Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Is it just me or do people jock 03 cobras (Page 3)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: Is it just me or do people jock 03 cobras
East Bay 50
¯
Member # 8081

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for East Bay 50  Ford pictures for East Bay 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by EPIK:
quote:
Originally posted by Luke87GT:
quote:
they are very "cookie cutter" IMO

Just want to be 100% certain that we are talking about Ford Mustang here, the most cookie cutter car in the history of the automobile industry. Identifying which cookie cutter model is the most cookie cutter is funny, LOL [Razz]
Of course every Mustang is "Cookie Cutter", but what I meant from my statement was, when you go to a car show, or a cruise in, or the track, everyone has an 03/04 Sonic Blue Cobra with a whipple & 18" Chrome Cobra wheels. What sets them apart from other Cobra's?

Whats more cookie cutter, a wingless Bright atlantic Blue 2000 GT with a built motor, Turbo, 95 R hood, & 18" CCW's, or a Sonic Blue Cobra with a whipple & 18" Cobra wheels?

Hell, if Damani & Terrance were parked next to 1 another, I wouldn't be able to tell their cars apart. LOL...

Mine has polished exhaust..... [Wink] and has full compression!.... I think? [Razz]

--------------------
Kurgan tuned stroked and blown 347 foxbody. boost nukka!

StreakMatt
¯
Member # 6257

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for StreakMatt  Ford pictures for StreakMatt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by ugotsmoked:
quote:
Originally posted by streakmatt:
The whole cookie cutter thing that Epik is speaking on is put like this. 99% of 03-04 Cobras look identical. Since they were produced with great looking exterior body parts from the factory. So when u show up to a meet, car show, track etc. your Cobra will not be set apart looks wise from the next one. But Everyone knows Epiks Mach because it stands out from the rest and is unique from other 99-04 GT, Bullit, or Machs. You can spot it a mile away. I pride myself on being unique, which is why I like my Fox so much, there aren't any clones! But there are thousands of Black 03-04 Cobras that look the same as my 03. With all these Sac cats getting Cobras now im gonna have to do something to mine to set it apart.

you should put staggered 100 spokes on it. [Big Grin]
I will trade u my "Cookie Cutter" FR500's for some 5 times gold 100 spokes! [Big Grin]

--------------------
Custom Blue '88 GT: Garage Built= MM&FF January 2012 Cover and Feature. Tuned by Bob Kurgan

Black '03 Cobra: 2.9 Whipple Tuned by Bob Kurgan

Posts: 1198 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
East Bay 50
¯
Member # 8081

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for East Bay 50  Ford pictures for East Bay 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Chavez66:
[Eek!] Dam this discussion is gettN fierce, I'll jus stick with ma 66 mustang N say that I'll pull more heads from da ladies than anyone of these new mustangs haha [Big Grin] I might not be as fast but I'm ok with jus getN the ladies IMO. I can also honostly say that there is no other car out there that looks like my 66, they can be made so unique that it's really hard to find 2 cars alike

if you need ANY type of car to get a female to look at you, then you are truly a sad panda...

--------------------
Kurgan tuned stroked and blown 347 foxbody. boost nukka!

50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50 Deep  Ford pictures for 50 Deep  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Are you sure cookie cutter isnlt really "well designed"?

The 03/04 SVT Cobra is one of the few mustangs designed with a dedicated front bumper, side skirts, scoops, hood and rear bumper. Maybe with saleen being the exception. No other specialty mustang be it Bullit, Mach1, GT, 40th Anniversary or Roush have their exclusive parts. They are all based off of a GT or v6 and share their components. The fact you don't see 03/04's all kitted is because ford designed them well. When was the last time you saw a ferrari, porsche or vette with a wild body kit or interchanged components that didn't look funny? You don't because the factory did an outstanding job and they are easy to make look outstanding. No need to swap spoilers, hoods. Bumpers, lights.

Streakmatt is a prime example. He had to put countless hours into body work and changing the entire look of his fox from the way it came stock in order to make it stand above any other mustang. When all terminators needed is a set of H&R's and some ccw classics to grace a magazine cover.

So while everyone else butchers their uniqe mustangs by swapping in terminator bumpers, mirrors, spoilers, IRS, brakes, motor, paints and transmissons, I will gladly represent the mold others try so hard to pull from.

** now don't get me wrong. I don't think terminators are the end all be all to mustangs or engineering. And I'm not cocky now that I own one. But I am extremely happy with the car I've chosen and will fill you in on why all day**

--------------------
Signature Wheel Ford Representative
Email: Terrance@Signaturewheel.com
Instagram: @Signature_Wheel_Mustang
Web: www.SignatureWheel.com

Posts: 6043 | From: sacramento | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
03SVTPower
CAFords OG
Member # 518

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 03SVTPower  Ford pictures for 03SVTPower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by WildFire532FB:
If i found a 03-04 Cobra in that Redfire red or whatever its called for 10K i would buy it

how bout 21k? [Big Grin]

--------------------
2003 Redfire "AED" Cobra R.I.P

STANGBOY
¯
Member # 7868

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for STANGBOY  Ford pictures for STANGBOY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by 50 Deep:

The 03/04 SVT Cobra is one of the few mustangs designed with a dedicated front bumper, side skirts, scoops, hood and rear bumper. Maybe with saleen being the exception. No other specialty mustang be it Bullit, Mach1, GT, 40th Anniversary or Roush have their exclusive parts. They are all based off of a GT or v6 and share their components. The fact you don't see 03/04's all kitted is because ford designed them well. When was the last time you saw a ferrari, porsche or vette with a wild body kit or interchanged components that didn't look funny? You don't because the factory did an outstanding job and they are easy to make look outstanding. No need to swap spoilers, hoods. Bumpers, lights.

Streakmatt is a prime example. He had to put countless hours into body work and changing the entire look of his fox from the way it came stock in order to make it stand above any other mustang. When all terminators needed is a set of H&R's and some ccw classics to grace a magazine cover.

So while everyone else butchers their uniqe mustangs by swapping in terminator bumpers, mirrors, spoilers, IRS, brakes, motor, paints and transmissons, I will gladly represent the mold others try so hard to pull from.

** now don't get me wrong. I don't think terminators are the end all be all to mustangs or engineering. And I'm not cocky now that I own one. But I am extremely happy with the car I've chosen and will fill you in on why all day**

WHOA T UR GOING TO HARD ON EPIK

Y U GOTA BRING UP THE MIRRORS [Eek!]

R U GUYS BEEFING OR SOMETHING LOL [Razz]

--------------------
1986 mustang notchback

she's good from far but far from good

*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *EPIK*  Ford pictures for *EPIK*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by STANGBOY:
quote:

LOL. Naw its just a lil freindly beef...

I guess I butchered my Mach 1 by putting mustang mirrors that came factory on 40th anniversary GT's & Terminators? Hmmm, I guess the 2 piston caliper PBR brakes that came factory on my car, Bullitt's, & on Cobra Mustangs since the 93 R, now are considered Terminator brakes? Actually, they 1st appeared on C4 Corvettes back in the 80's lol.

Yeah, I do have a TERMINATOR spoiler on my car, but that was the 1 part of the Mach I couldn't stand was the ugly black spoiler, so you got me there.

Note the "TERMINATOR" mirrors on this 40th anni GT...

-

[ May 31, 2010, 11:49 PM: Message edited by: EPIK ]

--------------------
=91 Notch:12.31@110 **Under Construction**
=05 CTS-V: 418rwhp/393rwtq=13.01@111

http://www.djepikmusic.com

04cobra408
¯
Member # 4025

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 04cobra408  Ford pictures for 04cobra408    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by BladeX10:
The people that talk crap about a terminator are people with foxes that cant afford a terminator. Simple as that. Im sure any of us would rather own a 2003/4 Cobra if we had the funds. The fact you can make 1000RWHP on a stock cobra engine alone should be the main reason to get one. The 03 cobra is still one of the best mustangs ever made.

yep agreed. and agree with Terrance. only 5500 cobras or so made in 04.Think it was like 12 or 14k in 03. thought they made 10-15k machs each year? I had an 03 mach when it first came out.
Posts: 1945 | From: san jose ca | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :
50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50 Deep  Ford pictures for 50 Deep  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by STANGBOY:
quote:

Lol. Nah were not beefin. Me, Dustin and Streakmatt all been doin some shit talkin to eachother via txt or in person since I got the cobra and even when I had my old cars. Plus Dustin has been beatin all my cars for years since I first met him so I can talk a little shit now. Good thing about the people I've met here is that were all good friends so the shit talk is just fun.

Me and D actually out gettn drinks the other night and he might be my borther in law after a while. Bwahaha

--------------------
Signature Wheel Ford Representative
Email: Terrance@Signaturewheel.com
Instagram: @Signature_Wheel_Mustang
Web: www.SignatureWheel.com

Posts: 6043 | From: sacramento | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *EPIK*  Ford pictures for *EPIK*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by 04cobra408:
quote:
Originally posted by BladeX10:
The people that talk crap about a terminator are people with foxes that cant afford a terminator. Simple as that. Im sure any of us would rather own a 2003/4 Cobra if we had the funds. The fact you can make 1000RWHP on a stock cobra engine alone should be the main reason to get one. The 03 cobra is still one of the best mustangs ever made.

yep agreed. and agree with Terrance. only 5500 cobras or so made in 04.Think it was like 12 or 14k in 03. thought they made 10-15k machs each year? I had an 03 mach when it first came out.
Nope only 16,XXX Mach's produced in total.

19,XXX Cobra's produced total.

--------------------

Fostang
¯
Member # 3752

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fostang  Ford pictures for Fostang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Now this right here no termi "cobra" can touch. [Razz]

Like I was once told..."there are two types of people in the world, those who have a cobra and those who don't..." [burnout]

-  -

[ June 01, 2010, 12:02 AM: Message edited by: Fostang ]

--------------------
67' Fastback TT 408
67' Camaro Lsx
64' Corvette Fuelie
57' Chevy Bel Air Lsx
68’ Pony Convertible
66’ Pony Coupe

Posts: 3011 | From: Stockton/Danville | Registered: Nov 2003  |  :
threethirty1
¯
Member # 7814

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for threethirty1  Ford pictures for threethirty1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Is that a real shelby or a take home "kit"?

--------------------
1987 Black GT
factory zero option car

Fostang
¯
Member # 3752

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fostang  Ford pictures for Fostang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by threethirty1:

Read the sig...

If you consider a kit car one that was designed on a cad drawing with 4" tube steel chassis correcting all the short commings of a "real" cobra. Coil over suspension fuel inected 5 speed 13" brakes etc etc then I guess yes it is a "kit"

Although a "kit car" is techically one you use per say a fiero under and throw a lambo shell on to. Or the cobra 289's from britain that used like an amg lower frame and you just threw a "cobra" shell. [patriot]

--------------------
67' Fastback TT 408
67' Camaro Lsx
64' Corvette Fuelie
57' Chevy Bel Air Lsx
68’ Pony Convertible
66’ Pony Coupe

Posts: 3011 | From: Stockton/Danville | Registered: Nov 2003  |  :
saleen_freak
¯
Member # 6521

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for saleen_freak  Ford pictures for saleen_freak    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am a fan of the 03/04 Cobras. I admire the fact that they are so fast right off the lot. With minor bolt ons that car can get 550+ rwhp.
I think that we should distinguish between jocking and resecting the car. I do think that all Cobras look the same and that they sound simiar with the sc sound. But thats fine. Nothing wrong with that.
I own a 99 s-351 and turn heads where I go. I lke that my sc is whindy and my car is is unique # 32 out of 40. But my car is kinda cookie cutter bc you can't tell its a s-351 besides my plaque on the trunk and my wing. Oh of course when you pop the hood. Can't wait to get my car back from AED from a full overhaul on the engine. Saw yours there Epik.
sidenote- always get someone that knows what they are doin to work on your car or you will pay for it in the end. Like me. $$$$
I should have 550+ rwhp but we'll see. Just like the 03/04 Cobras. Power like that is tuff to get.

Posts: 211 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Feb 2006  |  :
Chris83179
¯
Member # 6017

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chris83179  Ford pictures for Chris83179    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

The 03/04 SVT Cobra is one of the few mustangs designed with a dedicated front bumper, side skirts, scoops, hood and rear bumper. Maybe with saleen being the exception. No other specialty mustang be it Bullit, Mach1, GT, 40th Anniversary or Roush have their exclusive parts. They are all based off of a GT or v6 and share their components.

Exclusive my ass [Smile] What car first had the retro gauges, or the smooth rocker panels, or the billet shift knob, side scoop deletes. Not that anyone gives a crap about that stuff LOL. I wish ford gave me a 32v [Smile]
Posts: 558 | From: Bay Area & Sac | Registered: Sep 2005  |  :
threethirty1
¯
Member # 7814

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for threethirty1  Ford pictures for threethirty1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Fostang:
quote:
Originally posted by threethirty1:

Read the sig...

If you consider a kit car one that was designed on a cad drawing with 4" tube steel chassis correcting all the short commings of a "real" cobra. Coil over suspension fuel inected 5 speed 13" brakes etc etc then I guess yes it is a "kit"

Although a "kit car" is techically one you use per say a fiero under and throw a lambo shell on to. Or the cobra 289's from britain that used like an amg lower frame and you just threw a "cobra" shell. [patriot]

Shit man im on Autocad right now..lol

Sounds like a hard ass ride homie..

--------------------
1987 Black GT
factory zero option car

SLPR93
¯
Member # 8769

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLPR93  Ford pictures for SLPR93  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
STOCK TERMI, NO THANK YOU. I WILL RATHER DRIVER A BUILT FOX .IF I WANTED LUXURY I WOULD DO AMG BUT A FULLY BUILT COBRA SOLID REAR AND C4 I COULD DIE A HAPPY MAN
*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

Well, I'm gonna end my part in this thread on this note, I respect 03/04 Cobra's. They look good, sound good, & perform good. All of the owners I have met on here are super cool like FstRyde3, 04Cobra408, & EastBay50 to name a few. Its mainly the cocky ass owners that look down on my car because its still in the 300rwhp club that annoy me. That might be the reason I get so heated when this debate comes up from time to time. I have'nt really had that experience with anybody on this site, but on other forums & at meets.

Truth be told, I like my car for what it is & Im happy with it, that is what matters to me. All you 03/04 Cobra owners are happy with your cars & thats all that matters right?

-

[ June 01, 2010, 12:33 AM: Message edited by: EPIK ]

--------------------

03SVTPower
CAFords OG
Member # 518

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 03SVTPower  Ford pictures for 03SVTPower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Well, I'm gonna end my part in this thread on this note, I respect 03/04 Cobra's. They look good, sound good, & perform good. All of the owners I have met on here are super cool like FstRyde3, 04Cobra408, & EastBay50 to name a few. Its mainly the cocky ass owners that look down on my car because its still in the 300rwhp club that annoy me. That might be the reason I get so heated when this debate comes up from time to time. I have'nt really had that experience with anybody on this site, but on other forums & at meets.

Truth be told, I like my car for what it is & Im happy with it, that is what matters to me. All you 03/04 Cobra owners are happy with your cars & thats all that matters right?

-

well put brotha! if didnt have an 03 cobra, i would be more than happy with 300rwhp car!! we all have different taste,wants, & needs! I respect many cars low and high hp numbers! [patriot]

--------------------
2003 Redfire "AED" Cobra R.I.P

BULLITTMAN
¯
Member # 8468

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BULLITTMAN  Ford pictures for BULLITTMAN    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Chris83179:
quote:

The 03/04 SVT Cobra is one of the few mustangs designed with a dedicated front bumper, side skirts, scoops, hood and rear bumper. Maybe with saleen being the exception. No other specialty mustang be it Bullit, Mach1, GT, 40th Anniversary or Roush have their exclusive parts. They are all based off of a GT or v6 and share their components.

Exclusive my ass [Smile] What car first had the retro gauges, or the smooth rocker panels, or the billet shift knob, side scoop deletes. Not that anyone gives a crap about that stuff LOL. I wish ford gave me a 32v [Smile]
Exactly...what about a unique intake manifold, pullies and exhaust...lol

--------------------
R.I.P Little Bro Willie Guzman (5LTRSVT) 4/24/87 - 11/23/12
01 Bullitt #3102 Stroked and blown
Built and tuned by Shaun at AED
14 Fiesta ST

Wolfie351
¯
Member # 651

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wolfie351  Ford pictures for Wolfie351    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My only beef with the Terminator crowd is how many dyno queens there are. There are TONS of owners who make dyno run after dyno just to have bragging rights on who has the higher peak horsepower. To me, your dyno slip means NOTHING unless it's backed up with a 1/4 time.

But, with that said, if I were to purchase a Mustang right now, it would probably be an 03/04 Cobra.

Posts: 1214 | From: South Bay | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
89point.
¯
Member # 6078

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89point.  Ford pictures for 89point.    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The min I pay off my magnum, I will be looking for a silver 03 cobra.. I like that it doesn't take much to make em fast and the body just looks sooo goof from the factory. I will own one someday along with my magnum and my fox. I want one of everything.
50Reasons
¯
Member # 6452

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50Reasons  Ford pictures for 50Reasons    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The thing that makes me call the cobras cookie cutters is there's no aftermarket parts as far as cosmetic peices on the these cars every cobra looks the same the only thing that seperates them is color. And as far as driving them yes drove two very hard when you still could buy them new but was not so impressed to pay sticker for them, and don't need one for status symbol if that's what you guys are buying these cars your hearts not in the right place. But as a cafords member I guess your suposed to jock these termis but I like having the obsticle of making alot of horsepower when starting with very little and I've dumped more money in my vert to buy 2 termis and mod those but I love the fox and always will have one.

[ June 01, 2010, 01:53 AM: Message edited by: 50Reasons ]

--------------------
50Reasons Car Club President
Daniel/50Reasons
http://youtu.be/n_UkDg_F4MQ
https://youtu.be/066xRvxKy-g

Posts: 9483 | From: Sacramento Ca | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
phildog
¯
Member # 1214

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for phildog  Ford pictures for phildog    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What happened to the O.P.? He started this mess and then decided to go back to the LS1 forums...

Seriously, from my perspective, to each their own. Buy or build what you like - for you, not for your friends, your ex, your boys at the track, or whatever, for you. And if you want a Terminator, or think that a Terminator is the hottest thing since pornotube, then so be it. I love how the internet turns everyone into the phucking thought police.

*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

quote:
Originally posted by 03SVTPower:
quote:

-

well put brotha! if didnt have an 03 cobra, i would be more than happy with 300rwhp car!! we all have different taste,wants, & needs! I respect many cars low and high hp numbers! [patriot]
Thanks bro. I never met you, but you seem pretty cool too, & not like the typical Termi owner...

--------------------

Page: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com