Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Is it just me or do people jock 03 cobras (Page 8)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: Is it just me or do people jock 03 cobras
*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *EPIK*  Ford pictures for *EPIK*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Luke87GT:
quote:
Originally posted by EPIK:
quote:
Originally posted by 50 Deep:
quote:
Now, what good is being "cammed & whippled" if you don't plan on racing the car? That is the thing that boggles my mind about MOST Cobra owners. It seems its all about having the highest dyno numbers just to have bragging rights. Isn't this the same thing that people get on Supra owners about, essentially having "dyno queens"? Since these cars are so amazing from the factory, why not just have a lowered Cobra with exhaust & wheels, that looks, sounds, & drives nice??? What good is having 550+ rwhp if you won't be using it?

For the same reason guys put a full road race suspension on their car and never auto cross it.

Simply because they can.

My car will be making an appearance at the drag strip most likely next week BTW...
Whoa! Good Luck Dustin. And just remember, slicks, 7K launch, & powershift every gear [Wink]

Just make sure somebody gets those Subway shifts on camera! Watching you and T race on video is like listening to a slow love song. [Razz] [Razz] [Razz]

Oh, and LMAO at this thread...

I doubt any 7k launching or powershifting will be going on, but I will try to cut down the $5 foot long shifts to 6 inch subs LOL... Hey, at least I'm quicker than Terrance. BTW, when I raced the Notch on vid, the clutch cable was F'd the hell up, not to mention the trans as well, so it was very hard to shift that car fast...

--------------------
=91 Notch:12.31@110 **Under Construction**
=05 CTS-V: 418rwhp/393rwtq=13.01@111

http://www.djepikmusic.com

phil a
¯
Member # 6951

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for phil a  Ford pictures for phil a    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by 03SVTPower:
quote:
T, if you got these wheels in a 18x9/18x11 variety, you sir would shut down this site for a week. If you got BBS RK Plasmas, you'd shut it down for 6 days. If you got Chrome Saleen Reps(like me), I will skip over your thread without an ounce of hesitation.

"SVT Cobra - When losing a dyno race is not an option" ROFL

Just playing guys, having a lil fun on Friday. Love me some Termi, and T, you got one of my fav colors too!

i like how it says when "loosing" isnt an option!lol i think they mean LOSING!!!
Ya they F'd that one up, lol. What cafords member wrote that? fasthatch, fess up! [Razz]
LMAO!!!!
Posts: 1261 | From: toledo oh | Registered: Jul 2006  |  :
Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dustin, it's def not easy to work a tranny that has seen better days and is on its way out.

Let us know how things turn out with the Mach. Best of luck!

--------------------
Stangless

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
O4COBRA
¯
Member # 10015

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for O4COBRA  Ford pictures for O4COBRA    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Moses, I hopefully will be there next wednesday to see what this thing can finally do with the mods. Hope to see you out there running low 12's [Wink]

Kyle, I would love to get some pics of my car at the strip, I also need some rolling shots similar to the badass ones you did 4 Chad...

T , nobodys getting butthurt, we all know this is all in good fun.

Sounds good to me. I'll hit you up on Tuesday and see if you're going out there on Wednesday. If so I'll bring my stuff to work and shoot over to the track after. I'll bring my rig equipment and we'll do shots like Chad's right there in the lot. Haha people will be looking at us like WTF!! [Big Grin]
*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *EPIK*  Ford pictures for *EPIK*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by O4COBRA:
quote:
Moses, I hopefully will be there next wednesday to see what this thing can finally do with the mods. Hope to see you out there running low 12's [Wink]

Kyle, I would love to get some pics of my car at the strip, I also need some rolling shots similar to the badass ones you did 4 Chad...

Sounds good to me. I'll hit you up on Tuesday and see if you're going out there on Wednesday. If so I'll bring my stuff to work and shoot over to the track after. I'll bring my rig equipment and we'll do shots like Chad's right there in the lot. Haha people will be looking at us like WTF!! [Big Grin]
Sweet, that would be sick. I need some rolling shots, but I will have slicks on the rear when I go to the track though...

--------------------
=91 Notch:12.31@110 **Under Construction**
=05 CTS-V: 418rwhp/393rwtq=13.01@111

http://www.djepikmusic.com

O4COBRA
¯
Member # 10015

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for O4COBRA  Ford pictures for O4COBRA    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by O4COBRA:
quote:

Sweet, that would be sick. I need some rolling shots, but I will have slicks on the rear when I go to the track though...
No problem, we'll take what we can Wednesday. Then figure out another time when the car is back to normal trim to take some more.
SFvert
Drama kids have no place here
Member # 3965

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SFvert  Ford pictures for SFvert        Edit/Delete Post 
[Whoo Whooooo!]

--------------------
R.I.P. 89 LX Sold the 90 Vert,
I bring the Amber Lamps!!!
[IMG]http://images.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/5/53/Epicbeardmanwin.jpg[/IMG]

Posts: 3706 | From: the city by the bay | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :
5.0_707
¯
Member # 5893

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5.0_707  Ford pictures for 5.0_707    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by SFvert:
[Whoo Whooooo!]

C'mon man seriously....? You having fun yet?
Pure Stang
¯
Member # 7251

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pure Stang  Ford pictures for Pure Stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
stop bringing old shit up. someone wants to get banned lol

--------------------
HEART BREAKER

R.I.P Willie Guzman (5ltrsvt) you will be missed brother.
04/24/87 - 11/23/2012

90 lx 347 RIP
86 gt
89 lx- next project

Page: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com