Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » 67 Shelby GT500 Clone (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4  ...  20  21  22   
Author Topic: 67 Shelby GT500 Clone
bwkelley76
¯
Member # 8792

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bwkelley76  Ford pictures for bwkelley76    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm a car whore I swear.

To make a long story short the '69 is on its way to Australia to its proud new owner in a week or 2.

I'm starting over again with a '67 fastback I just bought.

This time I'm doing a gt500 clone and I'm doing it right. NO ELEANOR STUFF.

Here's the new beast and all its progress. Black plate equipped '67 C code deluxe fastback, manual brake and steering car with a '69 "true 4V" 351 Windsor, she runs good but of course needs a complete resto. I think this one is going to get paint and body FIRST, then I can get it road worthy and do all the mechanical and interior myself over time.

-
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -

[ September 25, 2010, 01:40 AM: Message edited by: bwkelley76 ]

--------------------
Dont sweat the petty things and dont pet the sweaty things. "RIP George Carlin"

Posts: 886 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Dec 2008  |  :
BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BIGBALLFACTOR  Ford pictures for BIGBALLFACTOR    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
nice car is going to be lsx powered
Wicked Motorsports
¯
Member # 8702

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wicked Motorsports  Ford pictures for Wicked Motorsports  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I know where you bought it but I'am not gonna say.You got a good deal.When the guy started it I was suprized.I elive there was an issue w/the papers.Good luck w/the build keep us posted...

--------------------
92Fobra GT40/E303/BBK/Mac's (sold)
89notch 306HO/TFS1/BBK lt's
89CHP 331/5spd/LT's/LM1's (RIP)
65 331/HCI/TCI trans/SOLD

Posts: 2604 | From: 831salinas | Registered: Oct 2008  |  :
Beasty5.0
¯
Member # 2935

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beasty5.0  Ford pictures for Beasty5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Oh so you're the one that bought for $6500.. That was a good deal.

http://www.californiafords.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=042093

Posts: 1055 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Jun 2003  |  :
50Reasons
¯
Member # 6452

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50Reasons  Ford pictures for 50Reasons    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Nice buy and it should be a great build better then the other two you had in the past IMO

--------------------
50Reasons Car Club President
Daniel/50Reasons
http://youtu.be/n_UkDg_F4MQ
https://youtu.be/066xRvxKy-g

Posts: 9483 | From: Sacramento Ca | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
bwkelley76
¯
Member # 8792

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bwkelley76  Ford pictures for bwkelley76    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I bought it from a friend, he got it at the show last weekend. The only paperwork issues I'm aware of are the tags are outdated and it has back fees. That can be taken care of. Not sure about the details and I really don't care. The gent I bought it from takes care of me and we have a solid business relationship. He deserves the profit and it was a great find for us both.

[ May 20, 2010, 01:50 AM: Message edited by: bwkelley76 ]

--------------------

SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Nice to see you got another classic. Please don't sell this one for at least a year or two. If your going to do a Shelby, what color you gonna do?

--------------------
Originally posted by turbo50:
I have no intenions of keeping anyones parts or taking anyones money.

t top freak
¯
Member # 6269

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for t top freak  Ford pictures for t top freak  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
looks like this one will need more then a solid buff and polish job [Razz]

great find btw! very solid project!

--------------------
1994 cobra - sold!
1986 t top gt - parted out and sold!
on the hunt for another

Posts: 1023 | From: sacramento | Registered: Dec 2005  |  :
bwkelley76
¯
Member # 8792

Thanks! I had to get something before the money burnt a hole in my pocket...lol. This car was just what the doctor ordered. I do admit, I was looking at 03-04 Cobras, but there's just that "something" about the classics.

<<Yeah this one's going to need paint and a little bodywork.
I'm thinking about a "different" color, something you don't see every day like maybe a dark forest green, possibly Ivy-Gold, a nice candy-red, or maybe even BLACK, we'll see what the body shop and I figure out.

[ May 21, 2010, 12:30 AM: Message edited by: bwkelley76 ]

--------------------

bwkelley76
¯
Member # 8792

Just ordered the GT500 fiberglass from Stangaholics in Fresno. They gave me a great deal on the upgraded kit with integral headlight and tail light buckets with redesigned attachment points and nose to hood clearance upgrades. Comes with a 30-day fitment guarantee and a 1 year warp and sag warranty. Not bad.

http://stang-aholics.com/ShowItem/108344%201967%20Shelby%20Mustang%20Fastback%20Fiberglass%20Kit.aspx#RelatedItems2Div

Kit is made to order and will be shipped in 9 working days. [Smile] Car is getting paint stripped and sealed here in a few days so I can get started on all the body work and panel fitment.

--------------------

166 Merlo
FELONY
MOTORSPORTS
Member # 1549

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 166 Merlo  Ford pictures for 166 Merlo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Not bad r.kelly

--------------------
'89 - Boss Coupe
'70 - Drop Cutthang
'68 - Cougnut
'87 - 0166, Its real

bwkelley76
¯
Member # 8792

Looking at paint colors.... Definitely DECIDED AGAINST "Grabber Orange" Here's some pics I edited that were originally red. (makes for easy editing)

Nah, not my thing. :/

..These are the wheels and tires I have for the car already and the '67 they came off (Billet Specialties Fast Lane 20x9 rear and 18x8 front)

-

Here's a few gt500 pics that I edited
 -
 -
 -

[ July 25, 2010, 03:25 PM: Message edited by: bwkelley76 ]

--------------------

SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
^ [worship] yes paint it that color!!!! That color with your rims is going to look sooo f$&king sick!

[ May 30, 2010, 10:24 PM: Message edited by: Slowback67 ]

--------------------
Originally posted by turbo50:
I have no intenions of keeping anyones parts or taking anyones money.

89bluenotch
¯
Member # 7454

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89bluenotch  Ford pictures for 89bluenotch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
congrats nice find!!

--------------------
-Gunnar
89 coupe
54 f100
R.I.P. SILVERLX

Posts: 1857 | From: HEALDSBURG | Registered: Feb 2007  |  :
66_5.0
¯
Member # 9974

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66_5.0  Ford pictures for 66_5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[worship] color is clean!

--------------------
1966 Mustang

Notch1320
Man Pedal
Member # 2647

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Notch1320  Ford pictures for Notch1320    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Olive Green like a friend of mines car.... yes, it is a real one!!!

http://www.autoimagery.com/store/cgi-bin/imageFolio.cgi?cat=all&bool=and&search=bob+swan

Posts: 2349 | From: Yuba City, CA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  :
BULLITTMAN
¯
Member # 8468

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BULLITTMAN  Ford pictures for BULLITTMAN    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Nice pick up, I'm sure the car will be bad ass when done, but I can' believe you sold the 69... You shouldn't have sold it...

--------------------
R.I.P Little Bro Willie Guzman (5LTRSVT) 4/24/87 - 11/23/12
01 Bullitt #3102 Stroked and blown
Built and tuned by Shaun at AED
14 Fiesta ST

bwkelley76
¯
Member # 8792

...I'll miss it for sure.

[ June 01, 2010, 10:04 PM: Message edited by: bwkelley76 ]

--------------------

bwkelley76
¯
Member # 8792

<<<I was given a LOT of money for it so it had to go. [Smile]

--------------------

94 N.C.F GT
TEAM PLATINUM
Member # 8722

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 94 N.C.F GT  Ford pictures for 94 N.C.F GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Go with the orange it looks good [Wink]

--------------------
TEAM PLATINUM
87LX:(D D) ORANGE coupe
94GT:(427) Its a BEAST on the streets but in the garage it stays ASLEEP. N/A

Posts: 1313 | From: RICHMOND/sanpablo | Registered: Oct 2008  |  :
bwkelley76
¯
Member # 8792

Its definitely different. Im just tired of reds and blues and I just want something unique and tasteful.

--------------------

bwkelley76
¯
Member # 8792

Looks like I might paint the car this color

2010/11 Ford Bordeaux Reserve Red (computer generated color, but very close)

-

--------------------

Stangs R Us
¯
Member # 4495

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stangs R Us  Ford pictures for Stangs R Us    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
how much u get for the 69
Posts: 3100 | From: sacramento | Registered: Aug 2005  |  :
bwkelley76
¯
Member # 8792

<<enuf [Wink] I broke even and made a few extra bucks, nothing spectacular. At or slightly above market value I would say.

--------------------

bwkelley76
¯
Member # 8792

[ June 11, 2010, 02:08 AM: Message edited by: bwkelley76 ]

--------------------

Page: 1  2  3  4  ...  20  21  22   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com