Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » 67 Shelby GT500 Clone (Page 17)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  ...  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22   
Author Topic: 67 Shelby GT500 Clone
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by bwkelley76:
<<550 to the crank. It's the Ford 460 SCJ crate motor.

Edelbrock Heads and intake?

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

bwkelley76
¯
Member # 8792

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bwkelley76  Ford pictures for bwkelley76    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
<<IN reply to the Edelbrock question... Assuming this is the correct "era" of this crate motor, Here's a snipit from "Car Craft" regarding the cylinder heads... "Ford engine-builder Jon Kaase's Super Cobra Jet aluminum heads that offer outstanding 330-cfm intake and 225-cfm exhaust flow numbers from a set of heads that use similar components to the previous Ford 429 Super Cobra Jet head."

[ January 23, 2012, 10:25 PM: Message edited by: bwkelley76 ]

--------------------
Dont sweat the petty things and dont pet the sweaty things. "RIP George Carlin"

Posts: 886 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Dec 2008  |  :
bwkelley76
¯
Member # 8792

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bwkelley76  Ford pictures for bwkelley76    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Trade fell through, the guy completely flaked. SO she's still up for grabs. I haven't put her on the classifieds here. I wonder if I should.

--------------------

Secnd2nun64
¯
Member # 1431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Secnd2nun64  Ford pictures for Secnd2nun64    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Why not just get the car to a point where you can drive it and have fun with it? I understand that you want it all done to a certain point but you dont have to have it all done to that level at one time. Its shame to come as a far as you did to sell it at a loss and never even get to drive it. I'm sure others would agree. Can we take a vote? lol [Big Grin]
bwkelley76
¯
Member # 8792

Ford Icon 11 posted      Profile for bwkelley76  Ford pictures for bwkelley76    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
NO money equals no more motivation.

--------------------

Duh' Winning
¯
Member # 10713

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Duh' Winning  Ford pictures for Duh' Winning    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Trade fell through, the guy completely flaked. SO she's still up for grabs. I haven't put her on the classifieds here. I wonder if I should.

Heard it was for a 32 ford with sbc.

I thought u needed money y trade it for another car?

--------------------
Duh' Winning- Charlie Sheen

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
How about just park it somewhere until you have money.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

940sick3
CAFords OG
Member # 2713

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 940sick3  Ford pictures for 940sick3    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by WildFire532FB:

this!

you'll regret it man.... dont do it! lol

--------------------
87 5.0 LX coupe
68 Falcon futura sports coupe

Posts: 552 | From: everywhere | Registered: Apr 2003  |  :
bwkelley76
¯
Member # 8792

quote:
Originally posted by blown doors off:
quote:

Heard it was for a 32 ford with sbc.

I thought u needed money y trade it for another car?

The trade was for a 1970 Mach 1, not sure where you heard about a 32 ford. Let the rumors fly I guess.

I do need the money, but it's not that simple or that urgent. It will take me another 5-10 years on my new budget to get this one running and driving. Trading for a running ride would at least give me a toy to drive and play with for a while, that I can also sell at a later date to pay my debts in full. For now I can make payments on my student loans and drive another fun toy for a while. The payments leave me with very little extra to put into a project. I just can't afford a project like this one anymore.

--------------------

bwkelley76
¯
Member # 8792

quote:
Originally posted by 940sick3:
quote:
Originally posted by WildFire532FB:

this!

you'll regret it man.... dont do it! lol

Car has already sat for a year, I refuse to let it sit for another 5-10. It's wrong to the car and cruel to me to have to look in my garage and see what I can't afford to finish any longer. The car is better off with someone that can afford to finish it.

--------------------

SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Keep the shell and sell the motor, tranny & maybe the reared. That would give you money to make a nice payment on your student loans. ( you could put a cheap 302 in it to drive it.)

You will regret selling it. I've had my car for years and I know what it's like walking out and seeing a car you have little money to spend on...... But I know I will get the money later on to finish it.
Think what a fastback shell is going to cost 10 years from now? Us guys that have owned ours a long time have lucked out on picking these old cars up for a decent price.

--------------------
Originally posted by turbo50:
I have no intenions of keeping anyones parts or taking anyones money.