Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Project Coyote Notch (Page 13)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  ...  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19   
Author Topic: Project Coyote Notch
Robb
¯
Member # 9444

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robb  Ford pictures for Robb    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Very disappointing outcome. Hope that tweaker never shows his face around here again.
Posts: 2467 | From: Sacramento,CA | Registered: Sep 2009  |  :
hurting your feelings
¯
Member # 13641

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hurting your feelings  Ford pictures for hurting your feelings    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I will say this the is a high possibly that 90GTsleepers may have end up with the 351 that mr.Alex crisp had stolen from one of my friends.
Posts: 1830 | From: In front of the bank with a 45 an a ski mask | Registered: Jun 2014  |  :
RRRCobraSC281
¯
Member # 7086

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RRRCobraSC281  Ford pictures for RRRCobraSC281    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
To get back to the build topic, I will post progress once It's all done. This way I can just concentrate on finishing the car.

--------------------
Project 93GT500 has started
90 Coyote Coupe (sold)
88 Mach 1 Coupe MM&FF 6/14 (sold)
65 FFR Cobra (sold)

Posts: 1746 | From: Fremont, CA | Registered: Sep 2006  |  :
70stang351w
¯
Member # 9948

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 70stang351w  Ford pictures for 70stang351w    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sucks that this happened aleast your trying to stay positive about the project still....Glad i didnt Drop my hood and trunk off with this painter like i had planned; guess it back to the Restoshop.

Still cant wait to see the finished project

--------------------
1996 GT VERT /32v MOD - SOLD
1970 Mustang Coupe M-Code 351w

i
¯
Member # 12534

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for i  Ford pictures for i    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Blue92:
What a bitch.

Right here

--------------------
86 Caged Coupe 5.0
91 Salvaged Coupe

Posts: 1901 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Nov 2012  |  :
90GT510
¯
Member # 9199

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90GT510  Ford pictures for 90GT510    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by hurting your feelings:
quote:
Originally posted by Saleen 00-768:
quote:
Originally posted by 90GT510:
quote:
Originally posted by Saleen 00-768:
quote:
Originally posted by 90GTSleeepr:
, Roberts notch is a True Frame off

Lol, frame off foxbody?
Please elaborate
Lol, on what? How to restore a unibody?
First you do a line of meth then you break out the cutting torch an fuck shit up .
The torch thing is sort of what I pictured when I read frame off hahaha

--------------------
Stay Sydewayz

Posts: 1725 | From: East Bay/Dallas, TX | Registered: May 2009  |  :
NorCalRydaz
¯
Member # 3233

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NorCalRydaz  Ford pictures for NorCalRydaz    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by RRRCobraSC281:
To get back to the build topic, I will post progress once It's all done. This way I can just concentrate on finishing the car.

Great. So your hoping to have your car back late August? You still going with same color?
RRRCobraSC281
¯
Member # 7086

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RRRCobraSC281  Ford pictures for RRRCobraSC281    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Still going with the same color. A very reputable shop. He usually does high end collector cars. So a fox body mustang is usually not the usual customer here, but he's making an exception.

Normally his charge is $10,000 but after showing him all the shit I've gone through he's promised me $5600 by the end of August. Which usually mean mid September, because I've dealt with the guy before and he is the best painter I know west of the Rockies.

NorCalRydaz
¯
Member # 3233

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NorCalRydaz  Ford pictures for NorCalRydaz    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Still going with the same color. A very reputable shop. He usually does high end collector cars. So a fox body mustang is usually not the usual customer here, but he's making an exception.

Normally his charge is $10,000 but after showing him all the shit I've gone through he's promised me $5600 by the end of August. Which usually mean mid September, because I've dealt with the guy before and he is the best painter I know west of the Rockies.

Sounds like a great price for a high quality paint job. Seeing he also has to clean up someone else's mess.

What are you doing to do to the coupe once you get it back?

RRRCobraSC281
¯
Member # 7086

Put the car back together and get it ready for Knotts next year

--------------------
90 Coyote Coupe (sold)
65 FFR Cobra (sold)

SantaClara_Cobra
¯
Member # 9488

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SantaClara_Cobra  Ford pictures for SantaClara_Cobra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Damn, what a headache and pos.

--------------------
18 Denali diesel
91 🦊

89TRUNK
¯
Member # 2506

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89TRUNK  Ford pictures for 89TRUNK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
5600 for a complete paint job, are you undoing the prior job? Good price at a great shop.
RRRCobraSC281
¯
Member # 7086

quote:
Originally posted by 89TRUNK:
5600 for a complete paint job, are you undoing the prior job? Good price at a great shop.

Yes, the guy is going to reblock sand the car. Lots of areas where he painted over debris and adhesive from labels. The only good part he said was the jams were done. The $5600 price is a friendly price. He knows what I went through.
90GT510
¯
Member # 9199

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90GT510  Ford pictures for 90GT510    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by 89TRUNK:

Yes, the guy is going to reblock sand the car. Lots of areas where he painted over debris and adhesive from labels. The only good part he said was the jams were done. The $5600 price is a friendly price. He knows what I went through.
Man after seeing the effort u put into this car, it sucks that dude really pulled one over on u. Why are there so many shady people on this forum.

At least it's in the right hands now.

[ 2015-07-23, 10:09 AM: Message edited by: 90GT510 ]

--------------------
Stay Sydewayz

66_5.0
¯
Member # 9974

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66_5.0  Ford pictures for 66_5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
That really fucking blows man. Did you write down anything on paper?

--------------------
1966 Mustang

Vndcatr
CAFords OG
Member # 2343

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vndcatr  Ford pictures for Vndcatr    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thats crazy..my buddy just went through the same ordeal with a $5,500 paint job on his termy that was a complete hack job locally.. theres alot of hack painters out there..I dont think he has 10k to put into paint though.

Goodluck, and cant wait to see the end result.. that green looks badass on your notch

--------------------
Built 01 cobra
400 rwhp
11.7@117mph , 1.62 60ft

Posts: 1066 | From: Sacramento,Ca | Registered: Jan 2003  |  :
RRRCobraSC281
¯
Member # 7086

-

-

What it looked like on Tuesday when I picked it up.

[ 2015-07-23, 07:20 PM: Message edited by: RRRCobraSC281 ]

--------------------
90 Coyote Coupe (sold)
65 FFR Cobra (sold)

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
So you still had to pay $2600 for a half-ass incomplete paint job?!?! If anything, he should be paying you back for the wasted time and stress he caused you! That's ridiculous!
RRRCobraSC281
¯
Member # 7086

It's gonna be fine. Just can't wait to get the car back together.
70stang351w
¯
Member # 9948

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 70stang351w  Ford pictures for 70stang351w    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[Eek!] Damn that all that was done in the time he had it i know you described in detail how the paint looked but damn; cant wait to see the final product that green is sick!

[ 2015-07-23, 08:57 PM: Message edited by: 70stang351w ]

--------------------
1996 GT VERT /32v MOD - SOLD
1970 Mustang Coupe M-Code 351w

90GT510
¯
Member # 9199

quote:
Originally posted by 70stang351w:
[Eek!] Damn that all that was done in the time he had it i know you described in detail how the paint looked but damn; cant wait to see the final product that green is sick!

Well he stated frame off and it's looks like he put it aback together maybe that's what took a long time.

--------------------
Stay Sydewayz

RRRCobraSC281
¯
Member # 7086

LoL...it wasn't together. We put that thing together in about 1 1/2hrs.

--------------------
90 Coyote Coupe (sold)
65 FFR Cobra (sold)

adower
¯
Member # 5955

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for adower  Ford pictures for adower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Why didn't you get your money back? You actually let him keep 2,600$ for painting three panels?

--------------------
98 Cobra
Griggs
S Trim
HRE

RRRCobraSC281
¯
Member # 7086

I still believe Jon does know how to paint, but his health issues kinda complicates correcting his mistakes along the way. And at what point does he finally throws in the towel or tap out? I know he needed the money but with his health deteriorating, he really shouldn't be taking on such projects until he truly is physically able to do it from start to finish without compromise.

But for now, it would be best for him to get his health in order. Truely that should be what's important for him and his family.

--------------------
90 Coyote Coupe (sold)
65 FFR Cobra (sold)

RRRCobraSC281
¯
Member # 7086

quote:
Originally posted by adower:
Why didn't you get your money back? You actually let him keep 2,600$ for painting three panels?

He's in financial hardship. Sure I could take him to civil court and win. It would probably lead into bigger problems for him. Is it going to make me feel better? Probably not.
Building a case isn't gonna happen by itself. And the fact that I got my car back and it's being painted by someone I truly trust, I'm already 10x happier and relieved than I was at this time last week. So do I want to go back and gather all that crap for $2600 and to ruine someone's life? Some might enjoy that, but that's not me.

I'm past this whole ordeal, and I'm not looking back. I got a car to put together. That's my focus.

--------------------
90 Coyote Coupe (sold)
65 FFR Cobra (sold)

Page: 1  2  3  ...  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com