Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Is it just me or do people jock 03 cobras (Page 7)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: Is it just me or do people jock 03 cobras
Pure Stang
¯
Member # 7251

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pure Stang  Ford pictures for Pure Stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by 50 Deep:
quote:
Originally posted by EPIK:
Now, what good is being "cammed & whippled" if you don't plan on racing the car? That is the thing that boggles my mind about MOST Cobra owners. It seems its all about having the highest dyno numbers just to have bragging rights. Isn't this the same thing that people get on Supra owners about, essentially having "dyno queens"? Since these cars are so amazing from the factory, why not just have a lowered Cobra with exhaust & wheels, that looks, sounds, & drives nice??? What good is having 550+ rwhp if you won't be using it?

For the same reason guys put a full road race suspension on their car and never auto cross it.

Simply because they can.

so after your done your gonna let me drive it? hahah ill compare it to 408cobrar car hahah jk

--------------------
HEART BREAKER

R.I.P Willie Guzman (5ltrsvt) you will be missed brother.
04/24/87 - 11/23/2012

90 lx 347 RIP
86 gt
89 lx- next project

50DADDY
CAFords OG
Member # 3076

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50DADDY  Ford pictures for 50DADDY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Im thinkin cams are unecessary for what you wanna do T.I think your goals can be achieved through a good blower and tuning.

--------------------
"Im not stupid,i just act that way so i dont make you dummies uncomfortable."

"Old age and treachery shall overcome youth and skill."

Posts: 4827 | From: Suckramento | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
RED@7kVERT *8850GT*
¯
Member # 5909

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RED@7kVERT *8850GT*  Ford pictures for RED@7kVERT *8850GT*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
03/04 COBRA > OXYGEN

Lol

--------------------
02 Z06-11.0 @ 132 1.9 60'
_ _ _ _ _ ____ _ _ _ _ _
Sold:05 CTS-V-13.1@114
Sold:01 Cobra Vert-12.0@119

*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *EPIK*  Ford pictures for *EPIK*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 

[ June 04, 2010, 12:41 AM: Message edited by: EPIK ]

--------------------
=91 Notch:12.31@110 **Under Construction**
=05 CTS-V: 418rwhp/393rwtq=13.01@111

http://www.djepikmusic.com

50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50 Deep  Ford pictures for 50 Deep  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Pure Stang:
quote:
quote:
Now, what good is being "cammed & whippled" if you don't plan on racing the car? That is the thing that boggles my mind about MOST Cobra owners. It seems its all about having the highest dyno numbers just to have bragging rights. Isn't this the same thing that people get on Supra owners about, essentially having "dyno queens"? Since these cars are so amazing from the factory, why not just have a lowered Cobra with exhaust & wheels, that looks, sounds, & drives nice??? What good is having 550+ rwhp if you won't be using it?

For the same reason guys put a full road race suspension on their car and never auto cross it.

Simply because they can.

so after your done your gonna let me drive it? hahah ill compare it to 408cobrar car hahah jk
Yeah I'm gonna have to get together with a few guys to see how mine ends up. Throw me the keys to the 347 fox and we can ride out. Haha

Yeah Jeff man for 500 I could just get a small pulley, maybe a little steggy port on the blower, single blade, mid pipe, cat back, little extra fuel, solid tune and be good. Maybe make over 5. I have read all the threads and seen builds that get those numbers easy.

But the same way you wanna do a 32v swap instead of just buying a vortech kit, id rather upgrade my valvetrain while the cars apart then wish I had done it later. But its all good advice

--------------------
Signature Wheel Ford Representative
Email: Terrance@Signaturewheel.com
Instagram: @Signature_Wheel_Mustang
Web: www.SignatureWheel.com

Posts: 6043 | From: sacramento | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *EPIK*  Ford pictures for *EPIK*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
quote:

Simply because they can.

I didn't set out to build a road race car, I bought coilovers to dial in my desired stance. I bought the k member because I needed to install a new clutch, & since I have Mac LT's, the K member needed to be dropped to do the clutch. Once everything was off, there was no sense on reinstalling the bulky stock K member. Yeah MM suspension is good for road racing, BUT it is also very durable on the street & the strip, this is why I have it on my car.

My car will be making an appearance at the drag strip most likely next week BTW...

[ June 04, 2010, 01:06 AM: Message edited by: EPIK ]

--------------------

Pure Stang
¯
Member # 7251

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pure Stang  Ford pictures for Pure Stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
quote:
quote:

Simply because they can.

I didn't set out to build a road race car, I bought coilovers to dial in my desired stance. I bought the k member because I needed to install a new clutch, & since I have Mac LT's, the K member needed to be dropped to do the clutch. Once everything was off, there was no sense on reinstalling the bulky stock K member. Yeah MM suspension is good for road racing, BUT it is also very durable on the street & the strip, this is why I have it on my car.

My car will be making an appearance at the drag strip most likely next week BTW...

sick im going to be taking my stang out as well hopefully and see what it can do with the new set up. hope to see you there man [patriot] .

and T i dont mind trading keys for a little bit. i like they way cobras drive [Big Grin]

--------------------
HEART BREAKER

04/24/87 - 11/23/2012

90 lx 347 RIP
86 gt
89 lx- next project

O4COBRA
¯
Member # 10015

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for O4COBRA  Ford pictures for O4COBRA    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
quote:
quote:

Simply because they can.

Good point on the suspension. Coilovers aren't just for "racing"...

You going to the track next Wednesday Dustin? I might just have to bring the camera(s) out that night.

50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50 Deep  Ford pictures for 50 Deep  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
quote:
quote:

Simply because they can.

Ahhh so we agree, you can buy parts designed for racing but use them for other reasons.

If you slide out with the full slicks though that thing should run well. Just don't let moises drive since he likes snapping axles. And if guys want some subway sandwiches id be glad to take the keys.

Yo I hope nobody gets butt hurt over this shit talking. I love you guys [patriot]

--------------------

*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

Moses, I hopefully will be there next wednesday to see what this thing can finally do with the mods. Hope to see you out there running low 12's [Wink]

Kyle, I would love to get some pics of my car at the strip, I also need some rolling shots similar to the badass ones you did 4 Chad...

T , nobodys getting butthurt, we all know this is all in good fun.

[ June 04, 2010, 01:39 AM: Message edited by: EPIK ]

--------------------

*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

[Smile] [Big Grin] [Whoo Whooooo!]

-

[ June 04, 2010, 02:36 AM: Message edited by: EPIK ]

--------------------

gtowned
¯
Member # 8156

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for gtowned  Ford pictures for gtowned    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

-

-

--------------------
Taking terminators off the road one at a time...

Posts: 1106 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jan 2008  |  :
Pure Stang
¯
Member # 7251

quote:
Moses, I hopefully will be there next wednesday to see what this thing can finally do with the mods. Hope to see you out there running low 12's [Wink]

Kyle, I would love to get some pics of my car at the strip, I also need some rolling shots similar to the badass ones you did 4 Chad...

lol the way the suspencion is i would not doubt it. [patriot]

--------------------
HEART BREAKER

04/24/87 - 11/23/2012

90 lx 347 RIP
86 gt
89 lx- next project

50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

-

-

-

[ June 04, 2010, 04:43 AM: Message edited by: 50 Deep ]

--------------------

gtowned
¯
Member # 8156

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for gtowned  Ford pictures for gtowned    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
 -

--------------------
Taking terminators off the road one at a time...

Posts: 1106 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jan 2008  |  :
90FoX
FoX
Member # 1974

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90FoX  Ford pictures for 90FoX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by gtowned.:
 -

^^^^ haha lmao

damn yall still have this thread going? [Eek!] [worship]

Posts: 5364 | From: Shooting Skeet | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
RED@7kVERT *8850GT*
¯
Member # 5909

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RED@7kVERT *8850GT*  Ford pictures for RED@7kVERT *8850GT*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A whipple and cams and your still gonna get walked by a 4 door family sedan. Whata shame.....

Sigh......

[Big Grin]

--------------------
02 Z06-11.0 @ 132 1.9 60'
_ _ _ _ _ ____ _ _ _ _ _
Sold:05 CTS-V-13.1@114
Sold:01 Cobra Vert-12.0@119

Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
quote:
quote:

Simply because they can.

Whoa! Good Luck Dustin. And just remember, slicks, 7K launch, & powershift every gear [Wink]

Just make sure somebody gets those Subway shifts on camera! Watching you and T race on video is like listening to a slow love song. [Razz] [Razz] [Razz]

Oh, and LMAO at this thread...

[ June 04, 2010, 11:28 AM: Message edited by: Luke87GT ]

--------------------
Stangless

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
T, if you got these wheels in a 18x9/18x11 variety, you sir would shut down this site for a week. If you got BBS RK Plasmas, you'd shut it down for 6 days. If you got Chrome Saleen Reps(like me), I will skip over your thread without an ounce of hesitation.

-

"SVT Cobra - When losing a dyno race is not an option" ROFL

Just playing guys, having a lil fun on Friday. Love me some Termi, and T, you got one of my fav colors too!

[ June 04, 2010, 11:52 AM: Message edited by: Luke87GT ]

--------------------
Stangless

SFvert
Drama kids have no place here
Member # 3965

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SFvert  Ford pictures for SFvert        Edit/Delete Post 
120 + replies , 7 pages!!! point proven, you guys "swang" way to much!!!

-

- [Embarrassed] [dance]

[ June 04, 2010, 01:06 PM: Message edited by: Chris Hanson ]

--------------------
R.I.P. 89 LX Sold the 90 Vert,
I bring the Amber Lamps!!!
[IMG]http://images.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/5/53/Epicbeardmanwin.jpg[/IMG]

Posts: 3706 | From: the city by the bay | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :
03SVTPower
CAFords OG
Member # 518

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 03SVTPower  Ford pictures for 03SVTPower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Luke87GT:
T, if you got these wheels in a 18x9/18x11 variety, you sir would shut down this site for a week. If you got BBS RK Plasmas, you'd shut it down for 6 days. If you got Chrome Saleen Reps(like me), I will skip over your thread without an ounce of hesitation.

-

Just playing guys, having a lil fun on Friday. Love me some Termi, and T, you got one of my fav colors too!

i like how it says when "loosing" isnt an option!lol i think they mean LOSING!!!

--------------------
2003 Redfire "AED" Cobra R.I.P

Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

quote:
Originally posted by 03SVTPower:
quote:
Originally posted by Luke87GT:

i like how it says when "loosing" isnt an option!lol i think they mean LOSING!!!
Ya they F'd that one up, lol. What cafords member wrote that? fasthatch, fess up! [Razz]

--------------------
Stangless

50DADDY
CAFords OG
Member # 3076

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50DADDY  Ford pictures for 50DADDY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by RED@7kVERT *8850GT*:
A whipple and cams and your still gonna get walked by a 4 door family sedan. Whata shame.....

Sigh......

[Big Grin]

I know you said your a car guy but you rolled over kinda quick my friend. [Razz]

--------------------
"Im not stupid,i just act that way so i dont make you dummies uncomfortable."

"Old age and treachery shall overcome youth and skill."

Posts: 4827 | From: Suckramento | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
04cobra408
¯
Member # 4025

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 04cobra408  Ford pictures for 04cobra408    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

when you hittin the track Dustin? I Think Mo is rollin wed the 16th with me for wed night drags.

--------------------
Willie Guzman
RIP lil brother
11-23-12

Juan Moya
"The King Cobra"
11/16/81 - 8/20/05

Posts: 1945 | From: san jose ca | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :
*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

quote:
Originally posted by 04cobra408:
quote:

when you hittin the track Dustin? I Think Mo is rollin wed the 16th with me for wed night drags.
Most likely next wednesday, or the next TNT.

--------------------

Page: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com