Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Project Coyote Notch (Page 17)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  ...  14  15  16  17  18  19   
Author Topic: Project Coyote Notch
RRRCobraSC281
¯
Member # 7086

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RRRCobraSC281  Ford pictures for RRRCobraSC281    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Spent the weekend aligning stuff. Looks like for it to be perfect the hood needs to be trimmed a little. But good enough to move forward.

Here's what it looks like so far.

This week, plans are to get the driveshaft installed, exhaust installed and bleed the brakes.

-

-

-

Posts: 1746 | From: Fremont, CA | Registered: Sep 2006  |  :
JohnCM
CAFords OG
Member # 1076

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnCM  Ford pictures for JohnCM    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[worship]
Posts: 3545 | From: Roseville | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
93 interceptor
¯
Member # 9457

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93 interceptor  Ford pictures for 93 interceptor    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
One hell of a build man [worship]

--------------------
1993 Ex-chp
" Drive it till da wheels FALL OFF and then SOME!!!

LXjames
¯
Member # 10791

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LXjames  Ford pictures for LXjames    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Oh shit Robert got his 1000 dollar driveshaft! How's the noodles and yogurt diet treating you? Lol

--------------------
On Point Motorsport prez.
King Lx

Posts: 4761 | From: Pittsburg CA | Registered: Mar 2011  |  :
RRRCobraSC281
¯
Member # 7086

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RRRCobraSC281  Ford pictures for RRRCobraSC281    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by LXjames:
Oh shit Robert got his 1000 dollar driveshaft! How's the noodles and yogurt diet treating you? Lol

Yogurt isn't all that cheap. Plus, wasn't really serious about cutting back on food expense. I gots ta maintain, and feed the machine....lol.

--------------------
Project 93GT500 has started
90 Coyote Coupe (sold)
88 Mach 1 Coupe MM&FF 6/14 (sold)
65 FFR Cobra (sold)

88DroptopGT
¯
Member # 2535

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 88DroptopGT  Ford pictures for 88DroptopGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Pull up with this notch people gonna trip out like they saw Slimer from Ghostbusters..

-

NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sumbitch. [worship]

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1986 Hatch- catfish killer
1964 Impala hard top

Posts: 18528 | From: EA$T $IDE REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
Marks93
¯
Member # 11130

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marks93  Ford pictures for Marks93    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Fantastic build. Love the custom hood prop!! [worship]
RRRCobraSC281
¯
Member # 7086

quote:
Originally posted by Marks93:
Fantastic build. Love the custom hood prop!! [worship]

Looks like I'm gonna still use that prop rod. Damn MRT hood struts just can't stay erect. LateModelRestoration is sending me replacements, even though I ordered them back in February 2015.

[ 2016-01-12, 05:07 PM: Message edited by: RRRCobraSC281 ]

--------------------
90 Coyote Coupe (sold)
65 FFR Cobra (sold)

RRRCobraSC281
¯
Member # 7086

Well, I've been working on the window motors off and on for a week now and it seems that there's a motor rotation sensor on the cuircut board inside the power motor housing. I'm now in search of the passenger side power window motor because I need the motor attached to the housing. The way I'm going to wire it is going to be like the one on the left.

-

Also working on putting steering rack limiters. This can work for power steering racks as well. These flaming river steering racks are aftermarket and allow the wheels to turn further than stock which is a problem. Made these spacers out of 1" pvc pipe. My proto type was on the larger side (7). I made 6 more in varying smaller sizes.

-

LXjames
¯
Member # 10791

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LXjames  Ford pictures for LXjames    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Robert are you gonna be running the side trim?

--------------------
On Point Motorsport prez.
King Lx

Posts: 4761 | From: Pittsburg CA | Registered: Mar 2011  |  :
RRRCobraSC281
¯
Member # 7086

quote:
Originally posted by LXjames:
Robert are you gonna be running the side trim?

Yes after I get the doors lined up better. Want to wait until I get sub frames welded in and the car on its wheels. Then make sure that all the doors are lined up, then install the side trim. It will probably be one of last the last things I do.
50Reasons
¯
Member # 6452

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50Reasons  Ford pictures for 50Reasons    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I gotta say the attention to detail in your project is great.. I cans say that this is a thread I look forward to when clicking on this site [worship]

--------------------
50Reasons Car Club President
Daniel/50Reasons
http://youtu.be/n_UkDg_F4MQ
https://youtu.be/066xRvxKy-g

Posts: 9483 | From: Sacramento Ca | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
RRRCobraSC281
¯
Member # 7086

Thanks 50reasons. Glad someone finds this interesting.
RRRCobraSC281
¯
Member # 7086

Solved the dome light mystery. It seems that the 1 ground I didn't attach on the driver see was the culprit. Once it was securely fastened the dome light worked as it should.

Worked on the power mirrors today. Almost straight forward. But of course nothing it easy with this build. The up/down worked as it should, but the left/right was backwards. I needed to reverse the wiring to the 1 motor. But of course, wires were not used here.
Sorry about getting ahead of myself and not taking a true before pic.
 -

Here is what it looks like after I rearranged the power grid for the left/right motor.
 -

Here what it looks like with the everything wired up on the driver side, minus the door speaker.
 -

[ 2016-01-17, 12:19 AM: Message edited by: RRRCobraSC281 ]

--------------------
90 Coyote Coupe (sold)
65 FFR Cobra (sold)

CoyoteMaster
¯
Member # 13680

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CoyoteMaster  Ford pictures for CoyoteMaster    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Is the window gona go up when u shut the door like mine dose is? N crack down when u open the door?

--------------------
2013coyote_5.0
93mach1(sold)
32vfoxx(sold)
Coyoteswapnotch

RRRCobraSC281
¯
Member # 7086

quote:
Originally posted by CoyoteMaster:
Is the window gona go up when u shut the door like mine dose is? N crack down when u open the door?

I have the wire from that disconnected. So no, it doesn't pulse down and up when opening or closing the door.
RRRCobraSC281
¯
Member # 7086

Last few weeks been trying to find reasons why the car won't turn over, and found that the PCM relay coil isn't coming on. I suspect it's a PATS issue. Went to the local Ford service department and they have told me that it is very likely that it will need to be retrained, since the battery was disconnected for over a year. Taking the car to have them reprogram PATS this coming Monday. Hopefully that's it and I'll be able to finish up the exhaust and take it to BAR ref and get it certified California smog compliant.

--------------------
90 Coyote Coupe (sold)
65 FFR Cobra (sold)

venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for venomous99  Ford pictures for venomous99    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by RRRCobraSC281:
Last few weeks been trying to find reasons why the car won't turn over, and found that the PCM relay coil isn't coming on. I suspect it's a PATS issue. Went to the local Ford service department and they have told me that it is very likely that it will need to be retrained, since the battery was disconnected for over a year. Taking the car to have them reprogram PATS this coming Monday. Hopefully that's it and I'll be able to finish up the exhaust and take it to BAR ref and get it certified California smog compliant.

man cant wait to see your car done..its gone a long way. one of the baddest cars documented on here.

--------------------
MKII Q7
89LX

NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by RRRCobraSC281:

Smog legal coyote swapped fox? [worship] [worship] [worship] [worship]
Question is, how much? So I can start saving my pennies.

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1986 Hatch- catfish killer
1964 Impala hard top

Posts: 18528 | From: EA$T $IDE REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
93 interceptor
¯
Member # 9457

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93 interceptor  Ford pictures for 93 interceptor    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Any updates?

--------------------
1993 Ex-chp
" Drive it till da wheels FALL OFF and then SOME!!!

RRRCobraSC281
¯
Member # 7086

quote:
Originally posted by 93 interceptor:
Any updates?

PATS has been re-taught. 2nd key made. Car sounds tough. AC system charged.
Making transition pieces for the S197 H-pipe to SN95 cat-backs. Did note that there is a very small leak on the AC low pressure hard line were it was shortened and welded back together.

Will take care of it when I have my buddy weld the full length sub frames.

Gonna investigate why the park light lights up when I use the turn signals. It's not noticeable when the park/head lights are on. But that kinda stuff bugs me.

And next week Thursday I'll have a temporary permit so I can present the car to the BAR referee. So far no check engine light.

After driving it around the dealership and loading it on and off the trailer, I'm rethinking the manual steering rack. It sucks not having power steering.

[ 2016-02-16, 11:48 PM: Message edited by: RRRCobraSC281 ]

--------------------
90 Coyote Coupe (sold)
65 FFR Cobra (sold)

50Reasons
¯
Member # 6452

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50Reasons  Ford pictures for 50Reasons    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Any pics of it completed ?

--------------------
50Reasons Car Club President
Daniel/50Reasons
http://youtu.be/n_UkDg_F4MQ
https://youtu.be/066xRvxKy-g

Posts: 9483 | From: Sacramento Ca | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
RRRCobraSC281
¯
Member # 7086

quote:
Originally posted by 50Reasons:
Any pics of it completed ?

I'll post pics when I'm done getting it to BAR.

--------------------
90 Coyote Coupe (sold)
65 FFR Cobra (sold)

coupe5oh
¯
Member # 10411

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for coupe5oh  Ford pictures for coupe5oh    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Just saw you on 880 North, car looks great!

--------------------
R.I.P Willie Guzman (5ltrsvt)
96 4.6- H/C/I 5.3 LS swap
95 5.0- SOLD
94 5.0- SOLD

Page: 1  2  3  ...  14  15  16  17  18  19   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com