley Davidson

RRRCobraSC281
¯
Member # 7086

today I started to prep the brackets for the dash mount on the A-post. Here's some pics of how i'm doing mine.

First I used a hole saw to cut 1" holes with 60mm centers. This was done so that I could lay the dash mount nuts from the S197 right on top and weld in position.
 -

Here's a pic of the dash mount nuts that were transferred from the S197 to the foxbody.
 -

Here's what it looks like all welded up. I also welded some 8mm flange nuts on the bottom. I like them better than those nut clips. I also drilled out the hole for the locating pin.
 -

And here's a pic of the brackets that were cut off the dash earlier bolted in were they should be. The locating pin was cut shorter, so that only 1/2" was sticking out. Next is to put the dash in and get it leveled. Then weld the brackets to the dash. Making the dash officially modified for the foxbody.
 -

Same was done on the driver side.
 -

[ 2015-01-03, 09:39 PM: Message edited by: RRRCobraSC281 ]

--------------------
90 Coyote Coupe (sold)
65 FFR Cobra (sold)

BAD ASS 5.HO
¯
Member # 10947

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BAD ASS 5.HO  Ford pictures for BAD ASS 5.HO    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Great update keep it coming

--------------------
98 boosted/stroked cobra
98 rio red cobra

50Reasons
¯
Member # 6452

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50Reasons  Ford pictures for 50Reasons    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Wow just wow the attention to detail and all the work going into this car not to mention the detailed write up on this beast .. A build I am religiously following...

--------------------
50Reasons Car Club President
Daniel/50Reasons
http://youtu.be/n_UkDg_F4MQ
https://youtu.be/066xRvxKy-g

Posts: 9483 | From: Sacramento Ca | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
RRRCobraSC281
¯
Member # 7086

This morning I started working on modifiying the fenders to 91-93 spec. I know that its probably not worth the trouble to do this, but I just don't want any issues with tire rubbing. Believe me I've tried my best to find 91-93 fenders. The ones I find are in worst shape than the ones that came on the car.

I also took the Mach 1 seat bottom and the S197 Seat bottom to King Kovers in Hayward. They are going to make a new cover matching the look of the S197 to the frame work and foam of the SN95 seat bottom. Can't wait to see how they turn out.

-

Here's a pic before I drilled the new holes from my template.
 -

[ 2015-01-12, 09:08 PM: Message edited by: RRRCobraSC281 ]

--------------------
90 Coyote Coupe (sold)
65 FFR Cobra (sold)

LXjames
¯
Member # 10791

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LXjames  Ford pictures for LXjames    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by RRRCobraSC281:
This morning I started working on modifiying the fenders to 91-93 spec. I know that its probably not worth the trouble to do this, but I just don't want any issues with tire rubbing. Believe me I've tried my best to find 91-93 fenders. The ones I find are in worst shape than the ones that came on the car.

I also took the Mach 1 seat bottom and the S197 Seat bottom to King Kovers in Hayward. They are going to make a new cover matching the look of the S197 to the frame work and foam of the SN95 seat bottom. Can't wait to see how they turn out.

-

It's the little things your documenting that make this project a great one. Anyone can dump new fenders on but to know how to modify them or just leant the craft is better! Keep it up man! Great work. Also where did you learn to weld? Looking to learn soon

--------------------
On Point Motorsport prez.
King Lx

Posts: 4761 | From: Pittsburg CA | Registered: Mar 2011  |  :
RRRCobraSC281
¯
Member # 7086

quote:
Originally posted by LXjames:
It's the little things your documenting that make this project a great one. Anyone can dump new fenders on but to know how to modify them or just leant the craft is better! Keep it up man! Great work. Also where did you learn to weld? Looking to learn soon

Working at NUMMI on 3rd shift I worked along a friend who by trade was a welder. I showed me some pointers. I got moved the 2nd shift and eventually was designated the emergency repair welder on most of the major equiptment, since not too many people had the nads to actually rush and weld shit together and call it fixed.

Now that was almost 5-13 years ago. Now my biggest problem is being able to see. I admit that my vision isn't as sharp as it used to be.

Finished some loose ends on front floors.
 -

[ 2015-01-12, 10:36 PM: Message edited by: RRRCobraSC281 ]

--------------------
90 Coyote Coupe (sold)
65 FFR Cobra (sold)

RRRCobraSC281
¯
Member # 7086

Now to work on the rear trans tunnel. I've patched up the large holes from the mismatch of the new and the old rear floor. Just need to clean it up more so that it doesn't become a trap for road grime.

-

[ 2015-01-18, 10:22 PM: Message edited by: RRRCobraSC281 ]

--------------------
90 Coyote Coupe (sold)
65 FFR Cobra (sold)

RRRCobraSC281
¯
Member # 7086

Well this weekend I've decided to smooth out the fender antenna hole and mount the antenna at the rear like the coyote Mustangs. This is more for simplifying the wiring of the antenna since theirs are located in the passenger rear.

-
Also got my rear seat bottoms from King Kovers. Here is a pic of what I intended to do with them. But issues with the the gap between seat back and bottom plus how rigid the seat frame was that for it to be flush with the quarter trim I would have to trim part of the wheel well and....basically a lot of work for maybe not much gain. I have a couple options though.

I'm planning on having King Kovers to make a new seat cover for the seat back on either the Mach 1 (SN95) seat or the Fox Seat back.

The fox seat would be pretty straight forward. Just cover the seat like they did for the bottom.
For the Mach 1 seat it's a bit more involved because its 2 halves and the latching device for the fold down part, plus the extend it out about 2" on each side and square off the top corners more.

I think this is gonna be my first poll question for this forum. Which should I do the fox seat back or the split seat SN95?
 -
 -

[ 2015-01-17, 11:36 PM: Message edited by: RRRCobraSC281 ]

--------------------
90 Coyote Coupe (sold)
65 FFR Cobra (sold)

VENOMUS PONY 5.0
¯
Member # 7785

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for VENOMUS PONY 5.0  Ford pictures for VENOMUS PONY 5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
1st pic those headrests matching the fronts will look killer.

[ 2015-01-18, 08:49 AM: Message edited by: VENOMUS PONY 5.0 ]

--------------------
If You Want More Inches - Stroke It!!!
Mystery stang in the works..

NorCalRydaz
¯
Member # 3233

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NorCalRydaz  Ford pictures for NorCalRydaz    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by VENOMUS PONY 5.0:
1st pic those headrests matching the fronts will look killer.

+1
RRRCobraSC281
¯
Member # 7086

You guys are killing me. I was hoping to use the Mach 1 seats and have them recovered like the seat bottoms, But you guys are right. It would be worth it to get them S197 seat backs in there. The head rest would be a dead give a way that there is more to the Coupe than meets the eye.
 -
Spent most of my day trying to figure out how I'm going to mount the rear seat backs. Started trimming some of the S197 rear deck that I saved and got it about where I want it. While taking a break I decided to shave the front antenna and install the S197 antenna.
For those who plan to do this, dont do what I did. Make the hole about 5/16" further back. There is a support layer that will prevent the antenna plate to sit flush which will require some trimming and more work.
Will have to cut a new slot in the aluminum antenna plate so you can rotate the actual antenna 180 degrees around. This is for clearance issues with internal supports in that area of the quarter panels.

-
 -

[ 2015-01-18, 10:37 PM: Message edited by: RRRCobraSC281 ]

--------------------
90 Coyote Coupe (sold)
65 FFR Cobra (sold)

RRRCobraSC281
¯
Member # 7086

So far what I have done for the rear seat latches and seat belt mounts.

-
 -
 -

--------------------
90 Coyote Coupe (sold)
65 FFR Cobra (sold)

9cobrasvt8
¯
Member # 11078

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9cobrasvt8  Ford pictures for 9cobrasvt8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I wish i had half the amount of skills you have man, this is badass, cant wait for the finished product. What do you plan to do with it when you are finished?

--------------------
2013 Grabber blue coyote
1996 cobra
1996 gt h/c/i and gears
1998 cobra vert
1998 gt h/c/i
1997 gt blown

Posts: 1519 | From: under the hood | Registered: Jul 2011  |  :
FobraJay
¯
Member # 13344

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FobraJay  Ford pictures for FobraJay    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 9cobrasvt8:
I wish i had half the amount of skills you have man, this is badass, cant wait for the finished product. What do you plan to do with it when you are finished?

+1 [patriot]

--------------------
1984 Mustang
1986 Mustang GT
1989 Mustang Coupe
2001 ZY SlowBra

Posts: 217 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Dec 2013  |  :

Page: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  17  18  19   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com