Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Is it just me or do people jock 03 cobras (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: Is it just me or do people jock 03 cobras
svt306snake
¯
Member # 1967

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for svt306snake  Ford pictures for svt306snake    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by 50 Deep:
I jock them hard. BEST mustang I have ever owned by far.

I like how they are referred to as cookie cutter and yet every mustang ever made is mass produced. So I don't get how cobras are any more cookie cutter than the next. We just saw an exact clone of epik's mach on CL a few monts ago. And cmon Dustin, when you drove my car you even said you would have rather bought one than be that deep financially into yours.

Sydwaysix even said in his for sale thread he would buy a termi if he could afford it. And with all the cars you have been through I guess none of them were "all that" in your opinion.

8stang8 has a bad ass fox, but one he can't easily smog or park wherever he wants. Nor resale for what he has into it. For all you've built the wheels are still worth more than the car and the car is worth more in pieces. And will get pennies from an insurance company if ever wrecked/stolen.

Threethirty1's comment says it all. He is out hunting for 03/04 cobras to beat. Not foxes, not mach 1's, not saleens or even 96-01 cobras. Because people measure their cars against 03/04's and not vice versa

I guess if loving a 600 rear wheel capable car that can pass smog with a 6 speed, IRS, an Eaton, blow ice cold ac and drive across country while having a resale value of 20k plus is a bad thing then I'm a sure sucker

I would suggest all that don't jjock them go drive a bone stock one on a daily basis for 30 days. Then go jump in your modded or unmodded current mustang and see if you don't reconsider how much you like them.

i love you man should have one hopefully within a month

--------------------
F*** TPS MOTORSPORTS F *** TPS MOTORSPORTS THEY SUCK ASS

TEAM TRUE FORGED X 2 SPONSORED

CAPITAL MUSTANG C.C.

Posts: 5841 | From: SACRAMENTO "916" YA KNOW | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
50Reasons
¯
Member # 6452

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50Reasons  Ford pictures for 50Reasons    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Don't get me wrong cobras are ok but to me nothing beats a fox the small light cAr that just screams muscle car the sn and new edge termis are just two bulky to me and are very cookie cutter. The foxes are just bad ass and they dominate most drag strips accross the country!

--------------------
50Reasons Car Club President
Daniel/50Reasons
http://youtu.be/n_UkDg_F4MQ
https://youtu.be/066xRvxKy-g

Posts: 9483 | From: Sacramento Ca | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by EPIK:
they are very "cookie cutter" IMO

Just want to be 100% certain that we are talking about Ford Mustang here, the most cookie cutter car in the history of the automobile industry. Identifying which cookie cutter model is the most cookie cutter is funny, LOL [Razz]

--------------------
Stangless

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
87droptop50
Go Giants!
Member # 7185

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 87droptop50  Ford pictures for 87droptop50  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by svt306snake:
quote:
Originally posted by 87droptop50:
sheeet termi's are sick but shelby gt500s are getting into my price range and is a better looking car IMO

man im starting to see those all over the place what are they going for now
I've seen them go for 28k to 33k you just have to travel sometimes. I flew to LA for my HD truck with low ass miles . My girl is getting a CTSV in a few months and were flying out to AZ. For a CTS around 14k

--------------------
HighSpeed Motorsports
87Mustang Gt Conv kurgan tuned
03Harley F150 #5023
69El Camino SS396 -sold
99 f350 7.3 DRW

fstryde3
¯
Member # 8436

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fstryde3  Ford pictures for fstryde3    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well I have to say I am biased right off the bat cause I own a 10th Anniversary 03 vert;however, I can honestly say that after 5 mustangs and having driven countless others this is my fav car by far and I'm not gonna lie Dustin I love your Mach but having a Cobra definately gets me more attention then any other stang I have ever had, plus knowing that you can drop the top, ride comfortably as hell cause of the IRS and still have a 400, 500, 600 HP car is awesome. I would't trade it for anything and I can afford a Shelby (not to sound like a dick)but I wouldn't spend the money on it, my Cobra new was 31k no new Shelby can touch that.

-

Posts: 2950 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jun 2008  |  :
Robb
¯
Member # 9444

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robb  Ford pictures for Robb    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by 50Reasons:
Don't get me wrong cobras are ok but to me nothing beats a fox the small light cAr that just screams muscle car the sn and new edge termis are just two bulky to me and are very cookie cutter. The foxes are just bad ass and they dominate most drag strips accross the country!

youll also have a hard time trying to get a fox to pass smog with over 350HP
Posts: 2467 | From: Sacramento,CA | Registered: Sep 2009  |  :
STREETFIGHTER50
¯
Member # 2973

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for STREETFIGHTER50  Ford pictures for STREETFIGHTER50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Don't get it, what's not to like on a Termi?? One of Fords best lookin Mustangs ever IMO (exterior & interior), can make a ton of ez-smoggable power, 6 speed, IRS, brakes, etc... What's there that it has that I wouldn't want bolted onto any other stang? Shit I wish I could afford a real one, Altho the dream car would be a Coupe with a complete Termi swap for me.

--------------------
'89 Coupe-Kurgan Tuned 498/491RW, Vortech SI, 351W

Posts: 3925 | From: SF Bay Coastin' to Rocklin | Registered: Jun 2003  |  :
*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *EPIK*  Ford pictures for *EPIK*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by ugotsmoked:
nothing more cookie cutter than any mustang on fr500's. just sayin. the termi is the best mustang produced to date. taking into consideration of looks, driveability, strength and overall horsepower. i see more machs than cobras for sure. i can actully go in my backyard and throw a rock over my neighbors house and hit one. you cannot compare a mach to a termi. go ahead and slap 15psi to a mach and watch the powdered pistons make a fireworks display.

p.s. i know the new 5.0 stangs are dope. BUT, they are also fugly.

First of all, I had the FR500's before just about anybody in Sac, so they were far from "cookie cutter" back then. If I could afford some TF's or CCW's the FR's would be gone. 2nd of all, Ford produced roughly 16,000 mach 1's, & 19,000 Cobra's, so the Cobra are by far more common? Anybody who was going to slap 15 psi on a STOCK mach engine is an idiot, but you can slap the same 15 psi on a BUILT mach, & it will be just as stout as a Cobra?

--------------------
=91 Notch:12.31@110 **Under Construction**
=05 CTS-V: 418rwhp/393rwtq=13.01@111

http://www.djepikmusic.com

*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *EPIK*  Ford pictures for *EPIK*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I like how they are referred to as cookie cutter and yet every mustang ever made is mass produced. So I don't get how cobras are any more cookie cutter than the next. We just saw an exact clone of epik's mach on CL a few monts ago. And cmon Dustin, when you drove my car you even said you would have rather bought one than be that deep financially into yours.

Its funny because the only similarities between that mach & mine were the color & the FR's, besides that they werent similar? Mine has a better stance, tint, Cobra mirrors, & decklid...

--------------------

*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

quote:
Originally posted by BladeX10:
The people that talk crap about a terminator are people with foxes that cant afford a terminator. Simple as that. Im sure any of us would rather own a 2003/4 Cobra if we had the funds. The fact you can make 1000RWHP on a stock cobra engine alone should be the main reason to get one. The 03 cobra is still one of the best mustangs ever made.

LOL... Ok, I can't afford a Terminator? C'mon, I own 2 mustangs, I could easily sell my Mach & my Fox, & go out to jump in an allmighty Terminator. Better yet, I could just sell my Mach & get a Termi, & still keep my Fox, but the fact is, I don't want to. I like what I have, that is why i own it.... Yeah, maybe if I could go back in time, I would've bought a Termi instead of getting my Mach 1, but after owning the car for 4 years, I am attached to it, & wouldn't trade it for a Terminator...

--------------------

East Bay 50
¯
Member # 8081

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for East Bay 50  Ford pictures for East Bay 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

Sydwaysix even said in his for sale thread he would buy a termi if he could afford it. And with all the cars you have been through I guess none of them were "all that" in your opinion.

8stang8 has a bad ass fox, but one he can't easily smog or park wherever he wants. Nor resale for what he has into it. For all you've built the wheels are still worth more than the car and the car is worth more in pieces. And will get pennies from an insurance company if ever wrecked/stolen.

Threethirty1's comment says it all. He is out hunting for 03/04 cobras to beat. Not foxes, not mach 1's, not saleens or even 96-01 cobras. Because people measure their cars against 03/04's and not vice versa

I guess if loving a 600 rear wheel capable car that can pass smog with a 6 speed, IRS, an Eaton, blow ice cold ac and drive across country while having a resale value of 20k plus is a bad thing then I'm a sure sucker

I would suggest all that don't jjock them go drive a bone stock one on a daily basis for 30 days. Then go jump in your modded or unmodded current mustang and see if you don't reconsider how much you like them.

ha ha ha! that was pretty well thought out Kanye. for the most part I agree with everything you said lol!

--------------------
Kurgan tuned stroked and blown 347 foxbody. boost nukka!

East Bay 50
¯
Member # 8081

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for East Bay 50  Ford pictures for East Bay 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Luke87GT:
Wait a minute... You take the distribution of OEM Mustangs that have been produced since the beginning, compare them thoroughly, and the 03-04 Cobra certainly stands out from the bunch and is "all that"

- Forged Internals
- Factory Supercharged DOHC
- T56
- IRS
- 600+rwhp potential with a blower swap and fuel
- All creature comforts you'd ever want

For someone that doesn't want to spend months or even years building their own project, the 03-04 Cobra is a nice alternative (and very attractive to me since I don't have time to build cars these days).

Personally I can't get myself to spend $20K on a Mustang, but i can certainly see the appeal. If I spend that kind of dough on a car, it's gonna be BMW/Z06...

for 20k you will get an old ass zo6 or an old ass bmw! 20k is really not alot of money to spend on a car nowadays. But hey, whatever makes you happy cause it's your money [patriot]

--------------------
Kurgan tuned stroked and blown 347 foxbody. boost nukka!

fstryde3
¯
Member # 8436

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fstryde3  Ford pictures for fstryde3    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
quote:
The people that talk crap about a terminator are people with foxes that cant afford a terminator. Simple as that. Im sure any of us would rather own a 2003/4 Cobra if we had the funds. The fact you can make 1000RWHP on a stock cobra engine alone should be the main reason to get one. The 03 cobra is still one of the best mustangs ever made.

LOL... Ok, I can't afford a Terminator? C'mon, I own 2 mustangs, I could easily sell my Mach & my Fox, & go out to jump in an allmighty Terminator. Better yet, I could just sell my Mach & get a Termi, & still keep my Fox, but the fact is, I don't want to. I like what I have, that is why i own it.... Yeah, maybe if I could go back in time, I would've bought a Termi instead of getting my Mach 1, but after owning the car for 4 years, I am attached to it, & wouldn't trade it for a Terminator...
People are always gonna hate man I for one have seen your Mach numerous times and I love it but I have a Terminator. Can I afford a Shelby? Yes, do I like Shleby's? Yes, but I am not getting rid of my Cobra. Besides everyone knows that's your Mach when they see it so you don't really need a Cobra.

[ May 31, 2010, 08:54 PM: Message edited by: fstryde3 ]

CornOil_&_Boost
¯
Member # 5888

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CornOil_&_Boost  Ford pictures for CornOil_&_Boost    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The 03/04 Cobras are one of the best mustangs ever built IMO. They fall just slightly behind The 05-10 GT500 and 95-up S351's...

that being said, I can always say that I am sad to see that these cars are called "cookie cutter". Pretty much every Mustang that you can just open your Summit/Jegs/BBK/UPR catalog, order parts and bolt them on in a day is a "cookie cutter" car.....If you are a Fox owner, Congrats you bought the oldest and most affordable cookie cutter car of all time...or as sometimes referred to as the "Me too" car...

the power trains in the Termis are one of the best in the business and the suspension platform was top notch in Mustang land.

I agree with Terence (and others) by saying that what other Mustang can you buy a bunch of bolt on parts make 450+RW and drive to Florida with the A/C kicking on before 2003?

I personally will never own one because I would rather have a pushrod Cobra before one of those or just take a step up and go with a GT500. The Gt500 is a superior car in pretty much all aspects...but back to topic...

For what the 03/04 is, they were the measure of "street" performance until the C6 ZO6's came out....everyone I knew without one was looking to find a pullied 03/04 on the street just to see if they could "roll" on one.....

I would never trade my 95 for one but I gotta say I have a lot of respect for what Ford did to those and the aftermarket companies that stepped up with the numerous parts to make those cars pretty beastly with minimal work and/or parts....

[ May 31, 2010, 09:17 PM: Message edited by: jordan_0806 ]

--------------------
https://www.facebook.com/pushrodpoweredmustangs
'95 Cobra - small engine / small turbo -
'02 Excursion 7.3 - tow vehicle
'14 - Chevy Volt - DD

50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50 Deep  Ford pictures for 50 Deep  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by East Bay 50:
quote:

ha ha ha! that was pretty well thought out Kanye. for the most part I agree with everything you said lol!
Actually as I reread that I did make some solid points. All these papers I be having to write are helpn kanye out

--------------------
Signature Wheel Ford Representative
Email: Terrance@Signaturewheel.com
Instagram: @Signature_Wheel_Mustang
Web: www.SignatureWheel.com

Posts: 6043 | From: sacramento | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
LETHL 03
¯
Member # 5401

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LETHL 03  Ford pictures for LETHL 03    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i was going to put my 10th anniversary cobra with 29k miles for sale for around 12k but since not many people like them, i'll just have to suffer and keep it [Big Grin]

--------------------
RIP Willie Guzman LQ9SN95

Hard Head Muscle
#HHM #babydickcobra #lethl03

*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

quote:
Originally posted by LETHL 03:
i was going to put my 10th anniversary cobra with 29k miles for sale for around 12k but since not many people like them, i'll just have to suffer and keep it [Big Grin]

Actually, EVERYONE likes them, they hate Mach 1's. LOL

The thing I don't get is the fact that everyone thinks that because I don't want to own 1 means I don't like them? I think they are sick, I just don't worship them like most do. Like I said before, I am happy with what I have, I don't need a Cobra. I PERSONALLY would rather build my Mach to my specs & liking, or my fox for that matter.

--------------------

*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

quote:
quote:

Just want to be 100% certain that we are talking about Ford Mustang here, the most cookie cutter car in the history of the automobile industry. Identifying which cookie cutter model is the most cookie cutter is funny, LOL [Razz]
Of course every Mustang is "Cookie Cutter", but what I meant from my statement was, when you go to a car show, or a cruise in, or the track, everyone has an 03/04 Sonic Blue Cobra with a whipple & 18" Chrome Cobra wheels. What sets them apart from other Cobra's?

Whats more cookie cutter, a wingless Bright atlantic Blue 2000 GT with a built motor, Turbo, 95 R hood, & 18" CCW's, or a Sonic Blue Cobra with a whipple & 18" Cobra wheels?

Hell, if Damani & Terrance were parked next to 1 another, I wouldn't be able to tell their cars apart. LOL...

[ May 31, 2010, 09:59 PM: Message edited by: EPIK ]

--------------------

venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for venomous99  Ford pictures for venomous99    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
theyre alright cars...i like sn95's better. [Wink]
fstryde3
¯
Member # 8436

quote:
quote:
quote:

Of course every Mustang is "Cookie Cutter", but what I meant from my statement was, when you go to a car show, or a cruise in, or the track, everyone has an 03/04 Sonic Blue Cobra with a whipple & 18" Chrome Cobra wheels. What sets them apart from other Cobra's?

Whats more cookie cutter, a wingless Bright atlantic Blue 2000 GT with a built motor, Turbo, 95 R hood, & 18" CCW's, or a Sonic Blue Cobra with a whipple & 18" Cobra wheels?

Hell, if Damani & Terrance were parked next to 1 another, I wouldn't be able to tell their cars apart. LOL...

You know what I think is worse, it's not the Cobra it's the Cobra owner, I have had mine for years now and everytime I talk to some ahole at a car show with a Cobra, or a guy who wants one, it's always ah man you should get chrome 18" AFS 03's or FR500's and man you gotta get a Bassani exhaust and man you need a JLT Cold Air, I really think that's what people hate is some of the guys who own them. I mean shit log onto SVTperformance without 18" wheels and a Bassani and see what happens LOL

[ May 31, 2010, 10:12 PM: Message edited by: fstryde3 ]

StreakMatt
¯
Member # 6257

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for StreakMatt  Ford pictures for StreakMatt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The whole cookie cutter thing that Epik is speaking on is put like this. 99% of 03-04 Cobras look identical. Since they were produced with great looking exterior body parts from the factory. So when u show up to a meet, car show, track etc. your Cobra will not be set apart looks wise from the next one. But Everyone knows Epiks Mach because it stands out from the rest and is unique from other 99-04 GT, Bullit, or Machs. You can spot it a mile away. I pride myself on being unique, which is why I like my Fox so much, there aren't any clones! But there are thousands of Black 03-04 Cobras that look the same as my 03. With all these Sac cats getting Cobras now im gonna have to do something to mine to set it apart.

--------------------
Custom Blue '88 GT: Garage Built= MM&FF January 2012 Cover and Feature. Tuned by Bob Kurgan

Black '03 Cobra: 2.9 Whipple Tuned by Bob Kurgan

Posts: 1198 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If i found a 03-04 Cobra in that Redfire red or whatever its called for 10K i would buy it

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

Chavez66
¯
Member # 9812

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chavez66  Ford pictures for Chavez66    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
[Eek!] Dam this discussion is gettN fierce, I'll jus stick with ma 66 mustang N say that I'll pull more heads from da ladies than anyone of these new mustangs haha [Big Grin] I might not be as fast but I'm ok with jus getN the ladies IMO. I can also honostly say that there is no other car out there that looks like my 66, they can be made so unique that it's really hard to find 2 cars alike

[ May 31, 2010, 10:35 PM: Message edited by: Chavez66 ]

--------------------
WWW.50Reasonscarclub.com

Posts: 1694 | From: Dont worry about it | Registered: Feb 2010  |  :
ugotsmoked
¯
Member # 6069

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ugotsmoked  Ford pictures for ugotsmoked    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by streakmatt:
The whole cookie cutter thing that Epik is speaking on is put like this. 99% of 03-04 Cobras look identical. Since they were produced with great looking exterior body parts from the factory. So when u show up to a meet, car show, track etc. your Cobra will not be set apart looks wise from the next one. But Everyone knows Epiks Mach because it stands out from the rest and is unique from other 99-04 GT, Bullit, or Machs. You can spot it a mile away. I pride myself on being unique, which is why I like my Fox so much, there aren't any clones! But there are thousands of Black 03-04 Cobras that look the same as my 03. With all these Sac cats getting Cobras now im gonna have to do something to mine to set it apart.

you should put staggered 100 spokes on it. [Big Grin]

--------------------
02 GT - Fully built and blown - RIP
'00 C5 Frc - Cammed and tuned - sold
66 Nova - Restored - 6.0 In the works

Posts: 1585 | From: Rocklin, Ca. | Registered: Sep 2005  |  :
Robb
¯
Member # 9444

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robb  Ford pictures for Robb    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
quote:

Well i didnt necessarily mean it like that. I meant the people that talk the most crap about Cobras are usually ragged fox owners who've never driven one before and think their primered mustangs is the best thing in the world. Ive met a few people like that before.
Posts: 2467 | From: Sacramento,CA | Registered: Sep 2009  |  :

Page: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com