Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Project Coyote Notch (Page 16)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  ...  13  14  15  16  17  18  19   
Author Topic: Project Coyote Notch
351w
¯
Member # 11875

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 351w  Ford pictures for 351w    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If the wheels are the same weight I'd run 1 set on the passenger side and one set on the drivers side, you can't ever see both sides of the car at the same time without a mirror. By the way I love how you have the hood hinges and cups black, it's subtle attention to detail like those that make an engine bay look great.
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Wow! Awesome workmanship!

As for wheels, I'd choose A if those were the only two options...but as much time and effort you're putting into that car, it deserves WAY better wheels! Why not some real BBS, CCW, or TF wheels?

[ 2015-11-19, 05:03 PM: Message edited by: SydeWaySix ]

--------------------
2013 Boss 302 #356. Performance White. Stock.
1965 Fastback GT Restored to stock spec.

RRRCobraSC281
¯
Member # 7086

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RRRCobraSC281  Ford pictures for RRRCobraSC281    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SydeWaySix:
Wow! Awesome workmanship!

As for wheels, I'd choose A if those were the only two options...but as much time and effort you're putting into that car, it deserves WAY better wheels! Why not some real BBS, CCW, or TF wheels?

Lack of funds. If the car is good enough to make it in a mustang magazine then I might get a loan for a nice set of rims.

[ 2015-11-19, 07:04 PM: Message edited by: RRRCobraSC281 ]

Posts: 1746 | From: Fremont, CA | Registered: Sep 2006  |  :
Black 02 SS
¯
Member # 5939

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Black 02 SS  Ford pictures for Black 02 SS    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have a set of CCW Classics in 5x114 but they are in Supra/SC offset. Slim chance it would fit your rear especially since they're 18x11 with 295s or you could have my set for almost half of what I paid for wheels & tires [Frown]

--------------------
Schwinn 18speed

RRRCobraSC281
¯
Member # 7086

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RRRCobraSC281  Ford pictures for RRRCobraSC281    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Right now, I'm saving up for a custom DSS driveshaft. Which is like $900. Been collecting a lot of cans and eating in with cup-a-noodle soup. Willing to do side jobs. LOL
STREETFIGHTER50
¯
Member # 2973

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for STREETFIGHTER50  Ford pictures for STREETFIGHTER50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Such a bad ass car! Awesome work man. BTW I like "A" wheels better. Spokes look much nicer/cleaner. Flat black looks more aggressive, but u can get that with plastidip.
Posts: 3925 | From: SF Bay Coastin' to Rocklin | Registered: Jun 2003  |  :
STREETFIGHTER50
¯
Member # 2973

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for STREETFIGHTER50  Ford pictures for STREETFIGHTER50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
When ur car is done bring it to Apex Race Parts & get the perfect wheel/tire combo fitted on there. Much cheaper than the TF, CCW stuff, but still very nice wheels.

--------------------
'89 Coupe-Kurgan Tuned 498/491RW, Vortech SI, 351W

Posts: 3925 | From: SF Bay Coastin' to Rocklin | Registered: Jun 2003  |  :
ashyers
¯
Member # 9382

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ashyers  Ford pictures for ashyers    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Great thread! Thanks for taking the time to take photos and post 'em.
Posts: 74 | From: oakland/san leandro | Registered: Aug 2009  |  :
CoyoteMike
¯
Member # 13748

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CoyoteMike  Ford pictures for CoyoteMike  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I hope to see this beast in person one day.

--------------------
Racist, bigot Michael Ford / Mike Ford aka FiveOhMike of 2039 XXXXXXXy XXX Livermore, CA 94551, DOB Nov 3X, 1980 925-XXX-6667 and Director at Midokura Corp has been banned for continual threats of violence against other members, half a dozen fake accounts, lying to police to implicate CAFords and other shameful acts of revealing character. He is reported to be well armed and regularly spotted at the Dublin/Pleasanton BART station.

--------
2013 GT 5.0 Coupe
2014 Focus ST
2015 Buick LaCrosse Premium

Posts: 580 | From: Livermore, CA | Registered: Sep 2014  |  :
Saleenssc14
¯
Member # 7791

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Saleenssc14  Ford pictures for Saleenssc14    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Any more updates??

--------------------
Carlos Munoz

Posts: 1156 | From: Union City | Registered: Jul 2007  |  :
RRRCobraSC281
¯
Member # 7086

Well what I'm doing right now isn't all that exciting to post. Done modified the tank and the vapor lines associated with the fuel tank and filler neck. So tank is installed. Straightened out all the 2013 brake lines so to make it easy to bend them where I need them bent for the Foxbody. So the ABS module and all the brake lines are done except for the one that goes to the passenger front brakes.

This weekend I hope to have the brake lines done and the rearend installed so I can do final measurements and get the drive shaft built.

Fuel and vapor lines from the engine will be done next week probably, along with the battery relocation to the trunk. Then it's back to trimming wires for the back half.

Beasty5.0
¯
Member # 2935

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beasty5.0  Ford pictures for Beasty5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Wow awesome progress Rob. Call me up when you're done so, I can come see it. [patriot]
Posts: 1055 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Jun 2003  |  :
NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Man I need your type of motivation. What type of music are you listening to? Lol

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1986 Hatch- catfish killer
1964 Impala hard top

Posts: 18528 | From: EA$T $IDE REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
RRRCobraSC281
¯
Member # 7086

quote:
Originally posted by Beasty5.0:
Wow awesome progress Rob. Call me up when you're done so, I can come see it. [patriot]

Will do. Have you done anything with that coupe?

--------------------
Project 93GT500 has started
90 Coyote Coupe (sold)
88 Mach 1 Coupe MM&FF 6/14 (sold)
65 FFR Cobra (sold)

RRRCobraSC281
¯
Member # 7086

quote:
Originally posted by NEIGHT:
Man I need your type of motivation. What type of music are you listening to? Lol

I usually like It quiet, but when I do listen to anything, it's KNBR 680 sports talk radio.

But personally, I feel like I've been slacking a bit. Long hours at work and cold weather makes it hard to wake up early to get a good start.

[ 2015-12-11, 07:50 PM: Message edited by: RRRCobraSC281 ]

--------------------
90 Coyote Coupe (sold)
65 FFR Cobra (sold)

NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by RRRCobraSC281:
quote:
Originally posted by NEIGHT:

I usually like It quiet, but when I do listen to anything, it's KNBR 680 sports talk radio.

But personally, I feel like I've been slacking a bit. Long hours at work and cold weather makes it hard to wake up early to get a good start.

I have to be listening to music it gets me in the zone. I feel you on the slacking, I'm up at 3 am every morning so when I get off work I don't feel like working on my car especially with it being cold.

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1986 Hatch- catfish killer
1964 Impala hard top

Posts: 18528 | From: EA$T $IDE REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
Saleenssc14
¯
Member # 7791

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Saleenssc14  Ford pictures for Saleenssc14    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
A bit out of topic, but Robert was this your last build??

Mach Notchback

--------------------
Carlos Munoz

Posts: 1156 | From: Union City | Registered: Jul 2007  |  :
RRRCobraSC281
¯
Member # 7086

quote:
Originally posted by Saleenssc14:
A bit out of topic, but Robert was this your last build??

Mach Notchback

Yes

--------------------
90 Coyote Coupe (sold)
65 FFR Cobra (sold)

RRRCobraSC281
¯
Member # 7086

Was gonna wait until my Optima battery charger came in so I can take pics with the LED lights on. Yes, the Optima battery I pulled from storage is in need of a charge and some maintenance, and all bulbs have been switched to LEDs. Reason switching to LEDs, because the 2013 headlights and taillights were LED. And since I'm using the wire harnesses from a 2013 the wire size was based on LED amperage loads. The incandescent bulbs would have drawn too much current.
The taillight wiring was a little tricky since the turn signal and brake lights light up the same group of LEDs, and the Foxbody is not like that. There's a module in the back that controls the type of light sequence, and it gets an input from the brake pedal position switch (BPP). I plan to detach the BPP from the module and use it only for the brake lights and 3rd brake light. Then wire the turn signal to the inner turn/stop light wire. The inner because on the 2013 the turn signals were sequential and electronically fired. So to keep the same flash cycle I'm using the inner turn/stop light. And since I've disconnected the BPP input to the module. The turn/stop light will only fire as a turn signal, and never for brakes.

Hope I didn't lose anyone on that explanation.

Things left to do:
-Waiting on the driveshaft. Been ordered about 2 weeks ago. Any moment.
-Top off fluids. i.e. Brake fluids, super unleaded gasoline, and antifreeze.
-Charge the AC system
-Retorque all suspension bolts
-Install the H-pipe and cat-backs.
-Paint the interior quarter trim.
-Modify foxbody door panels.
-Install the front and rear glass.
-Get ready for Knotts.

--------------------
90 Coyote Coupe (sold)
65 FFR Cobra (sold)

RRRCobraSC281
¯
Member # 7086

The AC lines were shortened by about 1 1/2" width wise.
 -
 -

--------------------
90 Coyote Coupe (sold)
65 FFR Cobra (sold)

RRRCobraSC281
¯
Member # 7086

Some pics of the upper and lower radiator supports.
Had them powder coated at All Bay Coatings in Fremont.
 -
 -
 -

--------------------
90 Coyote Coupe (sold)
65 FFR Cobra (sold)

RRRCobraSC281
¯
Member # 7086

Finished installing the headliner, dome light and overhead console. So amazed that the 2013 overhead console fit as good as it did. Also trimmed the rear deck cover for the 3rd brake light.
 -
 -
 -

--------------------
90 Coyote Coupe (sold)
65 FFR Cobra (sold)

LSFairmont
¯
Member # 6001

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LSFairmont  Ford pictures for LSFairmont    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
That's bad ass!
Posts: 3652 | From: the land of the lost | Registered: Sep 2005  |  :
Krz88lx
¯
Member # 4261

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Krz88lx  Ford pictures for Krz88lx  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
That's a bad ass build 👍🏼👍🏼

--------------------
Krz4rd5

Black 02 SS
¯
Member # 5939

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Black 02 SS  Ford pictures for Black 02 SS    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Attention to detail dully noted (thumbs up).

--------------------
Schwinn 18speed

Page: 1  2  3  ...  13  14  15  16  17  18  19   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com